Found Deceased OK - Caitlyn Rose Case, 33, Traveling from Louisiana to Colorado, vehicle abandoned in Fort Towson, 5 Aug 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OSBI says she never entered OK, only her vehicle did. Most known "sightings" shared by LE are at convenience stores.

Her vehicle was found in a very rural area near the Kiamachi River, which brings up a question of not only who put it there but who picked them up. I'm 99.9% sure she didn't disappear of her own volition & LE seems to be, too.

This appears most likely to be a carjacking but when & where, we can't be sure. Maybe Gainesville if she reached that town on Aug. 4 before turning back toward Paris on Aug. 5? The Aug. 5 video image is the only one OSBI has shared of her during her travels.
When is her last call to home, or anyone?

She spoke to her father on Aug. 5 when she was near Paris. Sorry, can't find the source for that right now.
No, I read that too, just wanted verification instead of trying to find my source. Thanks!! So when she turned back toward Paris Aug 5, she talked to her father? I wonder if she talked to him before, or after she turned back? Do we know?

I think so too, @Will Willard ! For sure it’s Exxon / Mobil stations with that red box. Of the stations I looked at, only Mobil seemed to have the stone columns.

I took the image below from Google street view at the Gainesville Grandway Travel Center. I’m not sure it reveals anything in particular; I just wanted a better look at that red box!
If I get a chance this weekend I will drive there and put eyes on it. I'm almost positive. And I think she was parked in the center bay. Like directly in front of the door. Like the 4th column to the right when viewing from the highway looking at the store front. When I was younger I worked as a stone mason helper. In the picture they posted look at the blue box for the windshield washer brush. The yellow frame box behind this mounted in the stone I believe is for a fire extinguisher. Now notice to the left of it. Halfway up the side of the yellow box there are some stones that are lighter in color. Start with the bottom white looking stone. 1,2,3 light stones close together then a space then 4, and then a bigger space and a 5th white looking stone, then up a little higher and to the left a black or dark stone. That may as well be a finger print, set in stone. That would positively put her in Gainesville TX. I dont know if she got turned around and went east on 82 when she needed to go west, or what might have happened. But those stones will identify that picture. And 82 east would take her towards Paris. But it still doesn't explain Bogata, Gladewater, Mt Pleasant. Because she would have to travel through Paris to get to Bogata. And I understand LE to say she was traveling the opposite direction. But if she exited I20 at Kilgore and took 271 the towns make sense, other than the southern loop around Paris and exiting on 79 through the boonies and around the lakes and back to 271 which would take you to Oklahoma and 109 exit to below Ft Towson. But then that leaves out Gainesville. I think I know what happened but its speculation and thats not really allowed here.

No, I read that too, just wanted verification instead of trying to find my source. Thanks!! So when she turned back toward Paris Aug 5, she talked to her father? I wonder if she talked to him before, or after she turned back? Do we know?
Ya she spoke to him going in that direction. But I think it was closer to Bogata. I know she got lost. I previously thought she had driven this route but I was wrong. She was lost. She had to have taken I20 from La to Lewisville then Gainsville. Accidentally went east out of Gainesville and was lost. Ended up back in Gladewater almost at I20 again. Then got on 271 and picked up Mt Pleasant, Bogata, Pattonvile, Paris. That makes no sense unless you were lost and frantic and panicked, which she was. I don't know if that's allowed here or not. I know they are still out in force looking for her too. Shes not just some random person. Caitlyn isn't just some random female that nobody cares about. This isn't going to be swept under the rug.

ETA: OSBI says she was no longer in her vehicle after 5 p.m. August 5 when it left Bogata on the way to Paris then OK.
Can you point me to where they say that? I’ve only seen them say they don’t think she was ever in Oklahoma.

Can you point me to where they say that? I’ve only seen them say they don’t think she was ever in Oklahoma.
That is my interpretation of this OSBI statement:
During the course of the investigation, Special Agents have determined that 33-year-old Case’s last known location was in the Bogata, Texas area.

I’m no photoshop expert, but I played around with the image on my iPhone and it definitely looks like either man with a fedora-style hat, or something being hauled in the cargo space.
(I tried to upload the pictures directly, but the site is telling it’s too big to upload, so I uploaded them to Imgur)
I cannot unsee a person wearing a bucket-style hat in this photo. :(

During the course of the investigation, Special Agents have determined that 33-year-old Case’s last known location was in the Bogata, Texas area.
Fair enough - I guess I read that as unknown whereabouts between Bogata and Red River.

She was lost. She had to have taken I20 from La to Lewisville then Gainsville. Accidentally went east out of Gainesville and was lost. Ended up back in Gladewater almost at I20 again. Then got on 271 and picked up Mt Pleasant, Bogata, Pattonvile, Paris. That makes no sense unless you were lost and frantic and panicked, which she was.

I hear what you're saying, but dang, that's a whole lotta lost, especially in this day of GPS, map apps, and the like.

It also doesn't account for the sheer amount of time involved. Let's say the photo at the gas station was in Gainesville. It's roughly 3 hours back to Gladewater, then another hour to Mt Pleasant up 271, an hour again to Paris. 5 hours.

Even if that photo was taken as late as possible (6am-ish) where was she for the 6+ hours before talking to her dad near Bogata? If it was taken at midnight-ish, then that's even more unaccounted for time.

Ya she spoke to him going in that direction. But I think it was closer to Bogata. I know she got lost. I previously thought she had driven this route but I was wrong. She was lost. She had to have taken I20 from La to Lewisville then Gainsville. Accidentally went east out of Gainesville and was lost. Ended up back in Gladewater almost at I20 again. Then got on 271 and picked up Mt Pleasant, Bogata, Pattonvile, Paris. That makes no sense unless you were lost and frantic and panicked, which she was. I don't know if that's allowed here or not. I know they are still out in force looking for her too. Shes not just some random person. Caitlyn isn't just some random female that nobody cares about. This isn't going to be swept under the rug.
Great info. Why was she so panicked? She was taking a drive to visit in Colorado. Why would getting lost, when you can ask people for directions, would she be so panicked? It sure would explain the erratic driving route, but I don't understand with GPS and people around, why you would be panicked. What am I missing? Was she in a super secluded area? I need a YouTube video to catch me up.

Great info. Why was she so panicked? She was taking a drive to visit in Colorado. Why would getting lost, when you can ask people for directions, would she be so panicked? It sure would explain the erratic driving route, but I don't understand with GPS and people around, why you would be panicked. What am I missing? Was she in a super secluded area? I need a YouTube video to catch me up.
I don't think she was panicked. We have no source (MSM or LE) that says she was panicked.

I also don't think we have enough evidence to assume her route was erractic. I posted my theory of her route:
This is how I see her route:

Aug 4 - on the way to Colorado
Houma
Shreveport
Gladewater
Lewisville
Gainesville - rests/stays overnight

Aug 5 - Backtracks for some reason
Gainesville to Paris
Paris to Bogata
Someone else takes control of car near Bogata & drives north thru Paris to where her car was left south of Fort Towson

Plausible/implausible?
The Mt. Pleasant stop is not factored in my above scenario, though. Unable to see that stop making sense on either day.

I wish we knew her state of mind when she spoke with her father on Aug. 5. We need to know much more about how, when & where she & her vehicle became separated.

I think OSBI should release her known route for both days. If they do that, I have a hunch we will be 50% closer to answering many of our questions.

One or more persons took her vehicle & left her somewhere in Texas since OSBI says she was never in Oklahoma.

Where is she? Was this simply a crime of opportunity? Somebody knows & should help her family find her by calling OSBI.

#FindCaitlynRose

I’m no photoshop expert, but I played around with the image on my iPhone and it definitely looks like either man with a fedora-style hat, or something being hauled in the cargo space.
(I tried to upload the pictures directly, but the site is telling it’s too big to upload, so I uploaded them to Imgur)
Sure does look like a guy is in the bk seat.

This is interesting. A man from Idabel, OK named Eric Haley was reported missing on August 3rd, two days before Caitlyn went missing. Idabel is 30 minutes away from Fort Towson, OK, and about an hour from Paris, TX. It could just be a coincidence that two people went missing in the same area around the same time, but it definitely makes you wonder.

Source: McCurtain County Sheriff’s seeks community help in search for missing man - MyParisTexas

This is interesting. A man from Idabel, OK named Eric Haley was reported missing on August 3rd, two days before Caitlyn went missing. Idabel is 30 minutes away from Fort Towson, OK, and about an hour from Paris, TX. It could just be a coincidence that two people went missing in the same area around the same time, but it definitely makes you wonder.

Source: McCurtain County Sheriff’s seeks community help in search for missing man - MyParisTexas
Looks completely unrelated to me. CRC was a female traveling alone across Texas when she disappeared.

This man went missing after work in Idabel near Broken Bow, last seen in the company of ex-wife. I see no circumstances or location that overlap.

YMMV
MOO

Well, y’all, it’s been 3 weeks since Caitlyn Rose Case was last heard from.

Idle wonderings:

- did she have a dog with her?
- did she have airpods? (These can geo-track like a phone)
- assuming foul play, why were the perpetrators in the Bogata / Pattonville area to begin with?
- are they local to Frogville/ Ft Towson OK, or just familiar with the area (hunters, maybe?)
- why are the OSBI being so tight-lipped with info like searches or actual route they (must) know she took?
- do they have reason to believe she’s alive or dead?

Hopefully they’ll issue another update today.

Fair enough - I guess I read that as unknown whereabouts between Bogata and Red River.

I hear what you're saying, but dang, that's a whole lotta lost, especially in this day of GPS, map apps, and the like.

It also doesn't account for the sheer amount of time involved. Let's say the photo at the gas station was in Gainesville. It's roughly 3 hours back to Gladewater, then another hour to Mt Pleasant up 271, an hour again to Paris. 5 hours.

Even if that photo was taken as late as possible (6am-ish) where was she for the 6+ hours before talking to her dad near Bogata? If it was taken at midnight-ish, then that's even more unaccounted for time.
That photo was taken in the dark. Which would be like after 9pm at least. So we aren't even on the right day are we?

That photo was taken in the dark. Which would be like after 9pm at least. So we aren't even on the right day are we?
If she made it to Gainesville on Aug. 4, that image could have been captured anytime after sunset on the 4th or before sunrise on the 5th. (From earlier sleuthing in this thread, that footage may be from a Mobil station in Gainesville.)

Houma to Gainesville would have been a long day of driving (if that was her Aug. 4 route) so maybe she rested at a hotel or in her car & was leaving before sunrise on the 5th to continue north when things took a bad turn?

At this point, solving the crime - if there is one - is important but finding her is most critical. The longer we go with no idea if she is dead or alive, the sadder this becomes.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
documentaryh
Back