Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems Marcia's dad died just a couple of months ago. He wasn't even that old (77 apparently).

I looked at books from 75 to 79 just in case. I don't think she'd be in any later than that if she was 22?

Classmates only had '71 and then none until '91. :(

Remember, TS said she likely went to [Home Area], not [Home Town].

(I looked at [home town] HS too, just to be sure!)

It seems Marcia's dad died just a couple of months ago. He wasn't even that old (77 apparently).
Marcia‘s brother D—- has also died according to her father‘s obituary. Couldn‘t find any further information about him.

I believe that the half-brother is in fact her half-brother. He posted to his own Facebook page about it as well.I can't believe that she's finally been identified. I wonder if she was ever reported missing? I've combed through missing persons and can't find any for Marcia K----.

RIP Marcia K.

Did the DNA Doe Project find this match? It's probably not a coincidence that the match has turned up juuuust now that they've plugged Buckskin Girl into Gedmatch or whatever.

I believe that the half-brother is in fact her half-brother. He posted to his own Facebook page about it as well.I can't believe that she's finally been identified. I wonder if she was ever reported missing? I've combed through missing persons and can't find any for Marcia K----
Yup, seems legit. Her half-sister posted it on Saturday as well.

BTW: Someone on FB posted possible College matches for her.

RIP Marcia K.

Did the DNA Doe Project find this match? It's probably not a coincidence that the match has turned up juuuust now that they've plugged Buckskin Girl into Gedmatch or whatever.

I'm pretty sure that they found the match, which led to her being identified. The half-brother said that her mother was contacted last Friday, I believe.

I believe it too.

I'm not sure how this match came about, but he said that Marcia's mom found out on Friday.

Looks like our girl is finally going home. Godspeed Marcia. :rose:

I'm pretty sure that they found the match, which led to her being identified. The half-brother said that her mother was contacted last Friday, I believe.

Yeah, DNA Doe Project posted earlier Thursday she would be fully processed on GEDmatch later that day, and "hopefully they'd find some cousins, near or far." (something like that.)

The family found out Friday. She had been identified by DNA through a cousin on her mother's side.

So teary-eyed...!

Rest in eternal peace Marcia.

eta:
https://www.facebook.com/DNADoeProject/
https://www.facebook.com/WhoWasBuckskinGirl/posts_to_page/

Gardiner
I don't think [home state] was part of the isotope (or pollen, for that matter) area, but I'm thinking had they used teeth & bone instead of hair and nails, it probably would have.

Can I just tell you how impressed I am by the dedicated people who never gave up hope that Buckskin Girl would finally get her identity back. You all are such an inspiration! God Bless you all!
RIP dear Marcia...

Everyone remember, this is a tentative ID. Although TS has claimed there has been a DNA match, no official DNA match has been made. So everyone tread with caution, as we have been fooled before.

Not saying these claims aren't legitimate, just that they have not been confirmed by Namus, law enforcement, or any other official sources. That process could take months.

Everyone remember, this is a tentative ID. Although TS has claimed there has been a DNA match, no official DNA match has been made. So everyone tread with caution, as we have been fooled before.

Not saying these claims aren't legitimate, just that they have not been confirmed by Namus, law enforcement, or any other official sources. That process could take months.

Agreed. We have been wrong many, many times before. I think we should run under the assumption of "there was no ID" until we are later informed that there was through LEOs.

I am of course cautious, but I’m very optimistic about this. I really REALLY hope this is true. She was the first UID I ever learned about. This would be amazing if it’s true.

Gardiner
I don't think [home state] was part of the isotope (or pollen, for that matter) area, but I'm thinking had they used teeth & bone instead of hair and nails, it probably would have.

Right wouldn't the isotopes make sense? I could very well see her easily making her way to the Texarkana area, that's not outrageously far by any means

My heart goes out to her family, if she really is MK and her real brother is posting... it is shocking to them. let's remember that while we may rejoice that she has her name back, they have lost their daughter and sister <3

I saw the Facebook posts from the man and woman who claim to be her half-siblings. I cried tears of joy, as I feared that the amount of time that passed had erased those who knew her in life. Their statements sound credible and all we need now is Law Enforcement to confirm this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member