GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten.../12/4-people-missing-foul-play-suspected.html

Maynard said he last saw his children about three weeks ago when he and his wife took them to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. Maynard and Herrmann never married.

He said Sprang has three children. Records show they're 20, 17 and 9 years old.

The info about the ages of Stephanie S's 3 children caught my eye. One child is 9 yrs old, I wonder if he lives with his mom?

I looked up the location of Target Distribution Center in West Jefferson where the BF worked. The distribution center is located very close to I-70 and State Route 29.

The road map that Nursebeeme provided between Urbana, West Jefferson, and Howard got me thinking here.

Just how well does the boyfriend knows the streets of Columbus? Depending on the time of the day, the traffic can be very heavy on the Columbus freeways and main drags.

I'm thinking that he very well could have avoided going through all that traffic in Columbus when he goes from West Jefferson to Howard.

From work, he can get on State Route 29 and go a few miles past I-70 to get on US 42 right outside of West Jefferson. US 42 will take you to Delaware. In Delaware, he can get on US 36 and take US 36 all the way to Howard.

I read Tina and Greg moved to Howard from Hilliard, Ohio, a Columbus suburb on the northwest side of town.

Does anyone know where Greg's mother lives? From what I've pieced together via Google, she may be in Mount Vernon.

How do you think investigators can tell that the blood is from an injury? No blood spatter so that would indicate no striking with a knife or shooting with a gun. What else in the house would suggest an injury.....bandages or bloody towels?

When Tina R. Herrmann didn't show up for work on Wednesday, her co-workers at Dairy Queen started to worry.

The Knox County sheriff's office checked in at her house twice that night, but no one answered the door.

By Thursday, the manager at the Dairy Queen in Mount Vernon was concerned enough to investigate and let herself into the house, Sheriff David Barber said.

The woman didn't find Herrmann or her children.

What she found was blood.

The sheriff said Herrmann, 32, and her friend Stephanie Sprang, 41, along with Herrmann's children, Sarah Maynard, 13, and Kody Maynard, 10, had been at the home and were last seen Wednesday. The sheriff's office is treating it as a missing-persons case. Barber said there weren't signs of a struggle, but there were signs of an injury. Investigators suspect foul play.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo.../story-howard-knox-county-missing-people.html

so she didn't show up for work on wednesday either...

The timeline, according to Knox County Sheriff David Barber, began Wednesday evening when Tina Herrmann did not show up for work at Dairy Queen in Mount Vernon. The manager called the sheriff’s office to report her missing. The deputy checked out the house and found nothing amiss.

“Her Ford pickup truck was in the driveway and no one answered the door,” Barber said. “There were no signs of anything out of place. The deputy came back later in the evening to check again. There were lights lit and the truck was still there.”

Herrmann did not show up for work again on Thursday, so the Dairy Queen manager went out to the house to check on her.

Barber said the manager had permission to enter the house. Upon entering the residence, the manager discovered blood in a couple areas and called the sheriff’s office.

“We have been out here ever since. There is blood in the house and some signs of an injury,” Barber said.

and another snip

“Late [Thursday] evening Tina’s Ford F150 pickup truck, which had been in the driveway when deputies were here on Wednesday, was recovered near Kenyon College. It was not on the Kenyon campus. It was outside the village of Gambier. The truck is now being processed by the Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation.”

Barber said a vehicle registered to Sprang was found in Herrmann’s garage. This vehicle is also being processed by BCI. Barber added that Sprang was included as an unaccounted for person because her vehicle was found at Herrmann’s and because nobody has heard from her either.

http://www.mountvernonnews.com/local/10/11/13/investigators-testing-blood-found-in-home

When Tina R. Herrmann didn't show up for work on Wednesday, her co-workers at Dairy Queen started to worry.

The Knox County sheriff's office checked in at her house twice that night, but no one answered the door.

By Thursday, the manager at the Dairy Queen in Mount Vernon was concerned enough to investigate and let herself into the house, Sheriff David Barber said.

The woman didn't find Herrmann or her children.

What she found was blood.

The sheriff said Herrmann, 32, and her friend Stephanie Sprang, 41, along with Herrmann's children, Sarah Maynard, 13, and Kody Maynard, 10, had been at the home and were last seen Wednesday. The sheriff's office is treating it as a missing-persons case. Barber said there weren't signs of a struggle, but there were signs of an injury. Investigators suspect foul play.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo.../story-howard-knox-county-missing-people.html

so she didn't show up for work on wednesday either...

Nope, she didn't go to work Wednesday but we know the kids went to school. We know that Wednesday evening, an officer went by the home because Tina's work had reported her missing. The officer saw the truck in the drive and lights were on but he couldn't get anyone to answer the door. The next day, the truck was gone. Very strange....

I keep wondering why this officer did not call for back-up and try to enter the home. Its unusual to go by the home two different times and never be able to get anyone to the door. That would be alarming, especially if you knew she had not gone to work and people were concerned for her safety.

Obviously, with Tina's truck still in the drive, whoever is responsible for what happened to these individuals was still in the home on Wednesday evening, or at least close by.

I have a question about the boss from Dairy Queen and it probably has no answer. (I always have questions that don't have answers...)

What constitutes "having permission to go inside?" Did he/she call and get permission from someone (Mom, LE, Ex-Bf, etc.), or was this some kind of verbal agreement during the employment?

"Hey, if I don't show up for work you are free to come into my house to check up on my family and I."

It's the one part of this that is making me go "hmmmmm" because I have never given such permission to anyone outside of my landlord, my neighbor and family members (for other reasons like "Can you watch my animals while I am on vaycay?" or the frantic call from another location "I think I left my iron on!! Can you check for me??")

I could understand if the manager saw something from the outside and force/make their way in, like the blood, but I would assume that LE would of saw that first since it was night time and the lights were on inside the house.

That part of the "information" has me questioning what would make an employee give such permission to their manager. Seems like they had a very close relationship/friendship.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...oward-knox-county-missing-people.html?sid=102

Saturday, November 13, 2010 8:01 AM
WBNS-10TV

HOWARD, Ohio — Friends and neighbors gathered on Saturday morning to search for two women and two children who disappeared earlier in the week.

image_newmissingadultschildren.jpg

I have a question about the boss from Dairy Queen and it probably has no answer. (I always have questions that don't have answers...)

What constitutes "having permission to go inside?" Did he/she call and get permission from someone (Mom, LE, Ex-Bf, etc.), or was this some kind of verbal agreement during the employment?

"Hey, if I don't show up for work you are free to come into my house to check up on my family and I."

It's the one part of this that is making me go "hmmmmm" because I have never given such permission to anyone outside of my landlord, my neighbor and family members (for other reasons like "Can you watch my animals while I am on vaycay?" or the frantic call from another location "I think I left my iron on!! Can you check for me??")

I could understand if the manager saw something from the outside and force/make their way in, like the blood, but I would assume that LE would of saw that first since it was night time and the lights were on inside the house.

That part of the "information" has me questioning what would make an employee give such permission to their manager. Seems like they had a very close relationship/friendship.

I think this is a very good point and goes hand-in-hand with a previous post wondering why LE was called so soon after Tina didn't show up at work. It's almost as if Tina had been having trouble with/fearing someone she knew and had told this person to call the police and check her house if something happened to her.

just a thought... could it have been boyfriend's mother that was called to ask for permission to enter the house?? since BF out of town working?

would also explain why she then calls her son to tell him what is going on?

just a thought at this point

just a thought... could it have been boyfriend's mother that was called to ask for permission to enter the house?? since BF out of town working?

would also explain why she then calls her son to tell him what is going on?

just a thought at this point

That's an interesting thought. If Greg's mother does live in Mount Vernon, the DQ manager may know her.

Just one point of clarification (given the confusing timeline we have), Greg wasn't working Thursday when the manager went to the house. He was reportedly in Urbana or Springfield playing golf. He told reporters he worked Wednesday until 4 pm and stayed with his mother or a friend that night. The media hasn't reported the mother or friend's town.

Wonder if Tina had any life insurance? How about the kids?

Wonder if playing golf 80 miles away would make a terrific alibi.....while someone else did a dirty deed.

That's an interesting thought. If Greg's mother does live in Mount Vernon, the DQ manager may know her.

Just one point of clarification (given the confusing timeline we have), Greg wasn't working Thursday when the manager went to the house. He was reportedly in Urbana or Springfield playing golf. He told reporters he worked Wednesday until 4 pm and stayed with his mother or a friend that night. The media hasn't reported the mother or friend's town.

I am just guessing here... but the golf course where he was at on thursday in Urbana was closer to where he worked 80 miles away than Apple Valley... at this point ((again a guess)) is that he drove to work, stayed with a friend near his work location, and went golfing the next day.. drives home after getting the call from his mom.

just a thought/opinion at this point as the timeline is WAY confusing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member