GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Apparently they've taken down the "Pray for the Maynard Kids" FB? I know that Stepahnie's is still up, and presumably the newer one for Sarah.

Yep, several days ago, right after the fire (whatver day that was). Not sure why, but probably spammers/haters.

If you go to towards the bottom of the page that lists the forums, you will see the parking lot and a lot of other threads.

Snipped your post.

As I said, I've had a very long 2 days and when she gave me the details of the story it happened at around roughly 6am today, and it is after 8pm now. Knowing her, I tend to doubt it was just a "jump" in conversation, I'm sure there was something else said to keep conversation going. As I said, I wasn't apart of it so I don't know every detail. I know she didn't recite the full conversation. She had also mentioned that it was this case because I remember her mentioning the case..she mentioned briefly something like "something weird happened yesterday" and me being curious, thinking it was some weird customer issue asked her what. she went on to state "I talked to the father/grandfather of the mother and son that were murdered in Knox County just recently" I asked it was the triple homicide where the young girl got away, and she said yes.

And no, she mentioned someone was with him, and they were shopping. It took place at the jewelry counter (XXXX if the store name is needed here). In order to be serviced, people had to draw numbers yesterday and wait to be called upon.

Like I said, I seriously hope it wasn't someone "claiming" that they were a grandparent. Never know these days.

Thanks! I didn't want the exact store (removed here because I hate to think of anyone finding YOU that way) just the type of store.

It does not sound like someone "claiming" to be someone they were not. I guess life continues for the friends and family of those murdered, no matter how much they might like it to stop until they are ready to move onward.

TH’s parent s were from Ft. Myers, FL. It was reported in the news some time back.
It was probably them, I can’t imagine why anyone would want to say they were them if they weren’t.
Especially an older couple.

It’s my understanding that Sarah is living some 45 miles away from Howard with her Father & Grandmother? I’m taking that on the report of where the funeral for TH & KH was held?
Correct me if I am wrong plz.

Would someone tell me what a “parking lot thread” is, I’m new here.

I think Sarah's father is married, as one article stated she's living with her father and stepmother. I think the stepmother has a couple of children as step siblings were mentioned. I remember thinking at the time that it would be good for Sarah to live in a family household with other children.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/11/28/us/AP-US-Bodies-in-Tree.html?_r=1&hp

Ohioans Raise Cash for Kids of Victims Put in Tree

HOWARD, Ohio (AP) — Residents in a small Ohio community devastated after the bodies of two women and an 11-year-old boy were found in a tree are raising money for the victims' families.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm glad to hear that the community is continuing to provide financial support for the children of Tina and Stephanie. Poor Sarah has had her llife turned upside down and is facing many challenges because of the frightening ordeal she went through.

Snipped your post.

As I said, I've had a very long 2 days and when she gave me the details of the story it happened at around roughly 6am today, and it is after 8pm now. Knowing her, I tend to doubt it was just a "jump" in conversation, I'm sure there was something else said to keep conversation going. As I said, I wasn't apart of it so I don't know every detail. I know she didn't recite the full conversation. She had also mentioned that it was this case because I remember her mentioning the case..she mentioned briefly something like "something weird happened yesterday" and me being curious, thinking it was some weird customer issue asked her what. she went on to state "I talked to the father/grandfather of the mother and son that were murdered in Knox County just recently" I asked it was the triple homicide where the young girl got away, and she said yes.

And no, she mentioned someone was with him, and they were shopping. It took place at the jewelry counter ({mod snip} if the store name is needed here). In order to be serviced, people had to draw numbers yesterday and wait to be called upon.

Like I said, I seriously hope it wasn't someone "claiming" that they were a grandparent. Never know these days.

The story sounds plausible and all I can think of that would be relevant is perhaps he was looking for a gift for Sarah. Maybe a picture locket or something else to remember her mother and brother by. It doesn't really matter, but it got me wondering.

JMO

I wonder just how much reading this guy did and what his chosen subject matter was?

Several years ago when D. Radar was captured, he talked very calmly and openly about his murders of a family. There was always a question there about whether he had help on that case because it was speculated that one person could not have kept a father and mother and two kids in control and all the while murdering the family. He said what he did was to keep control of the kids. If you have control of the kids, you have control of the parents. He had the mother to tie up the father while he held one of the kids, then he put the kids in a bathroom while he tied up the mother. He promised not to harm the kids if they cooperated. But of course he did harm them.

Also this case reminds me very strongly of the Groene case. The more I read about it, the more I am reminded.

The family had allegedly talked about seeing a man in camo watching their house. Before attacking the Groene family, Duncan also observed the home and the kids, even using a telescopic lens.

Duncan killed the mother, stepfather and one son and kidnapped two young kids. In this case, MH killed a mother, a friend and one son and kidnapped a teen.

Both Duncan and MH bought their supplies before committing the crimes.

Incidently Duncan was a complete stranger to the Groene family. He targeted them when he drove by the home and just happened to see the kids outside playing. He made his preparations then killed the family and kidnapped the children a few days later.

I've heard a story about how Duncan knew about the family....that there was apparently some internet connection in some way..

I've heard a story about how Duncan knew about the family....that there was apparently some internet connection in some way..

I think Duncan just rode by and saw them playing in a pool.

I think Duncan just rode by and saw them playing in a pool.

Since Hoffmann's family lived about 1/3mile up the road from Herrmann he probably saw them in the yard.In one online obit. a local person said "I'm so used to seeing the family out in the yard"-they perhaps spent alot of time outdoors and MH saw them and got fixated.

There was no connection. Totally random that he found THEM. Horrible horrible thing. The only story that was worse was Jeffrey Dahmer.

Since Hoffmann's family lived about 1/3mile up the road from Herrmann he probably saw them in the yard.In one online obit. a local person said "I'm so used to seeing the family out in the yard"-they perhaps spent alot of time outdoors and MH saw them and got fixated.

With Hoffman's family living so close to Tina's house, he likely saw the family as he passed by the house and that was the beginning.

From what's been reported, it sounds like the family was aware and concerned that someone was watching them.

In the very beginning, as this case unfolded, I was wondering what would cause the Dairy Queen manager to call the police and ask for a welfare check after Tina didn't show up at work. Most people would assume that an employee was sick or had car trouble when they didn't show up for work, but in this case the manager seemed to immediately be concerned that something terrible had happened.

I think now that Tina shared with her manager and co-workers that she was being watched and was worried. I think this was why the manager was so concerned and acted promptly.

As it turned out, the manager being persistent about checking Tina's house, got the police involved within hours. The local police asked for help from other LE agencies and it was the combined efforts of all involved that resulted in Sarah being rescued. Who knows what might have happened if there had been any delays.

There was no connection. Totally random that he found THEM. Horrible horrible thing. The only story that was worse was Jeffrey Dahmer.

I totally agree. Timing and opportunity -- the truly scary part of these kind of cases. Evil truly can just walk in the door and do as it wants.

No connection to them, but he did have a blog on the internet and he posted about how he was going to go out and do something to really "hurt society". So he planned to do this (the crime, not specifically to the Groene's) ahead of time, and posted a clue to it on his blog.

No connection to them, but he did have a blog on the internet and he posted about how he was going to go out and do something to really "hurt society". So he planned to do this (the crime, not specifically to the Groene's) ahead of time, and posted a clue to it on his blog.

You're absolutely correct. And no one paid the least bit of attention to his sick rants. Not only that, but Duncan was a Level III sex offender that was charged with molesting two little boys, but he was able to post bond with a hot check. He used the money his "friend" loaned him for the bond to finance his murderous rampage. And all the while he was posting on the Internet his evil intent.

There are a lot of evil people in the world. MH being one of them, but Duncan trives on being evil -- then and now.

I pity SM and the victims' families for not only their terrible loss but that they will be forever burdered with dealing with MH's legal issues.

On the Skelton Boys thread, Java posted this link to Cell Phone pinging:
http://blog.a1peoplesearch.com/2007/11/cell-phone-ping-is-it-legal.html

In this article, it indicates that cell phones can be pinged by LE, even when the phone is turned off. Anyone know if this is really true? Maybe this helps explain how they knew SM was in MH's home? If she had her phone but it was off, or the battery was dead?

I just hope they only took the DP off the table,after reading about EB's deal I pray they left life w/o parole in place.When will they charge him? They know he did it and have tons of proof.

IDK but if Hoffman was not caught he would went on to be worse than Dahmer.

On the Skelton Boys thread, Java posted this link to Cell Phone pinging:
http://blog.a1peoplesearch.com/2007/11/cell-phone-ping-is-it-legal.html

In this article, it indicates that cell phones can be pinged by LE, even when the phone is turned off. Anyone know if this is really true? Maybe this helps explain how they knew SM was in MH's home? If she had her phone but it was off, or the battery was dead?

IDK if that true:waitasec: IMO I think it great that pings can be used in finding the missing and be use in court has a tool for timelines..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi
Back