Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to know where the livestock auctions were, 4H events too. My cousin did 4H and traveled all over with her pig. The sweater just doesn't stand out to me as a rodeo girl, all though I think that's more likely than someone following a band. But then again, what do I know? LOL

Would love to know where the livestock auctions were, 4H events too. My cousin did 4H and traveled all over with her pig. The sweater just doesn't stand out to me as a rodeo girl, all though I think that's more likely than someone following a band. But then again, what do I know? LOL

Yes. Livestock, farm, ranch, horses, cattle, rodeo. The scars line up with farm or ranch work, and her excellent fitness. Ranch work keeps you lean and fit. Not too many chunky cowpokes.

I've never been able to escape the conviction that this woman has waited on me in a truck stop restaurant somewhere, way back then. But I've never been able to call up a firmer memory or connect it to anything,

The jacket for sale has no label no lining. Could she be a backpacker from the UK just visiting and exploring the states only to have met up and accepted a ride from the wrong person? It would make since to start out west in the cooler months and work your way east as the temperatures warm up if you at sight seeing. Just a thought. I'm really bummed. I thought these jackets would put us in general location.

... and another thing - The dental charts say that she was missing her upper right front tooth (#8) antemortem (i.e., before she died), and she only had one tooth restoration (although they neglected to note which tooth was restored). So you can exclude any possibles that indicate multiple fillings or no missing teeth .

I found this very useful information about her dentals when I was going back through the early pages of the thread.

Car buff, are we saying this girl was walking around without a front tooth?

Car buff, are we saying this girl was walking around without a front tooth?

No, but since she had a crown, I suppose it's possible a missing person would have shown a broken tooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Over on the Sierah Joughin thread there's a link to a google doc that lists potential victims - one of which is BS. Did I miss that discussion in this thread?

Over on the Sierah Joughin thread there's a link to a google doc that lists potential victims - one of which is BS. Did I miss that discussion in this thread?

Wait, who is Sierah Joughin and why would she have murdered this girl?????

I don't know. CarlK's recon shows a gap but not wide enough for a missing tooth. Maybe it was so old that her other teeth had partly closed over the gap?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are we talking about BG's right front incisor? If so, she had a porcelain crown on that tooth.

Wait, who is Sierah Joughin and why would she have murdered this girl?????

Sorry, I missed a few words. SJ is a girl who was abducted and murdered in Ohio. The person who was arrested was found to have a torture room in the floor of his basement. A list of his potential and actual victims are on a Google doc which includes BG: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yxge3_4-cx_8Q-0TTkWcNiyfQ1_ohD2zHsPOmahiYnA/htmlview?pli=1#

Link to page I'm currently on for SJ: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Fulton-County-19-July-2016-6-*Arrest*/page56

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/29/us/ohio-james-worley-suspect-sierah-joughin-killing/

Okay, I found more information about the dental question. Still looking for a definitive answer.

According to Steve Lord, who emailed me back 12-7-09 regarding the Sharon Pretorius rule-out, her DNA is in CODIS. His wrote:

The lab called me back and confirmed that both our Jane Doe and Sharon Pretorius are in the CODIS system. They cannot be a match based on DNA.

There are now two more rule-outs on NamUs:
https://identifyus.org/cases/4790

Catherine Sjoberg 1957 Wisconsin
Kathy Wilcox 1956 Michigan

Also, is this dental information on the NamUs report new? It contradicts the info about a missing front tooth:

Dental information with autopsy report indicates "#9 right central incisor" as being porcelain. Diagram of skull illustrates the crown on the right central incisor, as does dental coding accompanying autopsy report (by Dr. Michael Tinkler, DDS), so assumed the use of "#9" in the autopsy report is in error -- the right central incisor is #8. Autopsy report indicates "No missing teeth, no fillings," Dr. Tinkler's report confirms.

And here is what appears to be the resolution: #8 has a porcelain crown but is not completely missing, and she has no other restorations or missing teeth.

Considering how often we find this kind of inconsistency, I'm glad we have the detailed records in this thread to go back and investigate.

That comment and the dental diagram has been recently revised.

It previously indicated "A" (i.e. Antemortem Loss with a healed socket) on tooth #8 (meaning that her right upper central incisor was missing prior to her death).

It now indicates "C" for tooth #8, meaning it has a crown. That is now consistent with the earlier comment that there was only one restoration.

They had previously indicated that there was one restoration, but they did not know which tooth. This now clarifies which tooth was restored.

Hopefully it is all correct now.

I suggested BG as a potential victim of JDW accusing of murdering Sierah Joughin due to the manner of which she was killed.

I suggested BG as a potential victim of JDW accusing of murdering Sierah Joughin due to the manner of which she was killed.

If that's true, he would have been what, 21 at the time of BG's murder? Which is possible. I wonder when the corner will release the cause of death for SJ because that will give us more info

I think it is incredibly unrealistic to think BG is a victim of this guy. Sierah disappeared from the far northwest corner of the state - literally just a few miles from the Michigan border. BG was found in the southern portion of the state. I'd guess about 4 hours away or so. Also, from the isotope evidence, etc., BG was just passing through and hadn't spent any significant time here. The odds of him just happening to be in that small town so far away at that time are incredibly remote. There are MANY other murders - solved and unsolved - that have occurred over the last 35 years in Ohio within a four hour drive of where BG was found. I have yet to see any reason why this guy is a more likely suspect than anyone else - he would seem like a much LESS likely suspect given his age at the time and the distance IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18