OK OK - Daryn Collie, 32, Guthrie, 26 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish I could clarify my statements better. I've been taken wrong in a couple of ways, but it's wholly my own fault for my abysmal word choice and tone used while posting.

The only "wasted hours" I was referring to were any hours spent by LE on something that might have been avoided had information been shared sooner. When I said this, I was mainly echoing the sentiment already stated by others before me who were thinking that the Darraby name for his fursona was in fact incorrect all this time, and really was Pulse. Now we've seen in the past handful of posts that perhaps we shouldn't give up on the Darraby fursona after all, so that wasn't wasted time at all. (And to be clear, I mean wasted ON HIS BEHALF.. like, if he NEEDS to be found and LE was following up on an incorrect name then that would, to him I'm sure, feel like time wasted looking up a wrong name, because it would then take longer to find him in the long run... I'm still not saying it right probably. I mean for HIM, wasted time. )

I surely never meant to imply that I personally felt I had wasted my time reading this thread and replying because I felt that I was not spoonfed enough information personally by family members to keep my spoiled little sleuthypants comfortable.

I was only thinking if he's met with foul play and LE has potential leads that haven't been followed through in a timely manner, like the gas station thing for example and the tolls, due perhaps to thinking that it's likely to be a voluntary disappearance, then it's a lot of time wasted for his sake when he may need to be found, and quickly. Wasted is probably the wrong word. I mean, it's a lot of days added into the grand scheme of his disappearance, maybe... ugh I suck at this.

I'm very sorry for how I"ve come off to you all, and I can only hope that by sticking around and trying to help I can prove to you all that I'm not what it would seem. Foot-In-Mouth Syndrome has been a chronic ailment of mine and I swear it's going to be fatal someday.

I didn't know Daryn well but I did speak with him on a daily basis. He was kind of quiet and if a question about his personal life came up he would be very vague in his answers. Example... When asked if he did anything fun over the weekend he would just say he got together with friends. I know his size has been mentioned in earlier posts, but Daryn had a real gental demeanor about him. Not intimidating at all. And to clarify his nails on both hands were filed yo points

But he DID only have the titanium claw point on the ONE thumb, correct?:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=665849466764845&set=gm.468983279845027&type=1&theater

Mytee, for the sake of a transatlantic phone bill, I can't offer to call anywhere but I absolutely can offer to send as many e-mails as I possibly can manage! Let me know.

ETA: That being said I am fairly out of action from tomorrow afternoon until Sunday night. Going to my Graduation Ball. :) If we have heard nothing else from LE on that front by Sunday night, I can start then perhaps?

Sounds awesome! Holler when you're back "in harness," lol.

And Graduation Ball?! Do tell!!!!!

To use literary parlance, this case would at times seem to be being told by an unreliable narrator.

(Nods)

A lot of "wagging the dog," if you will...or in this case..."wagging the cat" would be more appropriate, I suppose.

Sounds awesome! Holler when you're back "in harness," lol.

And Graduation Ball?! Do tell!!!!!

I definitely will. :)

Yup, just graduated from Nottingham University over here. :) Did my degree in History and American Studies (I'm a total Yankophile). So we have our grad ball tomorrow night! Praying for some good weather as I'm looking out the window and it's grey and miserable! :please:

I really wish I could clarify my statements better. I've been taken wrong in a couple of ways, but it's wholly my own fault for my abysmal word choice and tone used while posting.

The only "wasted hours" I was referring to were any hours spent by LE on something that might have been avoided had information been shared sooner. When I said this, I was mainly echoing the sentiment already stated by others before me who were thinking that the Darraby name for his fursona was in fact incorrect all this time, and really was Pulse. Now we've seen in the past handful of posts that perhaps we shouldn't give up on the Darraby fursona after all, so that wasn't wasted time at all. (And to be clear, I mean wasted ON HIS BEHALF.. like, if he NEEDS to be found and LE was following up on an incorrect name then that would, to him I'm sure, feel like time wasted looking up a wrong name, because it would then take longer to find him in the long run... I'm still not saying it right probably. I mean for HIM, wasted time. )

I surely never meant to imply that I personally felt I had wasted my time reading this thread and replying because I felt that I was not spoonfed enough information personally by family members to keep my spoiled little sleuthypants comfortable.

I was only thinking if he's met with foul play and LE has potential leads that haven't been followed through in a timely manner, like the gas station thing for example and the tolls, due perhaps to thinking that it's likely to be a voluntary disappearance, then it's a lot of time wasted for his sake when he may need to be found, and quickly. Wasted is probably the wrong word. I mean, it's a lot of days added into the grand scheme of his disappearance, maybe... ugh I suck at this.

I'm very sorry for how I"ve come off to you all, and I can only hope that by sticking around and trying to help I can prove to you all that I'm not what it would seem. Foot-In-Mouth Syndrome has been a chronic ailment of mine and I swear it's going to be fatal someday.

In light of your description of your own personal missing persons hell, I think we can understand the need to lash out in frustration. If nothing else, your post gave me a good segue way to a)brag on these folks (and I cannot do that enough!!!) and b) remind people that there is far more going on in this case (and most cases) than people just sitting and posting and c) throwing down the gauntlet to any member who isn't already up to their necks in projects to help with some of the ongoing tasks at hand!

One really neat thing about this thread is that so many people have found their "natural niche" when it comes to the tasks at hand. We all have certain talents, and we can all contribute!!! For example, 'godot hunts MSM like my Pom sniffs out treats. Me....the headline could be this big and I'd manage to miss it. Steady can wave her magic wand and conjure up research materials in a matter of seconds, and she is great at putting things into perspective (and calming me down, lol). 'Bella isn't afraid to call countless strangers and plead our case to the facilities to help find Gypsy; and she is good at organizing that task to avoid duplication of effort. A number of you are great at restructuring our info so that we can view it from other angles. Still others are great at being our cheerleaders and keeping us charged up. These are just a few examples.

There are some simple tasks that could be done too. Heck, I wish we had an "official greeter" for newcomers. Any one or two of you want to step in for that?

And you know what? Anyone that takes on the task of giving us reason to giggle now and then...well that's more than welcome. Because we are dealing virtually non-stop in not-so-funny subject areas...and laughter is good for regenerating the mind, body, spirit...and enthusiasm!

So if any member doesn't already have their assigned task, self-assigned task, comfy role, etc., think of an area where you feel safe/secure/"abilitied" (that's one of "my" rehabilitation words) and get to it! And we'll all love ya for it!!!

Just bouncing off your post, Gracie. If by the time some of us get through with our other assigned tasks the gas stations have not been canvassed, then we will proceed to get the word out ourselves. OR if there are any members here with the reputation for following through with huge tasks that aren't already up to their arses in alligators and want to volunteer to coordinate that effort....step forward! Otherwise, we can only do so many tasks at once, and canvassing gas stations would best be done by LE who could actually view any possible video and obtain it for the investigation. The best we can do is call and email and provide posters. It is not the job of this membership to do every task, but we are more than willing to do whatever we can. And we are working our fingers to the bone to do whatever we can.

And folks remember: If you're not a part of the solution....you're adding to the problem. Think about that. This comment is not aimed at anyone in particular by any means. But if the ole cyber shoe fits.....

Not that posters who want to come in and read about the case and maybe just offer a few observations aren't extremely welcome, too! :grouphug:

When we get to this point in a case about a missing adult who is strongly suspected of leaving voluntarily, I think it's quite understandable for members not to be willing to "go the extra mile." Each member has to weigh how much they want to help alleviate a family's fear and sadness with how comfortable they are hunting someone down and laying open for public view the life of a person who may have good reason for taking off, for all we know.
In this case, I'm coming down on the side of the family and of possible foul play, but members who'd rather take a less intrusive approach have a good point, too, IMO.

I definitely will. :)

Yup, just graduated from Nottingham University over here. :) Did my degree in History and American Studies (I'm a total Yankophile). So we have our grad ball tomorrow night! Praying for some good weather as I'm looking out the window and it's grey and miserable! :please:

Congrats!!!!!!!!

:party::balloons::fireworks:

and for the weather:

:please:

Not that posters who want to come in and read about the case and maybe just offer a few observations aren't extremely welcome, too! :grouphug:

When we get to this point in a case about a missing adult who is strongly suspected of leaving voluntarily, I think it's quite understandable for members not to be willing to "go the extra mile." Each member has to weigh how much they want to help alleviate a family's fear and sadness with how comfortable they are hunting someone down and laying open for public view the life of a person who may have good reason for taking off, for all we know.
In this case, I'm coming down on the side of the family and of possible foul play, but members who'd rather take a less intrusive approach have a good point, too, IMO.

That's a really good point, Steadfast. I'm certainly of the belief, at least with the information we have up to this point, that it was a voluntary disappearance. So right now I don't want to feel like I'm being too intrusive - if it's what Daryn wants, it's what he wants, and who am I to try and dig around for information to try and locate him when at the heart of this might be the simple fact that he doesn't want to be found?

That being said, having become so involved emotionally with this case on my own level, I just desperately want to know that he is safe, so working from the position of a planned, desired 'disappearance,' I kind of see my own role as just establishing or at least trying to find evidence that he IS safe and well. I hope that makes sense!

That's a really good point, Steadfast. I'm certainly of the belief, at least with the information we have up to this point, that it was a voluntary disappearance. So right now I don't want to feel like I'm being too intrusive - if it's what Daryn wants, it's what he wants, and who am I to try and dig around for information to try and locate him when at the heart of this might be the simple fact that he doesn't want to be found?

That being said, having become so involved emotionally with this case on my own level, I just desperately want to know that he is safe, so working from the position of a planned, desired 'disappearance,' I kind of see my own role as just establishing or at least trying to find evidence that he IS safe and well. I hope that makes sense!

I makes sense to me! I think that is much of what is motivating all of us. Is he safe and well? Even if that's not our business, he seems so loveable and interesting that we MUST know!

Not that posters who want to come in and read about the case and maybe just offer a few observations aren't extremely welcome, too! :grouphug:*

In this case, I'm coming down on the side of the family and of possible foul play, but members who'd rather take a less intrusive approach have a good point, too, IMO.*

*And Steady's great at gently smacking me on top of my widdle mouse head and saying, "Don't overdo it and scare folks away, mouse!" lol

Well, most of ya'll know I have a dawg in this hunt, and I am subject to putting my feet under the same Thanksgiving table as Daryn's immediate family, so yeah, I'm coming down on the side of the family too. As for foul play, suicide, hiding incognito, ran off with the circus (or in this case the Gypsy), I'm absolutely :scared: I'm sure wfgodot can tell us who said, "Expect the worst and hope for the best?" I guess that's the side I'm sitting on right now.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=211874166766181217312.0004decb3056d97ec0ebf&msa=0

Can someone please tell me if you can see the gas stations on this map, its hard because I could see the stars on my link yesterday, but no one else could.... so not certain if I am the only one who can see it today or not.... Let me know.... Thank you much...

This is a really great map, I don't know how to do the routes like you've done. I bookmarked it but thought I'd bring this forward for anyone who missed it, and so I can reference it more easily today. I think I'm best off doing some mental mapwork today rather than posting. :silenced:

Yes mytee I believe it was only one hand but don't quote me on that. I tried not to stare in fear of seeming rude.

This is a really great map, I don't know how to do the routes like you've done. I bookmarked it but thought I'd bring this forward for anyone who missed it, and so I can reference it more easily today. I think I'm best off doing some mental mapwork today rather than posting. :silenced:

Hahaha! I might need to put some tape over my mouth as well! So...please pass the tape!!!

I have been wondering if Daryn was into D and D? Was he into Magic the Gathering? Probably of no relevance whatsoever, but am just curious.

*And Steady's great at gently smacking me on top of my widdle mouse head and saying, "Don't overdo it and scare folks away, mouse!" lol

Well, most of ya'll know I have a dawg in this hunt, and I am subject to putting my feet under the same Thanksgiving table as Daryn's immediate family, so yeah, I'm coming down on the side of the family too. As for foul play, suicide, hiding incognito, ran off with the circus (or in this case the Gypsy), I'm absolutely :scared: I'm sure wfgodot can tell us who said, "Expect the worst and hope for the best?" I guess that's the side I'm sitting on right now.

The 750+ posts and 18,200+ page views and the resultant untold number of outreach, real life posts and inquiries by members are all your doing, Mytee! This thread would have basically ended when it began without your efforts!
:yourock:

I personally haven't felt any mockery over the Furry issue here - I hadn't heard of it before so for me it was just something to get my head around in terms of how it could in any way explain anything at all. I think that's probably the same for most people. :)

Oh and it was also mentioned in the context of it obviously being a little bit unusual so a lot of us wondered why, with that as a kind of biting point, mainstream media hadn't really taken it up.

I have not seen any "occasional whiff or mockery" over Daryn being a furry.
I have been following this thread very closely, and unless I am just not enlightened, and can't read between the lines, (which to me I am "good" at reading between the lines), then I just don't follow you....

I didn't think so either. I have never heard of this, but have seen the catwoman on the news, who changed her appearance to be more like a cat. I think most of us were curious and since there was a name confusion, it became deeper. I think Daryn looks like a nice guy and I have seen nothing bad said about him on FB or anywhere. I hope he is off having a great time.
I thank his friend for helping us to know him better!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missmichelle1932