GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:waitasec:
:waitasec:
you made me think of something... what if Stephanie was coming over to stay with the kids while Tina was at work since BF was out of town ((and yes, I also recall that article that said he would stay with the kids in the evening while she worked))

I still have the feeling that Stephanie walked in on whatever was going on.

further thought if this kid was in the tree trimming business... great way to approach the house as a ruse.... or fall cleanup etc

Good points Nurse B! Both scenarios make logical sense.

Yes...........a large bonfire with tree branches and the next morning a large pile of ashes.

If LE has already searched the location of this fire, I wouldn't worry about it too much - they would have found significant evidence. The flashpoint of dried leaves is much lower than that of a human body.

Under normal circumstances, human bodies do not burn very well. The body is approximately 80% water.

I do have a link for this quotation, but am reluctant to post it here because of the extremely graphic images of human spontaneous combustion therein. It should be pointed out, though, that there are always a lot more than ashes remaining in these cases.

Where cremation does occur, the furnace has a much higher temperature than most fires and takes a long time.

A cremator is an industrial furnace capable of generating temperatures of 870–980 °C (1,598–1,796 °F) to ensure disintegration of the corpse.

The time required for cremation thus varies from body to body, and in modern furnaces may be as fast as one hour per 45 kilograms (99 lb) of body weight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cremation

HTH

See, I heard that differently, I heard him say (stutter) that the last time she saw her mom and brother was on Wed, however, he said the last time he saw Stephanie was Tuesday. This is what is confusing to me.

I took that to mean that when Sarah arrived at the house, Stephanie wasn't there.

I think Sarah was removed from the house, separated from her mother, Tina, and brother, Kody, very soon after she got home from school.

Sometime after she was removed - to Hoffman's house - Stephanie came to the house and was also taken captive by Hoffman.

So Sarah saw Stephanie on Tuesday, and that was the last time she saw Stephanie. By the time Stephanie arrived, Sarah was already gone from the house.

Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time........I think Stephanie walked into this after it began and was also taken captive.

Bingo, Leila... What I've been thinking, too.

It's the same neighbor that said she saw them carry out a body bag to all the news media.

I'd take what she says with a grain of salt. JMO

I don't know...didn't catch her name...my satelite receiver chose THAT particular time to upload updates!! grrrr. Is there a pic of the person you are referring to? I could absolutely point her out.

This entire case is confusing me. So, 2 women and 2 children (who belong to one of the women..) were abducted, and now one of the children is safe? Is that correct? Does LE know who abducted them?

Even though they say the houses, Tina's and Stephanie's are within walking distance, I doubt they would actually walk to each others house. Just my opinion. You don't see many people walking this area, the roads are hilly, winding, and cars travel pretty fast in the area.

If MH arrived with Stephanie and both were welcomed into the home, it wouldn't be a home invasion. But since Sarah didn't see Stephanie I'm guessing that MH was welcomed into the home for some reason. If they allowed him to enter for some reason, and thought they could trust him, and no locks are damaged or doors broken, I guess they don't call it an invasion. He might have even talked Tina into offering him a beer.

I don't know...didn't catch her name...my satelite receiver chose THAT particular time to upload updates!! grrrr. Is there a pic of the person you are referring to? I could absolutely point her out.

Her first name is Donna. She is heavyset. Dark shoulder length hair. Eyeglasses.

OMG..trapped and killed squirrels and it was thought he had also killed family pets.

As a child psychologist, I know that this is one of the number one signs/criteria of a conduct disorder (which often leads to sociopathic behavior as an adult).

This is what makes no sense to me, and makes me wonder if this was somehow centered around Stephanie, because if her car was not Tina's house, no one reported her missing, no one can even say when they last saw her or spoke to her, how was she immediately tied to the family missing too?

LE included Stephanie in the missing people right away, though, didn't they? Before they had to try to determine who might be at fault? Maybe her purse was there in the house?

(BBM)

I'm thinking what you are, clucioano... There was something of Stephanie's in the home.

Why would LE release photos of Stephanie's truck tomorrow if it was in her own garage?

Probably because it was found in her garage by LE on Thursday, and LE needs to know if the Jeep was used/moved at any time on Wednesday. Did anyone see that Jeep anywhere outside of Stephanie's home.

In one report, the sheriff did say that evidence was recovered from both vehicles - Tina's and Stephanie's.

This entire case is confusing me. So, 2 women and 2 children (who belong to one of the women..) were abducted, and now one of the children is safe? Is that correct? Does LE know who abducted them?

KC, they have a man in custody. Still looking for the other three people - two women and the son.

OMG..trapped and killed squirrels and it was thought he had also killed family pets.

Acting wierd lately, hanging out in trees.

I'd love to know the name of this person.

It's the same neighbor that said she saw them carry out a body bag to all the news media.

I'd take what she says with a grain of salt. JMO

But if the neighbor saw a gurney being carried out and Sarah's face was covered, I could see how in a moment of shock, that could be translated as a body bag. I'm not ready to dismiss the neighbors yet.

Yes. Daughter was found bound and gagged in the basement of a guy named Matt Hoffman. Two ladies and the son are still missing.

Regarding the question to the sheriff about whether or not they knew him or he knew them, he seemed to pause, stutter, search for words. I think he ended up saying something to the effect that they did not know him but at some point it seems that he made himself acquainted with them.

Maybe I'm overanalyzing this, but I'm wondering if they have an indication (maybe from Sarah) that he had been watching them - getting acquainted with schedules, people in the home, etc.

Gives me the creeps... :(... And, no, I NEVER answer the door for anyone that I don't know. Ever.

When is the last time that MH was at his parents home, near Tina's?

Did he go there often?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members