OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THEORY: What if the father took them out there to commit murder/suicide? Staged the money and the dog to give his *looking at land* story some validity...? I really hope not, but nothing is really making sense here.

OKLAHOMA CITY --
The FBI and state agents are looking for clues in the disappearance of an Oklahoma family that's been missing for two weeks.

Bobby and Sherrilynn Jameson were last seen in Red Oak, looking to buy a 40-acre tract of land with their young daughter, Madyson.

Eufaula Family Missing
KOCO

Deputies said they have since found the couple's truck but little else.

"The truck was locked," said Latimer County Sheriff Israel Beauchamp. "The keys were not in it."

Beauchamp said that they found a lot of money, several coats, cell phones, maps and a GPS system inside the abandoned truck.

The wooded area in which they were looking at land is considered rugged, even for experienced hikers.

http://www.koco.com/news/21397440/detail.html

More than 100 people search rugged Southeast Oklahoma for family last seen October 9th

LATIMER COUNTY, Ok. - AM 740 and FM 102.3 News/Talk KRMG's Nicole Burgin reports more than 100 people will search an area of Latimer County today for a missing Eufaula family. The terrain the searchers will face is described as rugged and rural. "You know it is mountainous terrain and there are people that live up there that have been lost before," says Bryan Deatherage. He is superintendent of Red Oak schools and the nearest community to today's search. The Jamison family, Bobby, his wife Sherilynn and 6-year-old daughter Madyson were last seen on October 9th. The family went to look at land for sale in that remote area of Latimer County. "There are places you can go 15 to 20 miles and not see another community or house and this is a vast area and you can easily get lost," says Deatherage. Today's search involves not only more than 100 volunteers and law enforcement on the ground, but also a search by air, aided by a helicopter and a plane as well as horses to help negotiate the mountainous terrain.

http://krmg.com/localnews/2009/10/more-than-100-people-search-ru.html

http://texasequusearch.org/2009/10/osbi-request-help-in-search-for-missing-eufaula-ok-family/

10/22/09 — Texas EquuSearch was contacted today by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (“OSBI”), who requested our assistance in a search for a missing Eufaula, Oklahoma family. The family, Bobby Jamison, Sherilynn Jamison and Madyson Jamison disappeared in Latimer County, and authorities are now searching a rural area near Red Oak.

Tim Miller will be traveling to Oklahoma tomorrow morning to assist the OSBI in hopes of finding the Jamison family.

Strange. That's all I can come up with. Leaving the phones in the truck, maybe they didn't want to be tracked? Or maybe they expected to be searched by somebody?? I'd like to know if the child was actually seen with them there or if they are just assuming she was there. And I wonder where the poor dog is. I hope it doesn't end up in the pound after being saved to then be killed.

Strange. That's all I can come up with. Leaving the phones in the truck, maybe they didn't want to be tracked? Or maybe they expected to be searched by somebody?? I'd like to know if the child was actually seen with them there or if they are just assuming she was there. And I wonder where the poor dog is. I hope it doesn't end up in the pound after being saved to then be killed.

Yes very very strange. Do you know if this is where the land they were buying is where they stopped at? I heard on HLN that the dog is find but they never said where the dog is.

Any domestic disputes between them, does he own any rifles that are missing from the home? Sorry just saw this on the news and havent caught up yet.

In an earlier report it was mentioned that the dog was starving and frail but has recovered and is doing okay now. Sorry, I know I read it in the article I just can't remember which one.

I have not read any article that stated there were domestic disputes between the members of the family that are missing, however, if you look towards the end of this article http://newsok.com/authorities-seek-clues-in-search-for-eufaula-family/article/3410976#ixzz0UfzHqkWk

you will read:snip~Bobby Jamison took out a protective order against his father, Bobby Dean Jamison, in May, but Bohn said it has been dismissed and appears unrelated to the disappearance of the younger Jamison and his family. ~ end snip

In an earlier report it was mentioned that the dog was starving and frail but has recovered and is doing okay now. Sorry, I know I read it in the article I just can't remember which one.

I have not read any article that stated there were domestic disputes between the members of the family that are missing, however, if you look towards the end of this article http://newsok.com/authorities-seek-clues-in-search-for-eufaula-family/article/3410976#ixzz0UfzHqkWk

you will read:snip~Bobby Jamison took out a protective order against his father, Bobby Dean Jamison, in May, but Bohn said it has been dismissed and appears unrelated to the disappearance of the younger Jamison and his family. ~ end snip

Thanx for that link elle. Did you read the comments the people posted. Wow. scary stuff.

You would think that the person selling the land would have told him, don't go there alone, i'll meet with you somewhere being this general area could be dangerous.

I would be so pleased if they found them.......just lost in that woods!
No one stole the large amount of money in the truck.
Everything was left there like they were coming back.
Either that, or someone grabbed them up..........with all their belongings and the pup left behind. Why wouldn't then that person not take the money?
So it seems it would have been either a "hate" crime, or they are lost.....
I hope the Texas E has some success...........Bless them for trying.
I'm so pleased the little pup made it. I hope he is in a home full of love right now.

This is a very strange case. I hope all three are found safe and sound very soon.

Does anyone know what the temps have been the last few days for that area? And the weather overall?

Maz

:cow:

Wow, I have been doing some reading about Red Oak. What a place to go missing. There are apparently underground rivers and due to the recent rains if someone fell into an underground river they would drown in minutes. I gather that since the search was called off and rescheduled for this morning we should be getting some kind of news soon.

I was looking around trying to figure out how it might be for this family out in the elements and I stumbled across the information that there are also underground mines in Red Oak as well. Lots of underground holes as well. So a terrible accident happening to this family rather than something like murder or suicide is also being investigated, I am sure. There is another website that the search is being discussed but there is mostly rumors and speculation.

I have to run some errands so I just wanted to check in before I signed off for a bit. Hopefully when I come back there will be some news of the search this morning!

Very interesting case! I don't think they started out intending to hike. Esp. in that kind of terrain. If they had intended to hike very far, I don't think they would have taken the little girl with them. If they were hiking, I can't understand why they didn't take the dog with them? If an accident happened to one of them, I think one would have returned to the vehicle and gone for help. So whatever happened, happened to all or at least to both parents. I am guessing that if they fell into a river or a hole, then it would be close to the vehicle. But if that was so, then the searchers should have found some evidence by now.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11373775

snip~Latimer County authorities say they're accelerating their search for a Eufaula family of 3 that has been missing for about two weeks.

Undersheriff Matt Bohn says because black-powder hunting season begins on Saturday, it will be too risky for searchers to look for Bobby, Sherrilynn and 6-year-old Madyson Jamison.

The family's pickup truck was found about 30 miles from their home last weekend.

A landowner remembered seeing the pickup on Oct. 9 and called the sheriffÂ’s office.

The undersheriff says about 100 searchers were scheduled to comb through the Panola Mountain area near where the pickup was found, while helicopters and a plane search from above.

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol, firefighters and emergency management officials have helped with the search. ~end

still looking and can't seem to find any updated news

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11373775

snip~Latimer County authorities say they're accelerating their search for a Eufaula family of 3 that has been missing for about two weeks.

Undersheriff Matt Bohn says because black-powder hunting season begins on Saturday, it will be too risky for searchers to look for Bobby, Sherrilynn and 6-year-old Madyson Jamison.

The family's pickup truck was found about 30 miles from their home last weekend.

A landowner remembered seeing the pickup on Oct. 9 and called the sheriff’s office.

The undersheriff says about 100 searchers were scheduled to comb through the Panola Mountain area near where the pickup was found, while helicopters and a plane search from above.

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol, firefighters and emergency management officials have helped with the search. ~end

still looking and can't seem to find any updated news

Have any of the articles on this family stated whether they owned a dirt bike or ATV of any kind? That is the first thing that came to mind when I heard that this is rough country, that all three of them could have been on one vehicle and had some sort of an accident. Even if they had just been moderately injured, they may not have been able to get back to the truck. Their phones were probably left behind because they couldn't get service out there anyway, and if planning on a rather short ride to scout out the land, they would have taken as little as possible with them.

jmoo

Two weeks now.
They have been missing and no one from their hometown reported them missing.
That is one thing I find that is mysterious. Not a neighbor, co worker, boss.

All the things that were left in the truck.
Whenever I try to come up with why and how, it is changed by the things they left.
If they did go on dirt bikes, they would take their cells, or coats.

But when you look at the pickup truck, the wheels are coated in dried mud, so the weather would have made that dirt road very slippery. I don't think they would take the little girl dirt bike riding in that weather.

I read about that area too. Old mines and cisterns also.
And now the sheriff is saying it is black powder hunting season.

I pray they are found.

Have any of the articles on this family stated whether they owned a dirt bike or ATV of any kind? That is the first thing that came to mind when I heard that this is rough country, that all three of them could have been on one vehicle and had some sort of an accident. Even if they had just been moderately injured, they may not have been able to get back to the truck. Their phones were probably left behind because they couldn't get service out there anyway, and if planning on a rather short ride to scout out the land, they would have taken as little as possible with them.

jmoo

Good thinking but I haven't read any article that stated they might have ventured out on a 4 wheeler. The terrain out there sounds absolutely impossible and now I am reading that black powder hunting season begins out there tomorrow and LE say's it is to risky to continue searching. I just can't imagine what has happened with this family. Very, very, strange and I just hope that there will come a resolution soon. On the topic forum someone is posting there that claims to be a cousin and there is also another extended family member posting at mom cafe. Reading their thoughts make it very real and there are family members out there that want this family found.

Here is another article I found where the principal of the girls school commented:http://newsok.com/search-for-missing-eufaula-family-hampered-by-mud/article/3411324

snip~Latimer County Sheriff Israel Beauchamp said searchers are trying to get as much done today as possible, because the roads and conditions are only going to get worse.

"This is probably the last day we're doing to do this for a while," he said.

The search for Bobby and Sherrilynn Jamison and their daughter Madyson, 6, has been under way since a hunter found their pickup on Oct. 9, about 30 miles from the family's Eufaula home. Beauchamp said the family had gone to look at two 40-acre plots of land for possible purchase and had plans to move a shipping container onto some rural land and make a home out of it.

Victor Salcedo, principal of Eufaula Elementary School, said Madyson is a kindergarten student there.

"Our prayers go out to the family," Salcedo said.

Today was the second day for such a large-scale search, which involved two helicopters, an airplane, 12 dog teams and numerous people on foot, horseback and all-terrain vehicle.

Vehicles and horse trailers ran off the road and got stuck in the mud today as drivers made their way up Panola Mountain.

Beauchamp said he expects the search to last until dark.~end

BBM...a new bit of info, about moving a shipping container onto the property and making a home out of it? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member