Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understood, BG's isotope results didn't tell us where she grew up or where she was raised, but where she spent the last year or two of her life. It's possible she did grow up in that area but we don't know for sure because they didn't test her teeth or bones, only hair and nails, which gives us a shorter time span.

I thought I heard it was the Pacific Northwest.

“We’re doing everything we can leading up to the last straw basically which would be exhuming her body,” Hickey said.

I'm hoping they do exhume her body. To be honest, I think they should have skipped the hair and nail isotopes because the pollen pretty much had the same results, and gone right for bone and teeth isotopes.

I'm hoping they do exhume her body. To be honest, I think they should have skipped the hair and nail isotopes because the pollen pretty much had the same results, and gone right for bone and teeth isotopes.

I'm just glad they listened to us and did what they have so far. I have a feeling they're debating how long to wait before exhuming her.

(bbm)

Yes, me, too. It's progress.

I had caught it when I was going thru the thread to see what questions we've wanted to ask LE. I totally forgot about it until finding the post here, there's also a bunch of posts about isotope testing, so that must have been asked too by one of the 2 people in contact with LE

I wish we could get more photos of the jacket. Is there a belt sewn into the sides like the one posted above? On the ebay jacket I can see the stitching on the Chevron trim; but can't tell with BG's jacket. I wonder if her jacket has been preserved and if they could get pollen evidence from it
I can ask Lt Lord about more photos and the possibility of pollen. I'll keep you updated.
I wonder if any of the local new stations are planning on doing anything for the 35th anniversary? I am not familiar with who to contact or how to go about doing something like this. I did a quick search and the Troy Daily News is the newspaper where she was found, and Troy is very close to Dayton which probably has some form of news station.

I wish they would do isotope testing on Buckskin girl. I know that it isn't 100 percent accurate, but I have this nagging suspicion that she isn't from Ohio.

I have some questions. I don't think anyone here will be able to answer them, but I'll just leave them here in case somebody knows the answers. I also think that if the answers to some of these are known, they may not be released to the public. It's just a list of questions in my head.

1. Was a toxicology report ever completed? If so, were the results made public, and what were they?
2. Was it determined if she had been a smoker?
3. Were there any markings on her finger to indicate the presence of a wedding and/or engagement ring?
4. Will isotope analysis be completed?
5. What condition were her feet in (i.e. calloused and dirty, smooth, etc.)?
6. Were her legs and underarms shaven?
7. Had she ever carried a child?
8. Had she ever given birth?
9. Was her blood type determined?
10. Were traces of animal and/or human hair found on her clothing?
11. Was DNA, possibly of the perpetrator, found on her remains or her clothing?
12. Were her hands calloused or smooth?
13. What were her stomach contents?
14. Had she been beaten with an object? If so, was the shape of the object determined?
15. Was she manually strangled, or strangled with an object?
16. What was the condition of her fingernails? Were they manicured, unpolished, dirty?

I remember with Tammy Jo Alexander, they did testing to determine that she had a lot of corn in her diet. What is that testing called? That would be #17, to ask if they did that.

I still think it's possible that she is from Mexico.

Honestly at this point I feel like the next logical step is exhumation. I realize it sucks to do (one detective tried to explain that to me) but I don't understand why LEOs won't even consider it if there's literally nothing else left to do.

Honestly at this point I feel like the next logical step is exhumation. I realize it sucks to do (one detective tried to explain that to me) but I don't understand why LEOs won't even consider it if there's literally nothing else left to do.

BG's team are seriously considering it depending on what kind of tips they get after the current pollen/ isotopes testing. I don't know how long they're going to wait to decide

She'd have been 28 when Buckskin Girl was murdered, which is a bit over the age estimate.

She looks more like Princess Doe, but she's even farther out of the Princess's range.

I don't know whether I think that rules her out. We've seen estimates be farther off than that.

Hi everyone,

I posted this in Reddit, but wanted to post in on Websleuths since it seems to be more active. This is my first post here, so forgive me if I am not doing things correctly.

I have always followed the BG case, as I find it impossible to believe such a clear image of a person's face will forever go unrecognized. It's one of those things where you feel like someone HAS to recognize her, it's only a matter of time, right?
I periodically google BG to see if anyone has posted anything new, and the other day I came across a picture of Patricia Salamandyk that someone had posted on BG's facebook page and was immediately struck by the similarities in appearance. I started doing some research and found out the following (for those of you who are unfamiliar):
Apparently, Patricia went missing from her home in Spruce Grove (right outside Edmunton) in Canada in June of 1972 (she was 16 at this time). She had told her sister she was going to cut class that day and never returned home. She had not packed any of her belongings, had not had a fight, and did not seem to have a troubled home life, so it doesn’t appear to look like she ran away. No one has ever seen or heard from her again, however her family is still looking for her, and ran a news story about a year ago: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ch-help-solve-43-year-old-cold-case-1.3149569.

Since, as far as I had found, Patricia had not been ruled out, I started comparing the post-mortem picture with Patricia’s yearbook photo and started noticing some profound similarities. I tried making a composite of the two pictures, and had to step away for a little, as it’s upsetting. (Be warned, PM pictures). http://imgur.com/5zuhFw9 and here's a different level of transparency of that picture:http://imgur.com/9EbSM6e

I don’t know how common this is (and I am certainly not a forensic scientist), but all of the features match up perfectly, from the chin like to the widow’s peak. You can even see how she shaped her eyebrows from what they were before. The only thing that is off a bit is the nose, but I think that’s due to the angle. The post mortem picture was taken straight on, the yearbook photo was taken down at an angle, so that would explain the difference. The nose is still the same length/proportion.

On top of this, I believe that both images show a lower lip scar. In the PM picture it is quite clear, but if you look closely at the yearbook photo you can see, very faintly, a white line in the exact same position. Picture here: http://imgur.com/ywaPS9c Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but I'm pretty sure there is a faint line there. It probably would be more vivid in a higher quality, black and white. flash picture (like the PM one).

According to the Doe Network, Patricia was about 5’7’’ 120 lbs, I believe BG was reported to be around 5’6’’ (although I have read everywhere from 5’3’’ – 5’7’’ and 125-130 lbs). The coroner reported that BG might have grown up on a farm, it should be noted that Patricia grew up on a dairy farm. BG was reported to be age 18-26, in 1981 Patricia would’ve been 25-26. If this is a match, it is strange that she was alive for 9 whole years after her disappearance. However, this might explain why she was so hard to identify. Police would probably be concentrating their search around missing persons that disappeared around the time of her death. On top of that, being from Canada means that Patricia probably wouldn’t be in any databases (up until quite recently) where she would show up on searches. If she was in the US illegally (Canada has no reports of Patricia leaving the country legally- although this was the 70’s), and had been kidnapped, she probably wasn’t recognizable to a lot of people outside of the circle she was with (meaning she might not have held a regular job, had regular nearby family ties, etc). Her complexion change means she was spending a lot of time in the sun, is it possible she was being used as a drug runner, or was kidnapped for human trafficking (although I have read it is not suspected she was involved in sex trafficking, stated by the coroner)? It would explain why she was shut off to the outside world and couldn’t contact her family. It might also explain why, according to her isotope analysis, she was moving around so much.
There are some discrepancies- the moles on her face don’t seem to match (well, I think some of them do, but it’s really hard to tell). I can’t really say why, they could’ve faded over time, or maybe blended in with her complexion change. It was also reported that Patricia had a scar on her knee, and there was no report of this scar on BG. However, 9 years is a long time, and as a young person, the scar might have faded? I don’t know. I can’t say. But I think there are enough profound similarities to conclude that, if Patricia is not BG, then maybe she is her twin.
I am not the first person to make this comparison- two people have already mentioned this in a thread about BG and have contacted NAMUS and Carl (who does the composite images), and the department is ‘looking in to it’. I just thought this should be shared by the (very active) page on BG.

It’s all tragic. Awful. Whoever this girl was, she was and is loved. She still has a chance of justice. Thanks everyone for keeping her name out there.

I tried using the search feature before posting. Couldn't find reference to her. Sorry if she has been mentioned. But wondering if Rebecca Doisy was ever considered. While the case history seems way off, sounds like a very weak case and based on a witness. Thoughts? http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/doisy_rebecca.html

View attachment 100238

She does look like princess doe!!!
ed1db12912fd95eff35c075825663c88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

I posted this in Reddit, but wanted to post in on Websleuths since it seems to be more active. This is my first post here, so forgive me if I am not doing things correctly.

I have always followed the BG case, as I find it impossible to believe such a clear image of a person's face will forever go unrecognized. It's one of those things where you feel like someone HAS to recognize her, it's only a matter of time, right?
I periodically google BG to see if anyone has posted anything new, and the other day I came across a picture of Patricia Salamandyk that someone had posted on BG's facebook page and was immediately struck by the similarities in appearance. I started doing some research and found out the following (for those of you who are unfamiliar):
Apparently, Patricia went missing from her home in Spruce Grove (right outside Edmunton) in Canada in June of 1972 (she was 16 at this time). She had told her sister she was going to cut class that day and never returned home. She had not packed any of her belongings, had not had a fight, and did not seem to have a troubled home life, so it doesn’t appear to look like she ran away. No one has ever seen or heard from her again, however her family is still looking for her, and ran a news story about a year ago: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ch-help-solve-43-year-old-cold-case-1.3149569.

Since, as far as I had found, Patricia had not been ruled out, I started comparing the post-mortem picture with Patricia’s yearbook photo and started noticing some profound similarities. I tried making a composite of the two pictures, and had to step away for a little, as it’s upsetting. (Be warned, PM pictures). http://imgur.com/5zuhFw9 and here's a different level of transparency of that picture:http://imgur.com/9EbSM6e

I don’t know how common this is (and I am certainly not a forensic scientist), but all of the features match up perfectly, from the chin like to the widow’s peak. You can even see how she shaped her eyebrows from what they were before. The only thing that is off a bit is the nose, but I think that’s due to the angle. The post mortem picture was taken straight on, the yearbook photo was taken down at an angle, so that would explain the difference. The nose is still the same length/proportion.

On top of this, I believe that both images show a lower lip scar. In the PM picture it is quite clear, but if you look closely at the yearbook photo you can see, very faintly, a white line in the exact same position. Picture here: http://imgur.com/ywaPS9c Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but I'm pretty sure there is a faint line there. It probably would be more vivid in a higher quality, black and white. flash picture (like the PM one).

According to the Doe Network, Patricia was about 5’7’’ 120 lbs, I believe BG was reported to be around 5’6’’ (although I have read everywhere from 5’3’’ – 5’7’’ and 125-130 lbs). The coroner reported that BG might have grown up on a farm, it should be noted that Patricia grew up on a dairy farm. BG was reported to be age 18-26, in 1981 Patricia would’ve been 25-26. If this is a match, it is strange that she was alive for 9 whole years after her disappearance. However, this might explain why she was so hard to identify. Police would probably be concentrating their search around missing persons that disappeared around the time of her death. On top of that, being from Canada means that Patricia probably wouldn’t be in any databases (up until quite recently) where she would show up on searches. If she was in the US illegally (Canada has no reports of Patricia leaving the country legally- although this was the 70’s), and had been kidnapped, she probably wasn’t recognizable to a lot of people outside of the circle she was with (meaning she might not have held a regular job, had regular nearby family ties, etc). Her complexion change means she was spending a lot of time in the sun, is it possible she was being used as a drug runner, or was kidnapped for human trafficking (although I have read it is not suspected she was involved in sex trafficking, stated by the coroner)? It would explain why she was shut off to the outside world and couldn’t contact her family. It might also explain why, according to her isotope analysis, she was moving around so much.
There are some discrepancies- the moles on her face don’t seem to match (well, I think some of them do, but it’s really hard to tell). I can’t really say why, they could’ve faded over time, or maybe blended in with her complexion change. It was also reported that Patricia had a scar on her knee, and there was no report of this scar on BG. However, 9 years is a long time, and as a young person, the scar might have faded? I don’t know. I can’t say. But I think there are enough profound similarities to conclude that, if Patricia is not BG, then maybe she is her twin.
I am not the first person to make this comparison- two people have already mentioned this in a thread about BG and have contacted NAMUS and Carl (who does the composite images), and the department is ‘looking in to it’. I just thought this should be shared by the (very active) page on BG.

It’s all tragic. Awful. Whoever this girl was, she was and is loved. She still has a chance of justice. Thanks everyone for keeping her name out there.

Yes, Patricia's name has been bandied about on this thread for about 3 years now, if not longer. She's been reported to NamUs, recently to include the updated information recently featured on her new doe page. She's also been reported to the Miami County Sheriff's office, The Miami County Coroners office, and the RCMP. All since April or so. I also sent it in as a tip on the Miami County missing person page (or something like that). But, even before all that, someone had posted a picture of BG and a link to BG's site on one of the Canadian news sites as a comment a year ago when they reopened Patricia's case. For some reason, she's not making it past someone's "smell" test. Short of spending a fortune on calling the RCMP myself, I don't know what else to do to get answers about her being a possible match to this case.
Patricia has two sisters on FaceBook, but WS frowns upon contacting them.

Hi everyone,

Welcome to Ws annie970!
Thanks for your interest in BG and PS, if you come across any additional information concerning Patricia Salamandyk, please post in her thread as every bit helps, imo, when a family is looking for a lost loved one.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?285012-Canada-Patricia-Salamandyk-16-Spruce-Grove-Edmonton-AB-June-1972&highlight=patricia
Canada - Patricia Salamandyk, 16, Spruce Grove, Edmonton AB, June 1972

Wow to see the pictures over each other is very startling. Eerie. I think that's a pretty good match.
It would be strange for her to have lived 9 years after her disappearance but hey.. Stranger things have happened. People have been abducted and not found for years. So it could be very possible.
And it is plausible that a match was never made because of her being from Canada plus the years that went by.
I too find it very frustrating that she has not been identified with the PM pictures. Someone knows her!!!

Ah gotcha. Glad to see people are on top of this but find it strange it isn't moving forward more. Maybe there is some information that isn't being made public? It sounds like they're investigating it a bit more thoroughly now.

I saw on Facebook someone posted a link about BG on an article about Patricia, and one of the sisters had responded to someone in the comments section (a previous comment). I think it's safe to assume she saw the link to BG's, or that they're aware of it. Perhaps they know something we don't, or they're looking in to it.

I definitely would think contacting the family would be inappropriate in this situation. I know this has been a case people have been working on for years, I am sure they haven't given up on finding her. Hopefully results will be in pretty soon... any way. As you were.

4df9c6208e5f16c322e7edd61dc72b3f.jpg

Really similar!!

Eta: in response to dotr and annie970 regarding Patricia Salamandyk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member