Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I have spent the last couple of days reading this thread and had an observation, not sure what good it might be though.

IIRC it was never said what she was strangled with. Is there a possibility that the buckskin jacket she was wearing had some type of cord / leather string through the eyelets? If it did it could have been thin enough not to show marks on the PM pic. Just a thought.

It is possible, and welcome to WS!!

It's possible that she is from Mexico. When we were truckers, we used to cross the border frequently. You see a lot of those home made ponchos with fringes there.

Looks like the change to the page was made on August 13, 2016. Not sure what the meaning of it is for that site, though.

Edit: The person who made the update was the founder of the Wikia page. Messaged him to see if there was additional information.

In response to my query asking why the plus was added, Gourami Watcher messaged back saying:
"Isotope and pollen testing has pinpointed areas where she spent time, including where she likely grew up. The media has also covered the case heavily within the last few months."

So where do they feel she likely grew up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jane doe from that case had a tattoo, BS girl didn't have any tattoos, IIRC.

I saw that on the Blytheville thread and asked about that because I couldn't find a case for the MP mentioned. I've been trying to find out if she's been found; I was thinking of BG when I saw her picture.

I saw that on the Blytheville thread and asked about that because I couldn't find a case for the MP mentioned. I've been trying to find out if she's been found; I was thinking of BG when I saw her picture.
Great minds think alike :) I couldn't find anything more about her either. I found a link in Google books search confirming Illinois as a location for CMF (the letter writer) in the 60s.

The Jane doe from that case had a tattoo, BS girl didn't have any tattoos, IIRC.

The theory here was that BSG might be Kim Phelps, who was mentioned and pictured by another investigator further on in the link.

I agree on the eyes. Less sure about chin.

She went missing at 14? So sad. Hopefully she was found and that's why we don't know anything about her. I don't come up with a Kim Phelps with that birthday on a DOB search but if she was found she probably grew up, got married, etc. Still, worth following up. Wish we could narrow down the area in Illinois where she might have been from.

I feel like I found Kim Phelps on Facebook, under a married name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member