GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The police chopper had to land and refuel, but no, there hasn't been much most recently

I wish we knew if MH had access, legal or otherwise, to a gun. That would make some sense as to how he could control all of these people and also possibly kill them, without anyone getting free. I am not really getting how one person could dispose of three people without being seen, not to mention getting them all into a vehicle. I guess the vehicle could have been in the garage if they were killed in the house.

Sorry, kind of babbling...

Has anyone seen any reporting on whether or not this guy has friends/family in the area? i've been googling like crazy, but not seeing anything.

guessing he is a complete loner and acted alone.

would seem like one of the news stations would have tracked down a friend/relative for an interview, but haven't seen that reported. only the statements from a few neighbors and there is not much said.

He had family living down the road near Tina's house..haven't heard about any friends....he had a g/f that left him a couple (?) weeks ago...supposedly he choked her.

why would he not have killed the 4th person as well?

the clothing was found by a non-LE searcher over in the Apple Valley area...and it looked to us like leaves were in the evidence bags at the park. (links to this info is in previous thread).

there's enough houses close by, that I'd think there would be foot traffic in the park...it wasn't that far from Hoffman's house so it's not hard to believe the neighbor that said he used to carry bags over there, and come back w/o them.

I wonder if he was in the habit of dumping trash in the park. It would jive with him taking bags and coming back without them. Perhaps what we saw earlier was LE taking something from what he had dumped in his trash?

Has anyone seen any reporting on whether or not this guy has friends/family in the area? i've been googling like crazy, but not seeing anything.

would seem like one of the news stations would have tracked down a friend/relative for an interview, but haven't seen that reported. only the statements from a few neighbors and there is not much said.

His parents live very near the residences of the missing. Here's the link to a map one of the members marked for us.

This case is so sad. Wonder if there is anyone else invovled? How would he controll all four people by himself? Unless he threatened to harm the children if the adults fought back.

I wonder if he overcame them at different times. The mother was at home waiting for her friend to show up to go look at rentals. Perhaps he subdued the mother first, the friend next when she arrived, and the brother when he got home from school?

why would he not have killed the 4th person as well?

He probably would have if LE had not found her in his basement. I don't want to speculate as to why he was keeping her, but I imagine most people have a good idea as to why. If he let her go alive, he would have been caught and linked to the other 3. Who knows how long he would have kept her alive and what she would have went through as time went by.

i have to say that i agree with whoever said that they were feeling angry about mh making le search so hard and the poor families sick with grief...

the fourth person may have been the actual target and the other three were incidental...

That what it seems like to me. He targeted the girl for kidnapping, possibly for sexual assault or enslavement. The others were killed to hide the abduction. (Just speculation, I hope I'm wrong.)

It was stated by the sheriff that there's two addresses for MH - one at the house in Mount Vernon where Sarah was found, and on on Apple Valley Road (half mile from Tina's house) that belonged to his parents.

It wasn't stated if his parents are still living there.

I wish we knew if MH had access, legal or otherwise, to a gun. That would make some sense as to how he could control all of these people and also possibly kill them, without anyone getting free. I am not really getting how one person could dispose of three people without being seen, not to mention getting them all into a vehicle. I guess the vehicle could have been in the garage if they were killed in the house.

Sorry, kind of babbling...

From a legal stand point - MH is a convicted felon (felony arson in Colorado), so he couldn't purchase a gun as a background check would show he is a felon.

I was thinking he went to the house to rob them and they cooperated thinking he would take stuff and go, he could have bound them there, now he has control of all 4. Drinks and waits till the middle of the night to transport. He did start a fire over a robbery. UGH! IMO

That what it seems like to me. He targeted the girl for kidnapping, possibly for sexual assault or enslavement. The others were killed to hide the abduction. (Just speculation, I hope I'm wrong.)

I agree with you.

He burned down a condo complex and put lives at risk and caused 2 million dollars in damage to cover a burglary.

I don't find it a stretch that he would kill 3 to hide an abduction.

Purchasing a tarp sounds ominous. I've got a feeling we won't be finding anyone else alive, since they weren't found with Sarah.

I'm thinking the receipt for the tarp was found either at Tina's house or in the truck. :twocents:

(ETA - there was alot of discussion on the other thread questioning how the receipt could have helped track him/Sarah down or connect him to the abduction. This is how I think it's connected - not sure if was discussed before b/c real life took over for awhile here and I'm behind on the thread)

From a legal stand point - MH is a convicted felon (felony arson in Colorado), so he couldn't purchase a gun as a background check would show he is a felon.

not legally but he could have stolen one. Lets not forget this guy started out being a thief, then arson, now kidnapping and god knows what else.

I'm thinking the receipt for the tarp was found either at Tina's house or in the truck. :twocents:

(ETA - there was alot of discussion on the other thread about how this helped track him/Sarah down or connect him to the abduction. This is how I think it's connected - not sure if was discussed before b/c real life took over for awhile here)

BBM. Very good thinking!

not legally but he could have stolen one. Lets not forget this guy started out being a thief, then arson, now kidnapping and god knows what else.

If he's got guns, they're likely stolen.

Or his parents may have owned a gun...

If the receipt was in Tina's house, that makes sense as a way to track him down...but also seems really stupid. Of course look at Doug Stewart leaving a receipt for the very same item, also from Walmart, in his truck when he apparently went to kill his ex-wife.

For an ex-con, if he did that (left the receipt behind) he is fairly stupid and hopefully that will be his downfall. But it also may keep him from talking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member