Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the DNA grant gone things are done differently. Im seeing private labs doing testing to compare 2 samples. It's really hard to say what they did. I really dislike them saying it's confidential.

Are the grants gone again? Because they restored funding a couple of months ago.
I'm hoping they ran hers through CODIS while they had it.

Peggy Reed was just posted on Charley Project. The similarity to Carl's reconstructions is striking. The time lapse is a little troubling but nothing that can't be explained by someone running away.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/reed_peggy.html

Dogma, do you know if anyone has submitted this? I don't believe she is in NamUs.
I have the address for the detective if you want, I can PM you, he may not reply but he will read the email. Or, I can do it if you want. (If you haven't already)
Time between disappearance and discovery is not a deal breaker for me, so I would do it.
The only thing off for me is the height, but those can be off.
Here's the original source for Peggy

Long-time researcher for Buckskin Girl's case here, and seeing Peggy's profile added to Charley Project brought me here. My only hesitation is the discrepancy between Peggy's open-mouthed smiling photo and BG's dental records. In the large photos from the profile Alleykins posted, it's more apparent that Peggy had a "short tooth" in her upper-right jaw (left when you're looking at her), i.e. it doesn't meet her lower teeth the way the corresponding tooth on the left does.

With BG's NamUs profile as detailed as it is, you'd think this would be noted in her dental charts. I still think this should be looked into ASAP, though.

Dogma, do you know if anyone has submitted this? I don't believe she is in NamUs.
I have the address for the detective if you want, I can PM you, he may not reply but he will read the email. Or, I can do it if you want. (If you haven't already)
Time between disappearance and discovery is not a deal breaker for me, so I would do it.
Things are off- like height, but the face is interesting, imo.
From link.
Peggy Reed.
Peggy-Reed-103337.JPG

Peggy-Reed-103337_0.JPG

The face is interesting, the height was really my only sticking point. I will email it to the detective for dogma, just to see what shakes out.
If someone would please start a thread for Peggy, if they haven't already? If you start it, I will add the links & pictures I have if you need me to. I'm terrible at creating threads and end up putting it in the wrong place and creating a bad title.

I happened to notice on the original source website for Peggy Reed that it said Peggy had a birthmark on her neck.

Original Source:

https://oag.ca.gov/missing/person/peggy-ann-reed

Does BG have any kind of birthmark anywhere on her body?

I don't think LE ever mentioned BG having a birthmark on her body.

The face is interesting, the height was really my only sticking point. I will email it to the detective for dogma, just to see what shakes out.
If someone would please start a thread for Peggy, if they haven't already? If you start it, I will add the links & pictures I have if you need me to. I'm terrible at creating threads and end up putting it in the wrong place and creating a bad title.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?359099-Peggy-Ann-Reed-15-Sonoma-County-California-28-March-1974&p=13808419#post13808419
[h=2]Peggy Ann Reed, 15, Sonoma County, California, 28 March 1974[/h]

Are the grants gone again? Because they restored funding a couple of months ago.

Alley and Rose....is there a websleuths thread on PatriciaS?? Not sure I've seen one. Also could DNA comparison ever be wrong in any cases you know of on here.

Alley and Rose....is there a websleuths thread on PatriciaS?? Not sure I've seen one. Also could DNA comparison ever be wrong in any cases you know of on here.

I haven't seen one, but I seem to recall Rose may have an example, iirc.
My only concern would be specific to this case, in that the US was working with Canada and I think we may have different standards/protocols. As long as investigators are confident with the results and they were compatible/comparable samples, I can accept the outcome.
I'm just so glad that PS was finally considered and ruled out by DNA instead of being overlooked and dismissed based on circumstances.

If you're sure its been restored then you could be right. I haven't been online much

Ok this is Georgia Geer. A missing girl from Texas. Her body identified in 81. Could there have been a mistake in the identification? I ask because of the resemblance to BG and if I'm not mistaken that little girl has a scar on her chin as well. Georgia was one in the killing Fields. I mean stranger things have happened. 110818064_137238658281.jpg

Ok this is Georgia Geer. A missing girl from Texas. Her body identified in 81. Could there have been a mistake in the identification? I ask because of the resemblance to BG and if I'm not mistaken that little girl has a scar on her chin as well. Georgia was one in the killing Fields. I mean stranger things have happened.
attachment.php

Hm. I do sit a bit of a resemblance and the TX connection is interesting, since BG's isotopes put her there in the last year or so of her life.

OT: Here is a link about Georgia & her friend, Brooks Bracewell's, disappearance. Very sad. LE didn't start investigating it until two months later because they were convinced Georgia talked her younger friend into running away. Then when their remains were discovered, they were unidentified for a little bit, even though they were found less than 10 miles away because they were found in a different county. So, so sad.
Link

OT: Here is a link about Georgia & her friend, Brooks Bracewell's, disappearance. Very sad. LE didn't start investigating it until two months later because they were convinced Georgia talked her younger friend into running away. Then when their remains were discovered, they were unidentified for a little bit, even though they were found less than 10 miles away because they were found in a different county. So, so sad.
Link

And the article technically only states that Brooks's bones and clothing were discovered ... I don't have any time to really look further into it, but ..hmm

I wonder how they were identified and if there was a chance of mistaken identity? Like I said before stranger things.. I do wonder if that is a scar under her lip or if it's just a blur in the photo or my old eyes🤔😂

On 6/23/2009 Stellameredith posted on here (page2 I think) that there was a horizontal scar on the chin. Does that help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MisstressNifer