GUILTY OK - 4 dead, many injured when car crashed into crowd at OSU homecoming parade

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oklahoma Statutes Citationized
Title 21. Crimes and Punishments
Chapter 24 - Homicide
Section 701.8 - Second Degree Murder

Homicide is murder in the second degree in the following cases:

1. When perpetrated by an act imminently dangerous to another person and evincing a depraved mind, regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual; or

2. When perpetrated by a person engaged in the commission of any felony other than the unlawful acts set out in Section 1, subsection B, of this act.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/OCISWeb/deliverdocument.asp?citeID=69298

BDE: Thanks for the link & text. Helpful to keep actual law in mind in posting.

Wait, what? Is this the first time it was said she was fired? Why didn't her boss mention that? Drove around the barricades on purpose? Whole new can of worms.

Now we've gone from being sent home early from her shift to fired. Who knows what the truth is.

I am withholding judgement until the toxicology reports come back, but do think there might be something wrong with Adacia Chambers mentally. Whether that's a defense or not, I'm not sure. But that's a thousand times worse to me if she did this intentionally than if she was so impaired by drugs or alcohol that she didn't know what she was doing.

I do believe that someone can be held/charged with DUI merely on the suspicion of DUI, because you do have the right to refuse field sobriety tests, breathalyzers, or blood/urine tests, and you can still get a DUI and/or lose your license if the officer has probable cause (at least here in PA). I think in her case, plowing into a crowd of people at a parade is sufficient probable cause. I also read that in the case of people dying or being injured at an accident scene, blood tests are mandatory in Oklahoma.

One other thing - in a video on the news with a witness, she said that Adacia tried to flee the scene after the crash and that a bystander had to hold her down until police got there and were able to arrest her. I can't find the video or remember where I saw it so apologies and take it as a rumor for now, but I will keep looking for it.

"Payne County District Attorney Laura Thomas said Monday that the evidence suggests that the deaths of four people during Saturday's parade were "an intentional act." She says Adacia Chambers drove around a barricade and ran a red light before hitting parade-goers and that she would have been able to see the crowd from far away."

http://www.whdh.com/story/30346495/the-latest-da-says-oklahoma-parade-deaths-seem-intentional

I was leaning towards intentional because of the way parades are usually set up. Especially ones that sound like major town functions such as this one. There is usually a clear roadblock set up that disallows vehicles to enter. Obviously there are ways around them but a driver would have to maneuver specifically to get around them. You don't casually drive into one even if a person is impaired in some capacity.

IMO

I think it was purposeful and she was angry so decided to kill a crowd of innocent people. JMO

I think it was purposeful and she was angry so decided to kill a crowd of innocent people. JMO

So didn't something say she and her bf were at an OSU function the night before? Party or something regarding homecoming? So now I wonder and this is wild speculation , if the boss had family at the parade and she was super mad at him and wanted revenge.

I was leaning towards intentional because of the way parades are usually set up. Especially ones that sound like major town functions such as this one. There is usually a clear roadblock set up that disallows vehicles to enter. Obviously there are ways around them but a driver would have to maneuver specifically to get around them. You don't casually drive into one even if a person is impaired in some capacity.

IMO
I agree for one to drive around a blockade takes thought to turn the wheel just right to get through. Our small town has k-rails in place for our farmers market just as a precaution after the Santa Monica tragedy.

ciao

Her father has said twice now, how soft spoken and quiet she is. Sometimes 'meekness' is repressed rage. JMO

8:15 a.m.
An attorney representing a 25-year-old woman says his client had "no real response whatsoever" when he told her that four people were killed after she crashed her car into an Oklahoma State homecoming parade.

http://www.whdh.com/story/30346495/the-latest-da-says-oklahoma-parade-deaths-seem-intentional

In addition (according to the prosecutor), she drove around a barricade, ran a red light, and would have been able to see the crowd from far away.

I find it suspiciously convenient that she reportedly has no memory of the events from right before the crash to right after the crash, as well as having "no real response whatsoever".

While it's possible that her alleged short-term memory lapse could be the result of a concussion, I can't help but wonder if her alleged lack of recall is purposefully selective. I also can't help but wonder if her flat affect might be because she just doesn't give a damn about those she killed and injured.

Even if one has suffered a temporary memory lapse (for whatever reason), if that person is a caring human being, then that person should be horrified upon learning that he/she killed four people (including a toddler).

"No real response whatsoever" doesn't cut it for me. "No real response whatsoever" suggests a total lack of empathy. A total lack of empathy suggests a sociopath.

IMO, her attorney isn't doing her any favors by talking about her flat affect. If anything, his description is portraying her as a cold, calloused murderer.

OK crash going to be covered on NBC Evening News. Teaser: What the family is saying about the young woman who drove into a crowd at homecoming parade.

ETA: Brief report. Mostly info that's already been posted here. Adacia remains in jail under suicide watch.

Wait, what? Is this the first time it was said she was fired? Why didn't her boss mention that? Drove around the barricades on purpose? Whole new can of worms.

Confusing with the way information is trickling out in this case.

So didn't something say she and her bf were at an OSU function the night before? Party or something regarding homecoming? So now I wonder and this is wild speculation , if the boss had family at the parade and she was super mad at him and wanted revenge.

I feel kind of sorry for her boss. We all know how hard it is to let someone go from their job. But to fire someone and then find out that they left the job and went and drove into a parade of people. ugh. That must feel devastating.

8:15 a.m.
An attorney representing a 25-year-old woman says his client had "no real response whatsoever" when he told her that four people were killed after she crashed her car into an Oklahoma State homecoming parade.

In addition (according to the prosecutor), she drove around a barricade, ran a red light, and would have been able to see the crowd from far away.

I find it suspiciously convenient that she reportedly has no memory of the events from right before the crash to right after the crash, as well as having "no real response whatsoever".

While it's possible that her alleged short-term memory lapse could be the result of a concussion, I can't help but wonder if her alleged lack of recall is purposefully selective. I also can't help but wonder if her flat affect might be because she just doesn't give a damn about those she killed and injured.

Even if one has suffered a temporary memory lapse (for whatever reason), if that person is a caring human being, then that person should be horrified upon learning that he/she killed four people (including a toddler).

"No real response whatsoever" doesn't cut it for me. "No real response whatsoever" suggests a total lack of empathy. A total lack of empathy suggests a sociopath.

IMO, her attorney isn't doing her any favors by talking about her flat affect. If anything, his description is portraying her as a cold, calloused murderer.

I have thought about this many times. I don't like to scrutinize mug shots too often because you never do know what goes on. Her poker face doesn't look high or mentally ill or anything of the sort. It looks like she cannot give one s*** about her situation.

"No real response" blows my mind. Was this an act of rage?

Oklahoma Statutes Citationized
Title 21. Crimes and Punishments
Chapter 24 - Homicide
Section 701.8 - Second Degree Murder

Homicide is murder in the second degree in the following cases:

1. When perpetrated by an act imminently dangerous to another person and evincing a depraved mind, regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual; or

2. When perpetrated by a person engaged in the commission of any felony other than the unlawful acts set out in Section 1, subsection B, of this act.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/OCISWeb/deliverdocument.asp?citeID=69298

2.If you have a DUI that results in substantial bodily injury or the death of another person, that DUI may be charged as a felony DUI.

http://www.tulsacriminalattorney.pro/defense-lawyer-blog/2014/07/dui-felony-oklahoma/

If the toxicology reports support the allegation that she was driving under the influence when she killed four people and injured many others, then her DUI is upgraded to a felony offense, in which case the 4 counts of 2nd degree murder charges are completely justified.

LE are skilled at recognizing a driver under the influence. If the arresting officer(s) suspected that she was intoxicated, I'm inclined to believe them. I won't be surprised if the toxicology reports support LE's suspicions.

Fox News:

Death toll could increase to 5 as one victim is currently clinging to life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back