Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if we wrote it up as a press release, so all they had to do was print it, it could be released through one of the missing advocate organizations? I wouldn't know how to go about it myself, but I know other people on WS have done it for other unidentified and missing.

Maybe I could try writing up a description of her, and a brief overview about what happened. Then, we could try to work from there?

Didn't realise that you had contacted media. How annoying that nobody responded! Yes sounds a good idea.

Quoting this...wish I knew more about Becky. I have a Classmates account so I might be able to find a photo and last name if a high school name could be found.

I tend to doubt posts like that after some run-ins I had with poseurs and imposters with the Kyron Horman and Ayla Reynolds cases (to name a few) all to get attention. Maybe it's legit, but it sounds too contrived and worded "just right" to me to be real, like bait on a hook. If no one took it, then that could be why there's no reply? If they don't get the attention they want, they move along.

I tend to doubt posts like that after some run-ins I had with poseurs and imposters with the Kyron Horman and Ayla Reynolds cases (to name a few) all to get attention. Maybe it's legit, but it sounds too contrived and worded "just right" to me to be real, like bait on a hook. If no one took it, then that could be why there's no reply? If they don't get the attention they want, they move along.

I agree. It seems unlikely that the post was genuine if the person just disappears and never posts an update.

Does anyone know if she was lying face down or face up when discovered? Sorry if that's been mentioned--I'm lame and can't find mention of it. :blushing:

I'm pretty disappointed that no there were no findable news articles online. Not many people read the newspaper nowadays, really, so I tried Googling for her using various terms. ("buckskin girl death ohio", "jane doe Miami county", "1981 jane doe ohio", etc.) and nothing from the past week or two came up. Media is important in long-term cold cases like this, of course.

I'm glad to see that the folks here at Websleuths are keeping her memory alive. Still, now I'm feeling pretty weary and bummed out about her case. I'm basically hoping for a miracle--a shiny new listing on NamUs, with a photo of her recognizable face. But oh my, it's feeling pretty unlikely right now. Ugh. The not knowing and unanswered questions as to Buckskin Girl's life and identity are so sad and frustrating for me--I can't even imagine how her family or friends feel, wondering where she went.

I'm sorry that no one answered you. It's very frustrating. I had the same thing happen when Pima AZ Jane was ID'd. I had commented on articles that were not put thru. I also emailed the author. Nothing. They finally broke the story 6+ months later.

It's hard work getting the right people to see the Does. It's why we started Never Forget Me.

I guess I missed the post by Rubies 1-21-2015. She hasn't been back since the end of January 2015. It would not surprise me if people had an idea of who she was but didn't have a last name. I believe Fugitive Minister was in contact with LE, hopefully they can turn this in.

Hey everyone! Longtime lurker, first time poster. I was born and raised in Troy and have been following Buckskin Girl since I found this site. I was talking about my co-worker casually about crime in the area and brought up BG. My co-worker said "Oh, that one girl. Becky." I told her she's still unidentified. My co worker didn't realize this, but said she used to hang out with a group of older kids in high school. One of them (I know his name but won't post it here) had a girlfriend in her early twenties with long red/brown hair she wore in braids. Her name was Becky and she was from out of state. My coworker remembered her for her matching fringe boot and jacket combo. She didn't know the girl very well but knew that she had heard she cheated on her boyfriend once. He was known for his violent temper, and years later was imprisoned for trying to kill his wife. My coworker stated both her and her boyfriend (who also ran around with this group in high school) thought it was Becky after seeing her picture. I asked her why she never went to the police and she said she ran away to Texas when she turned eighteen and didn't hear much more about the story, and she had always assumed she had since been identified. Unfortunately she couldn't remember Becky's last name but said she would think about it. I'm not sure if this helps any but I felt it was too important to ignore. (Sorry if i made any errors...typing on an iPhone is hard!)

I agree. It seems unlikely that the post was genuine if the person just disappears and never posts an update.

Or else they figured after not much response that it wasn't any use and gave up.

I looked up RUBIES87 and she joined and last posted with in a few days. doesn't sound like she was that interested in seeing the end of this case :(

I'm going to talk to my co worker again this week to see if she remembers anything else! I'll see if she wants to contact the detective, and if she doesn't I will. It's quite possible that someone else in her group of friends remembers her last name.

this was her last post #692 on 1/26/15 and last log on date of 1/30/15.

I'm pretty sure I found rubies87 on Facebook. Maybe I'll send her a message to see if she ever looked into the Becky connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She was from or spent a significant amount of time in the northeastern dry-oak forest region, which includes areas in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.
A high level of soot from vehicle traffic and/or industrial activity was also found on her clothing suggesting that she spent a significant amount of time in an urban area within the Northeastern region or possibly from hitchhiking.
Some pollen grains in excellent condition, from a more arid region in the western U.S. or northern Mexico, were found on the outer layers of her clothing, including her jeans and jacket. This suggests that the female traveled to an arid region in the western U.S. or northern Mexico shortly before she was killed.
She was from or spent a significant amount of time in the northeastern dry-oak forest region, which includes areas in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.
A high level of soot from vehicle traffic and/or industrial activity was also found on her clothing suggesting that she spent a significant amount of time in an urban area within the Northeastern region or possibly from hitchhiking.
Some pollen grains in excellent condition, from a more arid region in the western U.S. or northern Mexico, were found on the outer layers of her clothing, including her jeans and jacket. This suggests that the female traveled to an arid region in the western U.S. or northern Mexico shortly before she was killed.

These pollen testing are interesting. Pennsylvania is pretty close to Ohio; Philadelphia, maybe? That could fit in with the soot from industrial activity and it is close to OH.

Wonder if she was carrying a purse, backpack, etc. that had stuff like tweezers, toothbrush, hairbrush, maybe a bit of money. Her eyebrows just look so neat and tidy, and I can't see any little new hairs starting to grow in. If she was travelling, she would absolutely have to carry those tweezers with her to maintain her brows. Brow hairs grow in super quickly.

I'm confused on why she wasn't sexually assaulted if she was the victim of a truck stop killer, because that is very, very common. She was very pretty, and it would makes sense if she caught the eye of a sicko. If she turned down a violent truck stop killer when asked for sex, it seems more usual that he'd just rape her anyway. Maybe he bought her some dinner; they went back to the vehicle, and he asked to have sex with her. Something like "You owe me for the chicken and fries." She said no, and he got angry and hit her on the head. It was suggested on FB that the marks on her head could be from a tire iron, which could fit in with the scenario. He finished off the job by strangling her. I still feel like he'd rape her anyway, but just a thought. If she had taken her shoes off, and left her bag in the truck, then I could see why he wouldn't bother to fish them out and dump them with her body.

The part about the West pollen adds confusion. It makes it sound like it's from the Southwest. I really wonder if the jacket was her killer's, and he was a truck stop killer who wore the jacket while travelling. Or maybe she was returning from a vacation from the Southwest, and was hitching rides from the West to the Midwest and almost made it home. The jacket looks a bit big for her anyway, though it might have been to fit her chest, or to accompany clothes underneath. If the other clothing items were looser, I'd reckon it was just her style, but they are pretty form-fitting.

I just can't get over my gut feeling of her not being a hitchhiker, but maybe she was hitchhiking for the last few days of her life only.

These pollen testing are interesting. Pennsylvania is pretty close to Ohio; Philadelphia, maybe? That could fit in with the soot from industrial activity and it is close to OH.

Wonder if she was carrying a purse, backpack, etc. that had stuff like tweezers, toothbrush, hairbrush, maybe a bit of money. Her eyebrows just look so neat and tidy, and I can't see any little new hairs starting to grow in. If she was travelling, she would absolutely have to carry those tweezers with her to maintain her brows. Brow hairs grow in super quickly.

I'm confused on why she wasn't sexually assaulted if she was the victim of a truck stop killer, because that is very, very common. She was very pretty, and it would makes sense if she caught the eye of a sicko. If she turned down a violent truck stop killer when asked for sex, it seems more usual that he'd just rape her anyway. Maybe he bought her some dinner; they went back to the vehicle, and he asked to have sex with her. Something like "You owe me for the chicken and fries." She said no, and he got angry and hit her on the head. It was suggested on FB that the marks on her head could be from a tire iron, which could fit in with the scenario. He finished off the job by strangling her. I still feel like he'd rape her anyway, but just a thought. If she had taken her shoes off, and left her bag in the truck, then I could see why he wouldn't bother to fish them out and dump them with her body.

The part about the West pollen adds confusion. It makes it sound like it's from the Southwest. I really wonder if the jacket was her killer's, and he was a truck stop killer who wore the jacket while travelling. Or maybe she was returning from a vacation from the Southwest, and was hitching rides from the West to the Midwest and almost made it home. The jacket looks a bit big for her anyway, though it might have been to fit her chest, or to accompany clothes underneath. If the other clothing items were looser, I'd reckon it was just her style, but they are pretty form-fitting.

I just can't get over my gut feeling of her not being a hitchhiker, but maybe she was hitchhiking for the last few days of her life only.

Travelling wouldn't have to mean hitchhiking, necessarily. She could have been driving around to see the country with a companion who murdered her for any of the sordid reasons people murder other people.

Hm. Southwestern pollen on the outer surfaces--I wonder if that means the jacket was only recently purchased?

Travelling wouldn't have to mean hitchhiking, necessarily. She could have been driving around to see the country with a companion who murdered her for any of the sordid reasons people murder other people.

Hm. Southwestern pollen on the outer surfaces--I wonder if that means the jacket was only recently purchased?

I just realized Southwestern pollen was on the jeans as well; I didn't see that the first read. It would make sense to me if the jacket had been purchased in the Southwest.

If the jacket was her killer's, then that would mean that he travelled to the Southwest as well.

If she'd been travelling with a companion then being well cared for would make more sense. I got a little carried away with hitchhiker theories after reading that article even though I've been one of the folks screaming "it was domestic abuse!". Now, my brain has had a while to cool down lol. Packing tweezers would make sense for a road trip; I know I pack them.

The Northeast is an important clue--am going to be eyeing NamUs updates to look for a white woman, around 26, missing from the Northeast since ~1981 (after what happened with Kerry Graham and Marcia Trimble's LKA dates being off, I have learned to expect some error).

It sounds like she traveled a lot. She's got pollen on her from all over. Wow, just wow.

I missed the tweezers part. Was a pair found with her? If so, I totally missed that!

When I think industry and PA, I immediately think Pittsburgh area. The steel industry had started to decline around this time, but even today they are ranked as one of the cities with the worst air quality.

I missed the tweezers part. Was a pair found with her? If so, I totally missed that!

No, sorry, I should've been clearer! No tweezers on her. I was speculating that she was carrying tweezers before her death since her eyebrows were very recently plucked.

Thank you for clarifying!
Is there a way to tell if someone's eyebrows were plucked versus waxed? I'm not much up on that sort of thing, my sisters are both beauticians, so I would just have them do my brows, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734