Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Stubs" suggests to me that either his arms had been amputated above the elbows or (just possibly) something like Thalidomide. Thalidomide wasn't used in the US in the way it was in the UK but it was used in Canada. Thalidomide-affected babies were born between about 1957 and 1961, so they would have been aged 20-24 at the time of BG's murder. I wonder how old the man with "stubs" was.

For obvious reasons I wouldn't see him as a suspect.

Thalidomide is reported to have been used in the US and covered up by drug company manufacturers and doctors. There are reports of a doctor in Texas using it. Babies were born with these types of deformities and more severe ones in which babies died. Deformities were attributed to something else as reports were emerging in Europe implicating Thalidomide. You can find information on this by googling.

Wonder if reported sightings were ruled out or not. Many times it turns out not to be the person.
Would it be noted and public knowledge if investigators thought sighting was credible or even "possibly seen at..."? That would only help generate more leads. Wouldn't be sensitive info known only be her killer.

Wonder if reported sightings were ruled out or not. Many times it turns out not to be the person.
Would it be noted and public knowledge if investigators thought sighting was credible or even "possibly seen at..."? That would only help generate more leads. Wouldn't be sensitive info known only be her killer.

Right that's what I'm wondering... I'm more apt to believe the one where she was spotted at Maggie's, since it was on the day she died (so she'd possibly be wearing what she was found in), twenty minutes away from where her body was.

I do believe police have come out and said there were reports of her seen at a local bar but the tips didn't go any where.

I think it's all worth looking in to given that we just don't have any more information right now. It's such an old case any tip or piece of information we could find could possibly direct us somewhere..

Right that's what I'm wondering... I'm more apt to believe the one where she was spotted at Maggie's, since it was on the day she died (so she'd possibly be wearing what she was found in), twenty minutes away from where her body was.

I do believe police have come out and said there were reports of her seen at a local bar but the tips didn't go any where.

I think it's all worth looking in to given that we just don't have any more information right now. It's such an old case any tip or piece of information we could find could possibly direct us somewhere..

Yes, in one of the newer articles I believe it said she was at a local bar, I think they said her name was Becky. I'd have to find the article. It was the one that said she had a lacerated liver

Now that I'm awake, I think someone local posted the name Becky here.

Yes, I found those posts when I did a search of the thread, looking for Becky. After skimming through the posts, I don't believe there was any follow up on the lead.

Yes, I found those posts when I did a search of the thread, looking for Becky. After skimming through the posts, I don't believe there was any follow up on the lead.

Thanks Alley. Normally I search the thread but I've been on my tablet where I don't have the option. I keep forgetting to load the full site to see if I have it.

No worries, I was curious. I didn't recall the lacerated liver or Becky, and needed a refresh :)

I've just gotten all caught up. I am so unbelievably touched and excited that her case will be taken on by the DNA Doe Project!

The possibility of her being the caretaker for the man with the stub arms is very interesting imo.

The other possible sighting is very interesting too, especially considering it was the day before her murder. It's pretty detailed.

No worries, I was curious. I didn't recall the lacerated liver or Becky, and needed a refresh :)

I was just reading up on liver lacerations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver_injury

It seems that unless severe they usually do not need surgical intervention and heal themselves with nursing support. Do we know how severe the liver laceration was?

It's possible that she was beaten up in a domestic altercation without her partner intending to kill her. She's beaten up, feels pretty ropey and goes to lie down or sleep in the back of the vehicle and dies there of her injuries. Her assailant panics and dumps her body by the side of a rural road and drives on.

It seems that unless severe they usually do not need surgical intervention and heal themselves with nursing support. Do we know how severe the liver laceration was?

It's possible that she was beaten up in a domestic altercation without her partner intending to kill her. She's beaten up, feels pretty ropey and goes to lie down or sleep in the back of the vehicle and dies there of her injuries. Her assailant panics and dumps her body by the side of a rural road and drives on.

I don't believe she died from those injuries, but from strangulation.

this really seems like a domestic murder. She took a savage beating and then was strangled. Poor girl :(

OK - ignore my previous post :shame:

It'd still be interesting to know how severe the liver injury was and whether it would have been survivable but for the strangulation.

OK - ignore my previous post :shame:

It'd still be interesting to know how severe the liver injury was and whether it would have been survivable but for the strangulation.

You bring up a good point about the injuries. :)

this really seems like a domestic murder. She took a savage beating and then was strangled. Poor girl :(

Yeah, that kind of overkill and those kinds of injuries are often associated with domestic murder.

Maybe he bashed her head in and she went to lie down, then he freaks out thinking she's dead and strangles her just to be sure she's dead?

I wonder if this took place in a hotel room, since she wasn't wearing shoes and wasn't local. Maybe she was a truck driver or had a truck driver boyfriend and traveled with him, so she spent long periods of time in the truck without shoes. I still don't think she was hitchhiking or on a random truck, and I do believe it was domestic violence.

Maybe he bashed her head in and she went to lie down, then he freaks out thinking she's dead and strangles her just to be sure she's dead?

I wonder if this took place in a hotel room, since she wasn't wearing shoes and wasn't local. Maybe she was a truck driver or had a truck driver boyfriend and traveled with him, so she spent long periods of time in the truck without shoes. I still don't think she was hitchhiking or on a random truck, and I do believe it was domestic violence.

I agree this was someone who knew her and she wasn't a hitchhiker

Agreed. Lack of sexual assault too.

If she was spotted at a nearby bar that evening, couldve involved alcohol (no toxicology info right?)/jealousy, or a million other things. Wonder if any one from the bar has any knowledge passed down..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member