OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is baffling why there’s been no pressers until now, but this detective is new on the case (3 months) and said he did this press conference just because his boss allowed him to. He seems to want to try something different by using the media to get this case solved. I am sad they’re no closer to finding Tyler but glad they’re getting his case out there finally.
It seems like this detective is on the ball. However, it's been almost ten months. Details from people's memories have no doubt faded- if they saw Tyler that night, they may not remember him or anything important. It's too bad that this detective wasn't on the case in the beginning- Tyler might have been found by now.

The phone being dark after pinging at Abbot's has me intrigued. I suppose it is possible that Tyler dropped it and didn't know it. That happened recently when someone found a cell phone that belonged to a missing man in Springfield, Mass- he was later found in a river- he had drowned.

Was it ever mentioned where Tyler's phone pinged when he last talked to his wife? She said she got a call from his phone after, yet there was silence on the other end. I am curious as to where the phone was in terms of location during both of these times.

Does anyone else here live or have previously lived in the area? The strip club they went to is in a very crappy area. That whole area started going to hell 10-15 years ago and I can't imagine what it's like now. If you ever watch Live PD, that area on 161 is on regularly. Drugs easily available.

I used to live 5 min from that strip club and one time had to hide out on the ground of my apt bldg stairs while a shooting was going down. Super scary. Abbott actually used to have another facility close to that area and they shut it down and moved it the the newer facility in Easton. They had actually installed those emergency buttons in the parking lot but wouldn't let anyone walk out alone after dark. The guard walked you out.

Does anyone else here live or have previously lived in the area? The strip club they went to is in a very crappy area. That whole area started going to hell 10-15 years ago and I can't imagine what it's like now. If you ever watch Live PD, that area on 161 is on regularly. Drugs easily available.
I don’t live there but I recall reading elsewhere that it’s a bad area for sure.

Such an interesting choice of place for a birthday celebration for his wife, wouldn't you say? *scratches head*.

I can’t possibly quote all you guys posts, because it never works on multiple posts anyway.... but, Concerning the last half dozen or so posts, I am on the same page with you all the way.
This whole thing is one big mess with no real answers.
Can’t figure out why they did what they did, But could they have just been that naive and not realized the gravity of the situation, as to the area they were in ? Hard to believe, Tyler wasn’t a teenager.

Which leads me back to someone set Tyler up.....
And Tyler was very possibly removed from the area. Just an opinion, and open to discussion.
Good night all, and Sweet dreams.

Amen, Dutch, AMEN! Yet his phone's last ping is at Abbots.
Yeah, but nobody/no camera has seen him?

I wonder if LE started way too late collecting footage (footage no longer available?). Or did they get the footage, but is Tyler not on it? Weird, weird, weird.

Also I would really like to know where Tyler was along this route during his phonecalls with Brittany. The speed at which te phone moved etc.

I don't believe we'll ever find that out, but boy would I like to have a look at it.

By the way, if LE can place the friend at the hotel with Brittany at the exact moment Tyler calls Brittany from somewhere along the route to Abbott Labs, it is highly unlikely the friend had anything to do with Tylers disappearance.

By the way, if LE can place the friend at the hotel with Brittany at the exact moment Tyler calls Brittany from somewhere along the route to Abbott Labs, it is highly unlikely the friend had anything to do with Tylers disappearance.

How would they place him at the hotel? It would need to be on video or hotel employee verifying they saw him correct? No offense to Brittany but I would need more than her providing the friend an alibi.

How would they place him at the hotel? It would need to be on video or hotel employee verifying they saw him correct? No offense to Brittany but I would need more than her providing the friend an alibi.
I remember on the True Crime Garage interview BD said she and the friend kept going up to the room to charge phone etc & when she was asked if she would have to go through lobby to go up to room she said yes. But when he then said that the lobby cameras would back up her story, right? she dodged and changed the subject.
That was the one part of the interview that made me wonder.

So some people are still a little bit put off by the story and the friend and what was going on there. Don’t you think that LE would have checked this pretty immediately? And so... thus this press conference would have been put out in order to make the friend feel comfortable and that they’re not on to him? It’s a bit of a stretch... ideas on that? I definitely thought the story with the friend was strange but after the video and audio of Tyler that idea faded quickly for me.

So some people are still a little bit put off by the story and the friend and what was going on there. Don’t you think that LE would have checked this pretty immediately? And so... thus this press conference would have been put out in order to make the friend feel comfortable and that they’re not on to him? It’s a bit of a stretch... ideas on that? I definitely thought the story with the friend was strange but after the video and audio of Tyler that idea faded quickly for me.
I still have questions about what happened with the friend, before and after he allegedly left and went home. When did he really leave, and did he really go straight home? The most logical explanation to me has always been, the friend got in the car and went after Tyler after he realized he just kept walking and walking and walking. I know this could be wrong, but I’d really, really like to hear something from LE that says otherwise.

I personally find it strange and frustrating that of the handful of reporters there none of them thought or bothered to ask these questions. So the investigator may not have answered them to our satisfaction, but his demeanor and response could have possibly indicated something. Which would at least be better than nothing. :sigh:

This is what people here locally are saying. Many here think the wife and friend murdered him and that the press conference was to put pressure on both of them

This is what people here locally are saying. Many here think the wife and friend murdered him and that the press conference was to put pressure on both of them
Don’t you mean take pressure off of them? LE seemed to not show any suspicion and seemed to make it somewhat clear (while also saying they’re open to anything and everything) that they believe he likely got lost and his remains have yet to be found. Maybe they’re waiting to see how wife and friend react from here, maybe the news will make them comfortable enough to slip up in some way? I’m very intrigued that’s the theory around there! Especially since that’s where I had leaned in the beginning.. I don’t like feeling so confused on some of these, makes me feel so sorry for the family members that are stuck in the same confusion and with heavy hearts. Hoping for some closure for his family soon!

Don’t you mean take pressure off of them? LE seemed to not show any suspicion and seemed to make it somewhat clear (while also saying they’re open to anything and everything) that they believe he likely got lost and his remains have yet to be found. Maybe they’re waiting to see how wife and friend react from here, maybe the news will make them comfortable enough to slip up in some way? I’m very intrigued that’s the theory around there! Especially since that’s where I had leaned in the beginning.. I don’t like feeling so confused on some of these, makes me feel so sorry for the family members that are stuck in the same confusion and with heavy hearts. Hoping for some closure for his family soon!

I am really conflicted too. I do know that Morse Rd & Stelzer is not a place you want to be after dark. Especially about a block down from there. Honestly I won't even go to Easton after dark. And I won't go there alone even during daylight hours.

I think what got locals wondering was the detectives statement of being open to any and all theories. He said it pretty forcefully.

I don't think for one minute he got lost and then died by accident. He got lost for sure but then someone did something to him. It wasn't cold enough to die from exposure that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobkat107