Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Marcia was an earlier victim of one of these Miami Co. guys maybe with benefit of hindsight LE will go back and look at them for the similarities. How will they ever know for sure unless they have some damning evidence we don't know about that fits just that person?
I sure hope so! There was word Joe wasn't working alone. He never turned anyone in with him. When the women from Springfield came up missing and then later the Chillicothe women it's crossed some minds, is that Joe's partner.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's been said many times they were leaning toward truckers for this. Wonder why. If the weather back that week was dry would there be tire tracks or footprints? They didn't know who she was and what family has now said. I've always considered locals but where did a local meet her. Why was she in Troy or near there unless she was dropped off there from a previous ride. I am near Dayton also and heard off and on too about dumping bodies in Miami County. Back in the day it was the most rural direction. Now Troy area is more developed.
Hobart Areana in Troy was a place for concerts. Here's a link, they highlight the big names. Wonder if anything was going on there in April 1981 for Marcia to be in the area.

http://www.hobartarena.com/mobile_site/hall_of_fame_mobile.aspx

The information about her being in a fetal position makes me think that perhaps she was transported in the trunk of a car and rigor mortis set in while she was in the trunk. JMO.

Morbid, but yes, I was wondering about that possibility, too.

Or even if she was struck by a vehicle at some point, too. The impact could force her out of her shoes. Happened to a friend of mine back in college — he was changing a flat tire at night, pulled over on the end of an on/off ramp. Threw him out of his socks and shoes. The change in his jeans pockets even flew out; pockets went inside-out. [emoji15] (He survived to tell about it)

Correct, you would only go through there if you were from around here. Unless school would take a field trip to Brukner Nature.

Might there have been some sort of communal living or camping something-or-other around there at the time? Or camping/music party or festival? (Just thinking ... [emoji848] [emoji189])

Might there have been some sort of communal living or camping something-or-other around there at the time? Or camping/music party or festival? (Just thinking ... [emoji848] [emoji189])
That's exactly what I was searching. Now days we Miami Valley Music Fest outside of Troy. I'll have to ask around and see if there was anything going on locally. I mentioned above Hobart Arena has always hosted concerts, they seem to only highlight big names on the page.

I checked Blossom to see if maybe she was passing through to get there, first concert of the year wasn't until June.

I feel like this is a miracle. After all these years, she finally gets her name back. I have to say I was sad to find out that she was hitchhiker. I remember the 1970s. People knew that hitchhiking was dangerous especially after a bunch serial killings. I never thought Buckskin Girl was a hitchhiker for some reason. Maybe it was because she looked well kept with braided hair and all. There was something very healthy about her. I would also never think she prostitution and I don’t investigators did rather. Most of the other women I felt were. Hitchhiking just seems to dumb for a normal person. How stupid are people and why do they still do it today?

V
Maybe she was faintly sill alive when she was placed there.. and curled up into a fetal position before she finally passed. Kind of like being hit in the stomach you would slump over :dunno: just a thought
Yeah that's what I was thinking too.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

This festival is now held in July, but it started in 1981. Wonder if is was ever held sooner, in spring?

http://www.countryconcert.com/

Troy Strawberry Festival is held in June. It’s been around since the late 70s. And I wonder if it was held earlier in the year? Maybe not, though, since strawberries are so seasonal.

http://gostrawberries.com/about-the-festival/
It's always been in July, good thinking though! Hickory Hills only hosts Country Concert. Closest lake for camping is put that way, Fort Loramie.

It's always been in July, good thinking though! Hickory Hills only hosts Country Concert. Closest lake for camping is put that way, Fort Loramie.

And yes Strawberry Festival first weekend in June. I have a picture of me wearing shirt from that year.

Does anyone have a newspaper archive account? I don’t. Something like newspapers.com? I wonder if there’s a relatively easy way to search newspaper archives from around that time in the area — checking for festivals or biker events, concerts.

I dunno. That’s probably a rabbit hole!

Looks like the Country Concert festival founder died in 2017. Obits and news stories say he also owns/owned campgrounds, but my Google-fu isn’t as strong when using my cellphone. Most stories don’t mention the name of the campgrounds or how long those have been around. :(

Looks like the Country Concert festival founder died in 2017. Obits and news stories say he also owns/owned campgrounds, but my Google-fu isn’t as strong when using my cellphone. Most stories don’t mention the name of the campgrounds or how long those have been around. :(
Hickory Hills is the name of the place, concert will still go on.

I'll see if I have newspaper site with my ancestry account.

there were (2) other murders that I could find in 81 maybe others please let me know if their are Rajam

1) Robyn Clawson she was found nude in a feld, she had been run over by a car Harry Walker was charged in her murder
2) Deborah Prince was found by a cemetary, she had been strangled with a nylon rope there was no other markings on her from any type of struggle bruises scratches etc her car was located @ mile away purse was still in it, she was also 5 mths pregnant Her killer has not been identified

Agree with LE do not forsee either of these murders being connected to Marcia

Could she have been a Grateful Dead follower? The were in Pittsburgh PA 3/5/81 and 3/6/81. They did a few more shows in the states until 3/14. They left the states for shows 3/20 - 3/28. The next concert is back in the states 4/25/81 Berkeley CA. They had worked their way back to PA by 5/2/81

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~./gdead/81.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could she have been a Grateful Dead follower? The were in Pittsburgh PA 3/5/81 and 3/6/81. They did a few more shows in the states until 3/14. They left the states for shows 3/20 - 3/28. The next concert is back in the states 4/25/81 Berkeley CA. They had worked their way back to PA by 5/2/81

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~./gdead/81.html

!!! Good sleuthing, coffee. Great question!

Speaking of music concerts, I checked and found that the band Styx played in Louisville, Ky, Pittsburgh, Pa, and Cincinnati, Oh. in March 1981, as well as Texas and Oklahoma,(in Feb. 1981, I believe) ...Probably doesn't mean anything, but I just thought the timeline was interesting.

My theory now is still that she was killed by someone she knew (but NOT a family member). Maybe it was a guy she met while she was hitchhiking and started a relationship with. The relationship might've been very abusive. She was about to walk out and leave him, maybe by hitchhiking, and he attacked her. Maybe she was trying to jump out of a moving car when it came to a stop. He parked, and there was a fight. He assaulted her until she was nearly dead, then dumped her, barely alive, a short distance away. I was initially thinking maybe she was killed inside of a hotel or apartment but, even in the middle of the night, it would be very risky to carry a body out into an apartment, and a hotel wouldn't be possible. Someone would definitely see.

From the info posted above, it sure doesn't sound like a truck could've come to that area to dump a body. That, along with the lack of sexual assault, makes me think it wasn't random or done by a truck driver.

Ok, I do have Newspaper account. What are the odds of there being more than one Marcia King? I would post my clipping but it mentions other names. Whether it's her, Idk. 1980 though... Lists a name with her. Think detectives have searched this stuff?

Looking at photos of fans at a Folsom Field 1980 Dead concert, I see a few in bare feet and braided hair. No signature jacket though.

bd85783d39fc4f9a39305fea45f9f4e1.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members