GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember the exact wording either..but he indicated they were due to the evidence they have already collected....blood???

I think the sheriff was being cautious about this. He said they're optimistic about finding the three alive. But, then said he has to be realistic, and taking into consideration the amount of blood in the home and the fact that no one has seen these three individuals for 5 days, he has to consider the possibility that they are dead.

I think he's juggling the two - being optimistic on one hand and realistic on the other.

A couple of Questions:

1. Did Tina normally work an day or afternoon shift at Dairy Queen? Was her schedule "regular"?

2. If she worked afternoons, did anyone keep an eye on the kids, or did they stay there on their own, "normally"?

TIA

Was known to got into the woods with a backpack and coming out with out it....frequented the gravel pit several times a week....ugh.

Why would LE release photos of Stephanie's truck tomorrow if it was in her own garage?

Is the the Columbus Fox News giving this interview?

I don't know maza...I have satelite and don't know channel it would be for anyone else. The segment is over but I posted the highlights

He specifically stated that Sarah did NOT see Stephanie at the house on Wednesday. She was home with her mom and brother when MH came over/made the acquaintance. They then did not leave the house on their own violation.

All of this I find to be VERY confusing.

I don't understand the connection with Stephanie here, it made sense before when they reported her car was in Tina's garage, but now they state it was not, it was in her own garage. How did Stephanie get to Tina's? Maybe Stephanie somehow knows MH and went to Tina's with him???

Why would LE release photos of Stephanie's truck tomorrow if it was in her own garage?

He was asking area residents to report ANY observations or movements of these victims for the last few days before they went missing in addition to any information they might have since then.

Maybe LE believes he used Stephanie's truck at some point but don't know where? LE may be hoping someone saw it?

But why hold off on releasing any photos that could produce witnesses??

I don't know what this means???? But neighbor she had heard he had a hole in his ceiling.... hiding bodies? blech....I wonder if there other missing people in the area. This guy really sounds like a serial killer...Of course JMO

A couple of Questions:

1. Did Tina normally work an day or afternoon shift at Dairy Queen? Was her schedule "regular"?

2. If she worked afternoons, did anyone keep an eye on the kids, or did they stay there on their own, "normally"?

TIA

I haven't seen anything about Tina's work schedule; however, I read somewhere her live-in ex BF, Greg Borders, usually watched the kids when she was at work. I can't recall if he actually stated this or if it was rumor, but he was quoted as saying he didn't return home after working his 4a - 4p shift Wednesday, electing instead to spend the night with his mother or a friend.

I don't understand the connection with Stephanie here, it made sense before when they reported her car was in Tina's garage, but now they state it was not, it was in her own garage. How did Stephanie get to Tina's? Maybe Stephanie somehow knows MH and went to Tina's with him???

Does anyone have any links for this? I've only seen one report that made that statement. All the others have said that the Jeep was in Tina's garage.

It would be a help to get this cleared up.

So is LE just assuming that Stephanie must be with the Maynards, since she is nowhere to be found?

This is what makes no sense to me, and makes me wonder if this was somehow centered around Stephanie, because if her car was not Tina's house, no one reported her missing, no one can even say when they last saw her or spoke to her, how was she immediately tied to the family missing too?

Maybe LE believes he used Stephanie's truck at some point but don't know where? LE may be hoping someone saw it?

But why hold off on releasing any photos that could produce witnesses??

maybe le is trying to mess with matthew hoffmans head?? i sure hope they are:)

I don't know what this means???? But neighbor she had heard he had a hole in his ceiling.... hiding bodies? blech....I wonder if there other missing people in the area. This guy really sounds like a serial killer...Of course JMO

It's the same neighbor that said she saw them carry out a body bag to all the news media.

I'd take what she says with a grain of salt. JMO

:waitasec:
I haven't seen anything about Tina's work schedule; however, I read somewhere her live-in ex BF, Greg Borders, usually watched the kids when she was at work. I can't recall if he actually stated this or if it was rumor, but he was quoted as saying he didn't return home after working his 4a - 4p shift Wednesday, electing instead to spend the night with his mother or a friend.
:waitasec:
you made me think of something... what if Stephanie was coming over to stay with the kids while Tina was at work since BF was out of town ((and yes, I also recall that article that said he would stay with the kids in the evening while she worked))

I still have the feeling that Stephanie walked in on whatever was going on.

further thought if this kid was in the tree trimming business... great way to approach the house as a ruse.... or fall cleanup etc

LE included Stephanie in the missing people right away, though, didn't they? Before they had to try to determine who might be at fault? Maybe her purse was there in the house?

Sooner Fan, I was wondering the same thing about other possible missing person cases.

I wonder if when they say home invasion, they mean when someone or a few people storm a house, tie people up and raid it for goods/money/drugs, as opposed to gaining access to a house to harm people or kidnap someone.

This case is really reminding me of the Groene family case. I can see this MH stalking the family and then swooping in quickly, incapacitating one in order to bring the rest under his control. I wonder if he killed Stephanie first and then tied the mom and son up in another room while waiting for the daughter to come home. Then, when she came in and saw what was happening, a few threats to kill her family would be all it would take to get her bound and gagged and separated from her family. He then could have killed the mom and son after placing Sarah in the car, and/or transported them separately. She may not have even known her brother and mother were killed. She may never have seen Stephanie lying there dead or injured, if MH was quick enough and I bet he was. He probably either lured the dog first or killed the dog in front of them, I don't know. It's horrible and it's psychotic. To think that someone would incapacitate 4 people and a dog and then kill three of the people, probably also the dog, and transport them all somewhere else, is astounding. Is it a suburb where they were? What time could this have happened with, was it Tina's work schedule? He must have done at least some of this in broad daylight, right? He was not afraid of getting caught at all. Psycho.

The sheriff stated it wasn't a home invasion. A reporter asked if it wasn't a home invasion, what was it. I had the impression that the sheriff was alluding to something that started out differently and then turned horrific.

Media reports have consistently stated that there were no signs of a struggle. Did Hoffman come to the house, knock on the door and introduce himself as the son of neighbors on Apple Valley Road, and ask if there was any jobs that needed doing around the house, offering to do household repair??? In other words, was he invited in initially, as a means to get into the house, and after a while it turned real ugly??? That's one reason why the sheriff might say it wasn't a home invasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member