GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
prosecutor (interview I posted above and I am listening to) says that he does not believe MH's claim that he set the fire to cover the burglary.

"he had a horrific PREMEDITATED APPETITE to cause that kind of damage"

Yes, I listened to this when it was posted yesterday and it was *very* enlightening. It's obvious that Hoffman made a very strong negative impression on this prosecutor and that he remembered the case clearly as a result. It's such a shame that the judge didn't pick up on the same impressions, but chose to assume that a shorter jail time would be beneficial for society. Turned out to be very untrue in this case!

Steadfast -

Herrmann's pickup truck was at the home Wednesday when the boyfriend reported her missing, the sheriff said, but it was found abandoned Thursday night on property owned by Kenyon College, about 50 miles northeast of Columbus. The college ordered a lockdown of all students until 7 a.m. Friday.
Assoc. Press

-----
The 32-year-old mother, Tina Herrmann, was reported missing by her boyfriend on Wednesday, and her co-worker at a Dairy Queen went to her home in Howard to check on her when she didn't show up for work on Thursday, Knox County Sheriff David Barber told WBNS-TV.
------
This was reported in several other locations as well but, you can see I said:
"However the media has twisted this thing into knots on a regular basis".

The media has definitely twisted things up in this case! It's been crazy. But since those early reports, GB has been very clear that he was nowhere near the home or even the town from early morning Wednesday until late Thursday afternoon. He'd better hope he was nowhere near the home during that time! The articles saying that he reported the four missing were all written before anyone had a chance to interview him. Now, I'm not sure he gave the same story to everyone, but all his quotes put him far away from the scene and unaware of any problem until Thursday afternoon.

Borders, 30, said the last time he heard from Herrmann was through a text message at 11:30 Wednesday morning, saying she had fed their miniature pinscher.
Then his mother called about noon Thursday while he was golfing to say that Herrmann and her two children were missing. http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...concern-grows-as-4-still-missing.html?sid=101

someone posted on the fb site that MH's father lives near where Tina's truck was dumped. that is interesting if true.

((fwiw msm articles have mentioned his step father))

Posted on FB ~ possible property owned by an M Hoffman at 9310 Laymon Road, which is very close to where Tina's truck was found

Does anyone have abilities to search and verify?

Can't say I blame Mr. Borders there!

I would remove myself as well if possible.
Yes, this story has almost taken a life of it's own. Reports changing, stories being cleansed, and re edited.

I wish they could all get together on the same page!

Posted on FB ~ possible property owned by an M Hoffman at 9310 Laymon Road, which is very close to where Tina's truck was found

Same last name as MH's, different first name.

Someone is posting speculation on 10TV's article in the comments section concerning amount of blood in home and what exactly happened. Most likely just rumors but thought I'd link it if anyone wanted to take a look:

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/wbns/T59JI0FS5LPDLKLQL/p4

It's towards the last page of comments.

I found the post I think you're referring to If that did, indeed, occur........words fail me!

I found the post I think you're referring to If that did, indeed, occur........words fail me!

You and I both... :(

I think someone might be jumping to conclusions. I counted 16 Hoffmans in the Knox County property database. You can search here:

http://www.knoxcountyauditor.org/Search.aspx

I'm fairly certain that LE would know of any and all family he has in the area.

(1st post, hope I did it right) :)

Yes, you are right, but if mh just got off parole this past October hopefully LE would know what mh's whereabouts were until then. Back at his parents house temporarily? (maybe they are trying to distance themselves too, can't say that I blame them, although enabling is a different thing...) A friends house? Sigh...hope LE knows...

I did a little bit of research into this last night. MH has a sister, 5 years older, also living in Howard. Maybe he lived with her for a period of time before moving into the house in Mount Vernon.

His mother is re-married (don't know if his father is deceased or if it was a divorce), but there seems to be a few by the step-father's surname living in the area. MH could have lived with some of his step father's family.

Hoffman lived in Bazetta with his mother, Patricia Hedglin, and stepfather during the early 1990s. Trumbull and Knox County records show they sold their home on Westlake Drive in 1997 and moved to Howard in Knox County the same year.

When reached at her Knox County home Tuesday evening, Patricia Hedglin acknowledged having lived in the Warren area, but declined to comment on her son.

http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/id/549701.html

The mother and step-father bought the house on Apple Valley Road in March 2003.

Same last name as MH's, different first name.

Not sure if this was a question or a statement, but yes, same last name, different, common first name (1st initial M).

The mother and step-father bought the house on Apple Valley Road in March 2003.

They could've rented until they bought the house?

FWIW, the same thread (different page) contains a post from an alleged friend of Tina who stated Stephanie was living with the Herrmann family.

Just wondering if it's okay to bring the perp's parents' names over, even after being in mainstream media. Seems like they're under enough scrutiny as it is and don't need to start being sleuthed...

I've got the parent's and sister's names and a little background information on parties involved, but have been reluctant to post names, ages, etc.

I've also found the names of Sephanie Sprang's two known husbands, and the names of their children.

These people are innocent and I don't think we should be publicly announcing what is known. It doesn't go towards resolving what happened to the three missing people.

I think someone might be jumping to conclusions. I counted 16 Hoffmans in the Knox County property database. You can search here:

http://www.knoxcountyauditor.org/Search.aspx

I'm fairly certain that LE would know of any and all family he has in the area.

(1st post, hope I did it right) :)

I think you're right. On FB, someone else posted that the location is owned by a young couple with small children and warned them not to be on a witch hunt for everyone with the last name Hoffman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brooks78