Found Deceased OK - Caitlyn Rose Case, 33, Traveling from Louisiana to Colorado, vehicle abandoned in Fort Towson, 5 Aug 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I swear I read in an article a LE quote saying they don't think she personally ever entered Oklahoma but now I can't find it.
OSBI said it in their latest statement:
BBM
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION RELEASED IN SEARCH FOR MISSING LOUISIANA WOMAN

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma (August 19, 2022) – The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) is releasing additional information in the Caitlyn Case investigation in hopes of narrowing the search area.

During the course of the investigation, Special Agents have determined that 33-year-old Case’s last known location was in the Bogata, Texas area on August 5, 2022 at approximately 5:00 p.m. She was traveling northbound along Highway 271 towards Paris, Texas. Shortly after 7:00 p.m. on August 5, Case’s cellphones registered on cell towers at Pattonville, Texas and a tower located south of Paris.

At approximately 9:00 p.m. on August 5, 2022, Case’s vehicle traveled around the south loop of Highway 286 in Paris to FM 79 where it proceeded in a northwesterly direction from Paris. Shortly afterwards, the vehicle is believed to have traveled north in an unknown path headed to Oklahoma. After entering Oklahoma on Highway 271, the vehicle then turned east on Highway 109 south of Grant, Oklahoma.

At this point in the investigation there is concern that someone other than Case was in control of the vehicle. It is believed that an attempt was made to deposit the vehicle in the Kiamichi River to hide its location during the late-night hours of August 5, 2022. It is not believed at this time that Case physically entered Oklahoma.
Case left Houma, Louisiana en route to Colorado on August 4, 2022. Her last contact with family members was on August 5. Her vehicle was located on the banks of the Kiamichi River south of Fort Towson the night of August 12.

Case was driving a black 2006 GMC Envoy with Louisiana plates 957FDO. Case is described as being 5’5”, 140 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a black spaghetti strap style top, light blue jeans and red tennis shoes (see attached image from surveillance video on August 5, 2022).

Agents request that anyone living or working along the previously listed routes with access to recorded video footage on August 5, 2022 between 5:00 p.m. and 10 p.m. contact the OSBI tipline at (800) 522-8017 or tips@osbi.ok.gov.

The OSBI has been assisted by numerous law enforcement agencies including the Oklahoma Highway Patrol (OHP), Choctaw County Sheriff’s Office, Hugo Police Department, Paris Police Department, Lamar County Sheriff’s Office, Lamar County District Attorney’s Office, Houma, Louisiana Police Department, Grayson County Sheriff’s Office, Gainesville Police Department, Lewisville Police Department, Longview Police Department, Gladewater Police Department, Mt. Pleasant Police Department.

The OSBI is currently the lead investigative agency and all tips should be forwarded threw the OSBI tip line.

###

Case was driving a black 2006 GMC Envoy with Louisiana plates 957FDO. Case is described as being 5’5”, 140 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a black spaghetti strap style top, light blue jeans and red tennis shoes (see attached image from surveillance video on August 5, 2022).

Agents request that anyone living or working along the previously listed routes with access to recorded video footage on August 5, 2022 between 5:00 p.m. and 10 p.m. contact the OSBI tipline at (800) 522-8017 or tips@osbi.ok.gov.
@diggndeeperstill - re: gas station video image.
BBM snip from OSBI release I just reposted.

Last edited:
OSBI said it in their latest statement:
BBM
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION RELEASED IN SEARCH FOR MISSING LOUISIANA WOMAN

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma (August 19, 2022) – The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) is releasing additional information in the Caitlyn Case investigation in hopes of narrowing the search area.

During the course of the investigation, Special Agents have determined that 33-year-old Case’s last known location was in the Bogata, Texas area on August 5, 2022 at approximately 5:00 p.m. She was traveling northbound along Highway 271 towards Paris, Texas. Shortly after 7:00 p.m. on August 5, Case’s cellphones registered on cell towers at Pattonville, Texas and a tower located south of Paris.

At approximately 9:00 p.m. on August 5, 2022, Case’s vehicle traveled around the south loop of Highway 286 in Paris to FM 79 where it proceeded in a northwesterly direction from Paris. Shortly afterwards, the vehicle is believed to have traveled north in an unknown path headed to Oklahoma. After entering Oklahoma on Highway 271, the vehicle then turned east on Highway 109 south of Grant, Oklahoma.

At this point in the investigation there is concern that someone other than Case was in control of the vehicle. It is believed that an attempt was made to deposit the vehicle in the Kiamichi River to hide its location during the late-night hours of August 5, 2022. It is not believed at this time that Case physically entered Oklahoma.
Case left Houma, Louisiana en route to Colorado on August 4, 2022. Her last contact with family members was on August 5. Her vehicle was located on the banks of the Kiamichi River south of Fort Towson the night of August 12.

The OSBI has been assisted by numerous law enforcement agencies including the Oklahoma Highway Patrol (OHP), Choctaw County Sheriff’s Office, Hugo Police Department, Paris Police Department, Lamar County Sheriff’s Office, Lamar County District Attorney’s Office, Houma, Louisiana Police Department, Grayson County Sheriff’s Office, Gainesville Police Department, Lewisville Police Department, Longview Police Department, Gladewater Police Department, Mt. Pleasant Police Department.

The OSBI is currently the lead investigative agency and all tips should be forwarded threw the OSBI tip line.

###

Thank you! (and thanks to @kccorona as well).

So is the implication here that something happened to her in Bogota and that the movements from 5pm - late night hours on August 5th were someone else operating her car? I've reread that press release a few times now and I think it just made me more confused.

Thank you! (and thanks to @kccorona as well).

So is the implication here that something happened to her in Bogota and that the movements from 5pm - late night hours on August 5th were someone else operating her car? I've reread that press release a few times now and I think it just made me more confused.
That is how I interpret it.

I don't know if they are being obtuse inadvertently or intentionally but it is written in a confusing way. It says her phone(s) pinged around 7 p.m. after someone else started driving it alone around 5 p.m.

"Shortly after 7:00 p.m. on August 5, Case’s cellphones registered on cell towers at Pattonville, Texas and a tower located south of Paris."

My speculation: She was in Gainesville when the video image was captured because she left on a path to Colorado on Aug. 4 from Houma thru Shreveport, Gladewater, Lewisville then Gainesville. That night or before dawn on Aug. 5, her path changed from going north toward CO to going east toward Paris then south of Paris.

I could be totally wrong as OSBI hasn't made it clear what her route was on both days. They have only shared the cities where they apparently have some kind of info to confirm she was.
MOO

It says her phone(s) pinged around 7 p.m. after someone else started driving it alone around 5 p.m.

Heh - and this is what unclear writing does - leaves important details open for interpretation.

Contrary to the esteemed @WingsOverTX , I don’t think the OSBI’s statements said this at all.

From the release in 13 August:

“Case communicated with family
members during her trip until they lost contact with her on August 5, 2022. At that point, she was traveling on Hwy 271 between Paris, Texas and Hugo, Oklahoma.”

From the 19th:

“…Case’s last known location was in the Bogata, Texas area on August 5, 2022 at approximately 5:00 p.m. She was traveling northbound along Highway 271 towards Paris, Texas. Shortly after 7:00 p.m. on
August 5, Case’s cellphones registered on cell towers at Pattonville, Texas and a tower located south of Paris.

At approximately 9:00 p.m. on August 5, 2022, Case’s vehicle traveled around the south loop of Highway 286 in Paris to FM 79 where it proceeded in a northwesterly direction from Paris. Shortly afterwards, the vehicle is believed to have traveled
north in an unknown path headed to Oklahoma. After entering Oklahoma on Highway 271, the vehicle then turned east on Highway 109 south of Grant, Oklahoma.”

So to me, nowhere does it say “someone else was driving the car alone at 5pm on the 5th.”

That said, I swear the wording has changed a bit: for example, I remember the first one specifically mentioned “SHE was travelling Northwest on 79” [edit, this wording appears in Namus, not the OSBI press releases, although OSBI also entered the case at Namus so I dunno].

At any rate, I do think you’re right about the pic being from Gainesville, which would also put her on a ‘reasonable’ track to Colorado. However, the fact that she was talking to her dad at 5ish from Bogata throws reasonable out the window.

The other thing that I wonder is how the know/assume she wasn’t in the car, at least not in Oklahoma? There must be other photos they haven’t released, but from where? The FM 79 plate reader, maybe? Is there a camera on the bridge over Red River?

Heh - and this is what unclear writing does - leaves important details open for interpretation.

Contrary to the esteemed @WingsOverTX , I don’t think the OSBI’s statements said this at all.

members during her trip until they lost contact with her on August 5, 2022. At that point, she was traveling on Hwy 271 between Paris, Texas and Hugo, Oklahoma.”

From the 19th:

“…Case’s last known location was in the Bogata, Texas area on August 5, 2022 at approximately 5:00 p.m. She was traveling northbound along Highway 271 towards Paris, Texas. Shortly after 7:00 p.m. on
August 5, Case’s cellphones registered on cell towers at Pattonville, Texas and a tower located south of Paris.

At approximately 9:00 p.m. on August 5, 2022, Case’s vehicle traveled around the south loop of Highway 286 in Paris to FM 79 where it proceeded in a northwesterly direction from Paris. Shortly afterwards, the vehicle is believed to have traveled
north in an unknown path headed to Oklahoma. After entering Oklahoma on Highway 271, the vehicle then turned east on Highway 109 south of Grant, Oklahoma.”

So to me, nowhere does it say “someone else was driving the car alone at 5pm on the 5th.”

That said, I swear the wording has changed a bit: for example, I remember the first one specifically mentioned “SHE was travelling Northwest on 79” [edit, this wording appears in Namus, not the OSBI press releases, although OSBI also entered the case at Namus so I dunno].

At any rate, I do think you’re right about the pic being from Gainesville, which would also put her on a ‘reasonable’ track to Colorado. However, the fact that she was talking to her dad at 5ish from Bogata throws reasonable out the window.

The other thing that I wonder is how the know/assume she wasn’t in the car, at least not in Oklahoma? There must be other photos they haven’t released, but from where? The FM 79 plate reader, maybe? Is there a camera on the bridge over Red River?

BBM, this is exactly what I'm wondering too.

From the 19th:

No obvious cameras on Red River.

It's hard to know what to think. There is way too much time not accounted for on any timeline.

For instance, if we go with a 'foul play' theory, at what point did she run into trouble? Does she have friends or family to visit in this area? What is the reason to be heading back to Paris, TX?

To 'zoom out' further, what is her usual drive? Does she always stop in one city to rest? (I'm assuming had slept the night of Aug. 4-5). Does she always get gas in the Red River Mobil (not confirmed but I'd say 95% sure it was that Mobil), or somewhere in that area?

LE always keeps some things close. IMO, the press release seems really geared towards locating video footage in the Paris, TX area in that time frame.

Question for local people: is there any license plate camera or camera in general for TX 271 when entering Oklahoma? Is TX 271 -> OK 109 a safe assumption based on a general looking-at-the-map or is it possible they have some specific evidence for that?

Respectfully, what you are suggesting is a widespread fishing expedition that could have helped most closer to Aug. 5.

OSBI has now stated her last known location was near Bogata. Why do they think someone else was in command of her vehicle after that? We don't know. But I interpret their statement to mean she was no longer in the vehicle before it reached Paris. Possibly near the ping in Pattonville?

At this point additional details only OSBI knows could lead to finding her IMO. It's a very rural area but there are multiple ways of searching: dogs, drones, airplanes, ground searches.

Searching the rural areas where the phone(s) last pinged seems like a more helpful strategy to me.

JMO
The part I bolded: Sometomes one doesn't know what they may have captured on film so around the times that are specific times and locations to what LE is is looking for may offer some insight. It aids IMO, some families (I don't necessarily suggest the family of the missing person) have noticed something to offer an idea or indication or insight of what may have hppened due to these images. Its helpful it doesn't detract especially if LE is asking for specific information. The duty should however be on the person with knowledge of the photos and being aware LE is asking for specific things or information.

Same as above- the NAMUS profile for CC is where these details are found.
Does anyone know how often NAMUS gets updated? I suppose its as LE releases information. So maybe I answered my own question.

Thank you! I can’t believe how many times I read that and missed the Aug 5th. I guess then it has to be some time after midnight.
NP. I totally missed it, too! An OP pointed it out so I had to re-read carefully to find it.

If OSBI would confirm her route & timing, those trying to help would have a better tool to do so. Maybe they have reasons for keeping it vague but it is frustrating.
JMO

So if this is foul play and someone else was driving her car and dumped it after a certain point, when/where/how did this come to be? Some questions I have:

-I wonder if Caitlyn is the kind of person who would pick up a hitch hiker or stop to help someone with "car trouble" or the like? I know hitching is not super common anymore outside of maybe national parks/backpacking/thru hiking communities. But some people still try to hitch a ride; I see them on the sides of highways as I go on road trips. Or if someone was either on the side of a road or in a gas station lot somewhere pretending to need assistance with something - would she stop and try to help? Because one way someone else may have gotten into her car was through a ruse.

-Another question I have is does she reliably lock her car doors if she is just running in somewhere? Another possible way someone wound up in her car/abducted her could be if they snuck in the backseat while she ran into a store to buy something or use the restroom. I would think *most* gas stations have cameras in the lot, but it's possible LE has not yet located all convenience store footage from her trip or that one was not working or that she parked out of view of a camera at some point.

-I guess a third possibility is if she knew someone on this route, met up with them and things went south.

All my speculation and just throwing out some theories.

So if this is foul play and someone else was driving her car and dumped it after a certain point, when/where/how did this come to be? Some questions I have:

-I wonder if Caitlyn is the kind of person who would pick up a hitch hiker or stop to help someone with "car trouble" or the like? I know hitching is not super common anymore outside of maybe national parks/backpacking/thru hiking communities. But some people still try to hitch a ride; I see them on the sides of highways as I go on road trips. Or if someone was either on the side of a road or in a gas station lot somewhere pretending to need assistance with something - would she stop and try to help? Because one way someone else may have gotten into her car was through a ruse.

-Another question I have is does she reliably lock her car doors if she is just running in somewhere? Another possible way someone wound up in her car/abducted her could be if they snuck in the backseat while she ran into a store to buy something or use the restroom. I would think *most* gas stations have cameras in the lot, but it's possible LE has not yet located all convenience store footage from her trip or that one was not working or that she parked out of view of a camera at some point.

-I guess a third possibility is if she knew someone on this route, met up with them and things went south.

Nothing new on OSBI's Facebook page or Google News. Maybe the family should set up a missing or search page so that more info can be shared, especially a more complete route & timeline.

Following up on the best leads, were they known, could help target the person or persons who separated her from her vehicle. I hope they get can some DNA or other evidence from the Yukon.

All puzzle, no answers since Aug. 5 is bad. Anything that happens in very rural places even with multiple agencies possible involved can create a cold case pretty quick.

#FindCaitlynRose

I'm kind of inclined to the theory that somebody snuck into her car while she was stopped for gas. Lots of people forget to lock the car while they're filling up.

In the video report at this previously shared link:
The article at the link said the phone and car were in the river, no phone in tree? Can someone tell me if there is any possibility she drove over an embankment into the river? What access is there to get the car into the river? I apologize I am too tired to go back in the thread, but am very interested in this case.

Her route is obviously suspect. She backtracked, why?

The article at the link said the phone and car were in the river, no phone in tree? Can someone tell me if there is any possibility she drove over an embankment into the river? What access is there to get the car into the river? I apologize I am too tired to go back in the thread, but am very interested in this case.

Her route is obviously suspect. She backtracked, why?
The video at the link says her phone was found in a tree. Some of us doubt the veracity of this article & video because no other source says the vehicle was IN the river or gives any details about finding her phone (OSBI says she had "cellphones").

We only know the places OSBI says she traveled. Not which day, what time, etc., except a few details released by OSBI. Both of those releases are in this thread or can be found on the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation Facebook page. They are dated Aug. 13 & 19. They are the quickest way to catch up.
Here are links:

ETA: OSBI says she was no longer in her vehicle after 5 p.m. August 5 when it left Bogata on the way to Paris then OK. We don't know how they know that.

Last edited:
The video at the link says her phone was found in a tree. Some of us doubt the veracity of this article & video because no other source says the vehicle was IN the river or gives any details about finding her phone (OSBI says she had "cellphones").

We only know the places OSBI says she traveled. Not which day, what time, etc., except a few details released by OSBI. Both of those releases are in this thread or can be found on the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation Facebook page. They are dated Aug. 13 & 19. They are the quickest way to catch up.
Here are links:

ETA: OSBI says she was no longer in her vehicle after 5 p.m. August 5 when it left Bogata on the way to Paris then OK. We don't know how they know that.
WOW! Thank you so much. The lack of coherent information is very disappointing. If her car was on the side of the road, next to an embankment, next to a river as one news story states, then could she have gone to potty, been bitten by rattler? Ended up in the river? If the car was in the river, and she drove into the river, could she have been swept away trying to get out of the car. Is this a ridiculous idea, the river too small?

And if her phone is in a tree? What the heck does that mean? Where in the tree, how is it in the tree?

WOW! Thank you so much. The lack of coherent information is very disappointing. If her car was on the side of the road, next to an embankment, next to a river as one news story states, then could she have gone to potty, been bitten by rattler? Ended up in the river? If the car was in the river, and she drove into the river, could she have been swept away trying to get out of the car. Is this a ridiculous idea, the river too small?

And if her phone is in a tree? What the heck does that mean? Where in the tree, how is it in the tree?
OSBI says she never entered OK, only her vehicle did. Most known "sightings" shared by LE are at convenience stores.

Her vehicle was found in a very rural area near the Kiamachi River, which brings up a question of not only who put it there but who picked them up. I'm 99.9% sure she didn't disappear of her own volition & LE seems to be, too.

This appears most likely to be a carjacking but when & where, we can't be sure. Maybe Gainesville if she reached that town on Aug. 4 before turning back toward Paris on Aug. 5? The Aug. 5 video image is the only one OSBI has shared of her during her travels.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy4
Back