Deceased/Not Found OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 Feb 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I first heard of this case today, 4/28/2022. The one thing that leaps out at me is "the friend." A couple with a very young child finally get a night of babysitting and a chance to go do whatever they want and they want a third wheel tagging along?? If they just wanted to get falling down drunk with friends, they could have stayed home and had a get-together and saved a lot of money. And why would this friend want to be an extra all night? What is the relationship between wife and the friend?

I first heard of this case today, 4/28/2022. The one thing that leaps out at me is "the friend." A couple with a very young child finally get a night of babysitting and a chance to go do whatever they want and they want a third wheel tagging along?? If they just wanted to get falling down drunk with friends, they could have stayed home and had a get-together and saved a lot of money. And why would this friend want to be an extra all night? What is the relationship between wife and the friend?

I go in between thinking he was drunk and wandered off and came to his death due to water/weather OR that the friend did something. I agree with you on the above, it surprises me he went with them, but, if I remember correctly, he was not staying at the hotel overnight. I THINK (again it's been awhile) that he lived close and ended up going home, even knowing Tyler still had not returned. I've been at places in my relationship where a "third wheel" was nice because we weren't getting along super great and they broke up that tension. Totally reading into things here, that may not be the case at all and they may have just met up with a friend they don't get to see often.

The crime side of me understands why this friend is staying out of the public eye, but then friend side of me doesn't understand.....I feel like this one along with the Brandon Lawson case has a lot of details missing. Probably to protect their images, but it's hard to put all of the pieces together when you don't know.

I am 56 years old now and the fact that they were up walking around drunk at 3:30 am just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe if I was the age group of these people I would get the idea better. But babysitter and overnight accommodations just doesn't compute to me to hanging around with another singleton and staying out of the room all night. Just my age showing on me, I guess.

I am 56 years old now and the fact that they were up walking around drunk at 3:30 am just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe if I was the age group of these people I would get the idea better. But babysitter and overnight accommodations just doesn't compute to me to hanging around with another singleton and staying out of the room all night. Just my age showing on me, I guess.
When you work in the restaurant industry as he did, late night hours are often part of the job. They were young and used to late hours. I know I was when I was in food service.

For those of you wondering about why 3 of them and why the friend, if you go back to thread 2 it goes into a lot of discussion about S and B and the potential that something was going on between them that Tyler decided he wasn't cool with. Whether that is a motive for murder or a motive to disappear is really anyone's guess but anyone that declared their beloved husband and father of children dead after only 2.5 years missing of which most of the time was embroiled in a pandemic) is absolutely effing sus in my book.

Thanks for the research!
It could be any of these four men, or someone else that we do not know as a missing person.
It will be a few weeks before details are released.
Maybe a few small clues will be in articles late tonight or tomorrow.
Can anyone guess as to the size of that yellow container? Maybe an educated guess compared to the back of the boat?
yea theres a lot, sadly lesser known names like Andrew Chapman have not as much attention because of the Brian Shaffer case everyone loves to make up wild theories about.

I go in between thinking he was drunk and wandered off and came to his death due to water/weather OR that the friend did something. I agree with you on the above, it surprises me he went with them, but, if I remember correctly, he was not staying at the hotel overnight. I THINK (again it's been awhile) that he lived close and ended up going home, even knowing Tyler still had not returned. I've been at places in my relationship where a "third wheel" was nice because we weren't getting along super great and they broke up that tension. Totally reading into things here, that may not be the case at all and they may have just met up with a friend they don't get to see often.

The crime side of me understands why this friend is staying out of the public eye, but then friend side of me doesn't understand.....I feel like this one along with the Brandon Lawson case has a lot of details missing. Probably to protect their images, but it's hard to put all of the pieces together when you don't know.
I would have to say what most likely happened to him is occams razor. He stumbled around his phone pinged by abbott their retention pond is sludge and who knows what else maybe some EPA violations (LOL looking at you Abbott) and he went down in the sludge pond.That particular area is office buildings and not a crime ridden area. Unless the wife isn't telling the full story then thats my guess. They've searched that pond, or tried to at least but it was too dense with sludge they really couldn't.

For those of you wondering about why 3 of them and why the friend, if you go back to thread 2 it goes into a lot of discussion about S and B and the potential that something was going on between them that Tyler decided he wasn't cool with. Whether that is a motive for murder or a motive to disappear is really anyone's guess but anyone that declared their beloved husband and father of children dead after only 2.5 years missing of which most of the time was embroiled in a pandemic) is absolutely effing sus in my book.
She has a child to care for. He needs to be declared dead so they can at least get social security survivor benefits for the child and life insurance (if there was any, I'd bet it was a small amount). The child deserves these financial resources so I don't blame her for having him declared dead.

I’ve always felt something was a little odd about the threesome celebration. It just feels off.

I know what I would do if my husband went missing. But we’ve been married 25 years and he’s my person. I’m not so sure I would have looked as hard for my 1st husband who I married and divorced very young.

Last edited:
DEC 5, 2022

Tyler Davis

tyler_davis.jpg

On February 23, 2019, 29-year-old Tyler Davis and his wife, Brittany, planned a night out for Brittany’s birthday, at a hotel near Easton Town Center, an indoor/outdoor shopping center in Columbus, Ohio, about 90 miles away from their home in Wilmington, Ohio. Brittany told Dateline that a close friend who lived in Columbus, came by the hotel to hang out with them. A few hours later, around 8:30 p.m., the three left the hotel to walk around the shopping center. They were out until about 3:00 a.m. and took an Uber back to the hotel. Brittany told Dateline that’s when the evening changed. She said Tyler seemed frustrated and decided to take a walk. Around 4:10 a.m., about an hour after Tyler left for the walk, he called and said he was in a wooded area but that he saw the hotel and he would be back in a few minutes. Brittany said he sounded confused. She said he called again and then hung up, and when she called him back his phone was off. Tyler didn’t return the next morning, so Brittany called police and filed a missing persons report. Detectives from the Columbus Police Department have conducted multiple searches of the area. In November 2022, Columbus State Police Detective Ron Groky told Dateline that Tyler was declared legally dead in 2021 but they still keep his case active. Tyler is described as being 5’10”, weighing 170 lbs., with brown hair and eyes. He was last seen wearing a blue and green flannel shirt with blue jeans and black and white Nike shoes. He has a birthmark on his right arm. Tyler would be 32 years old today. If you have any information on the circumstances surrounding Tyler’s disappearance, please call the Columbus Police Department at (614) 645-4545.

WSYX-TV in Columbus reported on the 6:00 PM news tonight that there was another shooting incident at the Doll House. One person was killed and two others went to the hospital.

The Doll House is a gentleman club that Tyler Davis went to prior to his disappearance.

Source:

WBNS-TV in Columbus is reporting that the Columbus city attorney has filed a lawsuit seeking to have the Doll House declared to be a public nuisance and to force it to be shut down for up to one year on account of violent crimes, shootings, and other illegal activity at that location. The Columbus city attorney is also objecting to the renewal of its liquor license.

WBNS-TV reported that since January 2021, Columbus police and Columbus Fire had responded to numerous runs at the Doll House.

Source:

Columbus man faces charges in connection to body found at Alum Creek Reservoir

Timothy P. Burney Baldrick, 43, of Columbus, was taken into custody at 2:30 a.m. Saturday. His arraignment is expected this week. Investigators said more charges will follow.

Baldrick is facing charges after the body of Columbus resident Timothy R. Marcum was found on the eastern shore of Alum Creek Lake on June 28 inside a storage tote. Preliminary autopsy findings indicate that Marcum died from a gunshot wound.

He was sentenced in the Marcum case:

WSYX-TV in Columbus reported on the 6:00 PM news tonight that there was another shooting incident at the Doll House. One person was killed and two others went to the hospital.

The Doll House is a gentleman club that Tyler Davis went to prior to his disappearance.

Source:

Dollhouse would have nothing to do with this. He was at Easton. Occam’s razor applies to this case most likely, he was last at Abbot labs in the parking lot. They have a retention pond that’s so mucky searchers can’t search it. He was inebriated and likely walked into it trying to cut thru to get back to the Hilton and drown.

For those unfamiliar with the area here are the walking directions to Hilton from Abbott Labs. He was turned around over there and in the red circle is the swampy retention pond that’s never been searched. Searchers can’t get in it. It’s basically swamp.

Attachments

• IMG_2143.jpeg
    IMG_2143.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 25
For those unfamiliar with the area here are the walking directions to Hilton from Abbott Labs. He was turned around over there and in the red circle is the swampy retention pond that’s never been searched. Searchers can’t get in it. It’s basically swamp.
And here’s the Google earth image of the retention pond they never searched.

Attachments

• IMG_2144.jpeg
    IMG_2144.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 18

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members