GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Leila and I can't help but wonder if these victims were MH's first.

Honestly, I will be shocked if this was the first time he killed anyone.Taking control over 4 people,killing 3 I would think he has done it before.

Memorial service and funeral for Tina Herrmann and her son Kody Maynard will be held next Tuesday, according to the Pray for the Maynard Kids Facebook page

The memorial for Kody Maynard and Tina Herrmann will be held Tuesday November 23, 2010 ...from 2-4 PM and 6-9 PM at the Peace Lutheran Church-Gahanna located at 455 Clark State Rd, Columbus, OH 43230 (614) 337-1000

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pray-for-The-Maynard-Kids/174173612594279

Hi everyone- I'm new here (first post); I have been a long time reader of the forums here, but this case brought the urge to post out in me. It's so tragic...

Prayers and thoughts to the family...

Well good night all. May Sarah someday find peace and happiness and that she has strong and loving people around her. May all of the family members affected by this monster find strength and peace as well. Thank you also to the dedication of the Officers on this case, Just horrific to all involved.
So many lives changed forever.
Hug and say I love you to the ones so near and dear.

Honestly, I will be shocked if this was the first time he killed anyone. Taking control over 4 people, killing 3 I would think he has done it before.

(BBM) Exactly. I'm sure LE is cross-checking all unsolved cases in any areas where he may have been, both prior to and after his release from prison.

Originally Posted by Texas Mist
Ohio manager says she knew something was wrong with worker later found slain with 2 others

By MEGHAN BARR , Associated Press
Last update: November 19, 2010 - 4:30 PM

MOUNT VERNON, Ohio - The first indication that something had gone terribly wrong in this tiny Ohio town came when a Dairy Queen manager went to check on a friend who didn't show up for work.

The manager, Valerie Haythorn, told The Associated Press on Friday that when she drove by last week, the lights were on at the home where Tina Herrmann lived with her two children. Herrmann's truck also was in the driveway and, thinking all was well, Haythorn kept driving.

When Herrmann missed a second day, Haythorn drove back to the house — and this time she went inside.

Haythorn said she climbed in the back window because the front door was locked. Once inside, she discovered a significant amount of blood.

much more here in 2 page article

http://www.startribune.com/nation/10...tml?page=1&c=y

ETA:

Here's another article & picture w/ Valerie

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared...90.shtml?wap=0
Thanks, Texas.

This is the first I've heard of this...what courage and resolve. She's another hero.

I wonder if she knew that Stephanie felt that she was being stalked?

Hi All!

I've been gone all day taking my husband to his pre-op cancer dr. I just got in and saw nancy mentioned he put the up there with a harness? Any updates are more than welcome...(please!) lol What did I miss?

Hi everyone- I'm new here (first post); I have been a long time reader of the forums here, but this case brought the urge to post out in me. It's so tragic...

Welcome joyouskay!!
Great to have you here. :dance:

Welcome to WS!!!

I, too, finally joined for the 1st case that "really hit me", Rochelle Cremona-Simmons.

This one here is my 2nd, but I've been following Zahra's and Kyron's and many others, too.

Any ideas how he got to their residence to start with? Did he drive himself there or did someone drop him off in the area? I almost wonder if he wasn't camping out in a wooded area very near all the residences. Watching like an animal.

Edited to add.....I just realized this was my one thousandth post. Took me 6 years but I finally did it. I love and respect each and every one of you.

I wonder if he rode a bike or used a taxi?

Oh congratulations on your 1000 post...;)

Hi All!

I've been gone all day taking my husband to his pre-op cancer dr. I just got in and saw nancy mentioned he put the up there with a harness? Any updates are more than welcome...(please!) lol What did I miss?
MH had tree-climbing equipment, like a harness (for safety and climbing), ropes, etc. So he hoisted the bodies and himself up high enough to drop them into the hole inside the tree...up high...and they fell to the bottom, inside the hollow tree.

LE cut a hole in the side of the tree to get them out with respect.

I wonder if he rode a bike or used a taxi?

Oh congratulations on your 1000 post...;)
There's a shuttle...I think he either used that or a bicycle. But no LE announcement of finding a bicycle.

Someone suggested that maybe Kody had a bike. :(

:Welcome-12-june:

I think beech:

Ludwig described the tree as an American beech and about 60 feet tall. Beech tree trunks are typically hollowed out, he said.

http://www.timesreporter.com/news/x291608786/Slain-Ohio-woman-s-boss-knew-something-was-wrong
My question was about the poster saying that the tree's bark is perfect for carving a message. As a kid...we would take the fallen birch bark, which is in several peel-able layers, and use it like parchment for writing on it. Maybe they meant that the beech bark is smooth?

It was a beech tree in this case.

I apologize if this was asked already.... but the blood in the house has to mean they were killed there right?

I told my husband about this and the first thing he asked was- they weren't dropped in the tree alive were they?

I hadn't thought of that... and really hope that wasn't the case.

Thanks Cazzie! Did they find the dog, Tanner? I had read on another thread he was found at the scene....ugh...Such a sad sad case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member