OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, 8 Oct 2009 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be fair, I had not heard about the McStays until they were found, even though I have visited SD several times.

The Jamison may be very interesting, but there is probably no mystery to it, except on a psychological or metaphysical level. My interest is because a blog I read that covers the Gricar case also covers the Jamison case.

I wonder if the authorities back tracked the path or a path of the Jamison's to their truck. I also read that the truck was locked but that the keys were in the ignition. Is this a fact? Maybe they were locked out accidentally and began to walk looking for assistance. Just so confusing and so much speculation. Wish we had more facts of the case. jmo

From the maps, there were occupied areas to the south, east and west of the area where the car was. They would have had to pass them on the way there. The bodies were north of the truck.

J.J. in Phila, can you tell us what blog it is that you read? I'm always looking for other places to read up on these cases.

"Their abandoned truck, and barely-clinging-to-life dog were found days later by hunters. Also left in the truck, a gun, maps, GPS system, shoes, jackets, cellphone, and a large sum of money.

"Why leave your gun? Why leave $32,000 cash!?" http://aprillwood.wordpress.com/2013/06/14/the-jamison-family-missing-in-oklahoma/

That article is wrong. They never found a gun. They did find a knife during the search but idk if we ever found out if it was theirs.

I also remember it being very windy when they were searching with dogs and a few days later a storm came through with heavy rain.

Thankful of the show Disappeared because we would have never knew about the scent stopping at a water tower where LE had to drain it, among other things.

Just checked the news; a bit saddened to see that the initial flurry of attention is fading away already.

Something that's been bothering me all week is that the home page here on WS features the McStays prominently and not a single word about the Jamisons. Not to take anything away from the McStays, but these two cases are equally compelling mysteries with some eerie parallels, IMO, so why one and not the other?

I've noticed that too, but we all need to remember that even though we're all certain that the remains are that of the Jamisons, it hasn't been 100% identified as the Jamisons. Knowing the strictness of the powers that be on this site, I doubt they'll start any major threads about the Jamisons being found. I'm surprised that I didn't see any "currently trending" stories on the mainstream search engines and or news websites about the discoveries of the McStays and possibly the Jamisons. I'm just glad to know that there are wonderful people here on websleuths that give a damn about people and trying to help. With that said...

I THANK ALL OF YOU ON WEBSLEUTHS FOR ALL THAT YOU DO AND THAT YOU ALL CARE SO MUCH. I've been posting recently for the first time and you all blow me away with how much you guys care. ALL OF YOU. It's nice to know that there are still so many more good people in this world then bad people. :)

And yet I'd argue that some of those factors make the Jamisons even more interesting, but that's JMO, lol.
You and me both! Call me crazy (or call me an Okie), but the Jamisons don't differ qualitatively too much from people I grew up with and knew, real people, people who may have been this or may have been that, people who have their problems but, well, don't we all - and thus people whose lives interest me.

I saw the security tape. I have seen similar behavior like it, before...

..from me. :)

Packing like that can greatly reduce the weight of luggage. Even for an overnight trip, I may pack 2 bags, and have a clothing bad for dirty clothes. It is so I can carry them, even though they are on wheels. Just getting them into the trunk will be chore if the weight is too high.

Bobby had a bad back that could have easily limited his lifting capacity.

Concentrating on loading sort of comes with that. I have to watch the weight or movement.

I think it's sad that just because they weren't the 'Leave it to Beaver' clan that they should deserve any less justice. In fact, statistics show that their disabilities make them more vulnerable and likely to become a victim. Disabled people are more apt to be sexually abused, robbed and conned out of their money. I just don't believe that after spending 20 minutes there and loading back into the car to leave, that they jumped out for a quick walk. It just doesn't make sense. I'm certain they were intercepted by someone.

I've noticed that too, but we all need to remember that even though we're all certain that the remains are that of the Jamisons, it hasn't been 100% identified as the Jamisons. Knowing the strictness of the powers that be on this site, I doubt they'll start any major threads about the Jamisons being found. I'm surprised that I didn't see any "currently trending" stories on the mainstream search engines and or news websites about the discoveries of the McStays and possibly the Jamisons. I'm just glad to know that there are wonderful people here on websleuths that give a damn about people and trying to help. With that said...

I THANK ALL OF YOU ON WEBSLEUTHS FOR ALL THAT YOU DO AND THAT YOU ALL CARE SO MUCH. I've been posting recently for the first time and you all blow me away with how much you guys care. ALL OF YOU. It's nice to know that there are still so many more good people in this world then bad people. :)
Very well-said and I agree with it all, but just would like to point out that the Jamisons matter has been, since SuziQ contributed the OP on 21 October 2009, a major topic, one with ten general discussion threads plus this one, one that has seen, with this entry, 6,705 posts on the matter. I think what OG and others would like to see is merely recognition of the case on the start page, not a mini-forum on the topic.

heads up: if you wish to post a blog that is not msm please personal message a moderator to get approval of said blog.

So based on the information from mtrooper that the remains were found in Smokestack Hollow, which is a valley in the San Bois Mountains that runs along the Mountain Fork, I amended my map. I added a location for Smokestack Hollow, based on this map... http://aroundguides.com/21448656/Map. However, that puts Smokestack Hollow only 2.28 miles from the location of the truck. Many reports have stated that the remains were found approximately 2.7 miles from the location of the truck, so I added several markers to show approximately 2.7 miles from the truck, many of which run along or near the Mountain Fork and Smokestack Valley.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...&ll=35.028872,-95.225029&spn=0.093196,0.15707

I was thinking that Smokestack Hollow is an area of the region, not like a pinpoint on a map but I don't know much about hollows.

-------
Most articles mention that one or two hunters discovered the remains. One post upthread mentioned an article that stated a family of three had found the remains. I think this was an error by the reporter but wonder if anyone has heard anything?

OT, but...

Extremist Episcopalians --! Good heavens, what do they do? Sing inoffensive hymns slightly off key? ;)

Actually, there is quite a divide, about three ways. There are a few that are heavily into the "end times" type of thing, and do speak in tongues. There is the theological liberal/conservative divide and even a high/low/broad church divide. The bulk of the Pittsburgh Diocese actually left the Episcopal Church.

Seventh Day Adventists, like just about any other group, have factions. They are generally mainstream Protestant (perhaps a bit more conservative), but there are some elements that is is to the "Spiritual Warfare" aspect.

Very well-said and I agree with it all, but just would like to point out that the Jamisons matter has been, since SuziQ contributed the OP on 21 October 2009, a major topic, one with ten general discussion threads plus this one, one that has seen, with this entry, 6,705 posts on the matter. I think what OG and others would like to see is merely recognition of the case on the start page, not a mini-forum on the topic.

Yes, exactly that. Thank you.

Does anyone have a link to the video of them packing the truck. I have heard of it but can't find it to see for myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member