OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, 8 Oct 2009 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see anything on the phone records that made me think Bobby was still alive on the 12th. But I've never had a Blackberry, and don't understand why it would be necessary to make a phone call to check voicemail. Seems like a cumbersome procedure. On my phone, I just push a button and there it is.

It's possible that anyone who knew Bobby's number and maybe a password could call and check it. Hopefully one of our more tech-savvy sleuthers will come along and explain how this works.

ETA: Thank mtrooper for the phone records! She did the work, I just brought them forward for those of us who had never seen them before.

OR yes...maybe someone did call his voicemail from another phone to check it and whomever made that call made is from or near Bristo, Ok. Who would the Jamisons have known in that area??

If they were in danger AND had their phone on the 12th like the phone records show then it is odd they never called for help, but called voicemail instead....this is beyond suspicious to me. Either they were alive and well on the 12th, if the phone records are correct, OR the person/s who harmed them made those calls.

That's what I thought too. I'm leaning toward foul play based on this because the phone was found in the truck, right? If he was able to make a call to VM then why not dial 911 or drive for help? If they were alive and well then where were they all those days? It's creepy to think someone else took that photo, killed them, then checked his voicemail. It's a little too crazy for me, but it seems more possible the more I read. Unless they camped out somewhere for a few days.

So it is not known whether the phone calls marked BRISTO OK were incoming or outgoing? They just say BRISTO OK and that's it?

I wish Google Earth could show scenes from the past and wonder also What Maisie Knew.

This preacher story - would love to see that play out. Were they having fun with him in an addled, meth-like way? Sherilyn's friend suggested as much. True, she thought, too, that Madyson was still alive - one cannot fault those who hold out hope, particularly for a child - and denies the meth allegations about her friends entirely. But I wonder. Is emphasis on this wrong emphasis?

And as mtrooper - the truly invaluable mtrooper - has said, the keys weren't locked in the truck though the truck was locked. What did Maisie see? Three people on their own, moving into the mid-distance and - gone? Or the sudden blocked access of a vehicle pulled up, the sounding of brakes, the glint of a gun. Either - disappearing into the dimming light of an Oklahoma October.

This case, this case. I've only of all the many on WS that I've read, dreamed of two. This one is one of course; this one.

I agree, mtrooper's contributions are invaluable. While digging through the older threads this morning, I kept stumbling across real nuggets of hers buried deep in this quagmire of endless speculation and confusion.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121549&page=8

There were three pictures taken on the black berry phone. The picture of Madyson (based on the GPS coordinates from the phone) was taken 100 yds or so up a large hill/cliff area. The first 2 pictures were of well site signs that were less than a mile or so from where the truck was found. They were both taken at 12:53 on 10/08/2009. The picture of Madyson was taken at 14:47 on 10/08. I am not sure if they took the first set of pictures before or after they spoke with the neighbor, but I would venture to guess before, IMOO (based on locations). So my thoughts go something like this...They stop take the pictures (12:53) then stop by the neighbors, chat for about a half hour, then go up to the site (1:30ish) walk around, spray paint the truck, collect some rocks (evidenced by the large rocks found in the back of the truck) It was a beautiful day, no coat needed.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99103&page=10

I am not sure how to describe the road....It is a narrow road that leads up to an old oil well site that has been reclaimed. The road is too narrow for a vehicle to pass where the truck was parked. The county does not do any sort of road work because it is a private piece of property. There were some other tracks found in the area below where the truck was found. I will do my best to describe the layout. If you were to take a road going north and south, then at the end of the road (top of the site) there would be a large cleared level area where the well was, now if you went about 65 feet south of that area there is a smaller flat cleared area (that is where the tire tracks were). O===o==== Very vague idea. I will try to get some pictures up here. Where the truck was found was between the two flat areas. It looks as though they went up to the site, parked, played around, spray painted the abandoned vehicle, took the picture then went back to the truck, plugged in the cell phone, and were leaving when they stopped and got out of the vehicle. Clear as mud?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99103&page=11

Just to clarify the truck was found on the 40 acres. I really wish I had some better way to describe this property. Just to get to the subdivision you have to drive about 8 miles up a switchback and then go through a open gate. That gets you onto the subdivision. Then you drive another 4 miles or so (guessing here) to get to the piece of property where the truck was found. Yes there are people who grow weed and there are also a few old meth labs up on the mountain, but not within the pine mountain ranch subdivision. If the truck had never been moved, and it was sitting in the original position on top where the oil rig was than I might could have gone for the whole ran into something/someone who was trying to hide something or a trap. But they got in their truck, plugged in the cell phone, pulled the truck forward far enough to be heading down the incline towards the second flat spot, stopped on an incline, and then disappeared. I really feel it was the Jamisons that moved the truck due to the cell phones being plugged in. Its like they were ambushed once they started coming down the hill.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99103&page=13

I am thinking that there are some DOOOZEY cliffs off some of the switch backs going up the mountain that would be EASY just to dump someone off into oblivion and they would not be seen unless you went WAY down. I am thinking if that is the case might have to wait till November to see with a chopper once the leaves had fallen. I know when they searched last fall the cover was still on the trees, and I know they did another search in the winter, but then the snow was covering. I told the folks that live on the mountain to keep their eyes on the sky for turkey vultures. I do not think the Jamisons are on the 40 acres, but I think they are on the mountain, and thats like a 10-15 mile stretch to cover. Money was hidden under the drivers side seat. But honestly there was so much crap/ junk in the vehicle that it would take you a while to find anything. The MOST telling thing to me is there was a open almost full carton of smokes on the dash. Bobby and Sherilyn smoked like a chimney...any smoker could tell you that you would not abandon a full carton of smokes. Thats just crazy talk. But I am a smoker, so maybe thats just me.

I agree, mtrooper's contributions are invaluable. While digging through the older threads this morning, I kept stumbling across real nuggets of hers buried deep in this quagmire of endless speculation and confusion.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121549&page=8

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99103&page=10

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99103&page=13

Thanks for pulling these quotes out and putting them here!

:goodpost:

Haunts for Hope had posted this GPS cords for where the remain and marked it with an A .

If you move to the left to the creek and then travel south down the creek about ten meters , there appears to be something there.

Could you please point or circle the area for those of us who can't tell what they are looking at? Enlargement would be even better!

Thanks for pulling these quotes out and putting them here!

:goodpost:

Just trying to be helpful! We're up to eleven threads on this case now and it seems like things that were once known became unknown. It's taken me all week to make any major headway in catching up on the older threads, so it just seemed like it would help all of us to bring forward some of the info that got lost in the shuffle.

I don't know how much importance to place on the fact that the phone number was listed as being from Bristow. My cell number comes up as being from a town 120 miles from where I live :confused:

Not sure how to copy from one thread to another, but here goes.

Thread #4
Old 09-26-2010, 08:51 PM #256
mtrooper said -
From what I understand, feel free not to list it as a fact....Bobby had lots of bank bags from when he ran the landscape business/ tree farm. A couple months before they went missing, Bobby had went to Stars house and got the money out of her safe (he kept it there for safe keeping). IIRC there was more like $64,000. Bobby had said that him and Sherilyn were going to get a divorce and he was giving her $32,000 (her half). I think that is why the $32,000 was found in the truck. That was Bobby's half of the money and he had it well hid, so Sherilyn wouldn't find it and spend it. There are a couple of theories of where the $$ came from. The Sheriff said there was a reciept in the truck from SSA accounting for the large amount. But Star said the money came from a accident settlement. I have to believe the sheriff on this one. I am thinking back pay from his disability.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107250&page=11

Another blast from the past shows one theory could happen. The article link still works.

09-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Thread #4 post #91
doublestop posted

A brother and sister have been arrested in Prague, Oklahoma, for kidnapping and murdering a couple who was out looking at property. Prague is about 125 miles (a couple of hours) from where the Jamisons vanished:

" Pottawatomie County Sheriff's deputies arrested a brother and sister accused of murdering a man and kidnapping a woman near Prague Wednesday night.

Deputies said the victims had gone to look at property for sale when they encountered 39-year-old Glendon Gouker and his 29-year-old sister, Michele."

I hope the police are looking at them carefully.

http://www.news9.com/global/story.asp?s=13124984

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107250&page=4

I don't know. but I will find it.

ETA

I will have to locate it tomorrow .

I think I found the only plus side to windows 8 it seems to bring google earth into better focus.

I was able to figure out how to post the Cords.

35.050815,-95.198405

Could you please point or circle the area for those of us who can't tell what they are looking at? Enlargement would be even better!

I do not know how to enlarge it any more without distorting it. As it was I had to use the map and then veiw the image though the galaxy 3 ,which also produced better results then the Iphone .

I was able to make out a reddish color (clothing I think ) and it appears there is a brown colored jacket and I want to say that there seems to be some sort of print of applicate on something. (hoodie with a printed logo kinda thing maybe?)

I can only make out 2 set of remains.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=35.0509524338,+-95.1977539863&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x87b579b66cec5d39:0x6deb4a8d9df4076c,35.0509524338,+-95.1977539863&gl=us&ei=KWuNUpS3I4TqkQffzoDIBA&ved=0CC4Q8gEwAA Type the cords onto this map.

Here's a post that talks more about the briefcase and other subjects.
I don't know if the link to the article still works.

09-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Thread #4 Post #237
wfgodot posted -
I originally snipped and posted these on the third thread (page six); the last two paragraphs were posted by Snoopster, on the same page. They give a real sense of, at least, the authorities' notions of the mental state of the Jamisons prior to their going missing:

Family’s fate remains mystery
Eufaula couple, missing since Oct. 9, told pastor of seeing spirits on roof, in their house
---
Gary Brandon, a Eufaula pastor, told investigators the Jamisons were engaged in spiritual warfare. He said Bobby Jamison told him he often saw "two to four spirits on the roof” of their lakeside Eufaula home. Once, Bobby Jamison called Brandon to inquire whether there were "special bullets” he could use to shoot the spirits, the minister told investigators. He told the pastor he was reading the "satanic bible” for a natural remedy.

Investigative notes show Sherilyn Jamison told Brandon there were "three to four spirits” in the house, including children named Michael and Emily, and that Madyson often talked to Emily’s sister — a spirit that had wings. Sherilyn Jamison wasn’t afraid, though. She believed she had the gift to cast out demons.
---
[Sheriff Israel] Beauchamp said the paranoia could suggest an addiction to drugs, but has found no evidence they were users or dealers. Ruling out the role of drugs in the family’s disappearance is another issue.
---
A security camera at the Jamisons’ home offered another possible clue. Before the trip to Latimer County, investigators saw Sherilyn place a brown leather briefcase in the pickup. The briefcase was never found.

"I think it might have held a lot of cash,” Beauchamp said. "I’ve gone back and forth on this thing, but my latest theory — based on how the truck was parked and what was found in the truck — I think they were forced to stop and got out of the truck to meet with someone they recognized. And I think they either left willingly or by force.
---
One family friend questioned by investigators stayed with the Jamisons in Eufaula until being asked to leave at gunpoint.

"He had the barrel stuck in his ear by Sherilyn,” Beauchamp said. "At first you think, ‘Great, here’s someone with a motive.’ But the FBI cleared him.”
---

The whole Oklahoman article is available here, for $1.49:
http://newsok.com/familys-fate-remai...#ixzz0miIiYzCV

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107250&page=10

I didn't see anything on the phone records that made me think Bobby was still alive on the 12th. But I've never had a Blackberry, and don't understand why it would be necessary to make a phone call to check voicemail. Seems like a cumbersome procedure. On my phone, I just push a button and there it is.

It's possible that anyone who knew Bobby's number and maybe a password could call and check it. Hopefully one of our more tech-savvy sleuthers will come along and explain how this works.

ETA: Thank mtrooper for the phone records! She did the work, I just brought them forward for those of us who had never seen them before.

I worked for AT&T Mobility/Cingular Wireless for some time. When you check your voice-mail, you're actually calling a voice-mail number. In other words, you're actually calling a phone number to retrieve your messages. On a cell phone, you do it with simply pressing a button, or how ever your phone does it, but again, you're calling a phone number. Also, you can check your voice-mail messages from a land line. You call your own cell phone number (not the cell phone's voice-mail number) and when your voice-mail message starts to play, you press usually # or *. Then it will prompt you to enter your security code if you have one, which I recommend, or it will take you straight to your messages. Hope that helps to cut down the confusion.

An updated map:

Screenshot2013-11-23at121729PM_zps2558112b.png

The pink balloons are about 2.7 miles from the location of the truck, so the remains were likely found somewhere along that arc. From what I read, they were at the bottom of a slope, not high up on a hill, so the two pink balloons directly north of the yellow one marking Smokestack Hollow seem to be the most likely area, as its geographical features best match what's been described.

Soulmagent's coordinates are marked by the yellow pushpin, which is over by Grassy Lake Hollow:

Screenshot2013-11-23at124431PM_zpsaaace2fb.png

Really hard to get a good close-up:

Screenshot2013-11-23at124233PM_zps8b3b44d1.png

I don't know what to make of this. It does look like a body, lying on its right side facing west with the knees drawn up, but this satellite image is dated March 11, 2012, so what would be the state of the remains by then? Skeletal, I would think, unless we're talking about adipocere. Another thing is that this seems to be right alongside a branch of Mountain Fork, so you'd have three winters' worth of rain and snowmelt and it seems like high water rushing along that creek would disperse any remains downstream.

I just don't know what we're seeing here. My mind is open to any possibility, so discuss amongst yourselves and I'll just sit back and eavesdrop for awhile.

I worked for AT&T Mobility/Cingular Wireless for some time. When you check your voice-mail, you're actually calling a voice-mail number. In other words, you're actually calling a phone number to retrieve your messages. On a cell phone, you do it with simply pressing a button, or how ever your phone does it, but again, you're calling a phone number. Also, you can check your voice-mail messages from a land line. You call your own cell phone number (not the cell phone's voice-mail number) and when your voice-mail message starts to play, you press usually # or *. Then it will prompt you to enter your security code if you have one, which I recommend, or it will take you straight to your messages. Hope that helps to cut down the confusion.

Thanks! So, based on what you know, can you offer an opinion about the activity shown on Bobby's phone record after the 8th? Specifically, would Bobby have to be alive for that activity to occur or could it be some third party checking his voicemail?

Or, wait, just had a wild thought. Is there a redial button on the Blackberry? That the dog could have stepped on?

More gems from the vault, all posted by mtrooper:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107250&page=9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane
Bobby Jamison suffered from a debilitating back injury which would prevent him from physically navigating/maneuvering the rough terrain.

I am not so sure it would prevent him from walking the terrain. As it was explained to me, Bobby had his good days and his bad days. He would probably be able to walk around, he would just be in extra pain the next day. I know at one point he was working on a tree farm and talked about owning/working at a landscaping business. Some of this being after the accident that caused the back injury.

Oh, and I checked the house very carefully, and I found no signs of drugs. I looked behind pictures, in toilet tanks, in and behind and under dresser drawers, in light fixtures, in couch cushions, just about every where I could think. I don't think drugs were involved.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92595&page=18

I have an e-mail from the person representing the property (the owner lived in FL) to Sherilynn. It has Sherilynn asking for directions to the property as well as the GPS coordinates. Has the response with the Coordinates, telling her that yes it was still for sale. Sherilynn also wanted to know if it was on the base of the mountain or on the mountain itself?. I also have statements from the neighbor of the property (who described all 3 Jamison's to a T) the Jamisons were looking at, they spoke on the 7th and 8th, and he gives MANY details (they spoke for like 2 hours), including the shipping containers, and how Bobby told him about the settlement and his disability, etc. He also gave the Jamison's the name and number of another mountain neighbor (who had shown that property in the past). She also submitted a 7 page statement about the many conversations that she had with the Jamisons. She is actually the one who called the LE after some guys on 4 wheelers reported seeing the truck with a half dead dog in it.

Ok now as far as all the other stuff.... There were receipts in the car that explain the $32,000 cash in the truck. But of all the things I did see, I didn't see the video...it was with the FBI. I am way more interested in the 850,000 reasons to make Madyson disappear than the drugs. I have to say the Sheriff knows A LOT about drugs, he has done some serious crack downs since he has been in office...So I would think that he knows his stuff. But like we have all stated before (including the sheriff) there were no signs of drugs in the truck or in the home. The only other solution that I can come up with is that he mixed his pain meds up and that is what had him in a trance...Sorry that's all I got. I also think that they really wanted to start a new life, for what ever reason. They were happy when they went missing, the lady that served them breakfast 2 days in a row said so, the lady who spoke to them about the property for 101 minutes the day they went missing said so, and the guy that saw them up on the mountain said so. They were looking into home schooling for Madyson, and were at least for that day seemingly wanting to start over in the simplest way they could think of.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121549&page=4

As far as SH. There were multiple calls to him, I believe the 5th was the last I will have to check. but his phone number was out of TX. So was the church peoples phone number. IIRC Edgewood TX was one town. The Jamisons stopped at his place (he had one his shipping containers down by the road) looking for directions the first day. Then they stopped back in the second day and chatted again. He said they seemed really happy and were excited about moving up on the mountain and getting away from the city. They made it sound like they wanted privacy. But I did notice that all the pieces of property had oil rigs on them. I know Star has some oil leases. Maybe they were thinking about an income source? Any other reason you would want an oil rig on your property? Seems like that would be counter productive in the whole privacy thing.

Thanks! So, based on what you know, can you offer an opinion about the activity shown on Bobby's phone record after the 8th? Specifically, would Bobby have to be alive for that activity to occur or could it be some third party checking his voicemail?

Or, wait, just had a wild thought. Is there a redial button on the Blackberry? That the dog could have stepped on?

It's certainly possible that someone else accessed his voice-mail assuming it wasn't password protected. Honestly, it's a 50/50 deal. Some won't bother with a password while others will. However, if the voice-mail was accessed from another phone, from what I remember, it wouldn't show up on a cell phone bill outside of the phone bill that the call was made from. People in a general area with cell phone service with AT&T would be calling the same voice-mail number from their cell phones to access any messages.

From what we've all seen, that phone was in use. The question is, who was using it. I only wish I had an answer. If the voice-mail was checked from a phone other than a cell phone, I would think the phone company would know the from number that accessed it, but I'm not totally certain about that. I hope that helps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste