GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thought grayjay, I had actually wondered about some sort of biological explanation for this nut job. CJD (Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease) is a HORRIBLE disease that is essentially 100% fatal and has a very rapid onset with symptoms of gait imbalances, mental confusion, etc. It is a prion disease sort of like Mad Cow disease, but not exactly the same. Anyways, MH was a monster years ago because of the fires he started in Colorado. Therefore, I think his consumption of squirrels is related to some sort of fetish he had with squirrels, trees, leaves, and harming other beings.

I wonder if he wasn't working on his insanity defense by collecting leaves. He appears to be a planner.

When I read CB's post over on topix my impression was that he was just speculating and trying to imagine how someone with MH's apparent background/history would think. JMO

There are several known variants of CJD. These variants differ somewhat in the symptoms and course of the disease. For example, a variant form of the disease-called new variant or variant (nv-CJD, v-CJD), described in Great Britain and France-begins primarily with psychiatric symptoms, affects younger individuals than other types of CJD, and has a longer than usual duration from onset of symptoms to death.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/cjd/detail_cjd.htm

It would be like explaining a lot of other mental problems, I suppose. Not even that it matters. But there are many things we don't know about holes in the brain, no matter the causes. The whole squirrel thing is still bothering me. He seems pretty squirrel crazy to me.

(BBM)
It is a big jump from arson to this brutal crime involving so many victims. I don't know much about arson but I'm thinking you pour some accelerant and throw a match. This crime involved alot more. He watched them and planned. He had to have known how he was going to subdue them, how he was going to kill them, and where he would hide the bodies. I am fairly certain he didn't wonder around in the dark looking for a good hiding spot. How does one go from arson to violently killing three people and no fire was involved? He either skipped some steps in his criminal life or there are other victims. JMO

Afraid to say that I agree with the latter. After looking at the number of missing adults, not to mention the number of teens (14 -16, listed as runaways...) who've gone missing over the past year in several neighboring counties, It's possible they may have found a serial killer. If true, bodies will soon become bargaining chips. MOO ~

I wonder if he wasn't working on his insanity defense by collecting leaves. He appears to be a planner.

McDraw, I also think there are probably other victims. I wish we had more of a handle on MH's life between Colorado and Ohio!!! I believe that his collection of leaves and hanging them around his home in garbage bags was related to a psychosis that will not excuse him from his actions. I really think he was creating a "nest" in a "tree" for himself. I can't get inside the head of someone who wants to be a squirrel, and plans in advance to murder 3 innocent people so he can collect a 4th person in his nest! :waitasec:

When I read CB's post over on topix my impression was that he was just speculating and trying to imagine how someone with MH's apparent background/history would think. JMO

I just googled CB, and found some recent posts on topix.... he has never been to Ohio, he is in Atlanta. Evidently there has been some fuss over his comments, and he was afraid (and amused) he'd be talked about on Nancy Grace! He posted a link to his photo, and he's young-ish.

Someone else on topix had the same thought about MH possibly disposing of the dogs in a hollow tree, as well. I am thinking that he might have been fantasizing about killing people and hiding the bodies that way for some time, maybe it was the motive for the horrific crime. Creepy, and including the poor min-pin Tanner would tie it to already disposing of the other dogs.... just speculation.

Apparently, it was MH's girlfriend's dogs that went missing during a short time she was away, right? I read about this in several reports, and made a mental note, but I don't have a link to anything. I know I read a link on topix :innocent: that said something about her questioning him upon her return, and he told her that he had given one of them away, and the other one ran away. She then found pictures on his cell phone :eek: that made her think differently.

Apparently, it was MH's girlfriend's dog that went missing during a short time she was away, right? I read about this in several reports, and made a mental note, but I don't have a link to anything. I know I read a link on topix :innocent: that said something about her questioning him upon her return, and he told her that he had given one of them away, and the other one ran away. She then found pictures on his cell phone :eek: that made her think differently.

2 dogs

I read on one of the many links that when the gf came back and her dogs were gone he kept changing the story of what happened to them and it didn't make sense.... maybe this came from that neighbor who kept talking to the media? What do you mean about pictures on the cellphone, Reannan? Elaborate, please!

I've been lurking here for days, and while reading now just had a thought about whether MH had ever had practice with hiding bodies in hollow trees: The two dogs of his which disappeared.... Maybe he hid the dogs' bodies that way. Maybe as practice for disposing of human bodies, or maybe just to hide the dogs' bodies, and it gave him the idea. When the searchers checked the area where there were vultures overhead, I wonder if they'd find the dogs in a hollow tree there now? Also, the "Catfish Billy" person who seemed to "know" about hollow trees.... I wonder if it's possible that MH told someone about getting rid of the dogs that way, and that poster was haunted by the thought that MH could have done the same with his human victims? Just a thought....

Good point! That could very likely be how he got rid of the two dogs his former girlfriend talked about. If there's any other missing people from the area, that may be a possibility.

Gosh, Doberman1!!!! I am SO glad to have someone here that actually knew him! I really need to understand what happened.... what went wrong. Have you had any contact with him in the last year???

McDraw, I also think there are probably other victims. I wish we had more of a handle on MH's life between Colorado and Ohio!!! I believe that his collection of leaves and hanging them around his home in garbage bags was related to a psychosis that will not excuse him from his actions. I really think he was creating a "nest" in a "tree" for himself. I can't get inside the head of someone who wants to be a squirrel, and plans in advance to murder 3 innocent people so he can collect a 4th person in his nest! :waitasec:

He may have some kind of psychosis or he could have been building himself a defense. I wonder when he became so fascinated by trees and leaves, if it was about the same time the family felt they were being watched?

Sometime back, one of our good members posted links to all of Sheriff Barber's pressers about this case. I would really like to listen to them all over again, but can't figure out how to find the links. Can someone help, please? TIA

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/video/10tv.html

If you scroll down to "Sheriff Speaks", that is the 1st one, outside THs home. You can then work your way back up the list.
I found 10tv to be the most reliable local news on this story. They avoided speculating, and seemed to try to word things correctly.

ETA: Back up to "4 Missing" before the "Sheriff Speaks", for the beginning of 10TV's coverage.

Good point! That could very likely be how he got rid of the two dogs his former girlfriend talked about. If there's any other missing people from the area, that may be a possibility.

That's why I wonder of the vultures that were circling that pointed to one of the places searched could be where the dogs are, possibly, in a hollow tree. If I lived there I'd go out on my own looking. I think it was a wooded area. When searchers went there, I think they found nada... no mention of visible dead deer or other wild animal carcass as the cause...

Sometime back, one of our good members posted links to all of Sheriff Barber's pressers about this case. I would really like to listen to them all over again, but can't figure out how to find the links. Can someone help, please? TIA

I hope this works........I saved the links to a Word document:

[FONT=&quot]Audio from Sheriff Barber’s press conference [/FONT](9:09) November 17, 2010[FONT=&quot]
Audio from Sheriff Barber’s press conference [/FONT](13:48) November 16, 2010[FONT=&quot]
Audio from Sheriff Barber’s press conference [/FONT](26:47) November 15, 2010[FONT=&quot]
Audio from Sheriff Barber’s press conference [/FONT](12:56) November 13, 2010

If LE could find out more about the dogs, and it turned out he Did kill and hide them this way then it would certainly point to motive and premeditation.

I read on one of the many links that when the gf came back and her dogs were gone he kept changing the story of what happened to them and it didn't make sense.... maybe this came from that neighbor who kept talking to the media? What do you mean about pictures on the cellphone, Reannan? Elaborate, please!

I wish I could.... it was a comment someone had left over on topix. It had a "feel" to it that they really knew what they were talking about. I usually pull up my MS Word and save these things for future reference. Heaven help me if I am ever accused of a crime because of all the stuff I have saved!!! :eek: Something is wrong with my MS Word right now, and it crashed and was "Not Responding", so I don't have a link. :eek:

That's why I wonder of the vultures that were circling that pointed to one of the places searched could be where the dogs are, possibly, in a hollow tree. If I lived there I'd go out on my own looking. I think it was a wooded area. When searchers went there, I think they found nada... no mention of visible dead deer or other wild animal carcass as the cause...

Many deer and other wildlife out here. I have a pack of deer that crosses through my backyard regularly. The vultures could have been circling anything. I've seen them off and on myself (not there, but other spots).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper