GUILTY OK - 4 dead, many injured when car crashed into crowd at OSU homecoming parade

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Following his initial media blitz, Adacia's attorney has been surprisingly silent. Could it be that toxicology reports are back, and he has to plan a different strategy? I doubt November 13 (next court appearance) will be Ms. Chambers' lucky day ;)

Following his initial media blitz, Adacia's attorney has been surprisingly silent. Could it be that toxicology reports are back, and he has to plan a different strategy? I doubt November 13 (next court appearance) will be Ms. Chambers' lucky day ;)

Lawyer might have been suggested to STFU. It was reported that mental health experts asked him to stop talking about her mental health issues, because he isn't a professional, he doesn't have any expertise to diagnose her.

"Mental health leaders in the state are asking attorneys from both sides to stop releasing information about Adacia Chamber's mental health until it's confirmed."

http://www.newson6.com/story/303685...-discussing-stillwater-suspects-mental-health

for what it's worth, an eyewitness who has not been quoted in MSM posted recently that she saw police pull out prescription bottles from Chamber's car, as well as a cup with some kind of liquid in it, all of which were put on top of the car.

for what it's worth, an eyewitness who has not been quoted in MSM posted recently that she saw police pull out prescription bottles from Chamber's car, as well as a cup with some kind of liquid in it, all of which were put on top of the car.

That is interesting and I am anxious to see how this case progresses.

Wanted to add that years ago there was 1 certain medicine I was prescribed once that gave me a very negative reaction that I had not seen before and now I avoid that medicine at all cost.

The side effect of the medicine was that I would get very irritable and mad for little or no reason whenever I took that certain medicine. The sad thing was the medicine did work for what I needed it for and so I was in a pickle because I did not have a good alternative medicine at the time. Luckily I ended up not needing to take it anymore.

At the time, I was so surprised how a medicine could have such bad side effects from a mental aspect. I know there are well known medicines that also cause suicidal thoughts and those are scary as well.

So I will not be surprised if we end up finding out that some medicine was a contributing factor.

That is interesting and I am anxious to see how this case progresses.

Wanted to add that years ago there was 1 certain medicine I was prescribed once that gave me a very negative reaction that I had not seen before and now I avoid that medicine at all cost.

The side effect of the medicine was that I would get very irritable and mad for little or no reason whenever I took that certain medicine. The sad thing was the medicine did work for what I needed it for and so I was in a pickle because I did not have a good alternative medicine at the time. Luckily I ended up not needing to take it anymore.

At the time, I was so surprised how a medicine could have such bad side effects from a mental aspect. I know there are well known medicines that also cause suicidal thoughts and those are scary as well.

So I will not be surprised if we end up finding out that some medicine was a contributing factor.

We already had so many apparently false claims from supposed witnesses. So I am going to take somebody claiming they witnessed something with a grain of salt.

Yes, have seen these in RL in Euro. & online. Maybe a Sherman tank can blow through.

For city or muni., my thought, prob = big-time money to install & maintain. Headache/logistics to operate?

How operated - staff on site at each location to lower, then raise? Remote like a garage door opener provided to __?
Like employer keycard to swipe? Access code provided to __ to punch & transmit from vehicle, and changed how often? Sorry, to be so non-tech conversant re ^.

Also, like a trolley-line or light rail-- only works where 'planted.' If parade or heavy-traffic event traffic flows on other routes, no help.

JM2cts, could be wrong.

But the cars driven in Europe and the rest of the world tend to be much smaller and lighter than your average SUV, pickup, minivan etc.

We already had so many apparently false claims from supposed witnesses. So I am going to take somebody claiming they witnessed something with a grain of salt.

We need to wait and see what witnesses say when they are in court and could perjure themselves. I did not follow the Michael Brown/Ferguson case too closely, but I did read any number of statements, rumors, etc., that never were entered into evidence for either side.

No major updates from what I could find although some answers to questions I saw in a few posts.

Someone asked about Adacia's mother. According to the aunt, they did not have a relationship. Adacia attempted to reach out a few years ago but it did not work out the way she had hoped.

http://www.stwnewspress.com/news/chambers-family-struggles-to-make-sense-of-tragedy/article_acfb53ae-7df5-11e5-80c6-13b2e21ab9ba.html

A few years ago, Adacia decided to try to build a relationship with her mother, who still lived in the area but hadn’t been part of her life in many years, Branstetter said.

It didn’t work out the way she had hoped and Adacia had a strong reaction, according to Branstetter.

“She had sort of a breakdown,” Branstetter said. “She tried to talk to her mom and her mom didn’t want to listen to her. She just shut down.”

The family got Adacia professional help and she was on medication for a while. Then eventually, it was decided she didn’t need to continue taking it.

She had apparently been living away from home for only six months.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/state/osu-homecoming-parade-what-we-know/article_4b3ba105-a496-5166-a46c-d013194a4b63.html

The 2008 Oologah High School graduate had lived with her father in her hometown until about six months ago when she moved to Stillwater to be with her boyfriend, Jesse Gaylord.

The whole "she had to be restrained at the scene" has been dismissed already but just to put that to rest.

Oglesby told the Tulsa World on Friday he spent an hour sharing his account with Stillwater police on Tuesday. He disputed others’ claims that Chambers had to be restrained until police arrived.

“She tried to get out of the car just to get out and what not, but she didn’t have to be held,” he said. “There was nobody else there — just me and her.”

Interesting rumor on the pills, but I'm inclined to disbelieve it, given that her family said she wasn't on any prescriptions and I personally got burned on the story about her being restrained at the scene!

I've been waiting patiently for the toxicology results...wonder if they'll be released before her next court date. I'm pretty sure that there weren't any medical issues at play, so that leaves mentally disturbed, sheer evilness, or bombed out of her gourd. Or all of the above.

Since there's no news, for comparison, here's another case in which a driver ran into a crowd, but they are investigating as having a medical cause for. Very sad situation.

http://abc7ny.com/news/police-investigate-bronx-halloween-crash-as-community-mourns-victims/1061621/

The "going home forever" Oklahoman article referenced by the AP in link above:

Police seize letter, notes from Bible of driver who crashed into OSU parade

Speculation: that was said to her manager, and is what he meant when he told the media what AC said wasn't a typical reason for leaving early.

Speculation: she might have written the notes/letter in that unaccounted for time between leaving work and crashing (30 minutes).

It doesn't really matter, but wonder what --if anything-- that morning made her suicidal. It sure doesn't sound like she was having either BF or work problems.

No major updates from what I could find although some answers to questions I saw in a few posts.

Someone asked about Adacia's mother. According to the aunt, they did not have a relationship. Adacia attempted to reach out a few years ago but it did not work out the way she had hoped.

http://www.stwnewspress.com/news/chambers-family-struggles-to-make-sense-of-tragedy/article_acfb53ae-7df5-11e5-80c6-13b2e21ab9ba.html

She had apparently been living away from home for only six months.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/state/osu-homecoming-parade-what-we-know/article_4b3ba105-a496-5166-a46c-d013194a4b63.html

The whole "she had to be restrained at the scene" has been dismissed already but just to put that to rest.

Thanks, Justice...

I was one of... if not THE ..... poster who asked about Adacia's mom...

Sad development...

JMO...

Nov 4 2015, 10:57 am ET

Adacia Chambers Charged in Oklahoma State University Parade Crash That Killed 4

by The Associated Press

STILLWATER, Okla. — A woman accused of running a red light and purposely driving around a barricade and over a police motorcycle before crashing into spectators at Oklahoma State University's homecoming parade was formally charged Tuesday with four counts of second-degree murder and 46 counts of felony assault.

Payne County District Attorney Laura Thomas filed formal charges against 25-year-old Adacia Chambers of Stillwater. Each murder count is punishable by at least 10 years in prison...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...tate-university-parade-crash-killed-4-n457226

DA applies for competency hearing for Chambers

Posted: Wednesday, November 4, 2015 11:58 am

News Press Staff

On Wednesday, the Payne County District Attorney’s office applied for a competency hearing for Adacia Chambers. The office also requested the court to order Chambers to undergo a competency evaluation by the Department of Mental Health and Abuse Service...

http://www.stwnewspress.com/news/da...cle_a307136a-831d-11e5-82ac-3b7833a81031.html

Psych Evaluation: Adacia Chambers Showed 'Severe Signs Of Mental Illness'

http://www.newson6.com/story/30438433/psych-evaluation-adacia-chambers-showed-severe-signs-of-mental-illness

The letter states that Chambers’ speech had a normal rate and volume. Its content ranged from rational and coherent, to disorganized and delusional. Her eye contact was good and her cooperation was excellent.

The document states that Chambers believed the current year to be 2016. She was aware she was in a detention center, but she was unaware of why she was there, and that she was not grounded in reality. She was frequently making inappropriate religious references.

http://www.koco.com/news/forensic-psychologist-adacia-chambers-shows-signs-of-severe-mental-illness/36267416

Roberson said she suggested that he was Jesus during the exam and even said Jesus died so they could be married. He said her “emotional state ranged from uncontrollable sobbing to inappropriate, hysterical laughter.”

When asked about any history of suicidal behavior, Roberson noted Chambers "replied ‘not truly.’ I inquired what that meant and she stated ‘I didn’t really want to quit. I wanted to keep going and not give up … I tried, but not very well.’”

Why would her attorney release details of Adacia's mental health evaluation to the media? :rolleyes: Regardless of her crimes, this young woman has a right to privacy in medical matters. I hope the Prosecutor uses better discretion when that report is completed.

Why would her attorney release details of Adacia's mental health evaluation to the media? :rolleyes: Regardless of her crimes, this young woman has a right to privacy in medical matters. I hope the Prosecutor uses better discretion when that report is completed.

I presume attorney wants people to think she is insane so she can get of on "not guilty by reason of insanity"

She was working just fine up until the last day (with nobody noticing anything, since her boss claims she was a great employee and asked her to pick up more hours) and presumably didn't think anybody was Jesus.

I don't want to, but I am.
I say BS..... I'm not buying this mental stuff, just kicking in after she killed 4 people.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phonekace14
Back