GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Cazzie! Did they find the dog, Tanner? I had read on another thread he was found at the scene....ugh...Such a sad sad case!

Tanner was found with the rest of the family, in the tree :(

Hi everyone- I'm new here (first post); I have been a long time reader of the forums here, but this case brought the urge to post out in me. It's so tragic...

Prayers and thoughts to the family...
:Welcome-12-june:

Thanks Cazzie! Did they find the dog, Tanner? I had read on another thread he was found at the scene....ugh...Such a sad sad case!

I'm sorry but I read that the dog was found in the tree also.
Let me find the link. BRB.

There's a shuttle...I think he either used that or a bicycle. But no LE announcement of finding a bicycle.

Someone suggested that maybe Kody had a bike. :(

Oh a shuttle, hmmmm. I guess we will get more information as the weeks goes on.

I missed NG tonight so its repeated soon.

I'll never look at trees the same way ever again.

Nancy G show explaining allot tonight.
autospies done today.
GJ needs COD and to tie MH to the 3.
MH releived when cops raided his home.
Told mom so Sarah could be found???
He is a sexual saddist.
MH has him on suicide watch, extra precaution.
All killed in the home, tarp, garbage bags found at home
and tarp found in woods.
receipt was found and helped get Sarah.
Maybe receipt was at the victims home.
Lots of blood found in victim's home.

BBM and red too.

I tried to find an article that talked about Hoffman telling his mom anything about Sarah ... no luck.

<modsnip>

I apologize if this was asked already.... but the blood in the house has to mean they were killed there right?

I told my husband about this and the first thing he asked was- they weren't dropped in the tree alive were they?

I hadn't thought of that... and really hope that wasn't the case.
No, LE has said that they were all killed, even Tanner (their dog) at Tina's house.

What size of a dog was Tanner???

I noticed that MH didn't seem to have any visable bites, scratches.
He must of taken them all by surprise???

Nancy G show explaining allot tonight.
autospies done today.
GJ needs COD and to tie MH to the 3.
MH releived when cops raided his home.
Told mom so Sarah could be found???He is a sexual saddist.
MH has him on suicide watch, extra precaution.
All killed in the home, tarp, garbage bags found at home
and tarp found in woods.
receipt was found and helped get Sarah.
Maybe receipt was at the victims home.
Lots of blood found in victim's home.

I was typing so fast as to what they were saying on TV.
This didn't come out right.

I took it that he told his mom that he was relieved the LE raided his house and glad Sarah could be found.

Really wierd kills 3 people and a dog but relieved that Sarah is alright........

BBM and red too.

I tried to find an article that talked about Hoffman telling his mom anything about Sarah ... no luck.

<modsnip>

Noway, please see my post above, I tried to crrect it better.
NG will have transcripts and Patty G usually has a video up later.

Oh a shuttle, hmmmm. I guess we will get more information as the weeks goes on.

I missed NG tonight so its repeated soon.

I'll never look at trees the same way ever again.
trigger, I posted that I love trees...love hollow trees...just don't know when I'll be able to think of them or see them without thinking about this abomination.

For years I have "joked" about tree killers...those that chop trees down for mucho profit or for convenience...even though I have wood and use wood, but I don't waste it.

Ugh...getting sad again.

Here's a bright note. :) If you haven't already, read the book "The Legacy of Luna". It's about a courageous young woman who lived in a giant redwood for a year...so it wouldn't be cut down for lumber. That book changed me forever, in a very good way.

MH's penchant for using trees to spy on people and stalk people is the total opposite of this woman's love and honoring of trees. I don't recall her name (shame on me).

IIRC, no one reported seeing any strange cars parked at Tina Herrmann's home on Wed or Thurs. That means MH had to have parked elsewhere and walked to the home. Whatever supplies he brought with him, he had to have carried them with him. He must have been hiding in the woods next to their home, watching, perhaps even stashing supplies there - tarps, garbage bags, weapon, ties for binding, etc.

I'm still amazed at how bold he was, to carry out such a horrific crime over an extended period of time, w/o being seen.

Respectfully, there are any number of scenarios to explain this.

He could have committed the murders with just a weapon (even a knife he found in the home is possible), and made several trips to pick up additional supplies. He could have used either women's vehicles if he didn't have his.

Does anyone have that aerial photo of Tina's house? Was there somewhere he could have parked his own car where it wouldn't be seen from the road?

He could have initially parked his car in the garage before SS got there and switched them later.

If the keys were in the house for the unidentified truck parked in the driveway, he could have used that.

In other words, once there was no one to resist, he may have had his choice of three vehicles besides his own.

I wish we knew the date on the WalMart receipt. It's possible that he killed the two women and hid them in the house. When the kids arrived home, he restrained and gagged Sarah, killed Kody, then drove to WalMart for the garbage bags and tarp. Then he returned to remove them and take Sarah to his house.

Does anyone know whether it was an especially overcast day on Wednesday? If it wasn't, there would be no need to have the lights on in the house. So, if the lights were on when VH drove by, that would indicate that MH was still in the house after sundown. It would be a safe bet that only Sarah was still alive by that time. MH had at least all of Wednesday, the whole night and even part of Thursday to go back and forth to that house before the DQ manager actually entered the house.

And then there is the unexplained presence of TH's vehicle parked across from the campus on Thursday. Can't figure that one out. I wonder if it was examined to be mechanically sound. Could it have broken down or run out of gas there? (I'm also mystified why the media calls an SUV a pickup truck over and over again.)

I'm also not discounting that MH met up with SS and they went to the house together in her truck.

JMO

I apologize if this was asked already.... but the blood in the house has to mean they were killed there right?

I told my husband about this and the first thing he asked was- they weren't dropped in the tree alive were they?

I hadn't thought of that... and really hope that wasn't the case.

No, they were in garbage bags :(

The Walmart purchases were made before Tina and the others went missing. IIRC

I'll find link.

ETA

I'll keep looking but the first three articles I found now say (in one way or another):

Trash bags, tarps, a T-shirt and a deli sandwich. Those are the four items kidnapping suspect Matthew Hoffman, 30, recently bought at a Wal-Mart, according to a receipt found by the Knox County Sheriff's Office.

"A T-shirt, trash bags, the tarps and a deli sandwich," Sheriff Dave Barber said. He would not say when the items were bought, though.

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_7724.shtml?wap=0

.....still CANNOT FIND THIS DANG PICTURE.

so have come to the conclusion that it HAS GOT TO BE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TWO:

1) for whatever reason(and I can't think of any particular reason off the top of my head) the picture that I saw has been removed and/or deleted??

OR

2) at this point am considering that I guess it could be possible I dreamed this. But could swear that I DID NOT.

It is a specific picture that I cannot locate that is an upclose view(either literally taken at close range or zoom lens) with great clarity and detail. Mainly the trunk of tree visible and there were definitely 3 or 4(not positive if it was 3 or was it 4. But do know it was NO LESS THAN 3 and it was NO MORE THAN 4)..black extra large sized garbage bags(the very thick and durable type) appeared to be almost filled and each looked as if the bag itself was tied in knot on top of each bag. And all 3-4 of these bags were clearly visible and located directly in front of the large tree(with trunk being what is mainly visible in pic).

Hi Smooth.... I think I know the picture you are talking about. It was on Nancy Grace last night. I do not think it was a picture of the actual crime scene. I remember when it popped on the screen, I was sitting in my livng room and looked at my husband and said "WTF"!!!! It was a VERY clear picture of a tree with a large hollowed hole in the bottom of it, and there were at least 2-3 large garbage bags on either side of it. It looked photo-shoped to me. I remember telling my husband about Nancy Grace making it into Tricia's Wall of Shame at that point in time. I have not seen any similar legitimate picture anywhere in MSM. LE would not have removed the black garbage bags and lined them up beside the tree like that. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loutrecygne7