GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also - I would love to see more pictures of Kody. All I've seen is the one. And was he 11 or 10?? I've seen both. I'm a single mom with 3 kids, 19, 17 and 9. This is just heartbreaking.

I have so many questions and I want answers now!! Am I the only one like this?? I keep refreshing this thread every 5 minutes!!

No girl.... I am right there refreshing every 3 minutes!!! :crazy:

I'm in Ohio, about an hour SW from all of this, and there is no way those leaves would do anything for insulation. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe they are from the trees of other victims. I do not think this was his first time, unfortunately.

Being from an area similar to this case (small, quiet, "SAFE"), it just hit too close to home for me. I hate this for the families, for their community, and for the children, who know that monsters really do exist now.

After a week of lurking, and now that I’m part of Web Sleuths, I have to say I totally agree with the thought about how this tragedy affects all of the community. It is a terrible loss of innocence for all… not just the peers of Kody and Sarah, but for all children who have become aware of what has happened in the last week, and all those others in the community who no longer feel as safe as they once did. My prayers to all.

I feel privileged to have had an insight into the thoughts of so many caring people this past week. I, like many others, will certainly want to know the reasons why. I do, however, take comfort in knowing that there are many others who feel the same as I do.

Thanks to you all,

Wil
:twocents:
IMHO

I agree! Gosh, the BTK killer still creeps me out so much! *shudder* Everyone should keep their doors locked during the day when they are home alone.

My husband and I were recalling Cary Stayner, too, the guy who was able to get into a hotel room with a woman and two teenage girls in Yosemite and overpower them. He also killed a fourth woman and I believe buried her in the woods.

He was a nature nut too, loving to go out and spy on people in Yosemite. He was also obsessed with Bigfoot, so he and Squirrel-Boy might have something in common.
Agree. Even before we knew anything about MH the case reminded me of Cary Stayner... overpowering, in his case, a grown woman and two teenage girls in a motel room. What a nutjob. I am thinking MH has done this before... I don't think it is his first time, and I do think he is a sociopath.

I feel for all the families so much. Especially for Sarah. I saw an article online which quoted LE as saying that Sarah last saw all parties concerned on Wednesday. They also quoted LE as saying that the 3 victims all were killed in the Herrmann home. This leads me to believe that Sarah may have seen at least one of the murders of her family members. :banghead: I think now that they have recovered the bodies, we should take the suicide gown off and let him have at it. He will only be a waste of our taxpayers money.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/11/18/Bodies-found-are-3-missing-Ohioans/UPI-84811290126303/

I do not know how reliable this news source is? But it is the first I have read of the bodies being dismembered.

Could be poor reporting. If not, possibly the Topix posts were true. This person is a beast, I do not care how much remorse he may feel, ever!

"The bodies of Tina Herrmann, 32; her 11-year-old son, Kody Maynard; and family friend Stephanie Sprang, 41, were found dismembered "in a wooded area inside of garbage bags in a hollow tree" near Fredericktown"
UPI News

After a week of lurking, and now that I’m part of Web Sleuths, I have to say I totally agree with the thought about how this tragedy affects all of the community. It is a terrible loss of innocence for all… not just the peers of Kody and Sarah, but for all children who have become aware of what has happened in the last week, and all those others in the community who no longer feel as safe as they once did. My prayers to all.

I feel privileged to have had an insight into the thoughts of so many caring people this past week. I, like many others, will certainly want to know the reasons why. I do, however, take comfort in knowing that there are many others who feel the same as I do.

Thanks to you all,

Wil
:twocents:
IMHO

:Welcome-12-june:

Someone was saying there was another post on topix b4 they found the bodies about doing almost exactly what he did, hoisting them up and dropping them in a tree...did anyone else see this there??

we should take the suicide gown off and let him have at it. He will only be a waste of our taxpayers money.
---------
I'd be glad to loan him a knife!

I don't think he's suicidal at all --- I think he wants to be kept away from other inmates. That's a small area and other inmates are surely upset....kwim??

Idk, the tree hollow sure didnt look very big in that pic upthread. I hope it actually was big enough and that he did need a hoist.

That sure took alot of unnecessary effort, dontcha think? Makes me question any ulterior motives re: why he started working out again in October after laying off the gym for the summer. :waitasec:

I lay off the gym in the summer cause I enjoy jogging, hiking and being outdoors... when the weather gets bad, I am forced to go back to the gym. I also jog after work, and as a woman, when the daylight savings goes away, I will not jog in the dark.

I know a lot of folks who skip the gym in the summer to work out outdoors, so I don't find this suspicious.

Well - I can tell you this - those bodies would have never been found. And why did he lay out of the gym during the summer? What the heck was he doing then??

He reminds me of Joseph Duncan in ways - he camped in the woods to stay off radar. And what he put Shasta through -- unspeakable.

I want hear more from the ex gf, although we probably won't. I have commented on both facebook pages, I am wearing a purple shirt today - I wish there was more I could do.

Could they still locate the bodies with search dogs? I mean they can find bodies that have been buried for years with dogs. It is scary to think that somebody could get away with murder in a way like this.

I don't think he's suicidal at all --- I think he wants to be kept away from other inmates. That's a small area and other inmates are surely upset....kwim??

He may have extreme social anxiety... which may partially explain going to the gym 25 minutes before it closes and being glad Sarah could go home (thus get her out of his space). Sigh...dude is just sooo beyond weird.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/11/18/Bodies-found-are-3-missing-Ohioans/UPI-84811290126303/

I do not know how reliable this news source is? But it is the first I have read of the bodies being dismembered.

Could be poor reporting. If not, possibly the Topix posts were true. This person is a beast, I do not care how much remorse he may feel, ever!

"The bodies of Tina Herrmann, 32; her 11-year-old son, Kody Maynard; and family friend Stephanie Sprang, 41, were found dismembered "in a wooded area inside of garbage bags in a hollow tree" near Fredericktown"
UPI News

DEAR LORD!! I suspected as much, but how horrible to actually read it.... I don't know about everyone else, but while I am reading this stuff, I have constant chills. It is just beyond comprehension.

I lay off the gym in the summer cause I enjoy jogging, hiking and being outdoors... when the weather gets bad, I am forced to go back to the gym. I also jog after work, and as a woman, when the daylight savings goes away, I will not jog in the dark.

I know a lot of folks who skip the gym in the summer to work out outdoors, so I don't find this suspicious.

I always switched from running to swimming during summer back when i could still run... texas summers are too brutal for running, I just switched from the pool to the gym myself.

But why do you think he started going again 6 weeks ago? I was just wondering if it was that premeditated.

Could they still locate the bodies with search dogs? I mean they can find bodies that have been buried for years with dogs. It is scary to think that somebody could get away with murder in a way like this.
Yes, I am sure that they would have been found eventually.

Cadaver dogs can even detect a body under concrete. It all depends on if they would have taken cadaver dogs to that location (and I think they would have).

Just the other day (Tuesday and/or Wednesday?) EMA had 80 dogs out searching. Prior to that, there were several times that dogs went out searching (not as many at a time, though).

I'm not sure of this, but wasn't this the area where a local reported either seeing a dark, speeding truck and/or the parked light-colored truck? It's been hard to keep it all straight due to MSM messing up so many of the so-called details.

And just given not finding them closer to the homes, it's my opinion that they would have branched out in ever-widening circles. They weren't going to give up.

YEP, I kwym. He is prolly too narcissistic for suicide.

YEP, I kwym. He is prolly too narcissistic for suicide.

I don't see him as suicidal either. I also think he wanted them found. Somehow like the typical arsonist (which he's not, but still) wants to watch his fire destroy. I think he wants what he did to be known.

It was discussed before about his strategy, or mainipulating LE, can't remember exactly how it was worded. But I think he wants to be weird somehow, I'm probably not making sense...

Evil also :sick:

Another thought. Wonder if his habit of hiking out with bags and returning without them was so people wouldn't think twice if he took off with, say a garbage bag? And returned without it?

I think he wanted them found too Tikki. I just dont get why he went to all that trouble and then told them. I guess it fits the narcissistic profile, in that he thinks that's something to boast about, like see how smart I am, good thing you had me to tell you. Who knows.

Ronso -
Hoffman has two sibblings also? Do they live in the area too?
It will be hard for all the families involved, poor people.

Some people have even changed their last names, after a relative commits a crime like this.

He's got an older brother and sister and they both live in the area.

I always switched from running to swimming during summer back when i could still run... texas summers are too brutal for running, I just switched from the pool to the gym myself.

But why do you think he started going again 6 weeks ago? I was just wondering if it was that premeditated.

Hmm... don't know. I keep going back to the GMA interview with SS's father who said that she mentioned that she had a feeling she was being stalked. And she cleaned at the gym? I had suspicions he was after one of the two women, not Sarah, especially how this all went down AND that sarah was found in pretty good condition (I don't think a pedophile would have gone to all this trouble, and if he did, I think Sarah would have been in far worse shape). I think it was Stephanie... I think he was stalking her. I think she knowingly or unknowingly rebuffed him and he went beserk..

If he was after SS, I can only think of a few reasons he would have involved the Herrmann family- one is that he was acquainted with SS, and went with her over to TH's house, and the other is that he chose to attack there because TH's house was in a more remote area. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nocturnalmeee