OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
$41,000? If this is right, then something is very wrong. Where I have lived, one does not "buy" property by driving to the site, doing a "look-see" and then swapping cash for a title with the seller, it just doesn't work that way. The sale of land is completed when the "transfer of ownership" is registered with the county. The transfer is carried out at relator, attorney, title co or escrow office, depending on the state/situation.

I'm wondering if this wasn't a set-up/robbery that didn't work out because the family/victims used TWO CARS. That is, the family had worked out some sort of CASH deal with someone (probably illegal; ie drug? or something) but they didn't trust the other party so they left the cash in the truck and parked it discrete but nearby. They then met the other and it turned out their fears were justified. Their plan may have worked to the extent that the other party didn't get any money, but it looks like they still killed the family and disposed of the body with the other vehicle; perhaps miles away.

The Topix thread is interesting in that, of the many post, no one claims to have really known the family. One poster claims to be a cousin. He/she is from Texas and has only disclosed that they weren't criminals or "druggies" but otherwise, disclosed little about them. One poster mention that they were believed to be wealthy. One poster mention the husband may have had cancer and one mentioned the "protective order" againt the husband's father. The lack of any information regarding Job or other personal relationships is unusual.

$41,000? If this is right, then something is very wrong. Where I have lived, one does not "buy" property by driving to the site, doing a "look-see" and then swapping cash for a title with the seller, it just doesn't work that way. The sale of land is completed when the "transfer of ownership" is registered with the county. The transfer is carried out at relator, attorney, title co or escrow office, depending on the state/situation.

Perhaps they had planned to buy the land that day, but went out for a final look at it before they actually laid their money down. Then something happened, whether accident or foul play. You would think whoever planned to meet them for the sale, however, would have come forward when they didn't show up at the appointed meeting place/time.

Did anyone else notice that one of the articles said there were shoes left in the truck also? It could have been just extra shoes, perhaps they brought along older "mudders" or hiking boots to walk around the land, but it did seem a bit curious. Could someone have made them leave their possessions and shoes behind, thinking a lack of shoes would keep them from running in the difficult terrain?

This case becomes more complex by the day.

Now, the truck was not called in til the 17th.
The money amount is $41,000.
They had to know that cash money on a real estate deal is not the way things
are done.
If for some reason, this trip involved a drug deal, and I am not saying it did,
why bring the daughter?

Topix posters have said, dad had back surgery, that he had cancer,
that they were a relative but had not seen them in a long time,
that it rained hard in that area of OK, so no scent dogs will be used,
lots of stuff on topix.

But,
why would a family of 3 leave their home on a Thursday,
and never be seen again?
And
why would no one call them in as missing?
Not a friend, a co worker, a neighbor,
an employer?
And
they have a security system at home?
And a nice looking truck
and big bunches of cash,
and are off to a remote area
to buy land?

I keep thinking, maybe they were forced out of the pickup
and taken somewhere else,
but then why was the money left?
He took the car keys, one of the news articles said.

If the pickup had engine trouble, they had their cell phones.
And if the cell phones did not work, then dad or mom
would have walked out, leaving a parent with the daughter
at the truck.

If they went to go look at the property on foot,
why didn't they take the dog? their coats? their cells?

If they were there to buy property with cash?
And I just cannot see that happening, but if,
who were they buying it from?
And where is he or she?

Where did they find out about the property for sale?
Ads? Online? Newspapers?

“Their white pickup was found on Panola Mountain, near Red Oak,” said Latimer County Sheriff’s Sgt. Chuck Wells. Law enforcement officers found the pickup Saturday parked on a dirt road in an isolated area near a well-site where a natural gas drilling rig had once been, according to Wells.

So I guess the truck was on the side of the dirt road. Even more strange to me. I was picturing the truck on the property that the family was interested in or something along those lines.

I think this is the truck:http://kotv.images.worldnow.com/images/11349062_BG3.jpg

okay not sure if that is the white truck or not. See a yellow light bar on top but will leave it posted anyway because would you look at the area? Dangerous terrain is right. Wow.

So was the truck right at the property they were interested in? 100 ft away? A mile? Five miles?

And can the media at least report whether the truck is in working order or not?

“Their white pickup was found on Panola Mountain, near Red Oak,” said Latimer County Sheriff’s Sgt. Chuck Wells. Law enforcement officers found the pickup Saturday parked on a dirt road in an isolated area near a well-site where a natural gas drilling rig had once been, according to Wells.

So I guess the truck was on the side of the dirt road. Even more strange to me. I was picturing the truck on the property that the family was interested in or something along those lines.

I think this is the truck:http://kotv.images.worldnow.com/images/11349062_BG3.jpg

okay not sure if that is the white truck or not. See a yellow light bar on top but will leave it posted anyway because would you look at the area? Dangerous terrain is right. Wow.
-----------------------------------------

That is the white truck I have seen in the news articles.

Notice the very muddy tires, when they drove in there, it must have been raining or very wet from recent rain.
Probably the truck is a 4 wheel drive, so I would think, no problem getting in or out.

And the road looks like it would barely be wide enough for 2 cars to pass.

And is that a dealer license plate on the front of the truck
or does OK have that color plate?
Looking at the image blown up to 200 percent, it looks like
there is not a license plate.

Why would a truck have that amber light on top?
And it has extra headlights or fog lights in front.

Is this a 2009 pickup? Did they just buy this pickup?

IMO: There would be no reason for them to leave the
pickup unless they were meeting someone or walking to a
piece of land nearby.

Prayers for the family.

So was the truck right at the property they were interested in? 100 ft away? A mile? Five miles?

And can the media at least report whether the truck is in working order or not?

It sounded to me like hunters on 4 wheelers were out and saw the truck parked on the side of the road, after several days and the truck was still there with the doggie inside they got suspicious and called it in. I have been looking at the area this is in (google-freak)and just wow, I understand a little better what they mean when they say dangerous terrain. I can almost go for the story that they went to check out the land they were interested in except for the fact that they brought the dog and then didn't take it with them to look at the land. I had a little hope when I read that they were going to use helicopters in the search on Friday but I don't see how that is going to help because there are just layers and layers of trees and stuff. It seems like they would benefit more by bringing in some tracking dogs. Did someone say there had been rain so the dogs couldn't pick up the scent?

Don't they know who owns the property? Maybe all they know is of a property but not which one the Jamison's were interested in. I'd have to imagine that the property owner would have come forward by now...if he hasn't, well that's just hinky.

http://www.koco.com/news/21397440/detail.html

(snips)
"The truck was locked," said Latimer County Sheriff Israel Beauchamp. "The keys were not in it."

Investigators said they don't even know if the couple was planning to meet with someone about the property.

It sounded to me like hunters on 4 wheelers were out and saw the truck parked on the side of the road, after several days and the truck was still there with the doggie inside they got suspicious and called it in. I have been looking at the area this is in (google-freak)and just wow, I understand a little better what they mean when they say dangerous terrain. I can almost go for the story that they went to check out the land they were interested in except for the fact that they brought the dog and then didn't take it with them to look at the land. I had a little hope when I read that they were going to use helicopters in the search on Friday but I don't see how that is going to help because there are just layers and layers of trees and stuff. It seems like they would benefit more by bringing in some tracking dogs. Did someone say there had been rain so the dogs couldn't pick up the scent?

Good thoughts. You know, it's the dog and the substantial amount of money left behind that's really throwing me off from forming a theory in this case. Sadly at this point I think cadaver and search dogs would be the way to go. Like someone mentioned, they could have fallen in a mine.

Then you have to ask yourself, where is the story coming from about the Jamison's looking for property and if that person is telling the truth.

Thank God Texas Equusearch is searching tomorrow. That is great news..I hope and pray they find this family.

Oh please keep us posted of any details you can share with us. Like if the truck was in working order or not.

Texas E. coming is great news!

Also a simple thank you wasn't enough for your post because I never even thought to question if the truck had mechanical issues!

The Topix thread is interesting in that, of the many post, no one claims to have really known the family. One poster claims to be a cousin. He/she is from Texas and has only disclosed that they weren't criminals or "druggies" but otherwise, disclosed little about them. One poster mention that they were believed to be wealthy. One poster mention the husband may have had cancer and one mentioned the "protective order" againt the husband's father. The lack of any information regarding Job or other personal relationships is unusual.

The rule here at WS is that if you discuss postings on a different forum, you need to provide a link.

TY!

Hoppy
mini-mod

The only thing that might make sense in this whole thing... to me...

If you are carrying a substantial amount of cash ($45,000?) and you go anywhere... you don't really want to carry it with you. So you lock it in the truck, and for extra security, you lock the dog in there with it.

None of the rest of it makes any sense.

I think they need to get the dogs out there. Even if they all fell off a cliff, they wouldn't have walked very far (lets say a mile) from that truck.

The rule here at WS is that if you discuss postings on a different forum, you need to provide a link.

TY!

Hoppy
mini-mod
--------------------------------------------------

Hoppy, mini-mod person,
Just to be sure:
I thought we could not post topix link, just refer to it.
No? Yes?

--------------------------------------------------

Hoppy, mini-mod person,
Just to be sure:
I thought we could not post topix link, just refer to it.
No? Yes?

I'm not Hoppy - but the general rule is that you may not cut and paste posts from other forums. You may link to the forum and discuss posts in general. If the forum or other site is not allowed at WS, the link will come up with asteriks. If you see asteriks - then it's a whoops and should be deleted. In addition, you may not cut and paste posts from WS (unless it is your own) on other forums/sites.

Hope that helps,

Salem

What a bizarre case.

I really do care about what happened to this family but OMG my heart just broke reading about the poor dog being stuck in the car for 12 days. I hope someone cared enough to get him to a vet and he is being well cared for. Poor baby.

Me too. :( Imagine the poor guy sitting in the truck thinking, "Where did my people go?"

Me too. :( Imagine the poor guy sitting in the truck thinking, "Where did my people go?"

I know, the thought breaks my heart. And you know his people were worrying about him also. It's all so confusing and sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member