GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE could find out more about the dogs, and it turned out he Did kill and hide them this way then it would certainly point to motive and premeditation.

I think they have enough evidence to prove premeditaion. I'm not sure they will ever know the motive unless Hoffman tells.

Many deer and other wildlife out here. I have a pack of deer that crosses through my backyard regularly. The vultures could have been circling anything. I've seen them off and on myself (not there, but other spots).

We have vultures here, too.... not a ton of land and wildlife like Ohio (my home state), and I often see them just soaring in the thermals. Thanks for the info & insight.

Look for petite blondes. Local chatter was saying that Sarah resembled MH's ex-girlfriend so that's possibly his "type."

Although this may have been MH's first time killing people, I suspect he's been killing animals* for awhile.

*killing for pleasure, not hunting for food.

I belive it waas his first. I ate lunch with the kid, he grew up here, graduated from highschool with him. first crim no, but first murder yes. he was locked up along time, and has been back here ever since, just becoming crazier

Ann Rule (famous author) volunteered on suicide prevention with Ted Bundy.
These guys can fool anyone.
PLEASE share what you know.
I may be wrong on my feeling of MH being a serial murderer.
How did MH get crazier? and do you have an idea why?
What was he like with women???

I wish I could.... it was a comment someone had left over on topix. It had a "feel" to it that they really knew what they were talking about. I usually pull up my MS Word and save these things for future reference. Heaven help me if I am ever accused of a crime because of all the stuff I have saved!!! :eek: Something is wrong with my MS Word right now, and it crashed and was "Not Responding", so I don't have a link. :eek:

LOL... on the stuff you've saved...

I suppose I could try to find it myself with some creative search-term word combos. If I do, I'll post it.

I wish I could.... it was a comment someone had left over on topix. It had a "feel" to it that they really knew what they were talking about. I usually pull up my MS Word and save these things for future reference. Heaven help me if I am ever accused of a crime because of all the stuff I have saved!!! :eek: Something is wrong with my MS Word right now, and it crashed and was "Not Responding", so I don't have a link. :eek:

does this help? - post 128

http://www.topix.com/forum/source/wbns/T73CJRH66IB46JCIU/p6

I wish Catfish Billy would join us here at WS's. I think he would be a great asset! I think he simply had great insight.

We don't know that he hasn't. Or that he hasn't been here all along. In all the cases I've followed, I couldn't help but notice similar (if not identical) remarks made on WS, FB, and comments under media articles. People use different user names. I've got a Facebook account and have posted comments on media sites, but I don't use the same nick. (I'm not CB! ;))

JMO

Posted: 11/20/2010 8:51:34 PM
Community shows support for survivors of Herrmann, Sprang

MOUNT VERNON – Traffic was backed up from the entrance of Knox Village Square to the Dairy Queen drive thru at several points today as community members turned out for a promotion to benefit the survivors of a triple homicide that has scarred Knox County.

It was announced Friday on Facebook that DQ Grill & Chill would donate $1 from every Blizzard ice cream treat to a trust fund that will go to help the families of Tina Herrmann and Stephanie Sprang.
snipped.....

As of 7:30, more than 1,700 Blizzards had been sold and more than $1,800 in cash donations given. Half the money will be given to Herrmann’s 13-year-old daughter, Sarah Maynard, and the other half to the children of Sprang.

more at link
http://www.knoxpages.com/?NewsID=8189&CatID=1

Found it, using search terms: "topix dogs Hoffman girlfriend cellphone"

It's post #122 on November 18th. It's pretty much as you remembered it, with no more details.

I have just fallen in love with that community! It sounds like a wonderful place to live, such heartwarming people!

I'm sorry if some of this has been addressed, but I have limited computer access until Wednesday and can't keep up with everything.

Some questions:

(1) Why would Tina phone GB to tell him that she fed the dog at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, if he wasn't due back home until Thursday afternoon? This is especially puzzling if SS was supposed to be baby-sitting that night.

(2) What time was Tina's shift to begin that Wednesday? I can't find references to a specific time.

(3) I wonder what MH was doing on Friday and Saturday. Presumably by then he was finished disposing of the bodies (UGH! Sorry!) It's hard to believe that he was planning to spend the winter in that house with no electricity or heat and a hostage in his basement. Was he planning to run off somewhere and take Sarah with him? Was he trying to get money to do this? Contacting family or friends, asking for a loan?

Ideas, thoughts, answers appreciated.

TIA

Sorry, but I still don't get it. :waitasec:

Amysmom, Thank heavens we don't have to get it.

My grandfather was murdered when my mom was just a pre-teen. My mom is now in her 70's and she never was in any mode except being angry, PO'd, sometimes seeking vengence, sometimes just utterly sad. There was no forgiveness. Nobody in my mom's family attended the trial save for one Uncle who was in the press saying he wanted to pull the switch on all of them himself. My grandmom said none of that would bring Pop back.

Sorry to go into it and in no way at all was that anything remotely done to these poor people. I do not get it either. Everyone is different. I mean I can't even begin to fathom this in my worse nightmare.

It's not ours to "get" I don't think. It's up to the people that love these women and little boy to deal the way they want. Unimagineable.

In order to post on the thread as a player in the case with possible inside information, you need to be verified by Tricia Griffith, the owner of WS. I will link you to the email addy that you need to use:

wsverify@xmission.com
Please include:

The case
Their Websleuths name
Their phone number and a good time to call
Their real name.

Until then we need to ask you not to post as if she has verified your ID.

I think other crimes definately need to be looked at again. Maybe this was his first murder but maybe it was his second or third. Im wondering if he hid the bodies so well because he made the mistake of not hiding others well enough. Another part of me wonders how many bodies we have in hollowed out trees. I will never look at a tree the same again. Ugh.

IMO They are going to find more victims, they should check young girl runaways or missing in the area.This crime is too sick,evil and twisted for it to be his first killing crime.It has total shattered my sense of security and I live in NJ, I do not know how the families and the community can ever get it back.My heart breaks for these victims and their families.Sara is one lucky girl, I just pray she can recover from the nightmare of what Hoffman did to her and her family and her friend.

According to this, MH was convicted in 2001 (between age of 20-21 at time) and released in January 2007 from CDOC (between age of 26-27). There most certainly could have been victims prior to, and following his incarceration. Does anybody know when exactly MH moved to Colorado from Ohio? TIA!

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16618467

I'm sorry if some of this has been addressed, but I have limited computer access until Wednesday and can't keep up with everything.

Some questions:

(1) Why would Tina phone GB to tell him that she fed the dog at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, if he wasn't due back home until Thursday afternoon? This is especially puzzling if SS was supposed to be baby-sitting that night.

(2) What time was Tina's shift to begin that Wednesday? I can't find references to a specific time.

(3) I wonder what MH was doing on Friday and Saturday. Presumably by then he was finished disposing of the bodies (UGH! Sorry!) It's hard to believe that he was planning to spend the winter in that house with no electricity or heat and a hostage in his basement. Was he planning to run off somewhere and take Sarah with him? Was he trying to get money to do this? Contacting family or friends, asking for a loan?

Ideas, thoughts, answers appreciated.

TIA

Her shift was to begin a 4 p.m.
Why the text about the dog >>> not sure, don't think he said.
I don't even want to think about the last question right now. :(

I think they have enough evidence to prove premeditaion. I'm not sure they will ever know the motive unless Hoffman tells.

I had a thought tonight-could this have been a "warning" to his ex-gf?
Had he ever threatened her?
I can see his insane mind saying "look what I did, I can do this to you"
^i^

From the moment I heard that bodies had been found, I started praying that they had been shot to death..quick kills. But, no, he stabbed them, numerous times. He not only killed them, he hurt them and scared them before killing them. I can't bear to think of the pain and terror each one felt before they mercifully died, and felt no more. Once he started, they knew what he was going to do!

And I still can't see how he controlled all three of them while doing this.

This is the devil himself, I do believe.

I belive it waas his first. I ate lunch with the kid, he grew up here, graduated from highschool with him. first crim no, but first murder yes. he was locked up along time, and has been back here ever since, just becoming crazier

MH did not move to this area until June 1997, so he did not "grow up here". His DOB was given by LE as 11/1/80. There are references in the missing/murder posts on WS that he moved here (with his family) from Trumbull County (Ohio).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi