OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, 8 Oct 2009 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, wfgodot, just stumbled across your highlights from a BlogTalk Radio program about the Jamisons that aired in 2010. I don't suppose anyone kept a link to that episode?

I haven't been able to find it by googling. Maybe it didn't get archived, or maybe I just haven't hit upon the right combination of keywords yet.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5814799&postcount=130

ETA: Does anyone have approximate dates for when the handyman moved in and out of the Jamisons' home? Now that I need that info (for the timeline), I can't find it. "During the summer" is not specific enough.
Glaring omission on my part. Checked the single-post link and merrily scrolled back, thinking that, because I hadn't, surely someone had above me and my reference would thus be linked and clear. Well - no. At least not on that thread. Mea culpa. Will keep looking. I remember listening to and excerpting the blogtalk thing and that's about it.

ETA
I did post this link - http://www.blogtalkradio.com/arms-around-angels - late on thread #5 in relation to that blogtalk show. Thread as clicked has nothing to show for that episode but does include a couple links that might.

Hmm, wfgodot, just stumbled across your highlights from a BlogTalk Radio program about the Jamisons that aired in 2010. I don't suppose anyone kept a link to that episode?

I haven't been able to find it by googling. Maybe it didn't get archived, or maybe I just haven't hit upon the right combination of keywords yet.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5814799&postcount=130

ETA: Does anyone have approximate dates for when the handyman moved in and out of the Jamisons' home? Now that I need that info (for the timeline), I can't find it. "During the summer" is not specific enough.

"During the summer" This is all I've ever read.

So if the road was so narrow where the truck was parked, what did the people that saw it do? Did they back down and turn around? Numerous times?? Did they see it from a different vantage point?

My vote
85% murder
14% exposure
1% Bigfoot, snake or other animal, WPP (in that order)

Good point about the narrow road!

So....if it's them, how long do you think the remains were at the place where they were found? They were last seen the ninth but the truck went unreported till the 17th.

1. Since very shortly after they disappeared. They died at the site.
2. Since within a week. They died at the site.
3. Since within a week; killed elsewhere then bodies left at site.
4. Since within a month; killed elsewhere, left at site after primary search ended.
5. Their remains were taken to the site during the interim years of their disappearance.

If this has already been discussed, I apologize for bringing it up again.

Maybe Bobby's Mom doesn't know exactly how his personal injury case was settled or what was done with the money. A case was filed and later dismissed which indicates that it was settled without a trial, but I'm not sure this means it was settled out of Court. More interesting is that the case was “settled” for $64,000. The article doesn't say that the Jamison's received $64,000. I thought that the settlement amount is usually what the insurance company pays out. Unless I am mistaken personal injury lawyers usually enter into a contingency fee arrangement with the plaintiff and take either nothing or the agreed to percentage if they recover money. I'm thinking that this percentage is usually 50% and the lawyer gets his/her cut when the money is disbursed. Is it possible that the $32,000 that was in the truck is all that the Jamison's received and that there is no second stash money?

So....if it's them, how long do you think the remains were at the place where they were found? They were last seen the ninth but the truck went unreported till the 17th.

4. Since within a month; killed elsewhere, left at site after primary search ended.
5. Their remains were taken to the site during the interim years of their disappearance.

Number 2.

#4, followed by #3.

I'll vote on my own thing. I'll go with....

If this has already been discussed, I apologize for bringing it up again.

Maybe Bobby's Mom doesn't know exactly how his personal injury case was settled or what was done with the money. A case was filed and later dismissed which indicates that it was settled without a trial, but I'm not sure this means it was settled out of Court. More interesting is that the case was “settled” for $64,000. The article doesn't say that the Jamison's received $64,000. I thought that the settlement amount is usually what the insurance company pays out. Unless I am mistaken personal injury lawyers usually enter into a contingency fee arrangement with the plaintiff and take either nothing or the agreed to percentage if they recover money. I'm thinking that this percentage is usually 50% and the lawyer gets his/her cut when the money is disbursed. Is it possible that the $32,000 that was in the truck is all that the Jamison's received and that there is no second stash money?

Settled without a trial means it was settled out of court. It is normal for a lawyer to take a contingency fee in a case like this, and I think about 1/3 is standard. I think it's pretty unusual to take 1/2 unless they take the case to trial, but this is not my area of law. I assumed people in the know had specifically said that the Jamisons actually received $64k, tho, and if the settlement amount was $100k, that would make sense as to what they got after their lawyer took his/her fee plus some costs.

I vote #1.

I'm gonna go with 2. Good thing this fence isnt very high, I keep hopping on and off it... :fence:

Did I read that one body was found in the fetal position? Can anyone confirm that one body was found like that?

Gonna have to go with #1. Abducted/lured away from the truck, taken to the site where the remains were found and killed there.

I must have been mistaken, happens often.

Was it Batman where the chief tells Robin, "you're a detective now, you don't believe in coincidences." I kinda feel that way about the bodies being found so close to the McStay case. Not saying there is a big looping conspiracy, just that IF someone was responsible for their death, they could have set the wheels Iin motion for the discovery of the bodies. Like, "I saw a bunch of deer sign over on the hollow, might want to check it out."
Why did this hunter decide to go in that portion of woods at this time. It is obviously not his regular hunting area since they haven't been discovered before. What set him on the course to "scout" deer over there? Scouting is indicative of him not being in that general area for some time, so why now?

I would love to see that question asked and answered publicly. Maybe nothing but could be something.

Was it Batman where the chief tells Robin, "you're a detective now, you don't believe in coincidences." I kinda feel that way about the bodies being found so close to the McStay case. Not saying there is a big looping conspiracy, just that IF someone was responsible for their death, they could have set the wheels Iin motion for the discovery of the bodies. Like, "I saw a bunch of deer sign over on the hollow, might want to check it out."
Why did this hunter decide to go in that portion of woods at this time. It is obviously not his regular hunting area since they haven't been discovered before. What set him on the course to "scout" deer over there? Scouting is indicative of him not being in that general area for some time, so why now?
Sounds like the so-called "butterfly effect."
The name of the effect, coined by Edward Lorenz, is derived from the theoretical example of a hurricane's formation being contingent on whether or not a distant butterfly had flapped its wings several weeks earlier.
Wiki

It wasn't a lone hunter, but rather a family..a husband, wife, and daughter who discovered the remains of the 2 adults and 1 child..
A husband, wife and daughter scouting out the area for deer hunting found the remains three miles from the spot where a missing family's pickup was found four years ago, said Jesse James, Latimer County sheriff.
m.newsok.com/article/3905955

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members