GUILTY OK - 4 dead, many injured when car crashed into crowd at OSU homecoming parade

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Brief segment on CNN. Reporter outside courthouse. Video arraignment. Bond set at $1 million. Defendant will undergo psychological evaluation. Prosecutor wants two weeks to gather information and complete investigation. Father interviewed: Adacia had been hospitalized for two weeks but was discharged because nothing was wrong. She was an adult so there was nothing more her dad could do to get help for her. No mention of diagnosis or whether or not she was ever on medication. Still no confirmation re: alcohol and/or drugs at time of incident.

Her own attorney said she had no response to being told she'd killed 4 people. If they didn't think she'd been drinking and she clearly didn't exhibit psych symptoms (they didn't put her under observation) then drugs would be a logical guess.

She supposedly went 3 days without sleeping. Even if that's true any remotely normal person would have been wide awake and distraught (bare minimum) upon being told they'd caused so much destruction and death.

I agree with you on the logical guess part, and she looks wasted, to put it nicely, in her mugshot picture. I was just wondering if they had more than a guess or if something specific prompted them to arrive at the DUI charge. I'm sure it will come out.

Brief segment on CNN. Reporter outside courthouse. Video arraignment. Bond set at $1 million. Defendant will undergo psychological evaluation. Prosecutor wants two weeks to gather information and complete investigation. Father interviewed: Adacia had been hospitalized for two weeks but was discharged because nothing was wrong. She was an adult so there was nothing more her dad could do to get help for her. No mention of diagnosis or whether or not she was ever on medication. Still no confirmation re: alcohol and/or drugs at time of incident.
Her lawyer claims that when she was hospitalized several years ago she was prescribed a bunch of meds but she wasn't taking them at the time of the crush.

What ? A hospital will not keep you two weeks if nothing is wrong. I don't even understand this statement. A psyche hospital ? Sounds like dad wanted her to stay longer because he felt something was wrong but a team of trained doctors at hospital could not find anything wrong?

What ? A hospital will not keep you two weeks if nothing is wrong. I don't even understand this statement. A psyche hospital ? Sounds like dad wanted her to stay longer because he felt something was wrong but a team of trained doctors at hospital could not find anything wrong?

It sounds to me (and this is JMO, MOO, etc.) like she was in for a psych hold (maybe not even a hold, maybe she'd had some kind of breakdown) and after two weeks was no longer a danger to herself so she was released. A lot of psych wards are quick to discharge people the second they are no long suicidal whether or not they're actually okay.

It sounds to me (and this is JMO, MOO, etc.) like she was in for a psych hold (maybe not even a hold, maybe she'd had some kind of breakdown) and after two weeks was no longer a danger to herself so she was released. A lot of psych wards are quick to discharge people the second they are no long suicidal whether or not they're actually okay.

Her lawyer did claim she had been suicidal in the past. If she was in the hospital for a couple of weeks, it could have been because she made sort of suicide attempt (speculation based on her lawyer claiming she had been suicidal in the past). Then after two weeks she would be stabilized and they would let her go. Maybe her driving into crowd was a half-baked suicide attempt. From what has been reported (at least one of the versions) she came to work, she became upset over something and left. So maybe then she decided to make a half-baked suicide attempt.

Thats what he said. Which is not really unbelievable, given the poor state of the mental health system in the US. She would not be the first person to have fallen through the cracks.

This story couldn't be more horrible, she also injured 44 others and 11 of the victims younger than 13 yrs old. According to this article 17 of the 44 are still in the hospital. One child Madison Atwell 7yrs has 6 broken ribs and concussion to name one child out of many.

Imo excuses only create a side show. She is a grown woman who chose to get behind the wheel of a car turn the key and drive. She needs to spend several decades in prison. This college community has had so much sorrow over the years. Jmo

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/25/us/oklahoma-car-into-crowd/

ciao

Her lawyer did claim she had been suicidal in the past. If she was in the hospital for a couple of weeks, it could have been because she made sort of suicide attempt (speculation based on her lawyer claiming she had been suicidal in the past). Then after two weeks she would be stabilized and they would let her go. Maybe her driving into crowd was a half-baked suicide attempt. From what has been reported (at least one of the versions) she came to work, she became upset over something and left. So maybe then she decided to make a half-baked suicide attempt.

AC's dad carefully couched his words when he mentioned the prior hospitalization: "It was things she said". Maybe her father is unable to admit that Adacia threatened to take her own life.

AC's dad carefully couched his words when he mentioned the prior hospitalization: "It was things she said". Maybe her father is unable to admit that Adacia threatened to take her own life.

But her lawyer already on record in claiming she had been suicidal in the past. He sure talks a lot.

But her lawyer already on record in claiming she had been suicidal in the past. He sure talks a lot.

Driving your car going 80mph off a cliff or into a wall is being suicidal. Purposely driving your car into a crowd of people isn't being suicidal- it's being murderous.

If that's what she did she deserves to be in prison for the rest of her life.

Evening news programs will likely discuss this tragedy (Anderson Cooper, Nancy Grace, Dr. Drew, etc.). What will be said and what the focus will be? Safety at outdoor events like the homecoming parade? Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs? Mental illness? Lack of or inadequate treatment for the mentally ill?

Thoughts and prayers for the victims and their families :rose:

Her attorney definitely needs to STFU, or be removed. Now is saying he "still doesn't know" if she did it on purpose, and that he's "unsatisfied with her reasoning" about what happened.

Do you have link to these statements? Sounds very interesting.

Do you have link to these statements? Sounds very interesting.

Can't link from my phone, but google: heavy.com adacia chambers five fast facts

ETA..sorry. I've tried 4x to delete this copy post that appeared I don't know why.

If this was a suicide attempt, then I hate her even more than I do if it was alcohol or drugs.

Kill yourself if you want, but don't take a bunch of innocents with you.

Driving your car going 80mph off a cliff or into a wall is being suicidal. Purposely driving your car into a crowd of people isn't being suicidal- it's being murderous.

If that's what she did she deserves to be in prison for the rest of her life.

I agree totally.

I don't care what her mental problems were or are, or what she ingested..... she went on a murderous rampage with her car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back