Deceased/Not Found OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 Feb 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Skeletal remains round in the 1800 block of South High Street in Columbus.
Police: Skeletal human remains found in wooded area along South High Street in Columbus | 10tv.com

This is about 12-13 miles south of the Easton area where Tyler was staying. Likely not him but worth mentioning since skeletal indicates the remains were there for a period of time. Regardless, may this person rest in peace.

I'm wondering about Brian Shaffer considering that the location is about ten minutes and a pretty straightforward drive from the Ohio State University campus. It depends on what they mean by skeletal, I suppose.

Noting.. rbbm.
Police ID man whose skeletal remains were found in south Columbus | 10tv.com
''August 17, 2021
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Columbus Division of Police has released the name of the man whose skeletal remains were found in a wooded area last week.
Police were called to the 1800 block of South High Street on Aug. 9 on the report of a body in the area.
On Tuesday, police said identified him as 49-year-old David Judd.

This does not pertain directly as far as we know.
But it isn't really off topic either.
The point of this article is human trafficking, etc. in the Columbus area.
I also see this as possible kidnapping although the article does not specifically use that word.
I have long thought it was a possibility that Tyler may have stumbled across some kind of criminal activity on the streets and had to be taken to silence him.
Activity could have been something like what was described in this article.
More to come on this in upcoming weeks and months.
Note the references to Franklin County and nearby.
This LE investigation will bring forward possible missing women and children.
We should keep a watch on this.
Ohio human trafficking bust 'Operation Ohio Knows' nets 161 arrests

"COLUMBUS, Ohio – A firefighter, college professor and a Cleveland-area city councilman were among 161 people arrested in a sex sting operation last week, described as the state's largest focused on human trafficking.
Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost, law enforcement officials from multiple counties, social service providers and former human trafficking victims met in the Ohio Statehouse on Monday to talk about the initiative.
Three of the perpetrators were willing to pay to have sex with people they thought were minors. Ten minors reported missing were recovered during a simultaneous operation carried out by the U.S. Marshals Service.
Fifty-one women, would-be victims, were provided assistance by social service advocates. It was unclear how many of the women were charged."
#
If this is off base feel free to report to have deleted.

Eight years of Dateline's Missing in America: 169 still missing

tyler_davis.png

On February 23, 2019, Tyler Davis and his wife, Brittany, planned a night out for Brittany’s birthday, at a hotel near Easton Town Center, an indoor/outdoor shopping center in Columbus, Ohio, about 90 miles away from their home in Wilmington, Ohio. A close friend, who lives in Columbus, came by the hotel to hang out with them. A few hours later, around 8:30 p.m., the three left the hotel to walk around the shopping center. They were out until about 3 a.m. and took an Uber back to the hotel. Brittany told Dateline that’s when the evening changed. Tyler seemed frustrated and decided to take a walk. Around 4:10 a.m., about one hour after Tyler left for the walk, he called and said he was in a wooded area but that he saw the hotel and he would be back in a few minutes. Brittany said he sounded confused. He called again and then hung up. When she tried to call him back, his phone was off. Tyler didn’t return the next morning, so Brittany called police and filed a missing persons report. Detectives from the Columbus Police Department have conducted multiple searches of the area. Tyler Davis was 29 at the time of his disappearance, and is described as being 5’10”, weighing 170 lbs, with brown hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a blue and green flannel shirt with blue jeans and black and white Nike shoes. He has a birthmark on his right arm. If you have any information on the circumstances surrounding Tyler’s disappearance, please call the Columbus Police Department at (614) 645-4545.

Clinton County man missing nearly 3 years declared deceased by court - Wilmington News Journal
Clinton County man missing nearly 3 years declared deceased by court
NEWS, TOP STORIES

By John Hamilton - jhamilton@wnewsj.com

web1_Screenshot-215-1-1.jpg

This poster was circulated in early 2019.

News Journal file photo

WILMINGTON — A local man who went missing in Columbus nearly three years ago has been declared legally deceased by a Clinton County court.

According to Clinton County Probate Court documents, Tyler Davis was “presumed decedent” on December 15, 2021 by Judge Chad L. Carey.

The civil case declaring his death was filed in October.

Lauren Raizk, the attorney representing Tyler Davis wife, Brittany Davis, shared the current “statute for a presumption of death proceeding pursuant” with the News Journal. They indicate a missing person is declared legally deceased after missing for five years, or “when the person has disappeared and been continuously absent from the person’s place of last domicile without being heard from and was at the beginning of the person’s absence exposed to a specific peril of death, even though the absence has continued for less than a five-year period.”

Tyler Davis of Wilmington has been missing since he was last seen at the Hilton Easton Town Center in Columbus on Feb. 24, 2019.

Davis, age 29 at the time, and his wife, Brittany Davis, were in Columbus to celebrate her birthday. He went for a walk outside their hotel around 3 a.m. and he didn’t return.

Tyler’s family and friends disseminated flyers and sought information on social media and on Columbus area media outlets.

A website titled “Bring Tyler Davis Home” — https://www.bringtylerdavishome.com — was created by volunteers and stated the below information (apparently written by his wife) in 2019:

”Tyler Davis was last seen on February 24, 2019 around 3:20 a.m., in front of the Hilton Hotel in Easton Town Center, Columbus, Ohio. Tyler was wearing dark blue jeans, a white T-shirt, a blue/green flannel, white & black Nikes. Tyler is 170 lbs. & 5’10”. Tyler is 29 years old. He has short brown hair & brown eyes. Tyler has no medical conditions. Tyler was on foot. Tyler has a very distinctive red birthmark on his right arm — it continues up his neck, chest and right hand. Zero activity on all of our bank cards & credit cards.

“All of his social media accounts have had no activity. Tyler would not leave on his own accord. He is an amazing father to our young son. Tyler is a local business manager and a very responsible person. All cameras around Easton have been monitored with no trace of Tyler.

“I last spoke with him around 4:10 a.m. he said he could see our hotel and would be there in a few minutes. CPD has done multiple searches of the area and found zero evidence. CPD also pinged his phone in the area before the battery died. …”

Doesn't it usually it takes 7 years? I'm guessing that his wife just wanted him to be declared deceased to possibly collect on his life insurance? Not sure but just wanted to see if somebody could chime in and let me know. Thank you.
From the quoted article >>>
Lauren Raizk, the attorney representing Tyler Davis wife, Brittany Davis, shared the current “statute for a presumption of death proceeding pursuant” with the News Journal. They indicate a missing person is declared legally deceased after missing for five years, or “when the person has disappeared and been continuously absent from the person’s place of last domicile without being heard from and was at the beginning of the person’s absence exposed to a specific peril of death, even though the absence has continued for less than a five-year period.”

She would have had to have him declared dead in order to start getting SS benefits for the son. It's for the benefit of the child, and the right thing to do.

I see that Brandon Lawson's remains may have been found in Texas not far from where he was last seen. This proves that remains can be difficult to find, especially by untrained, volunteer searchers. They need to search the area around Easton again, with pros like Texas Equasearch, again and again, till they find him.

She would have had to have him declared dead in order to start getting SS benefits for the son. It's for the benefit of the child, and the right thing to do.

I see that Brandon Lawson's remains may have been found in Texas not far from where he was last seen. This proves that remains can be difficult to find, especially by untrained, volunteer searchers. They need to search the area around Easton again, with pros like Texas Equasearch, again and again, till they find him.

I really wish searches would resume on this one also. I really feel like he is close by and just hasn't been found :(

My coworkers and I were talking about this the other day (we work at Easton) the area he disappeared unfortunately was about to be developed at the time of his disappearance. Specifically a wooded area of trees close to the Hilton was soon after chopped down and is now a parking garage. A whole new section of shopping and restaurants was constructed. The landscape is completely unrecognizable around the Hilton. It reminds me so much how there was a construction site at Brian Schaffer’s disappearance.

My coworkers and I were talking about this the other day (we work at Easton) the area he disappeared unfortunately was about to be developed at the time of his disappearance. Specifically a wooded area of trees close to the Hilton was soon after chopped down and is now a parking garage. A whole new section of shopping and restaurants was constructed. The landscape is completely unrecognizable around the Hilton. It reminds me so much how there was a construction site at Brian Schaffer’s disappearance.

I agree.
MO
I believe Tyler was asking Alexa for directions and relying upon her responses to guide him.
I take this as a cautionary tale.
I believe in asking Alexa for directions, Tyler was using the word Easton, and so many things, places, etc. are called Easton in that area. My theory is he was not guided to the Hilton.
He could have been walking around in circles or back and forth nearby but not quite getting there.
Yes, he could still be close by, but as you say, the area has changed due to construction. Very frustrating to realize he can not be found.

Police: Person picking up litter finds skeletal remains in northeast Columbus

Skeletal remains found in northeast Columbus | 10tv.com

This is not terribly far from Easton and is fairly close to the Dollhouse that they were coming back to the hotel from. Probably not him to be found out in the open like this 3 years later but crazier things have happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back