GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow, what grace on the part of the families for not wanting the DP for this vermin.

Well, he wanted some people gone?...now he can rot his life away without a soul around, likely being in a "protective" isolation cell until he dies as a child rapist/killer. That's about right. Thanks for the updates, WS folks.

Dear Posters,

As you all know from today's news, additional charges have been added for Hoffman. These charges include sexual offenses against a minor. These charges lead us to make a change in the current posting rules.

From this point forward, please only refer to the minor child by initials only. Even when snipping from the news, change the name to initials.

WS has a policy of protecting minors to the best of our ability. This child has suffered horribly and we don't want to add to that suffering. We can not completely hide her name at this point, but we can do our best to help keep it out of the front page of google from here on out.

Please thank this post to show you have read it.

Thank you all for understanding and thank you for caring about this child and her family.

Salem
Mod

That's true too.

It could be that he plans on pleading guilty, without the DP. But who knows (I guess we will by end of week perhaps).

I would really like to see him plead guilty and safe SM from testifying at trial.

I would really like to see him plead guilty and safe SM from testifying at trial.
I don't really expect someone that performed such montrous and cruel acts to have a heart big enough to extend compassion. It was only a matter of time before he probably would have killed SM, too.

I, too, hope that he pleads guilty so that SM won't have to ever revisit that horrid week again, except in the company of family, friends, and counselors.

Hearing set for Ohio man charged in triple slaying

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - An unemployed tree-cutter suspected in the deaths of three people whose dismembered bodies were found in a hollow tree will have his first court hearing to answer the charges against him.

Knox County Prosecutor John Thatcher has announced the 30-year-old Hoffman will have an arraignment Thursday in Mount Vernon

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/state&id=7881454

Hoffman arraignment set for 10 a.m. tomorrow

MOUNT VERNON — Arraignment for Matthew J. Hoffman has been scheduled for Thursday at 10 a.m. in the Knox County Common Pleas Court.

Knox County Prosecutor John Thatcher will hold a press conference immediately following the arraignment to address the reasoning behind the absence of the death penalty specification in the indictments

http://www.mountvernonnews.com/blog/2011/01/05/hoffman-arraignment-set-for-10-a-m-tomorrow/

With out the DP, I sincerely hope he is thrown in GP, and the inmates just love him!
It would take forever for the DP to come to fruition, this way he will live a daily punishment.
For years to come. With out the solace of being held in a special DP block.

Hoffman arraignment set for 10 a.m. tomorrow

MOUNT VERNON — Arraignment for Matthew J. Hoffman has been scheduled for Thursday at 10 a.m. in the Knox County Common Pleas Court.

Knox County Prosecutor John Thatcher will hold a press conference immediately following the arraignment to address the reasoning behind the absence of the death penalty specification in the indictments

http://www.mountvernonnews.com/blog/2011/01/05/hoffman-arraignment-set-for-10-a-m-tomorrow/

bumping this up

On the Skelton Boys thread, Java posted this link to Cell Phone pinging:
http://blog.a1peoplesearch.com/2007/11/cell-phone-ping-is-it-legal.html

In this article, it indicates that cell phones can be pinged by LE, even when the phone is turned off. Anyone know if this is really true? Maybe this helps explain how they knew SM was in MH's home? If she had her phone but it was off, or the battery was dead?

Just to make this a little clearer -
I have ask my service provider (large well known service provider) and a friend in LE. the phone can be pinged to the nearest tower even if it is off. If the battery is removed it cannot be pinged at all. If the phone is ON, and is GPS enabled, it can be pinged to it's immediate location.

It is actually a part of the 911 system now a days. Since cell phone have almost made land lines obsolete.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/prevent/cellping.asp

Interesting article on cell phone pinging, that explains a little more about it.
But LE can get ping info from the service provider even if the phone is off.
Incoming or outgoing either one. And it may or may not provide them with the info the need.
Many advancements have been made in pinging ability.

http://www.startribune.com/nation/113007594.html

Man suspected in deaths of 3 found stuffed in tree in central Ohio pleads guilty to 10 counts

MOUNT VERNON, Ohio - An Ohio man has pleaded guilty to aggravated murder and other charges in the deaths of three people whose dismembered bodies were found in a hollow tree.

Thirty-year-old Matthew Hoffman was in court to enter the plea Thursday to aggravated murder, burglary, kidnapping and rape.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Is anyone going to be streaming the Prosecutor's press conference?

"This has changed my whole life and my family's life, too," the girl said in a statement read in court by Knox County prosecutor John Thatcher after Hoffman pleaded guilty. The Associated Press generally does not identify victims when sexual crimes are alleged.
In the statement, the teen shared memories of the victims and said she's no longer scared of Hoffman.
"This is so sickening, Matthew, to know you even had the guts to do this to a family," she said in the statement.
Copyright © 2011 The Associated Press
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...vi0DrQ?docId=1f1591b3c6b247fcb4e7e091b4dcc2d5
------------------------
What a brave little girl, I am so sad for her.

at last we see a quick res9olution of a case, no waiting years for a trial with lawyers costs mounting up

he committed atrocious acts, he confessed, he pled G, he was sentenced, if only more cases were adjudicated as quickly,
he will never be released to murder or rape ever again, the families of the victims have seen justice done and can now greive and heal as best they can, the remarkable teenage victim can at least know that she is safe from him, and can be allowed to continue on with her life, and receive any help she feels she needs in privacy, she sounds as if she is a tough cookie and although forever will live with these crimes she may go on to lead her life not allowing him to effect how she lives it, not giving him any further power over her

I wish her and her family well

Thank goodness he pled guilty. The family doesn't have to go through a trial and hear the horrors of what happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back