Deceased/Not Found OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 Feb 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree, it may not be him, but I thought it was worth posting ...just in case.
I saw this on the news too. I doubt it's him. I think that area of the reservoir is busy with recreational boaters and whatnot and a plastic tote big enough for a body would have been seen long before now. But it's always worth keeping on eye on the story.

I did a quick Namus search for missing white men in Ohio, who went missing between January 2019 and now, and it came up with 17 names. Three in the Columbus area - Ashton Green, Tyler Davis, and Dennis Fout. Ashton Green is the most recent, 4/3/20.

Thanks for the research!
It could be any of these four men, or someone else that we do not know as a missing person.
It will be a few weeks before details are released.
Maybe a few small clues will be in articles late tonight or tomorrow.
Can anyone guess as to the size of that yellow container? Maybe an educated guess compared to the back of the boat?

Thanks for the research!
It could be any of these four men, or someone else that we do not know as a missing person.
It will be a few weeks before details are released.
Maybe a few small clues will be in articles late tonight or tomorrow.
Can anyone guess as to the size of that yellow container? Maybe an educated guess compared to the back of the boat?

I watched the video closely, and I'm wondering if the yellow is actually a tarp, covering the tote itself. There seems to be some material of the same color bunched to the side.

The article did say the investigators believe the body is a white male.

ETA "Officials identified the person as a male, likely Caucasian, and sent the remains to the Montgomery County coroner’s office for further testing."
First a leg, then full remains of human male found in Alum Creek Lake | NBC4 WCMH-TV

I watched the video closely, and I'm wondering if the yellow is actually a tarp, covering the tote itself. There seems to be some material of the same color bunched to the side.

The article did say the investigators believe the body is a white male.

ETA "Officials identified the person as a male, likely Caucasian, and sent the remains to the Montgomery County coroner’s office for further testing."
First a leg, then full remains of human male found in Alum Creek Lake | NBC4 WCMH-TV

It could be a yellow tarp. I can see that now. But not sure.
The large tote containers with a lid come in black, and other dark colors.
Wouldn't it best to choose a dark color tote to be better concealed in water?
Yellow sure catches the eye.

The sheriff did say that the area where the tote was found is secluded and it could be that it's been there for a while. I wonder if that is a clue to the state of the body.

The kayaker who found the body told a local TV reporter that he was on the water every Monday, kayaking while cleaning up litter. So if the tote had been in the water a long time, then it must have been underwater and then recently floated up. It would make sense that a person trying to hide a body would try to sink the tote.

The reporter also said that the tote had handles and wheels. I'll keep an eye on this story for sure.

I can answer this. Montgomery county is a regional coroners office and crime lab and are contracted by many many Ohio counties to perform their autopsies for a fee. Most counties only have a coroner and not a dedicated autopsy lab. So at the local coroners request, an autopsy is performed by Montgomery county. Franklin and Hamilton County only do their own autopsies. Cuyahoga too. Most autopsies in the state are performed by Montgomery outside of Columbus, Cincinnati, and Cleveland.

I wonder why they sent him to the Montgomery County coroner. Franklin County would have been the closest major county. Weird.

I don't know if I think this is Tyler. The way he just dropped off the face of the earth, I guess anything is possible. Regardless, at least this will probably solve someone's disappearance.

The body in Alum Creek Lake is not TD. The body was identified as 37-year-old Timothy Robert Marcum.

Body found in Alum Creek Lake identified as 37-year-old Columbus man | WSYX (abc6onyourside.com)
Even if it's not Tyler, it's worrying that the body of another man turns up murdered in the same area as Tyler disappeared.

Someone is killing at least one man.

I can't find much about the victim because I can't read every article in Europe. Did this man disappear under similar circumstances?

Last edited:
Even if it's not Tyler, it's worrying that the body of another man turns up murdered in the same area as Tyler disappeared.

Someone is killing at least one man.

I can't find much about the victim because I can't read every article in Europe. Did this man disappear under similar circumstances?
It's not really in the same area of town. Tyler disappeared from a touristy/shopping area. This body was found in an undeveloped area several miles away.

No real details are published about the victim in the articles, other than likely a gunshot wound.

Columbus man faces charges in connection to body found at Alum Creek Reservoir

Timothy P. Burney Baldrick, 43, of Columbus, was taken into custody at 2:30 a.m. Saturday. His arraignment is expected this week. Investigators said more charges will follow.

Baldrick is facing charges after the body of Columbus resident Timothy R. Marcum was found on the eastern shore of Alum Creek Lake on June 28 inside a storage tote. Preliminary autopsy findings indicate that Marcum died from a gunshot wound.

The body in Alum Creek Lake is not TD. The body was identified as 37-year-old Timothy Robert Marcum.

Body found in Alum Creek Lake identified as 37-year-old Columbus man | WSYX (abc6onyourside.com)

I can answer this. Montgomery county is a regional coroners office and crime lab and are contracted by many many Ohio counties to perform their autopsies for a fee. Most counties only have a coroner and not a dedicated autopsy lab. So at the local coroners request, an autopsy is performed by Montgomery county. Franklin and Hamilton County only do their own autopsies. Cuyahoga too. Most autopsies in the state are performed by Montgomery outside of Columbus, Cincinnati, and Cleveland.

I recall that about 10 to 15 years ago the Columbus Dispatch newspaper wrote an article about this.

In that newspaper article, I recall that two thirds of the rural counties in Ohio have their advanced autopsies done by Montgomery County.

I can't remember if another county does advanced autopsies for the other one third of the rural counties in Ohio.

During the past year, the Franklin County Coroners Office moved to a larger new building so that they now have bigger lab and storage rooms.

I do know that Franklin County isn't able to perform autopsies for other counties in Ohio on account of the high number of homicides and fatal drug overdoses that are now occurring in Franklin County.

Bond set at $200,000 for man charged in connection to body found inside bin at Alum Creek State Park | 10tv.com

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Bond has been set for the suspect charged in connection to the death of a man whose body was found inside a bin at Alum Creek State Park last week.

Timothy Baldrick's bond was set at $200,000 on Tuesday. If the 37-year-old posts bond, he will be subject to house arrest.

Baldrick was arrested on July 3 and is charged with abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for July 13. If an indictment comes down before then, the hearing will be vacated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back