OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, 8 Oct 2009 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I read your post right-your main theory is lost in woods.
Main at the moment -- but DEFINITELY not my exclusive theory. My earlier theory percentage distribution had "foul play" in a higher position, and I still don't rule it out by any means.

I guess for me Bobby studied horticulture and worked on a tree farm I would think he has a decent understanding of where he was
Respectfully disagree. That is not wilderness type knowledge at all, as I understand it.

Also, several recent posts (including particularly the recent poster who quickly lost his bow and backpack within a very small area) demonstrate how easy it is for even an experienced hunter/woodsperson to get lost quickly. Frightening. He was smart and stayed put till dawn; but just imagine how easy it would be to panic, wander around, and get yourself lost even further!

It seems much more likely that they arrived at the well site and parked near the bluff, climbed up it, walked to the rocks, took the photo, returned to the truck, and began to drive away from the well site. And then whatever happened to them happened.
Thank you for the pics, OkieGranny, and I totally agree with the fact that they were leaving when they stopped. But WHY did they stop? That's the big mystery.

In these pics it looks like the truck is not pulled off to the side, but stopped right in the middle of the road (see wheel ruts in the unpaved road). This confuses me because I thought this was not the case. And if it was, wouldn't the truck have been reported earlier...? How many people, if any, lived above where the truck stopped? No one? Was there just the water tank and the abandoned spray-painted truck...?

Not that there are no trees, certainly, but, trivia time, "sans bois" means "without forest."

(Insert own "can't see the forest for the trees" Jamison-case-tie-in remark here.)

Maybe the other vehicle was there with them all along and instead of coming up the hill blocking them, they both were driving down the hill-the Jamisons truck behind the other vehicle
Well again, interesting. Hadn't thought of that either.

Then Sasquatch jumps out in front of the vehicle that the Jamisons are now in and foils the plan the aliens had to abduct them once the]y reached the bottom of the mountain-Don't be messin with Sasquach.
Eff ME! Completely forgot about Sasquatch!! lol

They had to get out of the vehicle for SOME reason. "Holy ****, honey! I swear just saw an 8 foot tall upright hairy hominid creature lumbering along... let's follow it!."

(is this wrong? I got a rare cancer at 38 and gallows humor is how I deal with anything.)

Not that there are no trees, certainly, but, trivia time, "sans bois" means "without forest."
Oui. My brother the atheist used to use the screen name SansDieux. I, being merely an agnostic, said there were many gods I was not quite sure about.

I have a relative who keeps certain valuables in his home and he always takes these valuables with him if he's going to be away from home for any length of time, in case the house is burglarized or burns down while he's gone. We've tried and tried to convince him to use either a safe or a safety deposit box, but he just won't. Surely he's not the only person in the world who behaves this way.

Actually, that would make sense considering the spirits and their recent run in with the handyman. They might find it safer to carry with them rather than keep it at home. Just tossing ideas around.

Screenshot2013-11-29at35551AM_zpsd7f105bc.png

Zooming out to get a perspective of the area surrounding the well site, we can see the road leading up to it, the large flat clearing where the well once was, and there's the bluff along the north edge of the site.

We know that the final photo of Madyson was taken near rocks above the bluff, "maybe just a couple of hundred yards," according to Sheriff Beauchamp. This could be the line of whitish rocks seen to the north of the bluff, but there's another line of white rocks even further north that seems a better match for this distance estimate.

Hmmm, I didn't realize the pic was taken ABOVE the bluff. If that's the case, then my thoughts that Bobby couldn't and/or wouldn't have just gone into those woods to meander (because of his bad back) is inaccurate. Above the bluff? That's some major hiking. Too bad there's no way to know for sure that he was with them when this pic was taken.

Okay, let's look at where the truck was found.

Screenshot2013-11-29at40907AM_zps1cbff4a3.png

In this picture, we can see the bluff rising on the north side of the well site behind the truck. And there's a long, low ridge of rock along the edge of the road on the passenger side of the truck.

Screenshot2013-11-29at35525AM_zps893de653.png

Looking on Google Earth, the spot I think best matches the photo above is marked by the yellow balloon. Can't zoom in any closer without losing all detail, but I'm pretty sure that's the same long, low ridge of rock to the left of the yellow balloon.

Screenshot2013-11-29at35551AM_zpsd7f105bc.png

Zooming out to get a perspective of the area surrounding the well site, we can see the road leading up to it, the large flat clearing where the well once was, and there's the bluff along the north edge of the site.

We know that the final photo of Madyson was taken near rocks above the bluff, "maybe just a couple of hundred yards," according to Sheriff Beauchamp. This could be the line of whitish rocks seen to the north of the bluff, but there's another line of white rocks even further north that seems a better match for this distance estimate.

IMO, it just doesn't make sense that they would drive onto the well site, turn the truck around, drive back onto the beginning of the road, and park the truck there before climbing the bluff and walking to the spot where Madyson's photo was taken.

It seems much more likely that they arrived at the well site and parked near the bluff, climbed up it, walked to the rocks, took the photo, returned to the truck, and began to drive away from the well site. And then whatever happened to them happened.

Sheriff Beauchamp again, from the Disappeared transcript: "It seemed to me like they were leaving, and that someone came up that one-way road, and they stopped. Maybe they knew them, maybe not well. They stopped and talked to the person. From there, obviously, I don't know what happened."

So, there's one thing at least that IB and I agree on.

And here's the video of the drive up the mountain again, if you missed it earlier or just want to review. The rock ridge on the left side of the road can be seen at the 2:10 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUJJ8E0EFSo

So throw all this into your brain stew and see what cooks up.

Thanks for posting that Oakie.....what a long & desolate trek!

I agree the lack of a reward seems odd, but there have been odd statements and/or behaviors from just about everyone connected to Bobby and Sherilyn. If this were a WPP case, offering a reward seems like a no harm/no foul kind of deal because, if their relocation and identity change were well enough done, no one would ever claim the reward. And I can tell you that a big reward doesn't necessarily draw that much attention. There's currently a $35,000 reward being offered in the Molly Miller case down in Love County, and her name has never been mentioned by any national media.

About pulling Madyson out of school, here's a post by NS about that:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5345010&postcount=28

And one by mtrooper:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5347533&postcount=31

I'm working on info about the custody of Sherilyn's son, but the stupid OSCN website went down and I'll have to try again later. I can tell you that she did not voluntarily sign him over. Her ex-husband was awarded custody by the court.

You are right Sherilyn did not voluntarily sign over her son and father was given custody by the court. I read every document on that site last night - the case ended with father getting full custody in 2009 and Sherilyn only had visitation if deemed okay by the father. Sherilyn started out as the plantiff looking for over $30,000 in child support and ended up losing custody. There were some references in the court filings where there were no documents to back up the rulings that I would have liked to see - but will not add any fuel to any fire or start any rumors which can not be verified. Father got full custody of son for 'safety reasons'.

ETA: Father was given emergency custody in June 2009.

Here is the link to the court filings/documents - it just worked for me so it is probably back up now: http://www.oscn.net/applications/oc...=caseGeneral&casemasterID=1560352&db=Oklahoma

I keep trying to go through and find a link to the remains found. They (le) haven't identified them yet? Speculated to be them?
I remember when the Jamisons first went missing. I always thought they disappeared because of psychosis due to drug use.....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

You are right Sherilyn did not voluntarily sign over her son and father was given custody by the court. I read every document on that site last night - the case ended with father getting full custody in 2009 and Sherilyn only had visitation if deemed okay by the father. Sherilyn started out as the plantiff looking for over $30,000 in child support and ended up losing custody. There were some references in the court filings where there were no documents to back up the rulings that I would have liked to see - but will not add any fuel to any fire or start any rumors which can not be verified. Father got full custody of son for 'safety reasons'.

ETA: Father was given emergency custody in June 2009.

Here is the link to the court filings/documents - it just worked for me so it is probably back up now: http://www.oscn.net/applications/oc...=caseGeneral&casemasterID=1560352&db=Oklahoma

WOW! Custody battle began in 2002 and wasn't settled until 2009! That's a long battle.

Was thinking about this family earlier. "IF" the reports of hallucinations, paranoia, etc are true, then it's possible they went into the woods just to get a feel for the area, and hearing birds, squirrels etc running around in the leaves could have made them think someone was after them. Psychosis of sorts. Where THEIR reality would have them believe they were in grave danger. Was only thinking of that because I've been hunting with my daughter, and every little noise seems magnified in the quiet of the woods. I would think a huge deer was coming over the hill, and it was birds or chipmunks! LOL!

Respectfully and substantially snipped. The post is excellent.

IMO, it just doesn't make sense that they would drive onto the well site, turn the truck around, drive back onto the beginning of the road, and park the truck there before climbing the bluff and walking to the spot where Madyson's photo was taken.

What if they didn't want to be disturbed, for whatever reason. Parking where they did blocks access to the site. They might not have wanted someone to drive up on them.

Sheriff Beauchamp again, from the Disappeared transcript: "It seemed to me like they were leaving, and that someone came up that one-way road, and they stopped. Maybe they knew them, maybe not well. They stopped and talked to the person. From there, obviously, I don't know what happened."

So, there's one thing at least that IB and I agree on.

There is one thing that would argue against that. The car was locked.

Someone, in theory, could have blocked them, and ordered them out of the car at gunpoint. Why would he lock the car? The presumed perpetrator didn't steal anything that we know of and didn't search it well, or he would have found the $32 k.

Was the picture of Madyson taken by the cell phone camera on the first trip to the mountain or on the 2nd trip to the mountain (the next day). Do we know the exact date and time of that picture of Madyson?

Hmmm, I didn't realize the pic was taken ABOVE the bluff. If that's the case, then my thoughts that Bobby couldn't and/or wouldn't have just gone into those woods to meander (because of his bad back) is inaccurate. Above the bluff? That's some major hiking. Too bad there's no way to know for sure that he was with them when this pic was taken.

The area where he was injured might not have impeded his walking.

I have stenosis, lower in my back (L-5, S-1), which does effect walking. Even on a not particularly good day, I could get up that bluff, though I might have to rest after climbing it.

Bobby had a problem with his neck, which might have had a lower impact on walking.

In my case, I generally can move better in warmer weather. It would have been in low 80's to high 70's. That could have had an impact as well.

Was the picture of Madyson taken by the cell phone camera on the first trip to the mountain or on the 2nd trip to the mountain (the next day). Do we know the exact date and time of that picture of Madyson?

From the way LE talked, they had the time and the location.

What if they didn't want to be disturbed, for whatever reason. Parking where they did blocks access to the site. They might not have wanted someone to drive up on them.

Someone, in theory, could have blocked them, and ordered them out of the car at gunpoint. Why would he lock the car? The presumed perpetrator didn't steal anything that we know of and didn't search it well, or he would have found the $32 k.

I don't know if that truck had automatic locks or not, but if it did, all Bobby would have needed to do was hit that little button on his key ring to lock the doors, whether voluntarily or involuntarily leaving the truck.

I don't know if that truck had automatic locks or not, but if it did, all Bobby would have needed to do was hit that little button on his key ring to lock the doors, whether voluntarily or involuntarily leaving the truck.

Why would he, however? If I was being forced out at gunpoint, I might leave the doors open, in case there was a chance to escape.

I keep trying to go through and find a link to the remains found. They (le) haven't identified them yet? Speculated to be them?
I remember when the Jamisons first went missing. I always thought they disappeared because of psychosis due to drug use.....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

They have not been identified yet.
The first inkling of a rumor of bodies found was posted by little726 in thread 10 page 33 post #805.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150472&page=33

For reference I also put this in the Tags section which is down at the bottom of each page.

One thing that has been speculated on was that the missing briefcase may have held an additional $32,000 which was Sharilyn's share and the money under the seat was Bobby's. The perp may have taken the briefcase thinking he had the mother lode and didn't bother to look any further. And, the gun is also missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState