GUILTY OK - Anne Josette Hill, 16, Edmond, 10 April 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Still nothing on Anne's whereabouts? :( Her poor mom! She must be an absolute wreck, to say the least.

Glad to see all the billboards. Thanks for posting!

Question, has there been any more information reported about the brothers/people she went to visit, or any other information re: the circumstances of that night? Have they been cleared yet? TIA

Also, great work on putting together all the threads for the missing in OK.

Do you guys think this is a stranger abduction, or related to whomever she was visiting that night? (still trying to get caught up here) Do you think there could be any connections to the other missing persons cases?

Going back to read, TIA.

I raised two teenagers in the '90s and that was hard enough, but we didn't have the internet back then. Fought tooth and nail with my daughter over the usual things — curfew, sketchy friends, wanting a tattoo — but she's 32 now and we're best friends (she did get that tat when she turned 18 and regrets it, lol). I'm so thankful she didn't make any mistakes that couldn't be fixed. So much can go horribly wrong in just one night or in a single encounter with a person who has bad intentions.

Now I'm raising my son's 9-year-old daughter and I'm scared to death. She's going to be a teen in just a few short years; how do I keep her safe? SnapChat, Kik, sexting — even the most vigilant parent can be blindsided by some of the things kids get into these days. I'm studying hard, trying to stay ahead of the curve but, omg, it's terrifying! If it weren't for this forum, I wouldn't know anything about this stuff.

I couldn't agree more. I have one in college, one in high school, one in elementary school, and am pregnant now. I've watched this evolution of kids all these years, and I wonder what it will be like when my 10 year old is a teen, or the one I haven't even given birth to yet. It's frightening how they can circumvent rules and hide what they're doing from their parents.
I just wonder if this older boyfriend is such a well-known fact among the kids, why didn't one of them say something before something awful could happen, like a disappearance? I've had my kid's closest friends rat them out to me because they were honestly worried about them, so I wish one of Anne's friends had been worried enough to tell someone what she was doing, or would even tell NOW :(.

Still nothing on Anne's whereabouts? :( Her poor mom! She must be an absolute wreck, to say the least.

Glad to see all the billboards. Thanks for posting!

Question, has there been any more information reported about the brothers/people she went to visit, or any other information re: the circumstances of that night? Have they been cleared yet? TIA

Also, great work on putting together all the threads for the missing in OK.

Do you guys think this is a stranger abduction, or related to whomever she was visiting that night? (still trying to get caught up here) Do you think there could be any connections to the other missing persons cases?

Going back to read, TIA.

bbm

Personally I don't think Anne's case is connected to any of the others. I honestly think the key to finding Anne is the male friend who claimed to see her at McDonalds that said she was with "bad people". If not him the other friend who she was with at his brother's watching a movie.

I do not think that Anne took off, either alone or with someone. I just can't see her leaving her car behind when she was so excited about getting it. And she obviously didn't have problems at home when she had just told her mom about a job opening at her school. Why would you want your mom to work at the school you attend if you have problems at home? It just doesn't make any sense.

I do think that a few of the other missing cases could be connected though. Some of them being friends and being missing concerns me. Either they've run away together in those cases, or they've possibly been lured away together. There does seem to be a modeling connection with a few of the girls.

Still no news :(
Makes me wonder what's going on. Everything is so quiet.

I live near OKC and travel the areas that Anne traveled. I keep trying to picture what might have happened. Anne was a good girl with a recently added teenage brat streak. My daughter is so similar to Anne in that respect. Good grades, working hard in school and at a job. But I asked my daughter what would make her abandon her car and she looked at me and said that there was nothing that would make her leave it behind unless it was going to explode. :( Makes me so worried.

After raising three teens, and I now have a teenage granddaughter, there's one thing I know for a fact. Even the smartest, sweetest, and most loving child will not tell you everything. They will not want to upset you or hurt you. But if they are truly wanting to do something, they will. They will justify it in their mind that if they tell you, you will worry, so it becomes a secret. This is totally different than a defiant, strong willed, mouthy teen.
This is what I think is going on here. I don't think Annie left her car without thinking she was coming back for it. I could be way off though!!!!!!!! imo

After raising three teens, and I now have a teenage granddaughter, there's one thing I know for a fact. Even the smartest, sweetest, and most loving child will not tell you everything. They will not want to upset you or hurt you. But if they are truly wanting to do something, they will. They will justify it in their mind that if they tell you, you will worry, so it becomes a secret. This is totally different than a defiant, strong willed, mouthy teen.
This is what I think is going on here. I don't think Annie left her car without thinking she was coming back for it. I could be way off though!!!!!!!! imo

I completely agree, there are too many ways for kids to keep secret who they are talking to and what they're really doing. And I think even good kids do it. It's the teen rule: don't tell an adult what's really going on. I just really, really hope that the rumors circulating among the private school kids about this are way off base, and that somebody does know the truth.
The conversation with my son about this is the perfect example. When I texted him and asked what the kids are saying, he said nothing, nobody knows why, yet when he got home and was face-to-face with me and I asked him, that's when he said the thing about her having an older boyfriend. That code of silence.
I also agree that no 16-year-old would abandon their car. It's their big ticket to freedom.

While I agree that teens keep secrets, I also think they always tell at least ONE of their friends. At least one or two of her peers know things about her that haven't been shared with LE....

While I agree that teens keep secrets, I also think they always tell at least ONE of their friends. At least one or two of her peers know things about her that haven't been shared with LE....

I asked a few posts back if friends have been speaking out or helping to look for her. Has anybody seen anything? A vigil or rally? I haven't seen anything from them. I was hoping to see that. Anybody know?

I asked a few posts back if friends have been speaking out or helping to look for her. Has anybody seen anything? A vigil or rally? I haven't seen anything from them. I was hoping to see that. Anybody know?

I haven't heard anything about plans for a vigil or rally, or anything really. I think maybe this is a function of all the kids being so "sure" about what happened and thinking it was voluntary. This doesn't make them right, it just means the kids don't think it's something to be all that worried about. It's maddening.

can you post a link to that thread?? this is starting to look bad....:tantrum:

I'm not sure what you mean. There isn't just one thread. There are probably 2 dozen different threads, boys and girls, within the last year. If not 2 dozen, close to it. I'm not sure linking all of them here would be okay to do because this is Annie Jo's thread and that would be a big post. Would you like me to PM the links to you? Or the names?

In regards to Annie Jo, I'd like to think that LE is still working on things. I've not seen anything in the MSM since the warrants and search of the apartments around Lake Hefner. Can any of the locals shed some light... anything on your local news about Anne in recent days?

I know they have the billboards up now. I saw OkieGranny (I think) posted a photo about that and had seen Anne's mom talking about it on FB. I hope the billboards will be seen by someone that can give LE a fresh lead. I really believe that someone has to know something, or saw something, that they might not realize yet is important to the investigation.

Im just not sure what to think. Ive taken that at the park she contacted someone but not by fb or text.
So maybe snapshot? Pof, mewo, tumbler, something I keep thinking in that nature.
Then they searched the house and I'm confused if that's the person who she had contacted or a party. Maybe both?
Or did she ever leave the park alone?

Could she have been walking back to her car well the other kid went his way. A stranger attacked her?

Or went to meet someone in privet?

Or if there was a party and things got out of hand an accident happen and kids are covering it up.

I'm getting the vibe from the silent that kids are maybe covering up something and we are not hearing much cause they are underage. Or le really thinks shes ran off

I don't. I don't picture a girl just leaving her car behind like that. Also if she had ran away I think she would of been back by now. Just heartbreaking I'm sure for her family. I hope answers come to them.

I just added four more girls, three from OKC and one from Lawton. I think we now have a thread of all the missing girls within the last year from OKC/Tulsa area.

can you post a link to that thread?? this is starting to look bad....:tantrum:

I'm not sure what you mean. There isn't just one thread. There are probably 2 dozen different threads, boys and girls, within the last year. If not 2 dozen, close to it. I'm not sure linking all of them here would be okay to do because this is Annie Jo's thread and that would be a big post. Would you like me to PM the links to you? Or the names?

.......(snipped by me)

I think foofus was referring to your post above where you mention a thread about all these disappearances. Has a thread or forum been started to discuss the disappearances or was the above a mis-type?

Sorry for the O/T, but every time I see your avatar cat, Jersey girl, he gives me a smile. :)

Too cute.

Sorry for the multiple posts, so many questions.

Might she have stopped for gas, food, had car trouble?

Very worried for this young lady.

Might be a worth a shot to look up police logs, incidents on the April 10th, see if anything stands out.

There was a Robbery on 4/1/14 at a store on 3600 block S Pennsylvania Ave, OK City.

The Victim Walked To The Store To Make A Purchase. As He Was Approaching The Store, A Tan Or Silver Chevy Malibu Pulled Into The Parking Lot With Two Males Inside....

http://spotcrime.com/ok/oklahoma+city/daily

http://spotcrime.com/ok/oklahoma+city

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez