GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: CKay's post: Her shift was to begin a 4 p.m.

That's the first time I've heard a time for her shift to start---that's interesting because the kids supposedly got dropped off a 4:30pm by the bus so if 4pm turns out to be accurate wonder if TH and possibly SS were already incapacitated in some way by him (as has been suggested/speculated by many posters already)?

I just googled CB, and found some recent posts on topix.... he has never been to Ohio, he is in Atlanta. Evidently there has been some fuss over his comments, and he was afraid (and amused) he'd be talked about on Nancy Grace! He posted a link to his photo, and he's young-ish.

Someone else on topix had the same thought about MH possibly disposing of the dogs in a hollow tree, as well. I am thinking that he might have been fantasizing about killing people and hiding the bodies that way for some time, maybe it was the motive for the horrific crime. Creepy, and including the poor min-pin Tanner would tie it to already disposing of the other dogs.... just speculation.

We speculated about it on here as well. Glad it didn't make it to any media...! When I first posted it, I had already started to post it the day before that but canceled my post because I kept thinking, "All my WS buddies will think I'm nuts." :redface: So I really do think it was just speculation: tree trimmer, sits in trees, etc. Someone else - besides CB - posted it as well somewhere.

I had a thought tonight-could this have been a "warning" to his ex-gf?
Had he ever threatened her?
I can see his insane mind saying "look what I did, I can do this to you"
^i^

From what's been reported in MSM, Hoffman was violent with her (late October) & she left w/ her son...it was reported that she left a couple weeks before the family's disappearance so sounds like she left soon after he choked her.

Thank goodness she left w/ her child before she or the little one became vics themselves.

Jack Levin said "violent crimes often occur after the perpetrator has had a loss, such as being fired from a job or the breakup of a relationship. Those who knew Hoffman said he recently had both."

I think Hoffman had some wicked fantasy for years - and perfected his plan, obsessing on it - then acted on it when he had nothing left to lose.

I never had contact with him. Just heard from another buddy few years back that he was released from prison. only going by what I have heard in the past few weeks as to how I think he has gotten crazier. I do belive he has killed a bunch of dogs/small animals. choked out his girl. signs of deep seeded anger. like that tommy kid in butterfly effect. All I know is this is crazy, and way to close to home. Lots of fires near here, last year we had jean davis unsolved murder, tons of burgleries, all of this crap going on within 10 miles from my home, hoffmans home is 4 mi from my house, the valley is like 9, gambier 4 mi, and actually we were living .5 mi from him just a year ago, down the road off columbus rd....craazy

sry...96 is when I moved here, went to east knox, and career center just like him...graduated one year behind him, had friends that hung out with him, etc

That's the first time I've heard a time for her shift to start---that's interesting because the kids supposedly got dropped off a 4:30pm by the bus so if 4pm turns out to be accurate wonder if TH and possibly SS were already incapacitated in some way by him (as has been suggested/speculated by many posters already)?

Now that's a really viable theory there. Maybe Steph was supposed to come over, visit with TH, be home when the kids got there since TH had to go to work. Maybe they had been out looking at apts.

Hmmm...

BUT... the sheriff said in the presser that the last time Sarah saw Steph was Tuesday. But she did see MH for the first time at the home with her mother and brother. I think SS came over later - like maybe the plan was that the kids would be okay on their own until suppertime, dark, etc. So I bet she came over later. By that time, Sarah was already sequestered elsewhere and never saw Steph.

...(snipped)...
This is the devil himself, I do believe.

That's the part that I can't get over. He looks so NORMAL. He looks like the kind of guy that you'd turn to if you needed help - like you could trust him. I can envision a female at a truck stop or somewhere, afraid of someone else who looked creepy/made comments/etc --- and seeing MH walk by and ask, "Hey, will you just walk with me to my car" or "Hey, will you stay right there until I get to my car" b/c "That dude over there is freaking me out and I don't want to walk by alone in the dark." Something along those lines. KWIM? He looks like the guy next door, in passing.

I never had contact with him. Just heard from another buddy few years back that he was released from prison. only going by what I have heard in the past few weeks as to how I think he has gotten crazier. I do belive he has killed a bunch of dogs/small animals. choked out his girl. signs of deep seeded anger. like that tommy kid in butterfly effect. All I know is this is crazy, and way to close to home. Lots of fires near here, last year we had jean davis unsolved murder, tons of burgleries, all of this crap going on within 10 miles from my home, hoffmans home is 4 mi from my house, the valley is like 9, gambier 4 mi, and actually we were living .5 mi from him just a year ago, down the road off columbus rd....craazy

sry...96 is when I moved here, went to east knox, and career center just like him...graduated one year behind him, had friends that hung out with him, etc

Live in Apple Valley, not all that far from the scene.

Yes, lots of fires in this area also. Haven't researched specifics, other than to wonder about a possible link with the recent downtown fire, a week or so before all this happened. Too traumatized atm to go there.

Glad I can say that I didn't know him. I haven't lived here all that long myself, so I did not know the victims either ... but it is very sad, horrific (I could go on with adjectives, but I'm sure you get the picture too).

I keep going back to what few facts we know. We have heard that the house was a complete mess with beer cans everywhere. I believe MH came over there sometime after she made the call about walking the dog. It wouldn't be too hard to incapacitate a single female who answered the door to a stranger. The kids got off the bus around 4:30. Not hard to incapicitate them either because they see Mom tied up. SS must have arrived shortly after the kids if Sarah never saw her there. Horrible, horrible, horrible... :furious::furious::furious:

Wouldn't the cop who ran into MH later that evening while sitting in his car, walked over and ID'd him....he would have smelled the beers! Knox county don't skip a beat when it comes to dui's! And how did he stay clean enough to be running around at Wal-Mart and being seen by cops?

M.S. and H.S. Class Hours 7:35—2:20
Kody and Sarah would have gone to the Middle School. The schools aren't far away, so it depends on the bus route (on their arrival time).

http://www.ekschools.com/20571082481...ugust_2010.pdf

Wouldn't the cop who ran into MH later that evening while sitting in his car, walked over and ID'd him....he would have smelled the beers! Knox county don't skip a beat when it comes to dui's! And how did he stay clean enough to be running around at Wal-Mart and being seen by cops?

We're not sure exactly when LE questioned MH in that parking area, or when he went to Walmart exactly. Sheriff Barber has kept that timing secret.

If he had drank most of the beer sometime between 11:30 and 4:30, and then got all hyped up on adrenalin I don't think the cop would have noticed anything unusual.... except that he was just sitting in his car watching a vehicle that was now a part of a crime. :waitasec: It would be interesting to know of MH was much of a party person before this crime? Did he and his girlfriend go out with friends?

M.S. and H.S. Class Hours 7:35—2:20
Kody and Sarah would have gone to the Middle School. The schools aren't far away, so it depends on the bus route (on their arrival time).

http://www.ekschools.com/20571082481...ugust_2010.pdf

So I wonder if the 4:30 bus drop-off time I've seen isn't accurate then? (just read this on forums---can't recall if there's been any specific verification on the kids' drop-off time)?

Thanks so much CKay for the info!

That's the part that I can't get over. He looks so NORMAL. He looks like the kind of guy that you'd turn to if you needed help - like you could trust him. I can envision a female at a truck stop or somewhere, afraid of someone else who looked creepy/made comments/etc --- and seeing MH walk by and ask, "Hey, will you just walk with me to my car" or "Hey, will you stay right there until I get to my car" b/c "That dude over there is freaking me out and I don't want to walk by alone in the dark." Something along those lines. KWIM? He looks like the guy next door, in passing.

Yes very scary. :/ You just never know.

i did not think the truck was at the bike tril at the same time as hoffman and his car. I thought it was just him in his car sitting, then later the truck showed up and stayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maxwell'sSilverHammer