OK - Five Bever family members slain in their Broken Arrow home, 22 July 2015 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know, I don't like to be judgmental, but we follow so many cases here and we need to admit to our own opinions.

Personally I don't think either boy should receive the death penalty taking into consideration that something in the family dynamics and their entire upbringing might have prohibited these boys exhibiting any normal amount of teen rebellion or any chance to get psychological counseling. It's obvious they both had serious mental issues to decide on such drastic measures to leave home and get away from family.

I just don't want them out in society for a long, long time if ever.

I agree with this

Subscribing.

So utterly horrific I'm lost for words.

The article about the nine hear old psychopath says somethng different to me. I look at what the parents said and did. Many mixed messages.

If a dog is raised in abusive conditions, we see the results. Why would a human being be any different?

Love begets love. Love does not get hate unless there is a brain injury

These kids were isolated from other's why? I think they were sexually abused and bullied.I don't believe they were born that way,
Something changed them to become violent.So why kill the siblings.I think they wanted to save them from the abuse.These children were tormented IMO.When this happens you either go to the light or dark.They went to the dark side.

I don't disagree there must have been something going on in the household that caused both sons to have such plans and such rage.

But I haven't heard a word about any sexual abuse or bullying yet. I definitely believe the isolation made them feel like outcasts, and family beliefs and rules might have stunted their social & emotional development.

I don't know if they had any "honorable" reason to kill their young, innocent siblings.

New to this case so still reading through the various documents and articles - it is shocking. There was clearly some level of abuse in the house; that much has been alluded to by the perpetrators as well as the surviving sibling to what degree will be important IMO. The fact the elder brother seems to have been so pleased and open about discussing the murders with LE could be indicative of some mental illness. All MOO.

It's interesting to me that the mom was stabbed more times than anyone else. 48 times total if I remember correctly. That's a lot of aggression. The dad was stabbed half that amount (28 times).

It's interesting to me that the mom was stabbed more times than anyone else. 48 times total if I remember correctly. That's a lot of aggression. The dad was stabbed half that amount (28 times).

One of them said something like "it didn't go down as planned" and that some didn't die as easy as planned. I thought I read they chased the mother down the hall. The nightmares of this blood bath are chilling.

Autopsies Indicate Mother Was Focus In Bever Family Murders
Updated: Oct 12, 2015 4:29 PM PDT
http://www.newson6.com/story/30241969/autopsies-indicate-mother-was-focus-in-bever-family-murders

Attorneys for the older of two Broken Arrow brothers are preparing to defend the 19-year-old against receiving the death penalty on charges alleging he killed five family members, a stack of motions filed Friday indicate.

Among the motions filed on behalf of Robert Bever are requests to limit displays of emotion in the courtroom, including prohibiting spectators from wearing “grief buttons.” Bever’s attorneys also ask a Tulsa County judge to dismiss his charges, calling the information detailing the allegations “vague” and “indefinite.”

District Judge Sharon Holmes is presiding over the case.

(...)

The brothers are expected to enter pleas to the charges July 11, after their arraignment scheduled for April was delayed at the request of the defense.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/cour...cle_a3dd680d-f846-5314-95db-1c4a943db794.html

Well, the defense wants that repressed, but we'll see what happens by the time they get to trial. Looks like they anticipate fighting a death sentence.

Attorneys for the older of two Broken Arrow brothers are preparing to defend the 19-year-old against receiving the death penalty on charges alleging he killed five family members, a stack of motions filed Friday indicate.

Among the motions filed on behalf of Robert Bever are requests to limit displays of emotion in the courtroom, including prohibiting spectators from wearing “grief buttons.” Bever’s attorneys also ask a Tulsa County judge to dismiss his charges, calling the information detailing the allegations “vague” and “indefinite.”

District Judge Sharon Holmes is presiding over the case.

(...)

The brothers are expected to enter pleas to the charges July 11, after their arraignment scheduled for April was delayed at the request of the defense.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/cour...cle_a3dd680d-f846-5314-95db-1c4a943db794.html

Pitiful attempts by the defense to make less of the absolute horror the victims suffered being killed by two trusted members of their own family. Mother running down the hall while sons give chase to kill her and young siblings being tricked into rooms to be killed by big brothers. IMO, it won't matter if grief buttons are allowed in the courtroom when the facts and the truth are revealed.

Attorneys for older Bever brother prepare for capital trial, ask judge to limit 'sympathy for the deceased'

Robert Bever, 19, and his 17-year-old brother, Michael Bever, are charged with five counts of first-degree murder in the July 22 stabbing deaths of their parents — David Bever, 52, and April Bever, 44 — and three siblings, Daniel, 12; Christopher, 7; and Victoria, 5. They also face one count of assault and battery with intent to kill in the stabbing of their 13-year-old sister.

So the victims cannot be shown as human beings. Crazy

Yea that is crazy. In the article it stated that they wanted to be Mass Murderers? IMO these boys are messed up but even if they were abused there was no reason for them to kill the other kids. Thats just evil IMO. I don't have any sympathy for them..they knew what they were doing. I can understand defending yourself against an abusive parent, but that's not the case here.

Yea that is crazy. In the article it stated that they wanted to be Mass Murderers? IMO these boys are messed up but even if they were abused there was no reason for them to kill the other kids. Thats just evil IMO. I don't have any sympathy for them..they knew what they were doing. I can understand defending yourself against an abusive parent, but that's not the case here.

But how does that turn into this?

Attorneys also ask for the victims’ family to be instructed not to sit directly before the jury and not to openly show any emotion or to make any prejudicial expressions while sitting in the courtroom as spectators during the trial.

Jurors might be moved to relate to the victims’ family in a manner that could deprive Robert Bever of a fair trial if such conduct is allowed, the motion states.
In addition, the attorneys ask that the halls be cleared while jurors are leaving the courtroom to avoid any interactions that could sway them one way or the other.

No matter what you think of Robert and Michael why should the victims' family be told what they can or can't do? How can they sit there emotionless and expressionless? They're not robots.

While I am new to this case, I have read every single page and news article.

Why is a trial even needed when there is a living witness who survived the mass killings her brothers committed? LWOP or the DP are the only options that need to be decided IMO.

Why keep it out front in the media, filing one ridiculous motion after another, getting court dates postponed? The brothers are guilty, there has not been any indication of Robert having a mental issue, so let's proceed. Dragging it out is not good for this lone survivor! She has to dread the day she testifies in court, AGAINST, her brothers. She has to relive that terrible night and I am positive her therapists have been working with her in moving forward.

The boys had cameras installed in the house to record their actions, so not only is there a witness, there are recordings of their actions. Let's get this over, they do not deserve to ever see the outside light again! At their age, if something terrible was going on in that home, they were old enough, smart enough to get help! They did not want help, they wanted notoriety!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back