OK - Donald 'Joe' Neff, 61, Poteau, 14 May 2009 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MMD - I keep thinking about you and your Dad. I wish so much that I had some incredible insight that would help you solve this. I am new here and don't have all of the neat skills some of the others have. Have you asked for assistance from the Forensic Astrology group? I'm telling you, they are truly amazing. I just found that group and was shocked down to my toes at their skills. I never believed in that kind of thing before, but I do now. I'm sure, if you asked them to look at your case, they would be able to offer you some insights that might help.

MMD...I have to agree with Belinda...I can't say that I necessarily understand all of what the astrologers post because a lot of it is over my head (!) but they are amazingly astute. IMO, it's not a bad idea and is certainly worth a try.

I have sent an email, if you know any of the posters on the forensic astrology would you please send 'em my way? thanks so much. It can't hurt, I am open to any suggestions. thanks again, good night all!!!

Just spent the last 3 hours reading over this thread, so sorry if i ask something that has already been answered.

Was the door to the room with the safe one that had a self locking lock on it? My office has a knob that locks automatically unless I use the key to spin the mechanism in it.

Just wondering if the reason that the safe was left open was because he received a call or was approached in town/at the bar and told to get something out of the safe (money or something else, paperwork, photos, who knows). What would cause an otherwise smart and calm and confident man to panic and rush off without locking the safe? The threat that harm would come to someone he loved, his girlfriend or his family perhaps?

He then went back to the bar where they were waiting and took his life. If they were after a specific amount or some other item it would stand to reason that they wouldn't have searched him.

Dumping a body destroys evidence, gives the killers time, shows that they were thinking, that this may have been planned. It doesn't sound like the pond is a quick drive by and drop place but something someone would have thought about beforehand.

As for the possibility of him seeing Jodi's killer, why wouldn't that person have killed him then on the spot? And if the killer waited, then that means Jodi's killer knew or at minimum recognized Joe and knew where to find him.

MMD-
Can you discuss what was left in the safe?
Can you tell us what type of lock was on the door?

Sorry, that's all I've got right now, I'm exhausted.

Sarx....your theory is a good one and I have to admit I had not thought of that before. I have been stuck on the theory that Joe was possibly approached at the bar by someone he knows who was in the company of a female companion. From what I have gathered it sounds like Joe was a gentleman and would not have thought twice about allowing them entrance even before business hours. But the idea that he was lured to the bar under the premise of payment of securing the safety of a family member/friend/loved one definitely has merit. Why bother checking his pockets if they got what they were after in the first place? Whatever it was, Joe earned it the honest way and these low-life pieces of trash took it the easy way. Sleeze-bags.

MMD, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family, I am so very sorry for your loss.

One thing I wanted to ask was which NAPA did your father go to that morning? I went to NAPA's site and the nearest one was in Pocola, is this the one?

If it is, it's kind of ironic that the strip mine is only about 2 miles from there?

I'm doing all my guesses from the maps on the web and NAPA's site, so if I'm off, please forgive me, I just was curious as to how far Napa was from the saloon and found it odd that the closest one was not far from where he was found.

If it was the Pocola Napa, could he have caught someone's attention while there, they followed him to the saloon and left him on their way back to Pocola? Could he have recognized the person from the store and that was why he let them in and that could be why there was no forced entry.

Of course all of this is moot if he went to one of the other Napa's but it was something I wanted to share, just in case.

*hugs to you*

just spent the last 3 hours reading over this thread, so sorry if i ask something that has already been answered.

Was the door to the room with the safe one that had a self locking lock on it? My office has a knob that locks automatically unless i use the key to spin the mechanism in it.

Just wondering if the reason that the safe was left open was because he received a call or was approached in town/at the bar and told to get something out of the safe (money or something else, paperwork, photos, who knows). What would cause an otherwise smart and calm and confident man to panic and rush off without locking the safe? The threat that harm would come to someone he loved, his girlfriend or his family perhaps?

He then went back to the bar where they were waiting and took his life. If they were after a specific amount or some other item it would stand to reason that they wouldn't have searched him.

Dumping a body destroys evidence, gives the killers time, shows that they were thinking, that this may have been planned. It doesn't sound like the pond is a quick drive by and drop place but something someone would have thought about beforehand.

As for the possibility of him seeing jodi's killer, why wouldn't that person have killed him then on the spot? And if the killer waited, then that means jodi's killer knew or at minimum recognized joe and knew where to find him.

Mmd-
can you discuss what was left in the safe?
Can you tell us what type of lock was on the door?

Sorry, that's all i've got right now, i'm exhausted.

the door only locked manually, and was unlocked with a key.

He was acting normal while paying bills, not anxious or anything. It is possible that somebody threatened that they were going to harm one of his loved ones.

I cannot even fathom the idea that some sick mind could pre-meditate such a thing. I guess you have to think like a criminal. They would have to haul a body 20 minutes, what if they had been pulled over by police?? This was around noon. Who would be crazy enough to be able to drive normal in those circumstances. The killer could not possibly have the ability to feel guilt.

I do not think he saw jodis killer. I really doubt that the 2 cases are related. My thoughts were since he did run the bar, or rode around in the mountains on the weekends. Could there have been an argument/drug deal/a cheating spouse/an overheard threat of some kind? Any number of things could have placed dad "in the wrong place at the wrong time". Maybe they came back to make sure he never told what he saw. Its just another one of my many theories.

Items in safe were some guns, and property deeds.
The safe had a combination/key entry. You could open it either way.
I hope this helps......a huge thank you to all that take time out of thier busy lives to share and endure my heartache. Bless you each and every one.

sarx....your theory is a good one and i have to admit i had not thought of that before. I have been stuck on the theory that joe was possibly approached at the bar by someone he knows who was in the company of a female companion. From what i have gathered it sounds like joe was a gentleman and would not have thought twice about allowing them entrance even before business hours. But the idea that he was lured to the bar under the premise of payment of securing the safety of a family member/friend/loved one definitely has merit. Why bother checking his pockets if they got what they were after in the first place? Whatever it was, joe earned it the honest way and these low-life pieces of trash took it the easy way. Sleeze-bags.

yes sleeze-bags!!!! Amen sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying to figure out scenarios for the door/safe issue.

Would it have been possible for your Dad to have unlocked the door, using the key, leaving the keys still in the door, go to the safe in a rush, leaving it open and then obviously needing to get the keys out he would have locked the door again to get the key out?

I'm so sorry to have to be asking more and more.

I have been reading about this case for 2 days.
We need the autopsy report.
It should be available through the Freedom of Info. Act.

I believe there are 2 perps attached to this murder.
At least one was recognizable to Joe.
At least one was familiar to the area.
DNA may be available from the bar but, was probably destroyed by the water.

MMD I just wanted to say that not everyone in poteau has forgotten, I lived there my whole life, just recently moved to texas in december, and I was checking online to see if any new leads about your dads case had come up, I'm sorry that the Police are shutting you out, I think they're just embaressed that they have unsolved murders, and even Mikals case where they know who did it, they can't even go to trial.
I only met your dad a couple times, My best friends mom was a regular at the bar, Kathy Madewell everyone called her Kat and we often had to run in there to get her.
I really don't have any new ideas, other than the ones that have already been stated. but I really hope something comes up, and your dad gets some justice!

MMD - I'm guessing that you found this out from the folks in town he talked with that morning; you spoke with them personally?

yes I talked with them. They both assured me he was his normal cheery self. Very happy and talked with them, then left to go to work.

the Napa store that he went to was in Poteau, It is on McKenna Street. I have never tried to make a map on here so I may try to do that. In some older posts I have all the directions and distances. Imagine a map the bar is first, go south east about 3 minutes then dads house. Head south about 4 or so minutes there is the napa and water dept. Then continue on heading south about 4 or 5 minutes, then head east for maybe 15 minutes. Then thats the turn off to where the strip pit is.

Google earth is great for this. You can put pushpins and other icons on the map, label them, etc. Great visual tool

I have heard the name but I do not know her I don't think. I really hope it gets solved very soon. I do realize now just what all is involved with an investigation. I never realized it before. They do have to prove it before they go to court. The entire process is frustrating. I just keep praying for the best outcome possible.

Someone told me that the LE will not tell us anything since that info may be needed in court. I guess I kind of understand, but I sure do need to know this stuff. Thank you

I just wanted to move these media links forward....if anyone would like to send emails on Joe and MissingMyDad's behalf, I know it would be most appreciated. Just a short note requesting media coverage of his case. And if you have any other media links please feel free to add to these. Maybe we can stir up some media attention for Joe.....I have faith that this case can and will eventually be solved. Persistence is the key, I believe! Hang in there, MMD!! We're here with and for you!

QUOTE=Blondie in Spokane;4984340]ABCNEWS77 W. 66 St., New York, NY 10023
Phone: 212-456-7777

General e-mail: netaudr@abc.com
Nightline: nightline@abcnews.com
20/20: 2020@abc.com

CBS News
524 W. 57 St., New York, NY 10019
Phone: 212-975-4321
Fax: 212-975-1893
Email forms for all CBS news programs
CBS Evening News: evening@cbsnews.com
The Early Show: earlyshow@cbs.com
60 Minutes II: 60m@cbsnews.com
48 Hours: 48hours@cbsnews.com
Face The Nation: ftn@cbsnews.com

CNBC
900 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
Phone: (201) 735-2622
Fax: (201) 583-5453
Email: info@cnbc.com

CNN
One CNN Center, Box 105366, Atlanta, GA 30303-5366
Phone: 404-827-1500
Fax: 404-827-1784
Email forms for all CNN news programs

Fox News Channel
1211 Ave. of the Americas, New York, NY 10036
Phone: (212) 301-3000
Fax: (212) 301-4229
comments@foxnews.com List of Email addresses for all Fox News Channel programs
Special Report with Bret Baier: Special@foxnews.com
FOX Report with Shepard Smith: Foxreport@foxnews.com
The O'Reilly Factor: Oreilly@foxnews.com
Hannity: Hannity@foxnews.com,
On the Record with Greta: Ontherecord@foxnews.com
Glenn Beck: GlennBeck@foxnews.com

MSNBC/NBC
30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112
Phone: (212) 664-4444
Fax: (212) 664-4426
List of Email addresses for all MSNBC/NBC news programs
Dateline NBC: dateline@nbcuni.com
Hardball with Chris Matthews: hardball@msnbc.com
MSNBC Reports with Joe Scarborough: joe@msnbc.com
NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: nightly@nbc.com
NBC News Today: today@nbc.com[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the great contacts, Blondie. I have saved them and will be emailing every one of them today. Hopefully, if enough of us bombard them with requests, they will take an interest. If we can get the media interested, that should put some pressure on the police. JMO

I will try to come up with a decent synopsis to email and will post it in case anyone else wants to use it. Hang in there, MMD, something is bound to break soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member