DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My vote:

• 53% murder
• 30% exposure
• 15% murder/suicide
• 1% took off due to paranoia/fear on their own (new category)
• 1% WPP (sorry, Mitch!)

(I can't put zero for any theory...as we don't know for certain what happened.)

Originally I believed it was murder (90%). Now I'm not as sure. In any case I can only ascribe 2% to the chance that they are still alive, based on finding three bodies reasonably close (2 adults; 1 child). The 2% allows for fibs by LE and the extremely remote chance that there 'happened' to be 2 other adults and one child killed/dumped in the same area.

No problem, besides I am well aware my theory isn't shared among many.

It would be a coincidence and I don't think it would be the 1st time LE told us some fibs though

My take:

Murder/suicide: 42%
Exposure: 38%
Murder by a third party: 20%

Total number of posts between 22 January disclosure that the bodies found in Lake Eufaula were anywhere from 200 to 2000 years old ("that narrows it down") and were thus not the Jamisons, and 17 November post by little726 that linked a rumor of recovered remains: 55

Total number of posts since that time: 1047

My vote is murder/suicide. I just can't believe they all succumbed to exposure all together like that. Even in horrendous conditions, snow storms or what not there is always that one person who sets out to go get help. IMO

This reduces murder-suicide chances:
The briefcase was never found, nor was Sherilyn Jamison's small-caliber handgun.
Though perhaps in the search of the area the gun may have been missed? (I suppose other means could have been used to accomplish the task but - other than deliberate overdoses perhaps - can't think of any likely.)

Today's article alludes to what was found: "shoes, bits of clothing and other bones and bone fragments.”

http://newsok.com/jamison-family-wa...anishing-records-show/article/3909260/?page=2

I still don't understand the briefcase and the bank bag. Do we know if money was in the briefcase or maybe it was that file folder that was found in the truck? I honestly don't think they took money to buy the land, because they had talked to the landowner and knew the landowner lived in another state! Thus no reason to take money that day to buy the land. They had bought a house so knew that a title search needed to be done, most likely needed to be surveyed, bill of sale written, etc. I just don't get that aspect.

Somewhere among all these threads I read that Bobby had gotten the money in the bank bag from the safe at his Mom's to give to Sherilyn since they were having marital problems, and he wanted her to have half of his settlement. Maybe he changed his mind on that because they were getting along again, and just kept it hid there so it wouldn't get spent. Sounds crazy but eh, I can't see why else that amount was in the truck! My only other theory was that there was more money than that, and the thief left that to make it appear that the weren't robbed...but...who knew they had cash on them? Not a likely thing to assume. Even if the robber knew, what would make them think someone else knew? So taking it all would have made more sense. I could think of LOTS of things I could use $32,000 for.

My guess... 80% murder motive unknown...and 20% died from exposure, animal activity, snake bite, something along that line. I don't think murder/suicide as there's been no release that a weapon was found with them, and just because someone felt angry at someone one day, doesn't mean the did the next day. The last entries from Sherilyn seemed as though she was happy with the relationship, and we seen or heard nothing that would make me think Bobby would kill his family.

Some people are very territorial towards their area. Maybe other land owners didn't want someone else moving in there. With the owners living out of state, the current neighbors had use of that land and didn't want to give that up. Maybe the Jamison's stumbled upon some illegal activity while out looking at the land, and someone was afraid they would tell.

Alright since you're all voting ... here is my opinion:

70% died from exposure due to getting lost while following some kind of spiritual quest and/or the call of "spirits/ghosts"
25% murder
5% WPP or self-staged disappearance

I honestly don't think they took money to buy the land, because they had talked to the landowner and knew the landowner lived in another state! Thus no reason to take money that day to buy the land. They had bought a house so knew that a title search needed to be done, most likely needed to be surveyed, bill of sale written, etc. I just don't get that aspect.

Oh snap-I didn't even think about that, I have read right past it before and I am always on the look out for things that help my theory (as this does) or definitively disprove it.

Alright since you're all voting ... here is my opinion:

70% died from exposure due to getting lost while following some kind of spiritual quest and/or the call of "spirits/ghosts"
25% murder
5% WPP or self-staged disappearance

Nice to see some people considering it-even if its at the bottom of the pile.
Not criticizing, just curious-What's got the "died from exposure" at the top of your list

Oh snap-I didn't even think about that, I have read right past it before and I am always on the look out for things that help my theory (as this does) or definitively disprove it.

So Mitch, what's your vote? You lean toward WPP, but to what extent? Are you willing to consider any other theories?

(BTW, thanks for putting your view forward. We don't want to succumb to group-think.)

Nice to see some people considering it-even if its at the bottom of the pile.
Not criticizing, just curious-What's got the "died from exposure" at the top of your list

Mainly because LE said there were no signs of foul play when they found the remains.

So Mitch, what's your vote? You lean toward WPP, but to what extent? Are you willing to consider any other theories?

(BTW, thanks for putting your view forward. We don't want to succumb to group-think.)

Oh yeah I definitely think there could be a number of other things that could have happened.

If I put a percentage on it
90%-WPP-alive and well- No reward even though we know the family got the 32,000 and might have divided up Bobby Sr.'s estate, the truck interior, child taken out of school right before disappearance, sherilyn signed over custody of son right before disappearance and lots of other stuff-but those are some of the major reasons why I lean toward alive and well
5%-Murder for any # of reasons, but I think if that happened the bodies or bones were dumped there
5%-Died from exposure-I did consider that maybe mommy and daddy were fighting that day and the person not driving jumped out, ran into the woods and the person driving had to come to an abrupt stop, jumped out quickly to try and catch that person and not wanting to leave the child in the car took her too

One of the more than a few articles - this from a Tulsa tv station, 18 November - about "foul play."

OSBI: Foul Play Not Suspected After Remains Found In Latimer County. (newson6.com)

In all of the articles I checked, specific attribution of the statement is lacking - "OSBI investigators," "authorities have said," etc. One wonders. At any rate we've not heard it again, I don't think, in the last 10 days.

Also, and interestingly, the statement does not appear in the long article the Oklahoman published today. (Unless I missed it and this is always possible!) In fact, the investigative reporter does not mention OSBI at all - one wonders about that.

The whole article thesis, actually, is based on the real possibility of foul play. If OSBI still feels that way, a good newsperson would report it as a balance, after verifying it again. I don't know enough about the writer's work to date to hazard a guess.

(Oh - reader comments beneath linked article are good too.)

One of the more than a few articles - this from a Tulsa tv station, 18 November - about "foul play."

OSBI: Foul Play Not Suspected After Remains Found In Latimer County. (newson6.com)

In all of the articles I checked, specific attribution of the statement is lacking - "OSBI investigators," "authorities have said," etc. One wonders. At any rate we've not heard it again, I don't think, in the last 10 days.

Also, and interestingly, the statement does not appear in the long article the Oklahoman published today. (Unless I missed it and this is always possible!) In fact, the investigative reporter does not mention OSBI at all - one wonders about that.

The whole article thesis, actually, is based on the real possibility of foul play. If OSBI still feels that way, a good newsperson would report it as a balance, after verifying it again. I don't know enough about the writer's work to date to hazard a guess.

(Oh - reader comments beneath linked article are good too.)

I found the comments interesting.

One of the comments reminded me about the point that apparently the Jamisons asked the church pastor about what kind of bullets to use to kill a demon. Who came up with this point? The pastor? Did anyone other than the pastor hear them talking about demons on the roof?

Secondly, there were comments about the fact that Bobby and Madyson likely couldn't have walked that far.

I found the comments interesting.

One of the comments reminded me about the point that apparently the Jamisons asked the church pastor about what kind of bullets to use to kill a demon. Who came up with this point? The pastor? Did anyone other than the pastor hear them talking about demons on the roof?

Secondly, there were comments about the fact that Bobby and Madyson likely couldn't have walked that far.
The "special bullets" (and ghosts and demons) first appeared in the Oklahoman's 02 May 2010 story.

Sherilyn's friend, either on here or elsewhere, dismissed it as an example of the Jamisons' "sense of humor" - and speculated they were having fun at the pastor's expense.

I noticed in the Oklahoman article today that former sheriff IB again referred to the possibility the Jamisons were "scammers" - cited were the lawsuits and the disability payments to both; this to me raised the question without stating it directly that Bobby's injuries from the wreck were possibly not severe as advertised. (Also the $65,000 settlement appears a bit low for truly debilitating injuries - perhaps the insurance company, though doubtful, paid off so as not to have to face the possibility of a runaway jury if the matter came to trial?)

My vote:

• 100% murder
• 0% exposure
• 0% murder/suicide
• 0% WPP (sorry, Mitch!)

Just look at where the truck was parked. They were no longer on the flat part of the well site. The truck was on the road heading away from it. The Jamisons were leaving the area when they disappeared.

Who did it? And why? That's all I'm trying to figure out at this point.

My current theory: Bobby was a little too chatty about the cash they had on hand when talking to people either on the phone or face to face out on the mountain, and the wrong person(s) heard about it. Who then confronted the family, probably at gunpoint, as they began to drive down the road away from the property, catching a payday (the briefcase) but missing a bigger payday (the bank bag under the seat).

See this post by mtrooper:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4783077&postcount=434

Okay, so I just read the new article. It says there was an incident report released Wednesday with GPS coordinates of the remains. Can we get a copy of that report?

No problem, being the "underdog" is a challenge and keeps me on my toes

For me the way the car was left with all the doors locked doesn't seem quite right. If they were leaving down the mountain and someone came up, they, I would think, had to also be in a vehicle in order to block them. Bobby would have gotten out (why would all of them) been met with a gun then the rest ordered to get out and I don't think they would think to lock the doors behind them and I don't think the criminal(s) would think to go back and lock them
But all this is if I assume (by assume I am not being critical) there was cash in the briefcase and I have to assume the criminal(s) new it was in the briefcase and I have to assume that they new the Jamison's had it with them that day. I'm just trying to put myself in the "drivers seat" and play it out in my head.

Who knows, maybe that surveillance video shows someone staking them out on several occasions, which I would like to add (because it is voted most unpopular) could also fit my theory as well as solve your problem

For me the way the car was left with all the doors locked doesn't seem quite right. If they were leaving down the mountain and someone came up, they, I would think, had to also be in a vehicle in order to block them. Bobby would have gotten out (why would all of them) been met with a gun then the rest ordered to get out and I don't think they would think to lock the doors behind them and I don't think the criminal(s) would think to go back and lock them
snip

Perhaps, assuming the "taken in a vehicle" scenario, they got into the vehicle voluntarily as it was someone they had met before, or knew. Lock doors, leave dog there. Be back soon.

snip

Perhaps, assuming the "taken in a vehicle" scenario, they got into the vehicle voluntarily as it was someone they had met before, or knew. Lock doors, leave dog there. Be back soon.

Yeah but if it was someone you knew wouldn't you say hey follow me back up to the pad site to park the truck

Yeah but if it was someone you knew wouldn't you say hey follow me back up to the pad site to park the truck
Well, we might. Not sure about the Jamisons though.

The locked thing does bother me as until recently (like, oh, today) I didn't really consider the "left with other(s) voluntarily" idea overmuch. I always "see" it with the blocked vehicle and the glint of a gun. But I think it makes more sense, Occam's Razor-wise, at least, that they did leave with someone they knew, or thought they knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ManicPixieSim