Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm new to this thread and I looked through missing persons databases myself and found some MPs I'd like to share with you, but first I wanted to ask if there's a list somewhere of missing persons that have already been ruled out (officially and by other WS members) that I can compare my findings to?
Hi LeenC and welcome to Websleuths :) There is a really long rule-out list on Buckskin Girl's NamUs page. Here's the link
https://identifyus.org/cases/4790

Hi LeenC and welcome to Websleuths :) There is a really long rule-out list on Buckskin Girl's NamUs page. Here's the link
https://identifyus.org/cases/4790

Thank you :) It saddens me to see how many girls have been ruled out already. Though at the same time, I'm glad to see people are actively trying to find out who she was and bring her back home.
Going through MPs I thought resembled her and cross-checking them with the girls that have been already ruled out, left me with one girl whom I feel strongly about. I don't know if anyone has mentioned her yet but I think Kimberly Cozart bears a striking resemblance to our Jane Doe. She went missing in San Diego, California, in February 1977 when she was 14. The circumstances surrounding her disappearance are vague and bizarre at best. Her mother disappeared 2 years before she went missing, and it wasn't until December 15th 1995 that her sister reported them both missing. The location is way off but a lot can happen within a 3 year time span.

Kimberly's NamUs profile - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/29117/118
Kimberly on The Charley Project - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cozart_kimberly.html

95087102-1a.jpg

it's a strange case. do you have a link to her mother's case?
also she looks very similar.
although her and her mother could of met up and she could of decided to go with the mother... it annoys me families leave things soooooooow long before reporting these things

Links to the mother's case: The Charley Project and NamUs - not that there's a lot of information.

I think a lot of things could have happened. For one, I'd love to know who the other parent/care-taker was. Maybe it was a domestic issue and the other daughter never dared to speak about it until 1995, but then you'd think she has suspicions which might lead the police towards the perpetrator (unless of course he has died since). The second possibility is, as you already mentioned, that the mother left but came back for her daughter. But why just take one and not the other? A third possibility is that the disappearances are unrelated and she left on her own accord. Maybe she wanted to go look for her mother or just wanted to get away from the same things her mother ran away from. I'd love to have more information on this case.

(It reminds me of that other unsolved case, where the mom disappeared and later the eldest daughter disappeared as well from a bus stop where the dad found a note written by her saying "Dad, mom came back. Tell the boys I love them." or something similar.)

In any case, I think the resemblance is definitely there.

I know many years have passed until her sister reported her and their mother missing, but I'm glad she did it. Better late than never. At least there is someone who loves and misses them. I hope Buckskin Girl was loved by someone too and I hope someone somewhere is still wondering what happened to their daughter/sister/cousin/friend.

Feel like I haven't been on here in forever. Need to update the Fb page.

Kim Cozart has been discussed on here before as a possible for BG. I'm sure she's been submitted already.

Has anybody considered Judy Martins? I know it's a bit of a stretch considering the time from which she disappeared, but I think there is a possibility.
background:
Judy Martins was missing in 1978 from Kent State Campus in Kent Ohio.
She was 22 at the time, putting her at 26 at the time of BG's death.
which I understand is about the maximum estimated age gap.
Her presumed killer, William Posey, says he dumped her body along a highway, but he does not give an estimate for when he did kill her. BG was found in ditch along a road/highway.
Kent is roughly a 3 1/2 drive to Newton.
she has many similar physical characteristics to BG, and I do think thta it should be checked out.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1595.JPG
    IMG_1595.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_1597.jpg
    IMG_1597.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_1596.JPG
    IMG_1596.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 346
Judy is on the ruleouts list.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

No it was my fault I see it now, woops I swear I read that list over like 5 times; thank you. :)

That is a very good assumption though October, good likeness and similar circumstances enough to make any of us excited....good sleuthing!

Hi guys,

Like alleykins, I've been hawking this case for a while and still have a strong feeling Patricia salamandyk is BG. I had super imposed their images on top of each other and found a scar on their upper lip that matched, as well. I'm confused.. when I go to the NAMUS page linked for BG, I don't see Patricia's name on the ruleout list- am I just clicking in the wrong place?

Apologies

Oops nevermind I found her name!!

I'm still blown away. They just seem to match so well. In particular the scar is what haunts me.

I agree as well. She looks just like her. And her sister has that same nose...button from front view...but longer from the side. I am not sure how DNA is tested and if there are errors, but she is someone I would like to see run again. Off topic...But...What I always think of the idea that 40-70 plus years ago, adoptions was sealed and closed. many, many people were adopted without anyone ever knowing. And secrets died with moms and dads. Not that this is the case, but...

Hi guys,

Like alleykins, I've been hawking this case for a while and still have a strong feeling Patricia salamandyk is BG. I had super imposed their images on top of each other and found a scar on their upper lip that matched, as well. I'm confused.. when I go to the NAMUS page linked for BG, I don't see Patricia's name on the ruleout list- am I just clicking in the wrong place?

Apologies

Oops nevermind I found her name!!

I'm still blown away. They just seem to match so well. In particular the scar is what haunts me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487