OK OK - Jamison Family: Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned 08 Oct 2009 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, We have been back and forth on the keys thing, and I think it was finally determined that they were not in the ignition, but in the truck, and Sherilyn's (or Bobby's, whichever) keys are unaccounted for.

Inside the locked, four-door pickup with the keys in the ignition they found Bobby Jamison’s wallet, his wife’s purse, a cell phone, a GPS unit, clothing and $32,000 stuffed in a bank bag beneath the driver’s seat. They also found Maizy, a family dog barely clinging to life.
http://newsok.com/eufaula-familys-fate-remains-mystery/article/3458228
Snipped
I can't help but think how differently this investigation would have turned out if IB had stayed on as sheriff. He has seemed to be the only one besides NS that has shown genuine concern for this family and finding them. And besides, he's nice to look at ;)

IIRC, We have been back and forth on the keys thing, and I think it was finally determined that they were not in the ignition, but in the truck, and Sherilyn's (or Bobby's, whichever) keys are unaccounted for.

:seeya: Dallen,

So are we to assume that article is inaccurate? (I understand no other article stating it that way.) Has that particular article been posted and discussed in this thread? TIA

Thank you Watcher 9 for posting the above 2nd article because it answers 2 questions I've been harping over.

1. Keys in the ignition upon police arrival. Very important detail

Many of us here were wondering if they could have been in Bobby's
pocket or just plain missing.

2. The Jamisons were last seen alive Oct. 9 by a local man as the family was looking for a plot of land for sale. (per 2nd article)

So they were alive after the rainstorm in order for the mud prints to set in.

Mapman I was in the dark about the keys this whole time too, if like you say, the article is accurate.

I can totally see them being locked out as well.

I believe the Oct 9th date is wrong, I also want to point out the LE believes it to be wrong as it is not what is listed on the missing posters, In addition to that the jacket the neighbor mentions that is also not noted on Madyson in the missing flyers. So either ,they were not believing what he said and only using confirmed info or they know him to be lying . IMO OR the reporter messed up.

Nothing about footprints is clicking with me right now. I not sure I have seen a link on them.

I finally found this article which says that there was footprints from all the Jamisons. Maybe this is where the misconception occurred though since they singled out Madyson's footprints.

They found footprints (obviously the Jamison's for Madyson's footprints were easy to spot) and followed them along with the gps up to a rock. They discovered a picture of Madyson on Bobby's phone that shows Madyson sitting on the rock they were led to. The Jamison's than walked back to the truck and then...it seems as if they just vanished.

http://kjhusak.hubpages.com/hub/WhatReallyHappened

It seems to me that the important question is whether or not the Jamisons were locked out of their truck. An extra set of keys somewhere in the truck doesn't change much other than explain how LE might have easily moved the truck any time after its discovery on the 17th. Do we have a reason to believe that both Jamisons carried keys to the truck? If they had more than one vehicle, each of them might have carried only the keys to their primary vehicle.

I apologize if I'm wasting everyone's time by talking about something that has already been resolved on this forum.

Sorry to cause this confusion about the keys. I was concentrating on the search of the footprints and got excited about the tire tracks. Since it mentioned items found in the truck, I decided to add that into my post and then saw the "keys in the ignition" so I included that also.

I also remember now about discussions way back when of a possible separate set of keys, maybe a key fob, keys on the seat, etc. Also discussions about locking themselves out of the truck. Did the keys in the ignition show up in the Paradise Lost video?

Don't we have a copy somewhere of the official sheriff's report that specifies whether the keys were in the ignition or not? This would clear up the key issue.
I'm looking for it, but haven't found it yet.

Have we spotted Sherilyn's purse anywhere in the pictures?
Could that be what's in the glove compartment?

ETA -
Looking further, found picture showing what looks like Sherilyn's purse. It's brown and looks like a soft leather.
Also found picture of press release from the sheriff that does not mention keys.
And again, looking into glove compartment, unknown object looks like a small moccasin shoe from this angle of the picture.
Sorry, I don't know how to bring over pictures.

http://okmpjamisons.weebly.com/photos.html

I finally found this article which says that there was footprints from all the Jamisons. Maybe this is where the misconception occurred though since they singled out Madyson's footprints.

They found footprints (obviously the Jamison's for Madyson's footprints were easy to spot) and followed them along with the gps up to a rock. They discovered a picture of Madyson on Bobby's phone that shows Madyson sitting on the rock they were led to. The Jamison's than walked back to the truck and then...it seems as if they just vanished.

http://kjhusak.hubpages.com/hub/WhatReallyHappened

I am soo confused . Was the picture taken at a seperate location ,the first one or not? because if so those footprints would have been supposed to have been left on Oct 7th and not the 8th.
So they wouldnt have vanished from this location ,because later the neighbor sees them .

Also the time line and this article do not match up . The 16th is when this article reports the truck was found ,time line says 17th. ETC...

The back of truck is full of water. alot of water ,you can tell the truck was parked downhill . I dont believe the footprints were at the location the truck was found. The rain started at 7 pm. on the 8th. the last thing on the time line down on bobbys phone on the the 8th ws the photo taken at 2:47 pm.

If that is the true information then at 2:47 . was the last activity of them that day on the 8th at the first location. (maybe why the hunter or neighbor says 9th and LE says 8th?
So where was the picture taken and is it the second location or the first ? Was it taken on the 7th or the 8th and was it the last thing on the day they went missing or the last thing the day before they went missing?

I hope someone can set me right because

In short I am confused and I am not sure if it is just me misunderstanding the two locations and the photo of Madyson or if the reporters are confused. Or if the person who reported seeing them on the 9th really could be a suspect .

Sorry to cause this confusion about the keys. I was concentrating on the search of the footprints and got excited about the tire tracks. Since it mentioned items found in the truck, I decided to add that into my post and then saw the "keys in the ignition" so I included that also.

I also remember now about discussions way back when of a possible separate set of keys, maybe a key fob, keys on the seat, etc. Also discussions about locking themselves out of the truck. Did the keys in the ignition show up in the Paradise Lost video?

Don't we have a copy somewhere of the official sheriff's report that specifies whether the keys were in the ignition or not? This would clear up the key issue.
I'm looking for it, but haven't found it yet.

No need to be sorry. In my opinion the "keys in the ignition" reference in the article is important. I now realize that it has probably been thoroughly discussed. Its just that in my opinion, if they locked themselves out of the truck, it seems more likely that they were victims of foul play. I believe that if they knew that they were locked out of the truck, they would have been more likely to go to the nearest home for assistance than off on an excursion with the knowledge that they would be returning to a locked truck. Most logically they would have gone south to the homes in that area to call for help or obtain a coat hanger or some tool to open the door. If they left the truck heading south, it seems strange that they were found north of the truck. Previously, I was comfortable assuming that they had keys with them because I didn't think that any keys were in the truck. I'm less comfortable with this assumption if keys were found anywhere in the truck even though there could easily have been more than one set of keys. If keys were in the ignition, it seems more likely that they were the primary set and the only way they could have re-entered the truck would have been if one of them happened to be carrying another key.

No need to be sorry. In my opinion the "keys in the ignition" reference in the article is important. I now realize that it has probably been thoroughly discussed. Its just that in my opinion, if they locked themselves out of the truck, it seems more likely that they were victims of foul play. I believe that if they knew that they were locked out of the truck, they would have been more likely to go to the nearest home for assistance than off on an excursion with the knowledge that they would be returning to a locked truck. Most logically they would have gone south to the homes in that area to call for help or obtain a coat hanger or some tool to open the door. If they left the truck heading south, it seems strange that they were found north of the truck. Previously, I was comfortable assuming that they had keys with them because I didn't think that any keys were in the truck. I'm less comfortable with this assumption if keys were found anywhere in the truck even though there could easily have been more than one set of keys. If keys were in the ignition, it seems more likely that they were the primary set and the only way they could have re-entered the truck would have been if one of them happened to be carrying another key.

What if they started out walking and someone came by and gave them a lift and then Bobby started telling his story (including the cash) to the occupants of the vehicle?

What if they started out walking and someone came by and gave them a lift and then Bobby started telling his story (including the cash) to the occupants of the vehicle?

In my opinion tales of cash would provide a strong motive for murder, but that scenario only makes sense to me if they were carrying the mystery satchel of money or something that looked as valuable. If the Jamisons were killed for the money in the truck, the money would probably have been removed from the truck. However, if the Jamisons inadvertently locked themselves out of the truck, it seems unlikely that they would have been carrying the mystery satchel of money unless Sherilyn was compulsively carrying it everywhere she went.

In my opinion tales of cash would provide a strong motive for murder, but that scenario only makes sense to me if they were carrying the mystery satchel of money or something that looked as valuable. If the Jamisons were killed for the money in the truck, the money would probably have been removed from the truck.

There was speculation and discussion about the possibility of two containers of money. Money that was split between Bobby and Sherilyn, his share being in the bank bag hidden under his seat and hers being in the satchel. LE found the money under the seat but the satchel was not found in the truck.

I cropped and re-sized the picture of the red device and camo thing in the dash compartment with the hope of seeing more detail. The shiny objects to the left of the camo thing do appear to be coins as mentioned by a previous poster. The camo thing is beginning to look like a zip-up pouch that has been left opened towards the red device. Across the side of the pouch facing the camera is what looks like a small strip of cloth probably sewn to the front and back faces of the pouch, possibly for stress relief. It looks like writing similar to the letter W or number 46 or 56 and some smaller writing is on this strip. Faintly visible is what appears to be a zipper pull-handle hanging downwards from where the two halves of the pouch opening come together, and the small hole in the end of the pull-handle can be seen right over the bottom edge of the pouch next to the lower end of the small cloth strip. I don't know how much detail is visible in the attached pictures because they lose resolution during the upload process.

If this is a zipper pouch I would think that the black colored edge facing the camera is elastic or something similar sewn across the sides of the pouch. It doesn't make sense that the sides would be open if the pouch zips closed. Perhaps this is a small general purpose zip-up camo pouch. It might not be designed specifically to be a holster or even recognizable as a holster, but it could possibly be used to carry a very small .22, a small gps, or a variety of other small objects. It now appears to me that the pouch is probably empty because the red device can be seen behind and through the opened end of the pouch. If the red device is a typical size cell phone, the pouch is small because it appears to be about as deep as the red device is in length.

I don't believe that the red device is the handle of a pistol because the bottom of it is not symmetrical, and it has a small irregular shaped hole that appears more intended to accept a cable or electrical cord than a bullet magazine. Normally a magazine is inserted into the bottom of a semi-auto pistol handle and you can either see the mostly rectangular outline of the magazine opening or sometimes the flat base of the magazine will completely cover the bottom of the handle. There should not be a small irregular shaped hole in the bottom of a pistol handle.

The meta-data contained in the well sign picture indicated that the picture was taken with a Blackberry 9000. The phone in the attached picture of the money and phone looks very much like the picture of a Blackberry 9000 also attached. Unless someone has seen another phone somewhere else in the pictures that have been made available it seems very likely that the red device is Sherilyn's phone or possibly a shocker although the case with open sides isn't like any case that I'm familiar with.

This link below shows a picture of a stun gun that looks similar to the pink thing in the glove box. The camo thing looks like a cigarette case from the side view with a lighter holder on the side. ?? Sorry if someone already said this. Haven't been on here for a while and am catching up.

http://homewood-flossmoor.patch.com...-stun-gun-lands-park-forest-driver-in-trouble

I think this may very well be what happened, in general if not in particular. I think their mouths got them into trouble.

I'm sorry about the keys comment. I shouldn't have commented without having links to back it up or being able to direct you to the discussions. I do know it has been thoroughly discussed, but for some reason my search option on here hasn't been working for two days (it's just redirecting me to the current page...?) and going page by page hasn't been working in my favor.

Respectively snipped:
I believe that if they knew that they were locked out of the truck, they would have been more likely to go to the nearest home for assistance than off on an excursion with the knowledge that they would be returning to a locked truck. Most logically they would have gone south to the homes in that area to call for help or obtain a coat hanger or some tool to open the door. If they left the truck heading south, it seems strange that they were found north of the truck.

Lately I haven't kept up with this case or others on WS, but sadly read yesterday about the 3 bodies being found 2.7 miles from the truck, and spent awhile catching up on this case. Kudos to all who've kept up with it!

Mapman, I believe what you stated would hold true if the Jamisons were thinking clearly, but from case history, that is unlikely. Also, unknown is either adult Jamison's sense of direction. If they had none, then after walking around, they may have been disoriented as to which way was out or back. Also if they'd ever reversed the direction of their travel on the mountain at any point, they could have been even more confused. The lack of footprints leading away from the truck in any discernible direction was most likely due to the 4" of rain having fallen since they were last at the truck. Another good reason to think they weren't thinking clearly or that they were abducted is they could have attained entry to the truck via a rock through a window. That thought is just so easy to me, it indeed raises the possibility they met with foul play, either before they even made it back to the truck or at the truck, not intending to mean that's where they were possibly killed, but only taken.

Any known sex offenders residing on the mountain?

Having not kept up with this case, I am unsure as to how visible to the road any of the houses were that they'd already passed.

I seem to remember a post by mtrooper that clarified this issue but I have no idea wen it was posted. (I just heard about this case and spent the last 3 days reading all 12 threads. I have some theories but am at work right now.)

I checked the rules on posting about RSOs and it looks like mapping is okay, so here's the map of the immediate area around Panola Mountain. Kinta is to the north, Wilburton to the southwest, and Red Oak to the southeast:

e2c856a9-87f1-46ce-a897-6341d7a40c34_zps08d1ce11.png

Google Earth/Maps did not recognize every address given, so some of the placemarks are approximate if I could find the road but not the house number. Some RSOs were listed with only a PO box or with no address at all, so the +1 and +3 notations represent the ones that could not be placed on the map.

From what I understand, residents of the mountain itself rent PO boxes because there is no mail delivery there.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5202848#post5202848.

I can guess, but have no hard info on which types of sex offenders would be most likely to escalate to the murder of an entire family. If anyone does, I'm all ears.

Here you go, justthinkin.

ETA: so I can search anything but keys apparently.

I seem to remember a post by mtrooper that clarified this issue but I have no idea wen it was posted. (I just heard about this case and spent the last 3 days reading all 12 threads. I have some theories but am at work right now.)

Can't wait to hear them! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members