Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the same way. There's also the obituary... it's clear the family really does have a missing sibling. I'm willing to accept this as an "unofficial match". I also think DDP would have posted something if there was a hoax going on - I saw them lurking on this thread today.

I am in awe of all of you on this thread, for your hours of dedication searching, posting, googling, researching, everything you've done for this girl. Thank you to all of you, and I truly hope this is an answer for us all who have been hoping for her identity. Thank you to those of you who have responded to my comments and questions. Let's all wait, and keep our fingers crossed, for the outcome. I agree with Alley as patience is no virtue here, give us the answer. I really would like to see her picture, and know her name. I truly hope, thanks all.

I must have missed the worst comments, but I could tell by the way they were being interrogated, things weren't going to end well.

I don't blame them at all for posting about her. They noticed so many people cared about her and I think they wanted to give us some closure. But of course, some people just couldn't let it be.

I agree with what you wrote. I can't imagine what the family must be going through now and some people are only making it worse. They think they are anonymous and that they can say whatever they want and it brings out the worst in them.

Even if Buckskin Girl's family decides not to share any more information and no photos in the future, I'm glad there were people who loved and missed her. BG wasn't alone in this world and that makes me happy.

It would be interesting to know how long after she left [home area] she turned up in Troy OH
[home area] is on I-70 and the I-70 / I-75 interchange is just a bit south of Troy OH. This is a major crossroads in the trucking industry. Kind of supports idea of a truck driver killing her. Or it could have been where she was dropped off before finding next ride. Could have met a local who did this also. The isotope test though suggests Oklahoma or Dallas/fort worth which is about 500 miles from [home area]. Does [home area] perhaps have same isotopes or did she go south first for a few months.

Hair & nail isotope results put her out of the [home area] area completely, so she had to be away from there for as long as it took for her hair to grow out and be cut off, eliminating that region. It appears she didn't go from [home area] directly to OH. My guess is that she'd been gone from that region for a year, year and a half, but that time frame depends on how fast her hair grew.

If they had done bone and teeth isotope, it probably would have included her "home" area. From what I can tell, local media to [home area] didn't pick up her isotope and pollen press releases because they weren't included in those results: it didn't pertain to their region. It may have been a whole different story had it been bone and teeth.

Here is a really cool article, kind of technical, but if you scroll to the end, you'll see maps showing how distinct water isotopes are. The NW TX/S OK isotopes are some of the most distinct in the country, so there's no mistaking she spent some time there, and little chance it could be mistaken for [home area], or "overlapped" with them.
http://wateriso.utah.edu/waterisotopes/media/PDFs/061025_WRR_nocodes.pdf

I keep wondering why she made the journey from Texas/the SW to the NE and back several times during her final months. That doesn't sound like a random peregrination, more that there was some reason behind that particular route. If so, does that make it more or less likely that she was travelling with a particular individual with whom she might have had a massive falling out at the end?

It's possible her family did live in Texas at time of disappearance looking at possibilities of who her father was and where father was employed at the time. Maybe her mother is or was in KY. That is where they were after marrying out of high school. Why was she north of any of those places? Perhaps she met someone on the road to travel with.

Wow - A lot of catching up to do here! I am so happy that she may have finally been given her name back and horrified that potential family members are being harassed. I hope there is an official announcement sooner rather than later and that in includes some information along with a note that this is all that the public is entitled to and to please leave any surviving family and friends alone!!!

Wow - A lot of catching up to do here! I am so happy that she may have finally been given her name back and horrified that potential family members are being harassed. I hope there is an official announcement sooner rather than later and that in includes some information along with a note that this is all that the public is entitled to and to please leave any surviving family and friends alone!!!

I’m doubtful for an announcement. That family doesn’t owe anybody anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think confirming her identity is the best chance of solving her murder - so I think LE will do this once it’s been made official. When you have a face and a name, people might be more likely to remember something. It may be possible for people to come forward - people she associated with, people she worked for. They just may not have recognized her based on photos alone. If she wasn’t killed by some random trucker, someone may know the people she spent time with.

Won't we know if she's taken down off of Namus?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Just an FYI: the family asks that locations, as well as names, not be mentioned.

Probable close relatives are still in Texas. I'm thinking probably she was travelling between father and mothers if mother was in KY in that year prior to her death. But for some reason she was north of there. It's good there are still living relatives on both sides of family who were adults at time of disappearance and looking like they had contact shortly before that disappearance.

Hair & nail isotope results put her out of the (redacted) area completely, so she had to be away from there for as long as it took for her hair to grow out and be cut off, eliminating that region. It appears she didn't go from (redacted place) directly to OH. My guess is that she'd been gone from that region for a year, year and a half, but that time frame depends on how fast her hair grew.

If they had done bone and teeth isotope, it probably would have included her "home" area. From what I can tell, local media to (redacted places) didn't pick up her isotope and pollen press releases because they weren't included in those results: it didn't pertain to their region. It may have been a whole different story had it been bone and teeth.

Here is a really cool article, kind of technical, but if you scroll to the end, you'll see maps showing how distinct water isotopes are. The NW TX/S OK isotopes are some of the most distinct in the country, so there's no mistaking she spent some time there, and little chance it could be mistaken for (redacted states), or "overlapped" with them.
http://wateriso.utah.edu/waterisotopes/media/PDFs/061025_WRR_nocodes.pdf

Thank you Alleykins, I was looking for this info earlier. If BG was living in TX/OK and only visited someplace else for a week or two, a couple years before she died, would that week visit show up in her isotopes too? I'm wondering if perhaps she had a boyfriend she lived with in NW TX/S OK area and occasionally she would hitchhike to visit her family in other states but only for a few days or a week at a time-- would that few days be enough to impact her isotopes?

Just an FYI: the family asks that locations, as well as names, not be mentioned.

Oops, sorry I didn't see this when replying to Allykins above on the Isotopes. I'll remove the specific states pertaining to MK but question is still interesting in regards to BG's isotopes.

Oops, sorry I didn't see this when replying to Allykins above on the Isotopes. I'll remove the specific states pertaining to MK but question is still interesting in regards to BG's isotopes.

I don't know how long someone has to be in an area for isotopes to show up in their system. That's a good question.
In reference to the A4 victims, investigators theorized, based on isotopes, that the mc victim was in the company of the other victims in NH 2 weeks to three months before she died. So, it sounds like it could be of short duration before it registers.

Isotopes were mentioned in media by LE. Is that allowed? I tried to delete a previous post in via my phone but could not. Please delete if violate TOS and family privacy.

I'm not able to edit my post, but I will refer to certain locations as "home region" or something similar from now on. People will just have to infer what that means.
But discussion of BG's isotope (and pollen) results was released by the media and have been discussed long before this turn of events, so I imagine it's not violating anything.

The family doesn't want locations specific to them released, the isotope results were out years ago.

It's not against TOS, it's just what the family requested. Thanks everyone :)

In all due respect of the family I'm starting to think we should just close the thread and stop all discussions of BG that way there is no question of what can or cannot be discussed.

In all due respect of the family I'm starting to think we should just close the thread and stop all discussions of BG that way there is no question of what can or cannot be discussed.

I think you have the right idea. If what we've recently seen turns out to be legitimate, I'm thinking there's really nothing more to discuss until if and when we hear something official.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member