OK - Crimes in Southeastern Oklahoma

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Missing from their home was Leota's black purse, in which she was known to carry large amounts of cash, authorities said." (Slain woman praised for her work, devotion)

See also the Neff case (on the Neff thread, Mr. Neff's daughter refers to him with the words "he was an atm for many...he did always carry money in his shirt pocket too and it was not strange to carry that much"---$740 was found in his pocket when his body was recovered) and the Jamison case (in which "a substantial amount" of cash was found in their vehicle).

If that is all they are basing the difference on, the ballistic fingerprinting, then they should really look again. Not only is the forensics of ballistic fingerprinting not 100% accurate but people can own more then one gun. That seems so strange.

"Missing from their home was Leota's black purse, in which she was known to carry large amounts of cash, authorities said." (Slain woman praised for her work, devotion)

See also the Neff case (on the Neff thread, Mr. Neff's daughter refers to him with the words "he was an atm for many...he did always carry money in his shirt pocket too and it was not strange to carry that much"---$740 was found in his pocket when his body was recovered) and the Jamison case (in which "a substantial amount" of cash was found in their vehicle).

Yes, I'm noticing the potential robbery pattern. But really if someone is being "invited" in and then taking the money and feeling the need to shoot them.. Maybe it is someone that they could easily I.D.? Or he enjoys killing? I guess that's impossible to figure out. Hrm...:waitasec:

Yes, I'm noticing the potential robbery pattern. But really if someone is being "invited" in and then taking the money and feeling the need to shoot them.. Maybe it is someone that they could easily I.D.? Or he enjoys killing? I guess that's impossible to figure out. Hrm...:waitasec:

Area speculation in the Huls case was that they knew their killers.

We can add Gary Arrington to the list, he's missing, it's suspicious =(
Here's a link to his thread in the missing section here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92036"]Gary Arrington 40 yrs, Indianola, Ok Oklahoma MISSING - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Good news:
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation forms new cold case unit to find DNA evidence

Bad news:
"The OSBI does not consider recent high-profile cases such as the fatal shootings of Taylor Paschal-Placker, 13, and Skyla Whitaker, 11, near Weleetka in 2008 and the August slaying of pastor Carol Daniels in Anadarko to be cold, because investigators still have leads to follow."

Good news:
At least they claim they're still following leads.

No news:
About how this will affect cases such as the Denneys' and the Huls', the Freeman/Bible case, etc.

http://newsok.com/osbi-forms-new-cold-case-unit-to-find-dna-evidence/article/3420292

Hopefully they really are still following leads. It's hard for us to know since LE has to give the okay to the media or ask the media there to print something for them before the media does it..
Here's the link for Gary Arrington who is missing in Okla. His cousin is also on the thread, it would be great if we could get some type of closure for the families involved in all these cases..

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92036"]OK- Gary Arrington 40 yrs, Indianola MISSING - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Sameole posted this list on the OK- Family Missing; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned thread:

These are from my old notes, and as far as I know they are still unsolved. They are not in order. All were found dead.

Feb 21, 2002- Hope Meek-valliant, Ok.

Between Aug 1999 and Jan, 2002
Jane Chafton, Found near Velma, Ok.
Cassandra Ramsey,Found near bridge, Jefferson county

Mandy Raite, Found in comanche County.

June, 1988-Mary Pewitt-Comanche County
July 1997-Ricky Lynn Gatewood/Debra Kay-Pontotoc County near Ada. Shot in Head
July 1997-Tiffany Johnston(my notes don't have a place.)
March 1997-Thomas Richard Humphers, Left home in Ada, Found in Lake Texoma, cumberland Cove Resort.
Feb. 1996-Danny Oakly/Doris Harris-Burned home, Delaware County.
June 1997-Found in Hominy Hotel.(I don't have the her name on my notes.)
May 1992- Wendy Camp, 6yr old Cynthia Britto, Sister-in-law Lisa Kregar, dissapeared near Shamrock.
Robert Austin Owens-Feb 4, 1991-healdton, Ok. Found shot at home.
August 11, 1997-Gerthie Carolina-found at home-seminole County, near Sasakwa, Ok.
June 23,1996-Janice Powers-found shot in her backyard-Caddo County.
Oct. 18,1998-Alexander S. Williams-found in trunk-Chickasha.
Sept.20,1997-Leah Rochelle Mahseet-body near Geary, Ok.
March 14, 1998- Leonard Dirickson-Last seen heading to Mobeetie, Tx.
Jan.5, 1981=Tracy Diane Neilson-found stabbed in Apt. Moore, Ok.
Nov. 12, 1988-Dwayne McCorkendale-Shot at truck stop near Chandler, Ok.
Dec. 30, 1999- Ashley Freeman and Lauria Bible-Vinita. (I don't believe they ever found their bodies.)
Suddenly, the dates of unsolved murders jumps, and I believe this is actual.

Sept.22, 2006-Brette Wolfe, Seminole, Ok.
Dec. 25, 2007 Jack and Elaine Denny-Cherokee County
June 17, 2007-Pamela Purser-Lone Grove
Sept 17,2007-Jasmon Howell-Idabel
May 2, 2008 Johnny Lee-Altus, Ok.
Nov.27, 2007-Denice Stice-Ok. City-Lake Overholser.
May 2007-Skull Found north of Tulsa-Osage County.

These are by no means all of them, I left out the Weleetka girls, Frieda/Marie Dighton.

I can add:
....to the Freeman/Bible kidnappings (and presumed deaths) the names of the parents, who were killed at the same time: Kathy and Danny Freeman
....Sam Sanders, killed during a home invasion in rural Ottawa County, near Fairland, 2009

For others---Mr. Neff, Jody Rilee-Wilson, the Huls double homicide, Pastor Carol Daniels, etc., see posts above (mayelf, post #12, plus the thread-starter from sweetheart29 et al.).

Texas teen slain in Idabel; mom pleads for information

IDABEL — State investigators aren't releasing any details about the slaying of a 15-year-old Texas girl found lying in a pool of blood in the bathroom of a community center in Idabel. But the girl's mother said investigators told her that her daughter had been shot and wrapped in a sheet.

Sharonda Bronner, 15, or Paris, Texas was found murdered Monday in a coummunity center restroom in Idabel. Photo provided.

Sharonda Ann Bronner, an eighth grader from Paris, Texas, had been staying with friends in Idabel, her mother, Sharon Bronner said. The teen was supposed to go home Monday.

OSBI spokeswoman Jessica Brown said the teenager's body was found Monday afternoon, and investigators do not have a suspect or motive for the slaying.

http://www.newsok.com/texas-teen-sl...article/3424015?custom_click=headlines_widget

Hi everyone! As a native Oklahoman, I am so glad to see that someone has finally noticed the problems in Oklahoma with LE and media coverage with regard to missing and murdered persons. It is great to know that all the inquisitive minds on this forum (l have lurked here for a very long time) are turning their attention to this.

I would like to respectfully ask that the disappearances in Cordell be included as well. (One of them was included on a map on the Jamison family thread, which led to the creation of this thread.)

There are currently two missing persons from Cordell--Melissa Flores, and Anthony Holland. I have some knowledge of the Flores case, and I can certainly second wfgodot's comments regarding LE ineptitude or lack of motivation, whichever the case may be.

Regardless, these cases grow colder every day and without continued attention, they may never come home. So, again, can we include these two on this Oklahoma thread?

Thank you.

Texas teen slain in Idabel; mom pleads for information

IDABEL — State investigators aren't releasing any details about the slaying of a 15-year-old Texas girl found lying in a pool of blood in the bathroom of a community center in Idabel. But the girl's mother said investigators told her that her daughter had been shot and wrapped in a sheet.

Sharonda Bronner, 15, or Paris, Texas was found murdered Monday in a coummunity center restroom in Idabel. Photo provided.

Sharonda Ann Bronner, an eighth grader from Paris, Texas, had been staying with friends in Idabel, her mother, Sharon Bronner said. The teen was supposed to go home Monday.

OSBI spokeswoman Jessica Brown said the teenager's body was found Monday afternoon, and investigators do not have a suspect or motive for the slaying.

http://www.newsok.com/texas-teen-sl...article/3424015?custom_click=headlines_widget

I have been following Sharonda's case, also. But like always, Oklahoma LE is keeping "hush" on the details. Her poor mother can't even get any details about what happened.

Whoa, I had no idea either. And I am thinking of a planning a weekend up to the Beaver's Bend area (no worry, my hubby will protect me with all he's got, which is a lot:crazy:).

I would suggest that this area is very, shall we say, underserved by media. Part of SE OK is technically considered part of the media coverage area where I live, the "Ark-La-Tex," but one rarely hears any news except weather coverage from the area. Too far from Dallas or Little Rock or OKC to make much news there either, I suspect.

Whoa, I had no idea either. And I am thinking of a planning a weekend up to the Beaver's Bend area (no worry, my hubby will protect me with all he's got, which is a lot:crazy:).

I would suggest that this area is very, shall we say, underserved by media. Part of SE OK is technically considered part of the media coverage area where I live, the "Ark-La-Tex," but one rarely hears any news except weather coverage from the area. Too far from Dallas or Little Rock or OKC to make much news there either, I suspect.

What town are you from. Its sound like your from my neck of the woods. I am from Antlers

What town are you from. Its sound like your from my neck of the woods. I am from Antlers

I live in a tiny town in Northwest Louisiana, about 40 miles southeast of Shreveport.

i'm from Oklahoma too, and it is quite frustrating to me as well. the unsolved cases, not just in the SE but in the SW as well. there seems to be an influx of home invasions too. and for LE to stay very mum on the most horrific crimes , while others get publicized all over. I appreciate this thread too, thanks!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen
Back