GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always use sheet to move furniture around, works great even on a heavy wood bedroom set.

Fear was in his favor as to taking over the victims.

Sprang's son Michael Kupiec told WBNS-TV on Friday he has no hatred and is eagerly waiting for investigators to tell his family about what happened to his mother.
"Until we find out more, on if they knew him — if he knew them, we don't really know anything," Kupiec said. "And we're just — we're waiting by authorities to find out all the information that we can. So I have no hate towards anybody."

http://www.statesman.com/news/nation/slain-ohio-womans-boss-knew-something-was-wrong-1060102.html

Sprang's son Michael Kupiec told WBNS-TV on Friday he has no hatred and is eagerly waiting for investigators to tell his family about what happened to his mother.
"Until we find out more, on if they knew him — if he knew them, we don't really know anything," Kupiec said. "And we're just — we're waiting by authorities to find out all the information that we can. So I have no hate towards anybody."

http://www.statesman.com/news/nation/slain-ohio-womans-boss-knew-something-was-wrong-1060102.html

WOW!!! He's a better person than I am!! I applaud that man, but not myself! I'd have enough hate to fill an ocean!:furious:

Still the question of the link between him and the victims? That is huge question for me as well as many of you.
I think the link is that his parent(s) lived in close proximity to all the victims.

On NG

Reporters say

LE still hasn't said how they found Sarah

Don't know timeline of killings

fear was in his favor in overtaking the victims, I believe it was Leila that pointed that out several threads ago. I agree and believe he was there to get Sarah no matter what. Her mom and Stephanie weren't there at the normal times that he had been stalking. I think he planned on the kids bus times and hadn't planned on anyone else being home. I believe he was in the house for several hours before the kids got home. I also believe he always carried tools, chainsaw just because of his so called profession.

He went to plan B when the women showed up. I also believe besides his mental state he was either on drugs, drunk or what ever.

Wow. Stephanie's son sounds like he's got a VERY level head on his shoulders after all of this.

fear was in his favor in overtaking the victims, I believe it was Leila that pointed that out several threads ago. I agree and believe he was there to get Sarah no matter what. Her mom and Stephanie weren't there at the normal times that he had been stalking. I think he planned on the kids bus times and hadn't planned on anyone else being home. I believe he was in the house for several hours before the kids got home. I also believe he always carried tools, chainsaw just because of his so called profession.

He went to plan B when the women showed up. I also believe besides his mental state he was either on drugs, drunk or what ever.
Any ideas how he got to their residence to start with? Did he drive himself there or did someone drop him off in the area? I almost wonder if he wasn't camping out in a wooded area very near all the residences. Watching like an animal.

Edited to add.....I just realized this was my one thousandth post. Took me 6 years but I finally did it. I love and respect each and every one of you.

You're saying DP off the table?!? This case has PREMEDITATION written all over it. Surely they can still go for the DP. Hopefully they will.

No I'm not saying that, I believe it was offered but not promised and he took the bait.

No I'm not saying that, I believe it was offered but not promised and he took the bait.
One life without parole is good enough for me I guess. It would be nice to see him squirm on death row but that probably won't happen. What's Ohio's record death penalty wise? Anyone know?

Thanks!
Excellent video, almost 8 mins, reporters walks the path to that tree. In it it shows the tree upclose along with the hole cut in the tree by LE. I am rather surpised that LE had allowed anyone into that area though.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...n-knox-county-missing-found-tree.html?sid=102

(video in upper right corner)

I've watched the video, and it only reinforces for me that MH had to have planned this way out in advance. That drive back in through trees and then opening into an open field, then a hike 100 feet into the woods at the edge of the open field, shows that he must have scouted the area before. He knew exactly where to find a large hollowed out tree. Most of the other trees in that wooded area are smaller in diameter.

pictures of the tree and the clearing
ABC6 - ODNR cut down the tree today because it is considered unstable and dangerous.

Clicking on "thanks" wasn't enough! These pictures are great! Thank you!

Although I've been following this case on the news, I just found this thread. I read an article 2 days ago that mentioned MH's mother offering some type of info to LE that assisted them in their location/apprehension of him but for the life of me I can't find the article now. Does anyone know anything about this and/or any articles that spoke of his mother? TIA!

IIRC, no one reported seeing any strange cars parked at Tina Herrmann's home on Wed or Thurs. That means MH had to have parked elsewhere and walked to the home. Whatever supplies he brought with him, he had to have carried them with him. He must have been hiding in the woods next to their home, watching, perhaps even stashing supplies there - tarps, garbage bags, weapon, ties for binding, etc.

I'm still amazed at how bold he was, to carry out such a horrific crime over an extended period of time, w/o being seen.

I've watched the video, and it only reinforces for me that MH had to have planned this way out in advance. That drive back in through trees and then opening into an open field, then a hike 100 feet into the woods at the edge of the open field, shows that he must have scouted the area before. He knew exactly where to find a large hollowed out tree. Most of the other trees in that wooded area are smaller in diameter.

I agree Leila and I can't help but wonder if these victims were MH's first.

BBM - Beech trees are the perfect tree for carving initials, etc in the bark. They can also live for hundreds of years even though they are hollow. MH could have marked that tree.....
Do you mean beech, or birch?

Ohio manager says she knew something was wrong with worker later found slain with 2 others

By MEGHAN BARR , Associated Press
Last update: November 19, 2010 - 4:30 PM

MOUNT VERNON, Ohio - The first indication that something had gone terribly wrong in this tiny Ohio town came when a Dairy Queen manager went to check on a friend who didn't show up for work.

The manager, Valerie Haythorn, told The Associated Press on Friday that when she drove by last week, the lights were on at the home where Tina Herrmann lived with her two children. Herrmann's truck also was in the driveway and, thinking all was well, Haythorn kept driving.

When Herrmann missed a second day, Haythorn drove back to the house — and this time she went inside.

Haythorn said she climbed in the back window because the front door was locked. Once inside, she discovered a significant amount of blood.

much more here in 2 page article

http://www.startribune.com/nation/109205599.html?page=1&c=y

ETA:

Here's another article & picture w/ Valerie

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_7790.shtml?wap=0

I can't imagine how scary that would have been for Valerie, seeing the blood, and now..............I can imagine the "what ifs." What if MH was still in the house? She could have become a victim too. Very scary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member