OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know if you look at a map that takes into account where they were all last known to be alive Red Oak, Wister OK, and Poteau OK that is even a lot closer yet. Looks like we might have someone stalking the 270/271 corridor. However I should mention that I still have a hinky feeling about Riley's husband, and that shoots my theory in the foot all together.
Here is a map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=eufau...code_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAsQ8gEwAA

Your map is wrong.. I just mapped it
hope this helps.

LINK

Red Oak, Oklahoma
Wister OK
Poteau OK

Just wondering what anyone else thought about a separate thread to look at all the OK cases together. In the Pittsburgh area, we had a serial murderer who was involved in a series of cases in which he killed the husband by shotgun and then abducted the wives, some of whom were never found. He killed others, as well. It may be useful to think about the similarities.

Just wondering what anyone else thought about a separate thread to look at all the OK cases together. In the Pittsburgh area, we had a serial murderer who was involved in a series of cases in which he killed the husband by shotgun and then abducted the wives, some of whom were never found. He killed others, as well. It may be useful to think about the similarities.

I vote yes.

I vote yes.

I vote yes, also.

There are soooo many unsolved murders in OK. I just don't know why LE can't solve a couple of them...at the very least!!! What are they doing, sitting at the coffee shop drinking coffee and eating doughnuts all day???

I just don't get it!! :waitasec:

I vote yes, also.

There are soooo many unsolved murders in OK. I just don't know why LE can't solve a couple of them...at the very least!!! What are they doing, sitting at the coffee shop drinking coffee and eating doughnuts all day???

I just don't get it!! :waitasec:

To quote myself here from waaay back on #204, page nine:
Oklahoma is a state in which favors and past agreements govern an abundance of situations, no matter the seriousness of the activity involved. These situations can also cross the lines between LE and civilians, with predictable results---crimes can go unsolved for many reasons.

I certainly vote yes to pittsburghgirl's excellent suggestion.

Off the top of my head, I can think of the....
Locust Grove Girl Scout Camp murders (1977)
Freeman/Bible murders, arson, and kidnapping near Welch (1999)
Denney double homicide, Cherokee County (2008)
Huls double homicide, near Welch (2008)
Weleetka girls double homicide (2008)
Joe Neff murder, Poteau (2009)
Jody Rilee-Wilson murder, Heavener (2009)
Pastor Carol Daniels murder, Anadarko (2009)
Jamison family disappearance near Red Oak (2009)

Those are just for starters. There is also a thread devoted specifically to southeastern OK murders, just started by sweetheart29:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Need to start a new thread about all OK murders that could be, perhaps, be related.

This thread is just for the Jamison family.

Need to start a new thread about all OK murders that could be, perhaps, be related.

This thread is just for the Jamison family.

Sorry, just indicating what's out there. The last published article on the Jamison family that I can find is from 30 October, over three weeks ago. Noting other unsolved cases is a way of keeping interest in this one.

Do you know the name of that serial killer? I would like to google the case, to read about it.. TIA.

Thank you.
IMO, there's a little more to consider; where their body's were found, where the crime scene was, and if their vehicle was taken, that should be included as well. It changes the pattern, pushes everything closer together.

This is a very true post, we would need to take all of these things into consideration as well.. possibly we could find more links, or at the least things to rule out.

I'm not sure how we all would go about doing this..

I suppose, if I was going to kill someone OK seems like the state to do it in... The LE doesn't seem very interested in doing their job and catching any of them. Don't get me wrong, if they were still searching. Missing on Oct. 7th, was not reported until Oct. 17th, and then searched for a whole 17 days. And they scaled back the search after a whopping week. What do we have to do, drive down there and search ourselves? Maybe cadaver dogs would be more effective now that its been a while?

I suppose, if I was going to kill someone OK seems like the state to do it in... The LE doesn't seem very interested in doing their job and catching any of them. Don't get me wrong, if they were still searching. Missing on Oct. 7th, was not reported until Oct. 17th, and then searched for a whole 17 days. And they scaled back the search after a whopping week. What do we have to do, drive down there and search ourselves? Maybe cadaver dogs would be more effective now that its been a while?

I think the Jamison investigation might also have suffered because the family, even though they're Oklahomans, were outsiders---they'd not been in Eufaula long, having moved there from OKC, and of course they were not known in the Red Oak area, having driven there from Eufaula.

Also to blame: where's the media on this one? A couple and their small child have vanished. OK journalism is strikingly sub-par, as I think I've noted before. But this should have been a case to attract national attention.

For want of any other info, I've just been catching up with reading Topix/Eufaula, and that can be a hair-raising experience in itself---way too many trolls, etc. etc. A bit of useful info (this is from the Authorities Search for Missing Eufaula Family thread), an answer to an inquiry about rivers, creeks, or mines in the area of the recovered vehicle:

"No river or creek close by no mines where their truck was just a lot of trees and rocks"
(page 5, #117, http://www.topix.com/forum/city/eufaula-ok/TJJINE5FVDHE8JPOI/p5 )

Lots of posters are like us---they can't believe this case isn't getting local attention, and hasn't gotten national attention.

And meanwhile, off-topic a bit but relevant to the general theme of missing persons in the area, on Loved Ones Speak Out On Search for Missing Eufaula Family, an aunt claims that her nephew has gone missing from Eufaula, and she can't get anyone to listen to her or care much about it (pages 5-6, #94, 103, 104, 106, 109 [she names the nephew here], 115, 121, http://www.topix.com/forum/city/eufaula-ok/T75OCCCMAFJTU8FL5/p5 )

Oh, also on the thread above, an alleged police officer/possible troll writes, of the Jamison family, "Trust me they were not very good people." (page 5, #120) He is taken to task handily by another poster (page 5, #122).

It seems LE, the media have failed this family =(
As for their relatives, they should be making a stink about LE not doing anything to find their missing daughter, grandbaby, and soninlaw. It seems the Sheriff decided once hunting season no more searches, and forgot about the whole case.
It's a shame. I don't want this family's story to just fizzle out like that.
They deserve to have some type of closure, they deserve to have people find out what happened to them.
Usually the media is on top of stories with missing children, it seems like they forgot all about little 6 year old Madyson..

For want of any other info, I've just been catching up with reading Topix/Eufaula, and that can be a hair-raising experience in itself---way too many trolls, etc. etc. A bit of useful info (this is from the Authorities Search for Missing Eufaula Family thread), an answer to an inquiry about rivers, creeks, or mines in the area of the recovered vehicle:

"No river or creek close by no mines where their truck was just a lot of trees and rocks"
(page 5, #117, http://www.topix.com/forum/city/eufaula-ok/TJJINE5FVDHE8JPOI/p5 )

Lots of posters are like us---they can't believe this case isn't getting local attention, and hasn't gotten national attention.

And meanwhile, off-topic a bit but relevant to the general theme of missing persons in the area, on Loved Ones Speak Out On Search for Missing Eufaula Family, an aunt claims that her nephew has gone missing from Eufaula, and she can't get anyone to listen to her or care much about it (pages 5-6, #94, 103, 104, 106, 109 [she names the nephew here], 115, 121, http://www.topix.com/forum/city/eufaula-ok/T75OCCCMAFJTU8FL5/p5 )

Oh, also on the thread above, an alleged police officer/possible troll writes, of the Jamison family, "Trust me they were not very good people." (page 5, #120) He is taken to task handily by another poster (page 5, #122).

BBM i really hope a troll wrote that, it would be absolutely horrible if someone who actually wears a badge and calls themself a cop said such a thing!

Who are they to judge this family?
How could a 6 year old girl be referred to as "not very good people".
Good Lord, who is investigating this case??
They need to call in the FBI if the local LE can't handle the job..

Please, understand that this is NOT known to be true!--There has been "talk" in McAlester that the family was found. This comes from two unrelated individuals. The interesting thing is that they are saying they were found in a "shack" in a different section than what was searched. Both people said they were found dead, with one saying it appeared Sharilynn had taken the lives of her daughter and husband, then herself. One person also said Sherilynn had recently been released from a mental institution. When I first heard this, I couldn't believe the search party had not checked this shack they were talking about, but it was supposedly over a mile from where the truck was found. The first person told this last week, and the second one today. Is this rumor? Is this something that was started on Topix? I honestly don't know, but I did find it interesting since it came from two different people, one being very connected to the Red Oak area. Wouldn't this have been in the news, even if an investigation was on-going?

Please, understand that this is NOT known to be true!--There has been "talk" in McAlester that the family was found. This comes from two unrelated individuals. The interesting thing is that they are saying they were found in a "shack" in a different section than what was searched. Both people said they were found dead, with one saying it appeared Sharilynn had taken the lives of her daughter and husband, then herself. One person also said Sherilynn had recently been released from a mental institution. When I first heard this, I couldn't believe the search party had not checked this shack they were talking about, but it was supposedly over a mile from where the truck was found. The first person told this last week, and the second one today. Is this rumor? Is this something that was started on Topix? I honestly don't know, but I did find it interesting since it came from two different people, one being very connected to the Red Oak area. Wouldn't this have been in the news, even if an investigation was on-going?

Yes, even in Oklahoma, that would make the news, I think. I checked, and Topix/McAlester doesn't appear ever to have had a thread for the Jamisons; I didn't see anything in re: this on the Eufaula threads, and, while Tulsa has had a thread, nothing new had been posted in some time. I'll keep looking.

BBM i really hope a troll wrote that, it would be absolutely horrible if someone who actually wears a badge and calls themself a cop said such a thing!

Who are they to judge this family?
How could a 6 year old girl be referred to as "not very good people".
Good Lord, who is investigating this case??
They need to call in the FBI if the local LE can't handle the job..

I just re-read that comment from the alleged LE person, and noticed, second time around, that he (or she) uses the past tense to talk about the Jamisons---"Trust me they were not very good people"---which would indicate, if this person is on the up and up, that he or she knows they're dead; that opens up quite a dismal possibility, i.e., that LE is either keeping something from us, or was involved in the case, let us say, in a highly negative manner, or both.

BUT I think that person is just a diseased troll. Hope so.

Bizarre. Someone needs to do something here!!! So are they dead or still vanished?? So many questions...so little answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warsovika