GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree. I don't find the next-door neighbor to MH very credible. Stephanie's Jeep was found in the garage on Thursday, Nov. 11th, and I too think it was used to transport the bodies.

I have a Jeep Cherokee that's 4-wheel drive.........they come in either 4-wheel or 2-wheel drive. I'd like to know if the Jeep was 4-wheel drive. The area where MH took the bodies was a dirt road that no doubt becomes rutted after rains, and opens out into a clearing. Having 4-wheel drive would help negotiate the road and field.

I think MH took Tina's truck and left it at the college as a means to throw LE off the track as well as transportation back to where he left his car. Upon initial investigation, LE had four missing people and the vehicle of one of them was left at the college, and LE may have initially thought the people had left together in that truck and were in the area of the college.

There are 3 pictures of SS's Jeep at this link, if you can tell anything that way:

http://www.mountvernonnews.com/local/10/11/photos/

Right now, one row from bottom. It looks like MVN had access that the other reporters did not have. For anyone who listened to the news conferences, when Sheriff Barber answered "George", he is from MVN.

p.s. These pictures just jogged my memory. TH's truck is also 4 wheel drive? "F x 4" "Off Road"

Discussion about the death penalty considerations in Ohio:

http://www.marionstar.com/article/20101125/NEWS01/11250304

(Marion is nearby Knox)

""Life without parole brought people off of the death penalty," Anderson said.

There are 156 men and one woman on death row in Ohio. In 2005, five of those people were sentenced to death, in 2006 four, in 2007 four, in 2008 three and in 2009 two."

"While any murder is bad, the consideration for the death penalty should be reserved for especially heinous crimes, such as may be the case in Knox County, where recently a 30-year-old man is suspected of stabbing to death two women and a boy, dismembering them and holding captive a girl for days with no apparent motive."

(Long article)

There are 3 pictures of SS's Jeep at this link, if you can tell anything that way:

http://www.mountvernonnews.com/local/10/11/photos/

Right now, one row from bottom. It looks like MVN had access that the other reporters did not have. For anyone who listened to the news conferences, when Sheriff Barber answered "George", he is from MVN.

p.s. These pictures just jogged my memory. TH's truck is also 4 wheel drive? "F x 4" "Off Road"

I can't be sure. Stephanie's Jeep is a Grand Cherokee, but a newer model than mine. Mine has a 4-wheel drive emblem on the rear cargo door on the right side of the vehicle. There wasn't one on Stephanie's. But, there is a vehicle identification insignia on the passenger side of the vehicle that I can't quite make out, but it looks like "4-wheel" might be part of that identification.

Checking for any news on the 10tv site, saw this horrific story in Columbus (happening yesterday, Thanksgiving Day):

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...columbus-three-dead-broadmeadows.html?sid=102

"Woman, 2 Children Found Stabbed to Death Inside Apartment"

*feels sick all over again*

ETA: Texas Mist has added this story to WS: OH - Mother, 2 Children Fatally Stabbed / 1 Man Injured (Columbus) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

this one made me sick too.

And while following Tina,Sara,Kody & Stepanie's updates, I kept seeing the 'dad' who slammed the baby around & tossed him in the dumpster. :(

There's a thread on that in the Crimes/Spotlight on Children.

Ohio has taken a big toll in the last few weeks with some of the most violent crimes against the innocent that I've come across - at least those so close together chronologically & logistically. :(

Can't help but think 'the end of days'. :(

this one made me sick too.

And while following Tina,Sara,Kody & Stepanie's updates, I kept seeing the 'dad' who slammed the baby around & tossed him in the dumpster. :(

There's a thread on that in the Crimes/Spotlight on Children.

Ohio has taken a big toll in the last few weeks with some of the most violent crimes against the innocent that I've come across - at least those so close together chronologically & logistically. :(

Can't help but think 'the end of days'. :(

It seems so. Columbus is a big city with "big city" crime. It's a shame that Tia went back to this perp, after a domestic violence charge was filed. If the charges stick, that man killed his own child, as well as another.

I would like to be on the jury for that one and the "Dad" who killed his baby. I'd have no problems sitting through those trials and convicting (if proven).

With Tina, Kody and Stephanie, I think a whole different type of "evil" is at play in this one, as we've discussed at length. Ohio is where Dahmer was born/raised too, but I'm not willing to blame the area/location. As the Dispatch article stated today (which was very well written I think), everyone is trying to make sense of it.

Perhaps our involvement with WS could bring about a sense of "the end of the days". I've just joined following this case, but have read all through the cases of Brittanee Drexel (spent 13 yrs. in Roch NY, and my 2 adult children still live there), Joe Neff (caught my eye, tugged at my heart strings), and now this new one. I can see my mental anquish growing. So many cases everywhere, and if I keep reading cases, I may come to the conclusion. I need to find some good news to read :(

It seems so. Columbus is a big city with "big city" crime. It's a shame that Tia went back to this perp, after a domestic violence charge was filed. If the charges stick, that man killed his own child, as well as another.

I would like to be on the jury for that one and the "Dad" who killed his baby. I'd have no problems sitting through those trials and convicting (if proven).

With Tina, Kody and Stephanie, I think a whole different type of "evil" is at play in this one, as we've discussed at length. Ohio is where Dahmer was born/raised too, but I'm not willing to blame the area/location. As the Dispatch article stated today (which was very well written I think), everyone is trying to make sense of it.

Perhaps our involvement with WS could bring about a sense of "the end of the days". I've just joined following this case, but have read all through the cases of Brittanee Drexel (spent 13 yrs. in Roch NY, and my 2 adult children still live there), Joe Neff (caught my eye, tugged at my heart strings), and now this new one. I can see my mental anquish growing. So many cases everywhere, and if I keep reading cases, I may come to the conclusion. I need to find some good news to read :(

We do read about the worst of the worst here - and just when we think we've heard the most disturbing & horrifying, there's another case that's more heinous and evil.

IME, it's good to take a break & read good news or something uplifting....the horrors that people can inflict on other people, especially upon the young ones, can bring ya down....it can be too much to process - and lots of people IRL don't even want to hear about it or discuss it so in ways it's isolating.

Glad you've joined us, Ckay...I can tell you have a big heart...goodness knows the world needs as much of that as it can get.

While all murders are heinous and disgusting, it is unfortunately a fairly common occurrence.
This Ohio case stands out to me because MH is among a rarer class of psychopaths. By far not the common killer. They don’t turn up often, thank God. Many of them have been studied, and there are still many unanswered questions. Often times they can’t even explain themselves to themselves! Much less a normal person trying to make any sense out of it.

There is still a lot of good news to read, especially around the holidays. We just must remember to live everyday the best we can, never overlook helping others, and be thankful for everyday that we do get here with our families and friends. Much of the world is good, and that is easy to find too, if we’re looking for it.

I can't be sure. Stephanie's Jeep is a Grand Cherokee, but a newer model than mine. Mine has a 4-wheel drive emblem on the rear cargo door on the right side of the vehicle. There wasn't one on Stephanie's. But, there is a vehicle identification insignia on the passenger side of the vehicle that I can't quite make out, but it looks like "4-wheel" might be part of that identification.

4x4 on side of Jeep
http://www.mountvernonnews.com/local/10/11/17/101_0551.500.jpg

Authorities are asking the public to call and report information if they recall seeing Stephanie Sprang's Jeep Cherokee, Matthew Hoffman's Toyota Yaris or Tina Herrman's Ford F-150 pickup truck any time since last Wednesday. (Photos submitted)

http://www.knoxpages.com/?NewsID=8181&CatID=1

Bold/Color by me.

I think this answers your questions. It's a Cherokee and it's 4 wheel drive.

just got back from thanksgiving in knox county. Seems I have some ex ties to the dairy queen manager. go figure. this was THE topic of the area this holiday. I can share more but most of it would be considered rumor so perhaps we need a parking lot thread? mods what do you think?

hope everyone had a great holiday.

I was working "black" Friday, and heard an interesting short story from a co-worker, I was there when the situation took place, but didn't see who she was talking to.

Anyway. (I hope this is allowed, it's "fact" as far as I know, but not totally clear on if the person was who they really said they were or not)

An older gentleman (and I'm not sure who he was with) came in to the store that I work at. He was looking at some things, and somehow the fact that he was "visiting" came up. I think she had asked how his Thanksgiving went. Anyway, he had said he only came up from Florida for a funeral because his daughter and grandson had been murdered. Pausing for a moment, my co-worker said she was sorry to hear that. At some point he had said it had taken place in Knox County. She then asked about the girl, and he had said she hasn't had much time alone as she has been spending a lot of time out with friends and such. That she hasn't fully had a moment to deal with it. (sorry my details are so vague, my last 2 days have been very long)

Take it as you will, truth or not. If this guy was telling the truth (and I truly hope someone wouldn't lie about such things) then I'm shocked he could speak so easily about it. However, I wasn't participating in the conversation so I truly don't know everything that transpired. the odd part was, I don't live, or work, very close to Knox County. I am in Ohio, and the only thing I could think of is he drove up. I also found it odd that he would be out shopping...I guess different people deal with things differently.

Small world.:waitasec:

I'm confused because he mentioned his daughter and grandson and your coworker mentioned "the girl" ... how did the jump to the "the girl" come about?

Then, I'd wonder what kind of store it was, and whether he could have been waiting while someone used the bathroom there, or nearby.

I was able to find men and women with the names of Tina's parents in FL; however, none of the RHs or BHs lived at the same address or in the same city as any of the others.

Granted it was a quick search ...

ETA
Found article that mentions where in FL RH is from; did not mention BH.

ETA
Sometimes it's easier to talk to a total stranger about the horror in your life than it is to talk with someone you are close too ... he could say anything and he'd never see your coworker again.

Also wondering how many woman/male children have been murdered in Knox County (adding) in the last month?

OT but I tend to go to the Pets thread in the private area when I need a break from the crimes...there is always something there that makes me smile.

I'm confused because he mentioned his daughter and grandson and your coworker mentioned "the girl" ... how did the jump to the "the girl" come about?

Then, I'd wonder what kind of store it was, and whether he could have been waiting while someone used the bathroom there, or nearby.

Snipped your post.

As I said, I've had a very long 2 days and when she gave me the details of the story it happened at around roughly 6am today, and it is after 8pm now. Knowing her, I tend to doubt it was just a "jump" in conversation, I'm sure there was something else said to keep conversation going. As I said, I wasn't apart of it so I don't know every detail. I know she didn't recite the full conversation. She had also mentioned that it was this case because I remember her mentioning the case..she mentioned briefly something like "something weird happened yesterday" and me being curious, thinking it was some weird customer issue asked her what. she went on to state "I talked to the father/grandfather of the mother and son that were murdered in Knox County just recently" I asked it was the triple homicide where the young girl got away, and she said yes.

And no, she mentioned someone was with him, and they were shopping. It took place at the jewelry counter ({mod snip} if the store name is needed here). In order to be serviced, people had to draw numbers yesterday and wait to be called upon.

Like I said, I seriously hope it wasn't someone "claiming" that they were a grandparent. Never know these days.

Also wondering how many woman/male children have been murdered in Knox County (adding) in the last month?

The last murder before these were in December 09 (yet unsolved). If I'm not mistaken, that was the only murder in 09 also.

TH’s parent s were from Ft. Myers, FL. It was reported in the news some time back.
It was probably them, I can’t imagine why anyone would want to say they were them if they weren’t.
Especially an older couple.

It’s my understanding that Sarah is living some 45 miles away from Howard with her Father & Grandmother? I’m taking that on the report of where the funeral for TH & KH was held?
Correct me if I am wrong plz.

Would someone tell me what a “parking lot thread” is, I’m new here.

TH’s parent s were from Ft. Myers, FL. It was reported in the news some time back.
It was probably them, I can’t imagine why anyone would want to say they were them if they weren’t.
Especially an older couple.

It’s my understanding that Sarah is living some 45 miles away from Howard with her Father & Grandmother? I’m taking that on the report of where the funeral for TH & KH was held?
Correct me if I am wrong plz.

Would someone tell me what a “parking lot thread” is, I’m new here.

Sheriff Barber said that LM lived in Hilliard, which is a suburb of Columbus. LM is married, so it would be living w. father and stepmom. I don't think he ever lived here. TH wasn't from here either, at least this is all my understanding (and I'm not "from here" either). Not sure what brought TH and GB to area. His family seems to be elsewhere also.

Anxiously waiting to hear about a parking lot thread as well.

Apparently they've taken down the "Pray for the Maynard Kids" FB? I know that Stepahnie's is still up, and presumably the newer one for Sarah.

I was working "black" Friday, and heard an interesting short story from a co-worker, I was there when the situation took place, but didn't see who she was talking to.

Anyway. (I hope this is allowed, it's "fact" as far as I know, but not totally clear on if the person was who they really said they were or not)

An older gentleman (and I'm not sure who he was with) came in to the store that I work at. He was looking at some things, and somehow the fact that he was "visiting" came up. I think she had asked how his Thanksgiving went. Anyway, he had said he only came up from Florida for a funeral because his daughter and grandson had been murdered. Pausing for a moment, my co-worker said she was sorry to hear that. At some point he had said it had taken place in Knox County. She then asked about the girl, and he had said she hasn't had much time alone as she has been spending a lot of time out with friends and such. That she hasn't fully had a moment to deal with it. (sorry my details are so vague, my last 2 days have been very long)

Take it as you will, truth or not. If this guy was telling the truth (and I truly hope someone wouldn't lie about such things) then I'm shocked he could speak so easily about it. However, I wasn't participating in the conversation so I truly don't know everything that transpired. the odd part was, I don't live, or work, very close to Knox County. I am in Ohio, and the only thing I could think of is he drove up. I also found it odd that he would be out shopping...I guess different people deal with things differently.

Small world.:waitasec:

Only explanation I can offer is that perhaps he needed clothing, since it has turned cold here (and he's from Florida). And I agree, sometimes it's easier to talk (get it out) talking with strangers. If he was visiting SM, being in Columbus area (if that's where you are) makes sense (since that's where she is).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back