GUILTY OK - Four women shot to death in Tulsa apartment, 7 Jan 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not sure. Just on the basis of the nature of the murders (four!) and the area the apartments are in.

That's what made me think "drugs", too. Could have been some crankhead trying to rob them (although if they lived in that building they probably did not have much to steal, as the article made it sound like a pretty low income place).

It also occurred to me that there may have been some kind of deal that went wrong. The girls don't look all drugged-up though.

I just don't know. So sad. :(

This has alot more.

Misty Nunley's mother said her daughter had run with some bad people. She was not perfect. She had been estranged from her family but in the past two weeks was getting her life back together. She spoke to her mom every day on the phone including on Monday. She also was speaking to her own daughter again who is 19 years old.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50399133/

Nunley's mother said there had to be more than one assailant because her daughter would have fought to her death if there was just one.

Mention of a jealous ex boyfriend of one of the women as well.

Perhaps was Misty Nunley hiding out there? She'd only been there two weeks or so.

Sad. Sad. Sad.

Easy to get in a mess in Tulsa OK. Outwardly it's a big "buckle of the Bible Belt" sort of place with Oral Roberts University, etc., etc., but it does have its very mean streets. Had four dear friends who grew up there; three are now dead - they made it out, but the early damages of that life killed them each before age 50.

That complex shore looked rough. All I know is what I hear in songs about Tulsa.

It's devastating. Three people dead before 50 and they had even made it out. That's what happens coming out of rough living, and not even by choice.

Frayed was right though. The twins looked like healthy girls. Very pretty girls. Would a meth head just up and go shoot four people dead at 12:00 in the afternoon for money though?

Crank. It's been so long since I heard that.

How horrible! I sure hope someone is keeping the 4 year old, who is probably a witness, safe and secure. I don't understand how people can do such terrible things, or why they would do them. I certainly hope the murderer is found and taken off the streets. Does Oklahoma have the death penalty? I hope so!

BBM

Yes, they do. A total of 102 individuals have been executed there since 1976. The most recent execution took place on December 4, 2012.

Capital punishment in Oklahoma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There were six executions carried out in OK in 2012.

Daily Mail again, plenty of pics (though they do confuse Kansas and Oklahoma in the complete title):

Is this the man who shot four women in cold blood?
---
Residents say gunfire and break-ins are part of the pattern of their everyday lives.

'We're in the eye of the storm,' says Charles Burke, a 48-year-old construction worker. 'You're on your toes. You can't be too careful.'
---

This has alot more.

Misty Nunley's mother said her daughter had run with some bad people. She was not perfect. She had been estranged from her family but in the past two weeks was getting her life back together. She spoke to her mom every day on the phone including on Monday. She also was speaking to her own daughter again who is 19 years old.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50399133/

Nunley's mother said there had to be more than one assailant because her daughter would have fought to her death if there was just one.

Mention of a jealous ex boyfriend of one of the women as well.

Perhaps was Misty Nunley hiding out there? She'd only been there two weeks or so.

Sad. Sad. Sad.

She was 33 and had a 19-yr old daughter? Goodness...

I think this was done by an ex boyfriend of one of the victims. This doesn't feel like a robbery to me. This seems like a personal, rage killing. JMO

That's quite a surmise from the father, though I guess circumstances of the killing and the lifestyle might lead one to think it.

That's quite a surmise from the father, though I guess circumstances of the killing and the lifestyle might lead one to think it.

In this article the dad explains where his theory comes from. I would think the dad is telling the truth of the living situation.

http://www.newson6.com/story/20532192/tulsa-police-id-mondays-quadruple-murder-victims

Larry said that trusting nature got them in trouble, because a man befriended Becca and needed a place to stay, so they let him.

He said that man was a drug dealer, who ripped off other drug dealers, and he believes that led to the murders. He said whoever did it was looking for drugs and money, but the girls knew nothing about it.

Woman questioned in connection with Fairmont Terrace killings (Tulsa World)
Police have interviewed a material witness in Monday's homicides, sources told the Tulsa World on Friday.

The woman was questioned at the Tulsa police detective division most of the night about her knowledge of the case, but she is not a suspect in the killings, a source close to the investigation said.
---
more at the link

Residents of crime-ridden 61st and Peoria seek answers (Tulsa World)
The neighborhood encompassing 61st and Peoria Avenue needed a name, an identity — something other than the “south Tulsa ghetto,” or the “South Peoria pocket slum.”
---
More than a decade ago, they renamed it Riverwood. They designed new signs, defined the boundaries, had neighborhood meetings, made plans for a community center, fought for progress, improvements and carried a sense of pride.

But crime and a downward economic spiral fought back against their hard-won progress. The new name never really stuck.
---
Fairmont Terrace has been the scene of eight killings in the past two years, including the four Monday.
---
more at the link

I think this was done by an ex boyfriend of one of the victims. This doesn't feel like a robbery to me. This seems like a personal, rage killing. JMO

http://kjrh.m0bl.net/w/local/story/82801685/

"Powell said Hayes was Rebeikah's boyfriend and that they started dating six weeks ago."

The mother of victims Rebeikah Powell and Kayetie Melchor said she is cautiously optimistic now that a person of interest is behind bars.

That mug shot says alot on your post Katydid. Eyes closed and head tipped up to hide his face.

From the morning news... re: Hayes
Bond raised to $250,000
Due in court today
Witnessed the shootings

Ill look for a link after I take the kids to school :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back