Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey so I'm from OK and when I first saw her picture I immediately thought oh wow she looks like someone from here. Mainly how she was dressed. Then I started looking...

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12468/103/
d9e94e5a8a1e5e89b5cfd7f2c5c8194a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Justice for Susan Winters.

Her name is listed on the list of ruleouts on BG's page on NAMUS. [Hit the below link, on 'Case Information' page you can see the grid of ruleouts. Hit 'Show All Exclusions' and scroll down to see her name [alphabetical by last name.]:

https://identifyus.org/cases/4790

I'm wondering if it is possible BG could have been as young as 12 or 13. There is a case that just bugs the crap out of me and it's the disappearance of Mary Louise Day missing since 1980. A 12 year old that who poofs and all her parents have to say is she disappeared sometime in the spring. I mean really? What the hell? Some parents. I'm inclined to think they sold her or gave her to someone. I don't think she looks like BG but the picture in NAMUS could have been when she was 8 just wearing to much make up. She was like 5'8 at 12. (??) Odd but this whole scenario is odd.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/day_mary.html

I thought Mary Day was a better match for WCJD, but the NamUs rep said she was ruled out. The date she went missing is a little sketchy - it was either spring of 1980 or July 1981, or there about.

Something just doesn't seem right with Mary Day's case. There's so little information and an unclear date, and the general consensus from other boards is that the agency that's supposed to be investigating her case isn't very forthcoming on information.

Something just doesn't seem right with Mary Day's case. There's so little information and an unclear date, and the general consensus from other boards is that the agency that's supposed to be investigating her case isn't very forthcoming on information.

I will submit her. It won't hurt anything. Hopefully she wandered away to a happy healthy life with someone who'd notice she was gone.

Here's the ugly truth.

1) Unwanted kids. Literally. My half-brother was signed over to be a ward of the state (he was a sociopathic delinquent.) I've taken in a couple teenagers that were either orphaned or were too lazy/un-useful to their birth families & thus kicked out. These young people often bum around for a while until they find a place to thrive, OR they meet with foul play & become a UID.

2) Familial estrangement. Ranging from extreme abuse to financial abuse, some people react by cutting themselves off from blood relations. Leaving no one to ID someone if they literally have no one to contact.

3) Domestic abuse. The dynamic of domestic abuse is to make the Abuser an effective "God" to the victim. This extends to concealing death, or attempting to...leading to a UID

4) Mental illness. For many sufferers, being around other people can trigger incredibly painful feelings and ideas. Isolation is often a survival move. Unfortunately, this leads to vunerability.

Life is harsh and humans are fragile & fallible.

I have just in the last 2 months found websleuths through a much more recent missing person but I thought to look up BG on here.

I live in the Dayton OH area and this poor girl from the day she was found has had a place in my heart. I too am struck by the number of unidentified. But I also lived in Boulder CO during the late 1960s and early 1970s during the heyday of the street people and hippie population there. Boulder was a crossroads for everything and everybodyof that persuasion. It also attracted tons of young runaways and the marginalized and disenfranchised.

The point I guess is when I saw her clothing it was very reminiscent of the.popular street wear of that counterculture. Buckskin and fringed leather was used by almost everybody in clothing and all kinds of accessories. It would have held over into the 1980s for those people and other younger people later attracted to that particular culture.
So it doesn't necessarily have to be associated with western wear such as rodeo. I read the pollen analysis from last year suggesting possibly from northeast but outer clothing had pollen from the southwest or northern Mexico. And the possibility she hitchhiked west and was returning home was mentioned. That also reminds me of the hippie culture. People hitchhiked everywhere both locally and across country.

Kimberly Cozart?

I entered Kim in NamUs. She and her mother are missing, they think the cases are connected but I don't have details.

I looked at Kim's NamUs the other day, saw she had DNA, so checked her mothers profile to see if they added it for her; they had not. Her daughter, Kim's sister was supposed to give the sample. I emailed Dustin to let him know, apparently it's fixed now, they both have DNA

Kimberly Cozart NamUs MP # 29117 DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete
JOYCE HARPER NamUs MP # 18020 DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete

Definitely. She could have been neatly rolled in a blanket or tarp, then unfurled/thrown out of a cab.....with the killer taking off with the blanket or tarp to be disposed of at the next stop.

Are there any OK/TX rodeo people on here? Could someone do up a Facebook forward of Buckskin Girl titled "Bring This Cowgirl Home"....? I don't have Photoshop or graphic design skills.

edit to add- hate to say it but if she was done in by a relative (Creepy Uncle or Speed Freak Cousin Teddy) that may be the reason for the long silence & no one coming forward. Some cultures in the Southwest have a "no snitching" code that can extend to protecting the Black Sheep of the family. I don't want to sound bigoted or rude. Maybe Buckskin Girl is a literal skeleton in the family closet.

BG has been on FB since 2014 when she was one of the 1st Doe's I added to my page. Rainwater also made a FB page for her Who Was Buckskin Girl?

Does anyone else ever wonder how it is possible for their to be so many UD's? It bothers and baffles me. I know the topic will open up conspiracy theories galore, but I really would like to see people micro-chipped.

With 50 states it's easy to have a lot of Does. I think BG is a domestic violence victim.

The pollen from the jacket indicated the southwest, but the isotopes in her hair linked her to the north-central Texas / Southern Oklahoma area. The analysis revealed that she spent at least four months in that region prior to her death.

I would think that if she was on the back of a motorcycle, she would have more road soot on the below-the-knee portion of her pants than on the upper portion, and more on the inside half of the legs than the outside. Also, it would be very difficult to transport a dead body on the back of a motorcycle. The evidence (livor mortis) indicated that she had been transported to the scene after her death, and if she had been sitting upright and deceased, the pooling of blood in the lowest portions of the body would have been consistent with that position.

If she was a passenger the soot would more so be on the jacket then the pants because her legs are behind the riders. Some girls hug the guy, then sit up, so more would be on the front upper portion from being exposed. It's no secret I think she hung with bikers, I don't think she was dumped there on one unless the person had a side car. Her BF was most likely local, had a car.

I live in the Dayton OH area and this poor girl from the day she was found has had a place in my heart. I too am struck by the number of unidentified. But I also lived in Boulder CO during the late 1960s and early 1970s during the heyday of the street people and hippie population there. Boulder was a crossroads for everything and everybodyof that persuasion. It also attracted tons of young runaways and the marginalized and disenfranchised.

The point I guess is when I saw her clothing it was very reminiscent of the.popular street wear of that counterculture. Buckskin and fringed leather was used by almost everybody in clothing and all kinds of accessories. It would have held over into the 1980s for those people and other younger people later attracted to that particular culture.

It's true about Boulder Colorado- even now & in recent decades it's a magnet for "hippie" "free spirit" types. The city has a lot of the advantages of letting young people live in a clean pure environment without the price tag or hassles of other regions.

Another thought I had is BG might have dressed that way to "match" a casual boyfriend. If "funky" fashion was a common trait in her social group, she would have stuck with it. Young adults will often "scope out" or ID unfamiliar peers by assessing their friends & acquaintances.

BG has been on FB since 2014 when she was one of the 1st Doe's I added to my page. Rainwater also made a FB page for her Who Was Buckskin Girl?

I made the page, haha :) and I love NFM's BG album.

With 50 states it's easy to have a lot of Does. I think BG is a domestic violence victim.

I agree that she is a DV victim. I wonder why there's so few Does outside of the US, or if it just seems that way because Websleuths and Doe Network people are mostly Americans.

Just IMO but I think different countries handle some "missing persons/unclaimed remains" differently. I know my stepbrother's best friend was unclaimed in the morgue in Mexico because no one came to claim his body. (Stepbrother IDed him for the Coroner.)

Might just also be the US has better filing & reporting of unclaimed remains b/c our system has enough tax revenue to fund these things.

I guess an expert opinion on all this would be better.

I made the page, haha :) and I love NFM's BG album.

I agree that she is a DV victim. I wonder why there's so few Does outside of the US, or if it just seems that way because Websleuths and Doe Network people are mostly Americans.

Yes you did! I don't know why I called you my friend rainwater who I know your not lol

I don't think other countries care as much as we do here. Look at the one in Australia called Somerton man that people are trying to get exhumed to run tests on but the government won't allow it because they do not think it's important to find out his name. Some how they did DNA for genealogy but need a newer sample from his remains.

After years of forensic investigation, Somerton Man's identity remains a mystery

Yes you did! I don't know why I called you my friend rainwater who I know your not lol

I don't think other countries care as much as we do here. Look at the one in Australia called Somerton man that people are trying to get exhumed to run tests on but the government won't allow it because they do not think it's important to find out his name. Some how they did DNA for genealogy but need a newer sample from his remains.

After years of forensic investigation, Somerton Man's identity remains a mystery

I don't think America just cares more, its because you are a bigger country that is separated into different states. Therefore, its easier for a Doe's relatives to be unaware that they have been found deceased and therefore you have more Does. Thats all it is.

In the UK, we mostly identify people quite quickly because we are a smaller country and therefore news is more likely to reach a large proportion of the population. There are a few exceptions like the recently identified 'Neil Dovestone' though. We also have much less of a backlog for DNA testing, so we can get matches made very quickly.

As far as Somerton Man goes, I believe that the Australian police force has had budget cuts to contend with in recent years. Sadly, more recent crimes/victims will always be prioritised and there may be no money left over to do anything on the Somerton Man case. Its sad, but its also understandable.

Australia's population is 25 million give or take a few ;) but the land mass area is not that much smaller than the USA main.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Australia-or-the-United-states-bigger-in-geographical-size
The USA has a land area of almost 10 million square kilometres. Australia's land area almost 7.7 million.
The 48 contiguous states if the US, which excludes Alaska and Hawaii is just slightly over 8 million square km.
So the US and Australia are very similar in area.

In December of 2016 Australia has just announced that they are finally getting their DNA Database for the Missing and UID up and running.
It wont be a public database as such, but its good to see it coming together.
There are 500 sets of human remains that are UID presently (as article states below) - so the numbers that are unidentified are considerably less than the USA,(proportional to population)

Australia's first database of unidentified human remains seeks to identify 'needle in haystack'

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-...ple-unidentified-remains/8107104?sf45995848=1
Authorities are creating the nation's first database of unidentified bodies, revealing there are 500 sets of human remains currently languishing in morgues and laboratories.
The computer database has been created by the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission in conjunction with the Australian Federal Police (AFP).

Australia's population is 25 million give or take a few ;) but the land mass area is not that much smaller than the USA main.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Australia-or-the-United-states-bigger-in-geographical-size
The USA has a land area of almost 10 million square kilometres. Australia's land area almost 7.7 million.
The 48 contiguous states if the US, which excludes Alaska and Hawaii is just slightly over 8 million square km.
So the US and Australia are very similar in area.

In December of 2016 Australia has just announced that they are finally getting their DNA Database for the Missing and UID up and running.
It wont be a public database as such, but its good to see it coming together.
There are 500 sets of human remains that are UID presently (as article states below) - so the numbers that are unidentified are considerably less than the USA,(proportional to population)

Australia's first database of unidentified human remains seeks to identify 'needle in haystack'

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-...ple-unidentified-remains/8107104?sf45995848=1
Authorities are creating the nation's first database of unidentified bodies, revealing there are 500 sets of human remains currently languishing in morgues and laboratories.
The computer database has been created by the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission in conjunction with the Australian Federal Police (AFP).

Yes, the UK population is over 60 million, but we are a much smaller island. Its much more difficult to remain unidentified here!! The Does we do have are mostly suspected migrants.

It must be far more difficult to communicate to a much more spread out population in Australia, but clearly the authorities there are taking steps to pull information together. I hope it helps people to get sent home to their families

Has Yvonne Regular been looked at? I was just reading on another thread and saw her picture. Missing since 1977 from Fairview Park, Ohio. IDK?

Sallie Reed 1976 Louisianareed_sallie2.jpgimg_10788.jpeg

Missing Since: February 19, 1976 from Thibodaux, Lafourche County, Louisiana
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: October 19, 1953
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 110 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White
Case Number: G115096
http://www.nampn.org/cases/reed_sallie.html

It is pretty certain that she is not someone on any of the main current missing person's lists (such as Charley Project, etc.) Her case has many more rule-outs than most, and there are also high quality post-mortem photos to compare to.

She isn't Yvonne Regler. Yvonne's listed height is 5'10".

I don't understand why people think she is DV victim. Please elaborate so I can understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay